It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South American Trading Block (Mercosur) Agree to Block British Soverign Flagged Vessels into their P

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
The Falkland Islands are British, because the people there want to be British, it's as simple as that. I personally have no interest in a group of cold rocks in the middle of the South Atlantic, but the people on those rocks want to remain British, so the UK government has a duty of care to protect them. If you want to shout about colonialism, then the Argentinian claim is just as colonial as it is a remnant of the old Spanish Empire. Argentina lay claim to several other Islands in the area that Chile lay claim to, so it's not just the UK they have these petty territorial disputes with. Perhaps the the Argentinian President should stop trying to deflect from the dire domestic ecconomic problems Argentina has, instead of drumming up distain toward the British, the last time that happened, many people died needlessly. If the people of the Falkland Island decide they want to be either Argentinian or Independent, then things will change, and all power to them, but until then, the Argentinians, who are very nice people and have an amazing football team and a very good rugby team, will have to accept the status quo :-)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

1.8 billion killed in a period of 200 years.Do you have amnesia ,sir?

1750 - 700,000,000, then in 1800 we are at 1 Billion. then in 1850 we are at 1.2 Billion, at 1900 we reach the dizzying heights of 1.6 Billion and finally in 1950 we reach 2.55 Billion.

So, in the period of 200 years, your highly educated doctor comes to the conclusion that we killed nearly the entire population of earth on every single country. A full 3 years after Indian independence.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Twiptwop

Facts are facts.Psychopaths will always deny accusations.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Remind me, what facts are they again? You are displaying anger, almost like you know you have been proven wrong but aren't man enough to admit it.

edit on 21-12-2011 by Twiptwop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I have presented evidence unlike you Sir.

www.countercurrents.org...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

'Evidence' that is spurious and been proven wrong, several times, from what I'm reading :-)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I have presented evidence unlike you Sir.

www.countercurrents.org...

Evidence, lol.

geography.about.com...

Sorry, but I do find it hard to believe "evidence" from biologists who can't count very well. Mind you, all lemmings need a leader, and since in comparison to you he is like Einstein, it's no wonder he has a gravitational pull.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Shminkee Pinkee

Facts are facts.You deny that British mass murdered hundreds of millions and possibly billions.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Facts are facts.You deny that British mass murdered hundreds of millions and possibly billions.

Yes we murdered the entire population of earth. Billions and Billions of people who hadn't been born yet and all their parents who also hadn't been born yet were slaughtered by the Scarlet Terror. We are dangerous people, we even kill the children of women unable to have children!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Ludwig, I think you've done enough trolling and deflecting of the OP, why not create your own thread on your hatred of the British Empire and we can discuss it there. I look forward to reading it. At least then you can stick to your own OP.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Since we are using Ludwigvonjealouskraut's way of thinking, can anyone recommend a builder to conduct the endoscopy I require? Anyone can be an expert on any subject, so a good builder should have no problems catering to my needs.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I was a dab hand at "Operation" as a kid - im up for it if you are!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

you need to understand statistics and historical events for analysing situation.He is MWC's political editor.Denial of facts is not going to help.Reparations will.

edit on 21-12-2011 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Nobody is really worried about those little cold rocks...

The real reason for this dispute are the territorial waters around the islands, with underwater oil reserves.

In the end, I believe that some kind of agreement will be reached between Argentina and the UK, mediated by Brazil (always Brazil, the "kings of diplomacy", the "friends of everyone") to allow Argentina to control part of the oil reserves in the territorial waters around the islands, and the UK to control the other part. A fair division.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
1 ~ you have already been proved wrong on the amount of deaths attributable by England in India, yet you persist..

2 ~ Sudan was reprisals for an uprising, wrong but it happens

3 ~ Do you want to put a number on how many British women and children died at the hands of the Dutch Afrikaners? No thought not

4 ~ so the UK was responsible for the First World War? Wow you must have some interesting history books completely different to everyone else’s

5 ~ Do now the UK is guilty for the Turkish Ottoman atrocities? Nope don't thinks so

6 ~ Whilst the UK did invade Russia, if marched around, could find no army to fight and left 6 months later, and just in case you didn't know the UK was there to prevent the likes of Stalin getting power, not to support him, and how you blame the UK for Stalin wow, I mean just wow

7 ~ if YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT IRAQ, TALK ABOUT THE MILLION NEEDLESSLY KILLED CIVILLIANS AT THE HANDS OF THE USA IN THE LAST 9 YEARS

8 ~ India again and some made up number of deaths, of course we opposed their self rule we were a conquering nation

9 ~ So it was the UK that started the second world war and not Hitler? You should have your own history channel and educate everyone

10 ~ We did not promote Japan into war, we were already fighting them long before the US got involved, take a look at how many British soldiers died fighting in Asia especially Burma, nor did we have any responsibility for them attacking China, that was actually a US backed initiative

11 ~ yes he knew he could not hold Singapore, but considering we were already fighting in Africa, Asia, and also fighting the Battle of Britain he could not reinforce it, I completely fail to see you point here

12 ~ reports are the Americans knew about Pearl Harbour anyway, and there is no evidence Churchill knew, and how is he to blame for Japan attacking the US? Did he send a message to the Emperor of Japan and say please attack Hawaii?

13 ~ Famine is famine, and there was no deliberate starving, famines happen all the time through drought or flooding, or are Great Britain, but we are not great enough to control the weather

14 ~ the bombing of cities (mostly industrial by the way) came as a response to Germany starting to bomb London

15 ~ You mean like the US does with Israel and Palestine now? The atrocities committed by both Hindu and Muslims extremists when India divided its self into India and Pakistan AFTER British rule ended has nothing to do with us

16 ~ That was a world decision, not just the UK, and was done in Sympathy for what had happened to the Jews during WW2, it was a mistake but done with the best intentions

17 ~ in 1944 the UK could do nothing in Hungary, we were still fighting a war against Germany

18 ~ have no idea what you are trying to attribute to Churchill here, seems like everything that ever happened in the 20th century you blame on Churchill, get a grip and a dose of reality, after all if it wasn't for Churchill you would be speaking German or Japanese right now

edit on 21-12-2011 by PrinceDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

You are quite right ''LudwigtheDELUDED''............. they do and I class YOU in that group too because your beloved America is the modern day 'Empire' of the current world as to the comparison of the British Empire many years ago.......

For all your historical facts and quotes, many of which are true and others which are VERY questionable, many in the world see YOUR country as the modern day Oppressors and Psychopaths hell bent on 'inflicting' democracey on others whom don't get it ....

Open your eyes and possiblly your mind if you can and start to realise your petty initial comments and 'digs' at the start of this thread only belie the ignorance of whom you really are !!

Regards and oh, Have a Nice Day

PDUK

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

There was a deal to share the oil made in 1996, but Argentina cancelled the deal in 2007 for their own reason, why would they want to engage in a deal again? and why would Britain bother negotiating again?

Perhaps it would be better if Mercosur ships/aircraft where blocked from UK ports of entry! balance things out a bit, maybe a bit childish, but so is blocking British ships.

Perhaps it would be better if Barclays where ordered to pull out of the agreement to get Argentina back on the sovereign markets so they can repay the debt they owe to the Paris Club, maybe they should just let the IMF sort that out.

ETA: actually as for the last comment I wouldn't wish the IMF on anyone.. that would just be plain nasty.
edit on 21/12/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
reply to post by GLontra

There was a deal to share the oil made in 1996, but Argentina cancelled the deal in 2007 for their own reason, why would they want to engage in a deal again? and why would Britain bother negotiating again?

Perhaps it would be better if Mercosur ships/aircraft where blocked from UK ports of entry! balance things out a bit, maybe a bit childish, but so is blocking British ships.

Perhaps it would be better if Barclays where ordered to pull out of the agreement to get Argentina back on the sovereign markets so they can repay the debt they owe to the Paris Club, maybe they should just let the IMF sort that out.

We couldn't possibly do that as we'd all end up deaf from the uproar in South America! Can you imagine? Britain relaunching empire, etc....

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I know
imagine we would be crashing the Argentine economy, and setting a domino effect off in South America... ouch

So they (as in Argentina et al.) must have a nod from London to do what they are doing to maintain support for the current administrations.. all noise and no trousers to distract them and us from what I wonder.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join