It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

"Ooh, Junior has a slightly longer beak which makes it better to get at our food of choice...If Junior breeds with other long beaked versions in our species perhaps their offspring will be able to eat better." [obviously this isn't actual birds talking...Just want to make sure you're not going to attack that bit to distract from the nub of nub of my gist...).

So now your changing the goal posts. Thats not evolution at all and you know it. Evolution is Amoeba becoming a man by adding new information through genetic code over a long and gradual process. But this has never been observed by science.
edit on 30-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

You get one too. You're good!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Nope. Jesus....of Nazareth....the Galilean....Jewish carpenter... was blond, and blue eyed, and tall.
If you don't believe me, I can show you in a book. It's called the Bible (special edition for non cult members).

If you can show that from "the Bible", then I'll delete my profile. lol

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by dilly1

But to correct you on your last statement. Black or super holes are theoretical.

Correct me if I am wrong, but cannot Astronomers/Astrophysicists measure the gravitational effect black holes have on nearby stars?

Having a measurement doesn't make it a fact. Its a theory... Better yet you can use your wikibible to check. Wow

Dude stop with tv shows.

link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

"Ooh, Junior has a slightly longer beak which makes it better to get at our food of choice...If Junior breeds with other long beaked versions in our species perhaps their offspring will be able to eat better." [obviously this isn't actual birds talking...Just want to make sure you're not going to attack that bit to distract from the nub of nub of my gist...).

So now your changing the goal posts. Thats not evolution at all and you know it. Evolution is Amoeba becoming a man by adding new information through genetic code over a long and gradual process. But this has never been observed by any process.

That fairy-tale sucks!!! Who wants to sit around waiting for that to happen?? I've got stuff to do, my favorite fairy tale is when it only takes a kiss from a fair maiden to turn an amphibian into a man. We're in a drive-through fast-food culture, billions of years is so..

"Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz".

link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

So you did read "Evolution of Species" by Charles Darwin, right? Or are you making these statements based on what your faith tells you?

Let me give you a little refresher:
Galapagos Islands. Remote. Lots of "species" of finch on the island. All seem to be the same bird, except some have differently shaped beaks and eat different things. This allows all of them to thrive rather than all of them going after one food type. Darwin noted that they shared a common ancestor, but diversified in order to survive.
That's just a small part of the book. You do read 'other' books, don't you?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

So now your changing the goal posts. Thats not evolution at all and you know it. Evolution is Amoeba becoming a man by adding new information through genetic code over a long and gradual process. But this has never been observed by science.

Yeah.... that's what he said. In fact he basically gave you a book with pictures considering all the detail he added to his post. This may have never been observed by the Christian Approved Science crowd, but I assure you it's been observed. DNA doesn't lie, and Wolves don't turn into Chihuahuas without evolutionary help.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1

reply to post by dilly1

But to correct you on your last statement. Black or super holes are theoretical.

Correct me if I am wrong, but cannot Astronomers/Astrophysicists measure the gravitational effect black holes have on nearby stars?

Having a measurement doesn't make it a fact. Its a theory... Better yet you can use your wikibible to check. Wow

Dude stop with tv shows.

Lol, actually my recollection is a tad fuzzy because I learned that years ago in a government school, not from a TV show.

Be careful claiming theories are not "facts". Christopher Hitchens is turning over in his Hell, er, I mean grave.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Nope. Jesus....of Nazareth....the Galilean....Jewish carpenter... was blond, and blue eyed, and tall.
If you don't believe me, I can show you in a book. It's called the Bible (special edition for non cult members).

I did mention that it's just 'certain' Bibles. The word of God, for Caucasian westerners.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1

I did mention that it's just 'certain' Bibles. The word of God, for Caucasian westerners.

more like a white black semitic man.

he was obama, only better.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

So you did read "Evolution of Species" by Charles Darwin, right?

A Google search for "Evolution of Species" by Charles Darwin didn't turn up any results. I did notice he wrote a similarly titled book, were you meaning to ask if he read:

"On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life." by Charles Darwin?

Wait, did he say "Favoured Races"? What was Charles Darwin's degree in btw?

edit on 30-12-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1

reply to post by dilly1

Dude stop with tv shows.

Lol, actually my recollection is a tad fuzzy because I learned that years ago in a government school, not from a TV show.

Be careful claiming theories are not "facts". Christopher Hitchens is turning over in his Hell, er, I mean grave.

Ouch!,,,,government school,,,sorry. What is government school exactly?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1

I was thrown off a tad, I did a Google search for "special edition for non-cult members" and it didn't return any links to a book.

Just did a search for "The Word of God for Caucasian Westerners" and likewise, didn't have any luck.

Are you almost finished with your prejudicial arbitrary rant?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Evolution comes from mutations, passed genetically from parent to offspring, and on and on, over thousands if not millions of years, depending on the environment.

Mutations that happen with a loss of information not an increase, thus evolution is not possible because in order to go from a fish to an amphibian you need to add new information. In my eyes that's simply common sense and doesn't require you to be a scientific genius or a creationist to work that out.

Since the chances of the longer haired dogs are better in the cold climate, the long haired dogs become the dominate species.

That's also not evolution. The body has inbuilt processes which enables it to do that. For example when a human is exposed to cold for a long period of time our hair will grow faster, this does not mean we are evolving into a new species now does it...

Fair skinned people are a sign of evolution. So are colored eyes. These are mutations, which have led to new species of humans in the world.

Wrong. There are not different races. There is only one race the human race which God created. All people on the earth are descendants of Adam & Eve. Then the worlds population was reduced to 8 people Noah and his family, they then repopulated the earth but due to the sinfull actions of the decedants of noah at the tower of babel God scatered all the people throughout the nations of the earth. That's where langagues come from. So we are still one race in different locations, we have different colored people due to a pigment in our body called melanin depending on different variabes such as climate, diet it can change. We all have melanin and its possible for one couple to produce a wide variety of skin shades in just one generation.

Acts 17:26 - From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.
edit on 31-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

You know, public school. Government funded, state supported. You know, the only type of school where the religion of Darwinian Evolution is not only encouraged, but taxpayer-funded.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

reply to post by dilly1

You know, public school. Government funded, state supported. You know, the only type of school where the religion of Darwinian Evolution is not only encouraged, but taxpayer-funded.

You could have just said public school. Lol,,,but no you had to say "government school". Did you use government restrooms or government transportation. Lol

Religion of Darwinian? Lol

For sure your from Kansas.

Weird guy

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

I take it your a truth seeker and that's why you no longer believe in the official story from the governent about 9/11 so let me ask you why you believe in the official story from the government about God and the planet?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

reply to post by sacgamer25

1. You are saved by Grace alone

correct, faith and grace alone in Christ Jesus. You confess Jesus is Lord and then repent and be born again.

2. Anyone who doesn’t believe the bible goes to hell.

No... Anyone that's not covered by the blood of the lamb go's to hell that have had the opportunity to hear the gospel.

Now my question to you my friend is:

When willy you repent to Jesus for your idolatry of Mary?

I am not a Catholic, and nothing I said is Catholic in nature.

You are saved by Grace alone. So what are you supposed to do after you are saved? Continue to sin? Continuing to willfully sin after you are saved is the opposite of what we are called to do.

The message in the New Testament does not stop at believe be saved and now go do whatever you will to do. It is once you are saved that you recognize that your will led you to the position you were in. In need of being saved. Being saved and receiving the Holy Spirit is something that should change the very nature of that person. You are supposed to nail your old self, your sinful nature, your will to the cross. Once you nail your will to the cross you take up the Holy Spirit and desire to only do the will of the father.

The bible tells you very clearly that the will of your father is to love your neighbor, even your enemy. And also that the will of your father is to never judge an unbeliever. When you fail to love your enemy and you judge the unbeliever you go against the very words of Christ.

Can’t you see that you mock Christ when you call yourself a believer and do not follow what he teaches? We are to be thought of as followers of Christ. If you don’t follow what he teaches how will anyone know your faith? You have to prove your faith not to me or to God but to the unbeliever. By following the will of your father you will demonstrate that you do indeed have the faith you claim to have.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

For sure your from Kansas.

I don't own 'from Kansas', how can it be mine?

Weird guy

OUCH!

I mean, OUUCCHH!!!

With that my absurd trip threshold has been met. Toodles.

edit on 31-12-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

I am not a Catholic, and nothing I said is Catholic in nature.

Yes, "salvation by grace alone, through faith alone" (Habakkuk 2:4) was the calling card of the Reformation. Not Catholicism.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join