It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

No we are not called to continue to sin, we are made new creatures so we should no longer have a desire to sin. But we are NOT perfect... This is the whole point, even a Christian sins, our mind wants to please the flesh but our spirit wants to serve God.

So ... what was the point of that whole crucifixion and stuff...? I mean, what you are saying - it seems things are absolutely the same, crucifixion or no crucifixion. You can still sin. Then you can repent. You could do that BEFORE Christ too. Renders all your teachings moot.

You are correct if this was indeed the message of Christ his sacrifice would be pointless. The only change from the Old Testament to the New would be the sacrifice of Christ instead of the sacrifice of animals on the altar.
The law could not change a man’s heart this is why they always had to offer sacrifices.

Jesus came to teach us how to follow the will of our father and became an everlasting sacrifice. When we accept the forgiveness that was given freely to us we are instructed to let the Holy Spirit guide us. If we allow the Holy Spirit to guide us we will do the will of the father. So in this way the New Covenant does something the law could not do.

No longer do I love my enemy out of fear of God but I love my enemy because the Holy Spirit in me guides me to love my enemy. When I listen to the Spirit I am filled with Joy and this changes my heart so now I can love my enemy out of love. Something the law could not accomplish.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

Are you Christian? If not then why do these things concern you...

As for what you just said that's not what I'm saying out all. But yes Christians can still sin.

Sure, why not. I can say I am christian, in that I believe and respect Jesus Christ.

In fact, I believe and respect ALL the prophets - as was the teaching of the last of them Muhammad - it is a tenet of my faith to believe in all of them.

In fact, my prayer ritual, my circumcision, my core beliefs are more in line with Christ than yours. So I am more christian than you.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Do you think Christians are immune from sin?
edit on 31-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Ether you are born again of the holy spirit or your not, you will know it.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

No longer do I love my enemy out of fear of God but I love my enemy because the Holy Spirit in me guides me to love my enemy.

So then, it was the Holy Spirit guiding that preacher to go to a prostitute and cheat on his wife. I see ...

You know there was another preacher who ALSO had a debate with the late Ahmad Deedat. His name was Anis Shorrosh. A palestinian christian. He was so loud, cursing and being impolite. Was also boasting about having "the Holy Spirit in him" and presenting himself "superior" to Deedat, the "stupid muslim".

He too is now in jail, haha. He set an apartment complex on fire and tried to kill countless people.

I guess, this was the work of the Holy Spirit too ...
edit on 31/12/2011 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Well that's what you was implying in your previous post, and I recall you did say that we are NOT saved by grace. Anyhow someone who wilfully disobeys is not a Christian and is a false convert imo.

If that is what I implied let me apologize as this was not my intent. What I was saying is that you don't understand if you say both of those statements together. If you understand that you were saved by Grace then you understand that you did nothing to deserve being saved.

When you tell someone else that they are going to hell you take a place of righteousness. Since you were saved by Grace, which means by no action of yours, then you must believe that God can save anyone who chooses.

So when you tell someone they are going to hell you are indeed taking God’s seat on the thrown. You are claiming that you are better than someone else; you have cast the first stone.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I gues, this was the work of the Holy Spirit too ...

Well you have just proven you are not a Christian with that, so thanks for making it clear.

Atleast we don't have to play games with each other now.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi

Originally posted by sacgamer25

No longer do I love my enemy out of fear of God but I love my enemy because the Holy Spirit in me guides me to love my enemy.

So then, it was the Holy Spirit guiding that preacher to go to a prostitute and cheat on his wife.

You, know there was another preacher who ALSO had a debate with the late Ahmad Deedat. His name was Anis Shorros. A palestinian christian. He was so loud, cursing and being impolite. Was also boasting about having "the Holy Spirit in him" and presenting himself "superior" to Deedat, the "stupid muslim".

He too is now in jail, haha. He set an apartment complex on fire and tried to kill countless people.

I don't know if these men were ever filed with the Spirit or not. But I promise you the Spirit that was guiding them to these things was not the Holy Spirit. The bible tells us that we can tell false teachers by their fruit. By my interpretation I would guess they were false teachers. Now realize I am not judging them for I do not know what is in their hearts and God is the only judge I am just stating my opinion based on scripture.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Well you have just proven you are not a Christian with that, so thanks for making it clear.

Atleast we don't have to play games with each other now.

I am submitted to the will of God.

Not the will of men, not the will of Christ, but just as Christ said "those who follow the will of my Father".

So, I am that. Following the will of his Father.

In arabic, "submitting to the will of God" translates to "muslim".

That is what I am, what all prophets were. Submitting to the will of God.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

If you understand that you were saved by Grace then you understand that you did nothing to deserve being saved.

That's not true, I understand them both together. I'm a wretched sinner that is not deserving of salvation but through the grace and love of Jesus he gave me the gift of life.

When you tell someone else that they are going to hell you take a place of righteousness.

Yes that is true God is the Judge, but we can also warn sinners of the reality of hell that if there not saved by Jesus Christ then that is there destination. We are also told we shall know them by there fruits.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

So then, it was the Holy Spirit guiding that preacher to go to a prostitute and cheat on his wife. I see ...

I'd think the preacher, (if the story is true), was ignoring the Holy Spirit's guidance when He did that with the prostitute. Paul exhorts us to live by the Spirit, and not by the flesh. My conjecture is that if he warned us to not give occasion to act on the lust of the flesh that it's possible to act on the lust of the flesh. It's not a sin to be tempted, it's a sin when you act on that temptation.

link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by dilly1

Nothing to add about the public school part ? No?

Oh, sorry. Yes, I could have said public school.

Feel better now?

Yes actually, I got you to say sorry.

link   

Nope but I do believe it is possible to stop willfully sinning. God calls many blameless under the law. Paul even claims that he was blameless under the law. So if men could stop willfully sinning under the law than how much more should we under Grace. The main difference between the law and Grace is the ability to change ones heart.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

not the will of Christ

Well there lays your problem. If your not serving Christ you are not serving the father. Jesus and the Father are one and equal to each other.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1

reply to post by dilly1

Nothing to add about the public school part ? No?

Oh, sorry. Yes, I could have said public school.

Feel better now?

Yes actually, I got you to say sorry.

Well, sorry I didn't say sorry earlier in the thread. I like making people happy!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

The one who is born again does not habitually abide in sin. He may fall into it, but he does not practice it as a lifestyle.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I'd think the preacher, (if the story is true), was ignoring the Holy Spirit's guidance when He did that with the prostitute. Paul exhorts us to live by the Spirit, and not by the flesh. My conjecture is that if he warned us to not give occasion to act on the lust of the flesh that it's possible to act on the lust of the flesh. It's not a sin to be tempted, it's a sin when you act on that temptation.

Yes, the story is true. You can watch the debates on youtube where he boasts these things, and also on youtube are videos about his episode with the prostitute later.

I just took those examples to show the error of this false righteousness - them boasting "we are born again, Holy Spirit is in us" and stuff like that - when they have NO IDEA what they are talking about.

Deedat was mor humble, and he insisted on the fact that yes, men sin, but you do not need anyone to DIE FOR YOU in order for God to forgive you. You just have to ask. God listens.

That is islam. Simple, yet effective.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

So one minute your a Christian and the next your a Muslim?

Do you really want to know what Jesus said about the Father?

John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

If you deny Jesus as the Christ be assured you will not enter paradise.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Its healthy to sin. Sinning makes you human. There is nothing natural about christian fear mongering.

To answer your question, NO christians and everyone else is not immune from sin. Sinning is a natural human trait.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Nope but I do believe it is possible to stop willfully sinning.

I'd agree with a spiritually mature Christian. But what about a "babe in Christ" still drinking milk? The Corinthians instead of having communion, were having communal sex. And the ones participating in the communion were getting drunk on the wine. Paul still called them brothers in the faith. We're in a paradox, we are called to holiness, yet we are also still under the curse in our flesh. I hate when I slip up and fail to do what Christ has commanded, or if I do things I know he said not to do.

That "hatred" for my own sins is the conviction of the Holy Spirit, if I didn't have Him indewling me I would see no sin in my life.

edit on 31-12-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join