It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South American Trading Block (Mercosur) Agree to Block British Soverign Flagged Vessels into their P

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
Well UKPLC wont be handing over The Falklands anytime in the next few hundred years as according to sources a couple of Oil companies have raised the required amount to actually start drilling very soon.

Ah, good. Some much needed oil and extra revenue for the people of the islands and our nation as a whole.

Originally posted by Wotan
I wouldnt be surprised to see a whole squadron of Typhoons and a full-on Naval base and a permanent battalion stationed there in the near future.

Isn't that what we have already? Maybe the Naval base is a little rustic, but we certainly have a squadron of Typhoons and the troops there already.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
Amen Brother.Falklands will get independence from the claws of the imperial British and will return to Argentina.The world supports you.

Independence? From who? They are self governing and have decided pretty unanimously to remain British.

I'll tell you what, we'' give you the Falklands if you give back Argentina to it's rightful people, not the Spanish colonists who make up over 80% of the population. And don't give me that "we've all inbred together" crap, because you haven't, your own countries census data proves that.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
@ Stumason: As far as I am aware there are only 4 Typhoons stationed there, hardly a Squadron, more like a Flight. As for the troops, I believe it is only a Roulement Infantry Company plus all the usual support arms so nowhere near a Battalion in Infantry terms.

From what I have read, when the Oil starts to come ashore etc, then The Falklands will actually 'pay' for the Defence of the Islands, so we may see an increase in its defences then.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

The flight is a standalone unit, not part of a squadron, but yes, I suppose it isn't full strength.

As for the "roulement" infantry unit, well, a roulement is a battalion sized major unit. Roulement just designates it as a mixed unit of battalion strength for short deployment, exactly the same as the ones sent to Afghan. Apparently, there are some 500 troops on the island, just shy of the 700 or so you'll find in a battlegroup in Helmand.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
So if I go to the moon and claim it as my own, I get to keep it forever; I mean its uninhabited and all you know.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

By all means, if you have the ability to not only go there, but live as well, then I say go for it.

Only nations are prohibited from claiming planetary bodies, but individuals, that's a legal grey area.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I'm far from an expert on such matters but I'm led to beleive that with in flight re-fuelling we can have a full squadron in The Falklands within twenty four hours.

There are four typhoons there permanently along with the reasonably large naval and army presence.

It is generally accepted that one of the navy's submarines is on patrol in the South Atlantic.

The Argentinian Air Force would be grounded and their Navy would never leave base otherwise both would be eliminated as a threat almost immediately.

Argentina will not attempt a military invasion of The Falklands again....and if ii is ever in a position to cause a significant amount of casualties then I wouldn't be surprised if the Argentian mainland was targetted.
Every scenario results in a heavy Argentinian defeat.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Yawn, serfs shouldn't be acting uppity. The only reason the UK has a "claim" to the Falkland Islands is because the USA allows it.

lol you need a little education here..

The United States has always been and still is a British Crown colony.

Contrary to popular belief, The Crown is not the Royal Family or the British Monarch. The Crown is the private corporate City State of London. It has a council of 12 members who rule the corporation under a mayor, called the lord mayor. The lord mayor and his 12 member council serves as proxies or representatives who sit-in for 12 of the worlds wealthiest, most powerful banking families, including the Rothschild family, the Warburg family, the Oppenheimer family and the Schiff family. These families and their descendants run the Crown Corporation of London

jubilee2012.50webs.com...

read and learn my friend..

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by elpistolero1
reply to post by Camilo1

What the hell are you talking about
???, the war in 1982 was for nothing then??, The Malvinas ARE Argentinian.
You better go and bend to the queen, people like you stop the progress and union of the South american Nations
Las Malvinas siempre Argentinas!!!

and...

Gibraltar Español!!!
El Esequibo Venezolano!!!
Puerto Rico Libre!!!

Recuerda, hay mas tierras hispanas ocupadas por anglos, no solo Las Malvinas.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Sorry, what is that in English, I dont speak Spic.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

Without the aid of a tanslator, he appears to be saying something to the effect of:

Gibraltar Español!!! = Gibraltar is Spanish (?)
El Esequibo Venezolano!!! = Esequibo is Venezuelan
Puerto Rico Libre!!! = Freedom for Puerto Rico

Recuerda, hay mas tierras hispanas ocupadas por anglos, no solo Las Malvinas. = Something like "there are many Spanish lands occupied by the English, not just the Falklands"

Obviously, Spanish people don't do irony, otherwise they would see their bitching and whining about "colonising" is rather hypocritical.

Also, Gibraltar is British, Esequibo is Gyanan (Not even british there, so no idea what they are banging on about) and Puerto Rico is willingly under the heel of the US..

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MonteroReal

Viva la los malvinas!!!! Death to the murderous genocidal British empire!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003

I see you're in Texas...doesn't that belong to Spain as well?
:-D

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
as people have now dragged the issue of spain and gibralta into this thread , riddle me this :

by what " logic "can spain demand the repartiation of gibralta , while she refuses to relinquish terretories in morrocco , to whit , ceuta , melilla , perejil ????

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK

Don't be daft - Texas belongs to Mexico!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Originally posted by SprocketUK

Don't be daft - Texas belongs to Mexico!

Then Mexico by definition is Spanish, Louisiana is French, most of the eastern seaboard of the US is British ....... see where we are going here

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

*sigh*

If we are the most murderous and genicidal people in history, then maybe you would want to not mess with us hey?

We dont only have silly nukes you know... Google Porton Down... We could quietly kill every none British decended people on earth with our DNA specific viruses...

And as we are so murder minded, we would not give a rats ass about it either.

Just as I could not give a flying monkeys bollocks about what you think of our proud history.

And yes.. I AM proud of it!!..

If my countries engine was lubricated on the blood of all of those people then so be it..

God save the Queen

edit on 18-1-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Watch that tumbleweed blow on by mate.. They conveniently avoid any mention of Spanish colonialism while at the same time spewing hatred of the British.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

I'm sure you, korathin and mkgandhas are in some sort of competition to see who can make the most anti-UK post.
Alas they are so innacurate, infantile and poorly written that they are simply viewed as pathetic and bigotted ramblings of three people who seem incapable of constructive, coherent and reasoned debate.

Why doesn't one of you start an anti-UK thread listing all your grievances and dislikes of the UK etc and then we can have a bitch fest in there and leave this thread for constructive and respectful debate about The Falklands?

Back on thread.

I also find it amusing that all those who criticise the 'colonialism' of the UK and advocate the 'return' of The Falklands and Gibraltar to Argentina and Spain respectively seem to completely ignore the Right to Self-Determination which is a basic and fundamental feature of The United Nations Charter and the de-colonisation process.
As such it is one of the very cornerstones of what we see as inalienable rights in a free and just world and should be respected at all times.

The people of The Falklands and Gibraltar have repeatedly expressed their wish to remain British.

It seems nothing more than Hispanic arrogance and greed that feeds these pursuits as they have no legal, moral or historic justification.
edit on 18/1/12 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
All of this "Imperialist British pirates" business is somewhat ironic considering that Argentina has only ever controlled the islands as an invading foreign power attempting to annex territory against the wishes of the local population.

Anyone who knows what flag HMS Conqueror flew following the Belgrano kill will find their habit of calling us pirates amusing too.

This 'agreement' is completely meaningless, as the Uruguayan Coast Guard pointed out immediately afterwards:

The Coast Guard report released Thursday and elaborated by its legal department, states that there is no maritime legislation preventing vessels flying the Falklands/Malvinas flag from operating in Uruguayan ports.

en.mercopress.com...

If there is any bother, they simply swap the Falklands flag for a British one and nothing can be done. This might explain why it was agreed to; they can shut Argentina up without even remotely inconveniencing us. Brazil signed a defence contract with BAE on the same day that this report was released, and then another on the 2nd of January. William Hague is paying them a visit soon as well.

I'm sorry if this disappoints any Argies that are knocking about. Actually I lied, I'm not sorry at all.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33 >>

join