It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South American Trading Block (Mercosur) Agree to Block British Soverign Flagged Vessels into their P

page: 33
<< 30  31  32   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Just ignore that troll. Poll after poll and referendum after referendum has indicated that ~90% of Puerto Ricans desire permanent union with the United States either as a territory (the status quo ELA "Commonwealth") or as a full fledged state of the union. In the 2008 gubernatorial election the pro-independence party (PIP) got only 2% of the vote, the pro-statehood party (NPP) got 52% and the pro-territory party (PDP) got 41%.

Both the Falklands and Gibraltar wish to remain British. Gibraltar's new Chief Minister has said that discussion of sovereignty is not even a matter to be discussed - they are British period.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
At the end of the day this issue, with respect to the title of the thread, is related to the Argentinians forcing/coercing their neighbours to agree to a nonsense ban on Falkland flagged vessels having access to their ports.

I'm sure it has been demonstrated, in this thread, that any vessel from the Falklands can simply fly the British ensign and simply sail into all ports in Latin America thus negating Argentina's increasingly moribund attempts at annoying a few thousand British people who happen to live off their coast.

I do find it tiresome to have to point out to our Argentinian friends that you actually did try to colonise land that does not belong to you and never has by using force that resulted in the deaths of many brave men from both countries.

With all due respect, please abide by the wishes of the people who live in the Falklands.

No country should be in any doubt about our willingness and ability to ensure that the people who live in the Falklands will do so free from harm and intimidation.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Originally posted by SprocketUK

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by MonteroReal

Viva la los malvinas!!!! Death to the murderous genocidal British empire!!!

I see you're in Texas...doesn't that belong to Spain as well?
:-D

Don't be daft - Texas belongs to Mexico!

Lol, to Mexico, to Spain, i really don't care, i only care is the receiver be a hispanic country and nothing else.

And well, british may had been genocidal, but that's irrelevant now i think, after all we hispanics, or at least the white ones like me did the same in this continent.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Looks like Cameron has upset The Argies by re-iterating that the UK will do everything within it's power to respect The Falkland Islanders right to self-determination.

For once I support Cameron wholeheartedly.

www.telegraph.co.uk... tml

www.telegraph.co.uk... tml

However, I think Cameron would sell the Falklanders down the river immediately if he thought it was politically expedient or if he was instructed to by his masters, but there would be a national outcry like never seen before and there is too much money to be made down there.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I wouldnt say that we would not respect the Islanders wishes to remain British and thus keep the Falklands, but with the distinct possibility of a massive oil field just off of the coast, keeping the Falklands now is a virtual definate ..... as long as the oil lasts

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

So do I for once. Now there is a turn around.

Now Argentina are trying to up the rhetoric by having People protesting outside the British Embassy in Argentina. We might do just the same thing over here in the UK. Against Argentina.

Take the hint Argentina, I do not care what you do you will never have take those islands from the people on those Islands who want to remain British and do not want to be ruled or become Argentinian citizens either.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by elpistolero1

Indeed the war served no other purpose than to try give some legitimacy to a dictatorship; and many young soldiers died because of a few mad men.

The falklands were never argentinian, deal with it. "Cretina"can cry all she wants, she will never get those islands anyway

Si encuentras alguna historia de argentinos en las malvinas hablamos...

go back to playing with your playstation, or your "pistola", pistolero

don´t keep oin repeating the same leftist phrases that make no sense, unless of course if you are a follower of kretina, chaves and evo, if you are; I will acknowledge you no more and I can only feel sorry for you

edit on 22-1-2012 by Camilo1 because: thoughts left out.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

HMS Dauntless destroyer deployed to Falklands by navy

HMS Dauntless is to be deployed off the coast of the Falklands Islands in the South Atlantic, the Royal Navy has confirmed.

The Portsmouth-based ship will be the first of the navy's new Type 45 air defence destroyers to go to the area.

The Ministry of Defence said it was a routine deployment and HMS Dauntless would replace a frigate currently stationed there.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 31/1/12 by Soshh because: link

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Spotted that myself - the world's most advanced war ship in regards to anti air and anti battery capabilities and with a radar system more advanced than Heathrow! Not bad for a tiny island with a rubbish navy.......

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Well it's a good job that our rubbish Navy is supporting our rubbish Air Force in its air-defence role. 4 of these babies were getting nervous.

edit on 31/1/12 by Soshh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
You would have thought it would make sense to have a hardened early defence warning station positioned on West and East Falkland.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Between 1911 and 1920, the birth and death rates were virtually equal--about forty-eight births and forty-eight deaths per 1,000 population” whereas in the US the “ideal” annual death rate in the pre-antibiotic era early 1920s was 11 per 1,000 population per year and the birth rate was 27.7 per 1,000 population per year. Using Indian census data 1870-1950, assuming an Indian population of about 200 million in the period 1760-1870, and estimating by interpolation from available data on Indian avoidable death rate in (deaths per 1,000 of population) of 37 (1757-1920), 35 (1920-1930), 30 (1930-1940) and 24 (1940-1950), one can estimate Indian excess deaths of 592 million (1757-1837), 497 million (1837-1901) and 418 million (1901-1947), roughly 1.5 billion in total or 1.8 billion including the Native States.

Of course Eurocentric people may quibble about using the “advanced” US pre-antibiotic era 1920s death rate of 11 per 1,000 of population as a baseline for estimating Indian avoidable mortality (avoidable mortality rate equals observed death rate minus death rate expected for a decently run society with the same demographics). However Indian Ayurvedic medicine had a huge empirical basis gathered over thousands of years (see J.N. Govil and V.K. Singh, “Recent Progress in Medicinal Plants”, 2002, a huge multivolume series) and Indian surgical procedures were thousands of years ahead of pre-Ignaz Semmelweiss (pre-1847) 19th century European practice in terms of sterile practice (Semmelweiss Medallist and famous surgeon Professor Jeno Polya, “The History of Medical Science”, Budapest, 1944).

1.8 billion avoidable Indian deaths from deprivation under the genocidal British over 2 centuries is not that surprising when one considers that despite modern medicine, antibiotics, and the essential absence of famine avoidable deaths from deprivation in the period 1950-2005 in India and South Asia totaled 0.35 billion and 0.47 billion, respectively

If we go by an average of 6-10 Million deaths per year, through Christian war, genocide, and starvation of Indian people, then the figure of 1.5Billion is EASY understandable. If an estimated 60-80Million people died, during world war 2 which was over a period of 6years. Which means a death toll of around 10-12million a year, had the war carried on for another 100years, then we can QUITE EASILY see how the British Christians slaughtered, starved, plundered some 1.5-1.8Billion Indians

The reason why India remain a commonwealth state, is because of this deceit. The politcal state of India was created by the west, and NOW Indian are realising the truth. Imagine germany invading israel, plundering it, looting it, and then rebuilding it in their german image, with german schools, german link lang, german history, german ideology, and a german party created to delude the jewish people called israel congress, now some jews might think the german invasion was a good thing, But the VAST majority know the truth, and now Indians KNOW the deception of the British, the Ghandi family, Sonia Ghandi, the Chrisitan english education system which was Imposed....... Now the british empire didnt end, they morphed their ideology into government and the education system an act DONE on purpose to MISEDUCATE indians.

But lies dont stay forever, and now and has been for the past 30years, a MOVEMENT which will not end, untill EVERY legacy of British rule is erased.....Indians KNOW that the british wanted India to be duplicate soceity which takes direction from the west. But we are not Africa, or North or south america, or australia, we are the oldest longest empire the world has ever known. And the deceit of 360years of BRITISH CHRISTIAN rule in Dharmic India is now SHINING, and almost everyone NOW knows, that the british empire was not that great.....

.and within the next 15years, as Indian wealth returns, HISTORY will show how BRUTAL and VENGEFULL the BRITISH CHRISTIAN TALIBAN WHERE..At the moment the British Imposed a CHRISTIAN TALIBAN esque education system in place, to Hide, to erase, to teach Indians of an ALTERNATE history which puts the British empire in good lightBut now facts, figures, genetics, are aiding the Indians in their quest for truth, and one can see Why the British reinvested so much of the stolen Indian wealth into creating CHRISTIAN MISSIONARY SCHOOLS, and a creating FALSE DOCTORED INDIAN HISTORY......it was simply to EDUCATE out the truth, with MISEDUCATION on the past.Today Some Indian will say the british empire was a GREAT THING, because they have been schooled in a chrisitan camp school, but now the TIDE is in favour of truth, as MANY Indian know REALISE how they have been DUPED....mohan singh should be SENT TO JAIL..

Just to let those PRO english imperialist know that in india the PRO WESTERN PARTY is called CONGRESS. A party paid, created and funded by the WEST during British empire...also now sliding into oblivion.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SAFFRONite

Did you read this:-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SAFFRONite

OFF TOPIC

not only that, but full of hatred, racist and factually wrong.

top topics

<< 30  31  32   >>

join