It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South American Trading Block (Mercosur) Agree to Block British Soverign Flagged Vessels into their P

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Awesome.

Enough with the colonies and empires.

Go South America and the queen can go to hell.
edit on 21-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

I was about to question your logic then I realised it was you. South America have never had any 'ownership' of the Falklands - ever. The actual people who live there want to stay within British interests. It is South America that is trying to build an empire now they know oil is there.

Learn your facts, educate yourself, show some courtesy or why bother turning up?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by thoughtsfull

nuked? Then Uk might get nuked in the process by russians or others.

Return Falklands to South America.

"Return"? It was never part of any South American country - don't know where you live but if you can't educate yourself locally you may want to use the internet to learn what should be a basic fact, or are you just being an arse because you want to be?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I would have to side with the British on this one, Argentina's claims are baseless. I can't imagine why they're still pushing these claims the vast majority of the world refuses to recognize them because they're bunk.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by michael1983l

Read the Monroe Doctrine.All of the Americas belongs to the USA.Not a piece to the colonial british.Secondly,Falklands has large reserves of oil 50-80 billion Barrels.Thus USA must liberate it from British oppression.

You really, honestly haven't got a clue have you? The Monroe Doctrine doesn't say that the Americas belongs to the USA, it says it will join in action to halt further EUROPEAN expansionism of South American countries. The Falklands doesn't even come into this as it was not populated More to the point, it's not actually a document that would stand up in a court of law, it was an American statement of intent at the time. More to the point, if it was as you say stating that all of the Americas belong to the USA it would mean North America was imposing its own colonial rule.....

You might want to educate yourself a little.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee
reply to post by Twiptwop

wow.....
so england and france has a claim to it over Argentinas natives......yes they are a mix of both European and natives....but really .....England on the other side of the globe has more right....makes more sense for them to have it.....over a country right next to it.....which all of the other countries on the continent agree has claim to it....

its just wrong.....you NEED to get technical and picky to overcome the logical conclusion.....enjoy your land and let others enjoy theirs.....unless you dont care....or are looking for YOUR peoples best interest....

The natives aren't and never have been Argentine. Why do you think they are/were? Where did you get that information from?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Twiptwop

typical british denial of warcrimes.

It is demeaning to us indians that you and your empire committed mass genocide on us and murdered 1.8 billion of us.Atleast admit your warcrimes and apologize to India.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

when you have to argue the right and wrong of a situation to overcome the logic of simple truth....useless conversations that just lead you to become a howling animal insulting people and just proving that the mentality behind your countries agresions is fully supported by its people or at least by you....

.England is in alot places for its own good not because it is correct...... EUROPEAN nations should get out of everyones territory.... or face their constant scorn....accept that

Empire is made by conquest......not by putting flags in the ground and saying here first,,,,
today,,,,,not when you landed there hundreds of years ago,,,,,is england a part of the south american community...no....so leave.....England confounded this problem by not leaving after an long era of rape theft and murder in the new world.....just go home....or stay but be honest,,,,,,you defend EMPIRE not right......

Because you can't put any sensible thoughts together, can I just mention oh, let's say VIETNAM as a country that didn't want America to come and play at war??? How on Earth you can compare settlement on an unpopulated island is beyond me. Do you understand - the Falklands never, ever belonged to Argentina.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Coming from a, “Yank”, I could think of no other country I would want mine to risk its blood and treasure on than our mother country; United Kingdom. All the Americans here complaining about “British go home” kind of crap are the ones indoctrinated with a radical anti-colonialism where they see any foreign ownership of a nation (voluntary or not) as the continuation of colonialism (yet conveniently, occupying a hundred countries with military bases does not count).

Great Britain owns the Falkland Islands; the Argentinians need to get over themselves. They are just mad because it has oil and they lost the war.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Unfortunately, the people of the Falklands will always suffer in some way due to the dispute. Argentine rule would lead to an influx of people with an inherently different culture and language that would rapidly destroy the traditional way of life of the people.

Continued British control whilst in the shadow of the 1982 war and Argentine sabre-rattling also has some major drawbacks for the Island communities. You now have a garrison force of around 500 British troops on the islands as opposed to a tiny Royal Marines force of less than 50 men prior to the war. With a local population of less than 3,000 on a set of islands that already has a higher proportion of men to women, the demographic effects of local women marrying British soldiers and leaving for the UK are quite pronounced.

I was acquainted with a lady who had done just that, met her husband whilst he was serving on the garrison and moved to the UK when his tour ended. She told me that even ten years ago there was a major shortage of single women on the islands and that it had created some bitterness towards the garrison forces from the young male locals.

Then on top of that you have attempts such as this to destroy the local fishing industry.

It's sad really.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

excellent post sir.The british denial of democide in india is astounding.There have been no mass murderers comparable to British.Even Genghis Khan and Hitler look like Choir boys compared to British Empire.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Out of line? Punished? Who do you think you are? Our daddys?
You are dissapointed that other South American countries support an Ally? What the h*ll does NATO do when one of its members is in conflict with a third party?

You are so wrong on so many levels and misinformed, propaganda washed your brain better than it was expected.

My government is as corrupt and dispiceable as any other and I don´t support 9 and a half of 10 of their actions, but that doesn´t make yours right.

You should also realize that this disputes are no longer between our countries, but between competing corporations, so PLEASE don´t take sides, that just makes you look ignorant...

By the way I´m from Argentina. I want you to know that I don´t hold anything against anyone and I wish for all of us oppressed in this world to someday and in the most peaceful way stop taking sides for interests that are not our own. The people in power enjoy putting us against each other and then watch how we fight with a sick laugh on their faces. Don´t buy propaganda, please, we are all the same, there is no good and bad populace, there is evil people with a lot of misdirected power in every single country on earth willing to do whatever it takes to mantain the status quo.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Even if it were still being enforced by the US the Monroe doctrine would be inconsequential. It stated that it would prevent FURTHER European colonisation. The Falklands were already settled British sovereign territory.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

Return Falklands to South America

How can you return something to someone that they never had in the first place?

I see you are spouting your usual anti-UK rhetoric and bile.
It must be incredibly sad having so much pent up jealousy and hatred....you are a pityful and hateful individual repeatedly advocating 'nuking' the UK.

As for Russia supplying Argentina.
Don't be so stupid.
They didn't do it at the height of The Cold War back in '82 and they aren't going to do it now.

And as for India?
Told you before and I'll say it again - stop derailing the thread with your delusional deflection tactics, start a thread on the subject and I'll gladly contribute.

reply to post by newyorkee

Why has the US got Hawaii?
Why has the US got Alaska?

Not saying they shouldn't - just wonder why there might be a difference.

Oh....what is so hard about this...it's not just England, it's The United Kingdom, or Great Britain

As for The Falklands.

The islands were uninhabited before the UK gained control.
Argentina has never owned the islands.
The Islanders wish to remain British, and as long as that is the case then so they will.
Sure everyone is aware of the right to self-determination.

As an aside I think it's worth mentioning that prior to any exploratory drilling for oil the UK offered to share all costs and any subsequent profits with Argentina, bearing in mind Argentina has no oil industry or expertise at all and absolutely no right according to international law to anything - Argentina turned down the offer.
Why?

The Falkland will remain British.
It is not for negotiation.
edit on 21/12/11 by Freeborn because: spelling

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

This old world colonial BS has to stop......where on the globe is the United kingdom.....why have the falkland islands...straight of gibraltar...etc etc....I get it....just admit its wrong to deprive other people of land that is logically theirs and you dont care because your might makes right...so haha....

The land belongs to the people who inhabit it.
It is up to the people who live on that land what they do, not you, not us, not any other freakin nation!

What part of this is so hard for you to understand?

If this were any other country, with the USA wanting to claim it back against the will of the inhabitants, you'd be all over it screaming about the people being protected. Why is it different for a tiny nation that happens to want to remain under British influence?

A lot of people here are deluded and warped by their "NWO" fantasies and their never ending hatred of anything American or British. They're pathetic people who will pick a side of an argument based on which flags are involved no matter what course would be the most logical.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Coming from a, “Yank”, I could think of no other country I would want mine to risk its blood and treasure on than our mother country; United Kingdom. All the Americans here complaining about “British go home” kind of crap are the ones indoctrinated with a radical anti-colonialism where they see any foreign ownership of a nation (voluntary or not) as the continuation of colonialism (yet conveniently, occupying a hundred countries with military bases does not count).

The problem is that we are too alike. Ethnically and culturally the UK and US are very similar to one another. The UK is culturally far more similar to America than any of our nearer neighbours.

I tend to think of the Anglo-American relationship as that between two brothers where the younger brother has grown up to be physically stronger than the elder. He resents the elder a little for the beatings when they were growing up, while the elder brother resents the loss of primacy, but deep down the brothers hold a strong affection for each other. The problem being, sibling rivalries are often messy and not always easily forgotten.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesyleps

Fantastic analogy, I loved it and believe you are spot-on. But one thing about sibling relationships, they may have messy rivalries but will always be there for the other one.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Awesome.

You don't know what you're talking about.
I'm from Gibraltar. We've always wanted to remain British and have had a very hard time because of Spain, every time we have a referendum we vote nearly 100% in favor of Great Britain and against Spain.
The people in the Faulklands don't want to be Argentinian.
Doesn't that count?
What you saying faulk the people or something?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I have time for the informed Americans that want to forge a healthy relationship and during my military days I actually worked on an American instalation on behalf of the American people. However if I meet people like I have read on here then it is difficult not to take the comments with bitterness after so much blood and sweat has been shed for the relationship. Sometimes it feels like the US-UK relationship runs in one direction, like the Extradition treaty, the US expects that we extradite our Citizens to the US when requested but no such treaty exists for the opposite direction. Idiots like a few on here simply do nothing for the US reputation.

I have actually been in California a few years back and face to face I like the people. Yet had I met some idiots that have spouted quite simply anti-British rhetoric on here then I may not be as open to friendship.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

A friendly reminder...

Let's keep it civil, folks, and refrain from personally attacking your fellow members. Adherence to this simple request is expected. No exceptions.

Consider this fair warning.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Awesome.

Yeah go South America, until South America tells the dollar to go to hell, and then what.

England has neither colony nor empire, since it lost India.
The Falklands Islands are a British dependecy who are British by VOTE.
They wish to be British, not South American (who would!!)
Why insult the Queen i dont understand?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join