It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by undo

I am afraid no matter which way you try and slice it, evolution is Scientifically impossible.

Fact one:

There is no known observable process by which new genetic information can be added to an organism's genetic code. NONE - that pretty much refutes evolution right away because theirs no way to go from a fish to an amphibian without adding new information.

Fact Two:

Never has it been observed that life can come from non-life.

So molecules to man evolution doesn't really make scientific sense at all.
edit on 30-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Where did "Fact One & Two" come from? From you or your master who is brain washing you.?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

And theres nothing wrong with that but you need to learn the difference between Fact And Fiction and The Bible is just Myth that Early Christians tried to Hostorize.

link   

Well I don't believe Christianity is a religion I believe the old and new testament to be more of a history book and super natural guide book than a religious book. So yes I do think it should be taught to young children, the gospel teaches a child morals. I believe evolution is indoctrination of religion and would be best removed from education for its poisoning of children's minds teaching them that there nothing but animals.

If your only trying to "poke fun at me" I will cease to answer any more of your questions.

don't bother, i'm done.

so, there you have it, christianity is not a religion, its a "super natural guide book" which should be taught to children.

..and evolution is whats 'poisoning' children's minds. its apparent now why its so hard to deal with you.

byebye

link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Living organisms "losing" genetic information is not a creationist falsehood. Just look at all the disease and genetic mutations today... that is a direct cause from LOSS of Genetic information in dna. The gene pool is getting smaller, thats why most children these days have narrow jaws and crowded teeth.

And "in the beginning there was energy" doesn't really cut it does it? Because you have to explain where that energy came from. And also energy can not create living organisms by it self.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
sorry, last post for real.

And "in the beginning there was energy" doesn't really cut it does it? Because you have to explain where that energy came from.

you just showed the problem with god.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xxblackoctoberxx

do you or do you not agree that the followers of christianity indoctrinate their children? and wouldn't it only be fair if they were raised without a religion and then when old enough they we're free to find their way to christianity like you? or should they be 'brainwashed' from a young age into believing christianity and not even knowing why?

I grew up knowing many kids who were dragged along to church with their parents. I am still in contact with alot of them who are now adults, and most of them no longer attend church despite their "brainwashing". No they haven't officially turned to atheism either, but have become to busy and absorbed in their lives to actively participate in their "religion".

There are many degrees of christians, self proclaimed christians, raised christians, baptized christians, born again christians etc etc etc. Generalizing all Christians is so cliche and over done, much like alot of other "groups". i.e.

Republicans are?
Liberals are?
Atheists are?
Canadians are?

Religion is there for those who want to believe or need something to believe in. For those who don't, feel free to source another option.

When a friend says coka cola is the best and the original and that I should only drink coke, should I take his word? Should I listen to the coka cola advertisements and believe its the best?

I have my own mind and I may choose to research on my own and decide what I feel is the most comfortable for me to believe. If that is to believe in a God, does that make me less intelligent or brainwashed?

Religion and/or faith can bring hope where there is none.

link   

reply to post by vogon42

Simple answer is I am a Christian. Christianity is not a cult, we follow the teachings of the true living God... Jesus Christ and we are saved by grace and faith alone. Catholics are not christians for the reason that they do not follow the teachings of Jesus Christ but worship a false God that they have made of Mary. This is by definition is a cult - worshipping anyone other than the true living God. They do not follow what the bible says.

We are saved by faith and Grace alone. So what about the parts of the new testament that say this.

John 8:34, 36 Whosoever 34 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

I John 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

And what about the part of loving your enemy, have you done this?

In Hebrews it says.

Hebrews 6:4-6
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Do you not see that you claim to be a partaker in the Holy Ghost and call yourself a Christian but refuse to follow the commandment that Jesus said was the most important? Love your neighbor as yourself. By doing this you our bringing shame to our lord. How can anyone love the Christ that you teach?

Again my father I am sorry for being so direct. I do this only to show both the believer and the unbeliever that we must imitate the life of Christ once we accept your words and your spirit. I pray that all my brothers receive this message in their hearts so that we may bring your Kingdome into our hearts. I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ the son of the living God.

edit on 30-12-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx

And "in the beginning there was energy" doesn't really cut it does it? Because you have to explain where that energy came from.

God is not constricted by this universe or dimension. Energy is a creation of God. I know this is a hard concept for any close minded individual to understand but you'll get it one day if you free your mind from religion.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

uh huh

i know, and i dont really care it was just a childish poking fun of what revelation guy said. but yeah theres been some smart christians and atheists.

what do you think?

should children be indoctrinated or be allowed to grow up and find christianity on their own if they choose?

i'm of the opinion that you should raise your children. not your neighbor. and you shouldn't try to raise your neighbor's children. that's your neighbor's job. lol
that applies to all and sundry. now if you'll notice, the correction for christians being pushy is for atheists to be pushy back. and vice-a-versa. this is a normal, survival of the fittest mechanism. it has nothing to do with religion. memes like like to multiply and are self-sustaining. this also applies to everyone and not just religions.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

reply to post by sacgamer25

so believe in the word of man based upon assumptions based upon observable evidence.

or believe in god based upon... god.

Good too talk with you again and if you remember me you will know that I will say absolutely. With love of course.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

But laying your hope on a Non Existent Man in the Clouds is at the very least Foolish and at the most Delusional. Hope should come from within.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

reply to post by vogon42

Simple answer is I am a Christian. Christianity is not a cult, we follow the teachings of the true living God... Jesus Christ and we are saved by grace and faith alone. Catholics are not christians for the reason that they do not follow the teachings of Jesus Christ but worship a false God that they have made of Mary. This is by definition is a cult - worshipping anyone other than the true living God. They do not follow what the bible says.

We are saved by faith and Grace alone. So what about the parts of the new testament that say this.

John 8:34, 36 Whosoever 34 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

I John 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.
[\quote]

And what about the part of loving your enemy, have you done this?

In Hebrews it says.

Hebrews 6:4-6
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Do you not see that you claim to be a partaker in the Holy Ghost and call yourself a Christian but refuse to follow the commandment that Jesus said was the most important? Love your neighbor as yourself. By doing this you our bringing shame to our lord. How can anyone love the Christ that you teach?

Again my father I am sorry for being so direct. I do this only to show both the believer and the unbeliever that we must imitate the life of Christ once we accept your words and your spirit. I pray that all my brothers receive this message in their hearts so that we may bring your Kingdome into our hearts. I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ the son of the living God.

Wasn't meant for you to take it literally. Typical hellenistic christian.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

God is not constricted by this universe or dimension. Energy is a creation of God. I know this is a hard concept for any close minded individual to understand but you'll get it one day if you free your mind from religion.

You mean free your mind from faith. Say it correctly

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Living organisms "losing" genetic information is not a creationist falsehood. Just look at all the disease and genetic mutations today... that is a direct cause from LOSS of Genetic information in dna. The gene pool is getting smaller, thats why most children these days have narrow jaws and crowded teeth.

Mutations are caused by both additions and subtractions to genetic information. Please please please read the link I gave you. I know it wasn't written by "the lawd", but it doesn't make it any less true.

And "in the beginning there was energy" doesn't really cut it does it? Because you have to explain where that energy came from. And also energy can not create living organisms by it self.

Energy is a living thing. You are alive because of the energy that makes up your being.
Also: I have to answer the question "Where did the energy come from?"
Where did "God" come from?

edit on 30-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Going to church has nothing to do with becoming saved or knowing God. - This is a common misconception in america today. Over half the population think they are Christian because they attend church, this couldn't be further from the truth.

Religion is there for those who want to believe or need something to believe in. For those who don't, feel free to source another option.

Good thing Jesus is a PERSON and not a RELIGION then isn't it?

Also I would disagree with that if your referring to Christianity. I would say Christianity is for people who want to know 100% the truth and are sick of the lies.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

Atheism is a religion that makes it difficult for people who believe in it to learn the truth of Jesus Christ. Psalm 14:1 -- The fool has said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that does good.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0

But laying your hope on a Non Existent Man in the Clouds is at the very least Foolish and at the most Delusional. Hope should come from within.

so far all your rationales for being against ancient history is, one cliche after another, most of which don't resemble the text itself, or are exaggerations/over simplifications.

it isn't a man, in fact, it isn't one entity. it's many entities. the elohiym created the universe, it's a reference to the super massive black holes creating the galaxies. the gods and their methods of manipulating physics, medicine, science, became synonymous in several instances. in other words, the ancients had full knowledge of science that we are only now catching up to, and it was their attempt to explain it to primitive people in metaphor and symbol, that resulted in what we view today as fairy tales. it isn't the fault of the information. it's the fault of 1) time and distance from original events, 2) generational layering of language and info, 3) people being people. once you get passed all that and decide you want to know what these old stories are really talking about, info just starts pouring out of every crevice.
edit on 30-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Mutations are caused by both additions

Which additions would this be then? I hope you know mutations are not additions they are a malfunction of biological processes.

Energy is a living thing. You are alive because of the energy that makes up your being. Also: I have to answer the question "Where did the energy come from?" Where did "God" come from?

Energy is not a biological organism and by itself has never been observed to create life. As for where did God come from, God is eternal and has always been. He did not come from anywhere.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

You can call me what you want but that doesn't change the truth. Anyone who says these following sayings does not understand the bible, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit.

1. You are saved by Grace alone
2. Anyone who doesn’t believe the bible goes to hell.

Now if you say both of those or even just the second one you do not understand. God did not write a book that is full of difficult to understand halve truths that can only be interpreted by a few. God is not a God of confusion but a God of Order.

Here is some misinterpreted scripture to show you what I mean.

Luke 12:8-10
8 “I tell you, whoever publicly acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man will also acknowledge before the angels of God. 9 But whoever disowns me before others will be disowned before the angels of God. 10 And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

This passage says that if I publicly acknowledge Christ I will be acknowledged to the angels.

Here is the part that Christians repeatedly get wrong. You see only a believer can disown Christ. For an unbeliever never owned Christ so they cannot disown something they never claimed ownership of. The next verse proves that my interpretation is the only correct way to interpret.

So if I talk to someone about Jesus and they say something against me or Jesus they will be forgiven.

But if a believer says something against the Spirit they will not be forgiven. How do you not understand the disgrace you bring to our lord when you continue to sin after you have been saved and given the gift of the spirit? Read the letters from Paul to the Church he repeats this message over and over and over again.

So call me what you want but we must love our neighbors as ourselves.

I pray God that this messages reaches all who need it, in the name of your son Jesus Christ.
edit on 30-12-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

reply to post by dilly1

Atheism is a religion that makes it difficult for people who believe in it to learn the truth of Jesus Christ. Psalm 14:1 -- The fool has said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that does good.

I'm not part of any cult and I don't need or have a creed to follow. I only believe in myself and only in myself. I only answer to myself. I am part of no team and no party. I don't NEED(I know you like that word) any deity or forged scriptures to remind me who I am, where I am and where I am going. I am certifiably cleansed from ALL "brain washing faiths". Including yours.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join