It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South American Trading Block (Mercosur) Agree to Block British Soverign Flagged Vessels into their P

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Originally posted by Narciso
reply to post by andy1972

Let me answer to that with one simple question, or may be not that simple...

Why can NATO countries respond as a block when one of its members has an asset in danger but Mercosur countries can´t? Its seems unfair doesn´t it?

But they don't have an asset in danger, the faulkland Islands never has and never will be under Argentine control. Neither does it have and Native Argentine people. So what asset exactly is under threat?

Colonialism is over, if the people in Malvinas want to remain british take them back with you. They were never in under argentinian control because the UK controlled them since the 1800´s, but that doesn´t change the fact that they are part of argentinian territory because of their proximity to the mainland and therefore the resources found or to be found are argentinian, and thats whta the UN has concluded time and time again, but who cares, you have the bigger stick, so yes, they would probably never be under argentinian control, but not because the UK is right but because the UK is a bully with even more dangerous friends. Go BP!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

And you speak about the UN, please can you find me the UN resolution that decrees the Faulkland Islands as Argentinian. The UN recognises the Faulkland Islands as British teritory not argentinian.

Please enlighten me and show me where they recognized them as british. I just can´t find it.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Narciso

Lets hear what the native inhabitants have to say about that, lets remember the Island was unpopulated before Britain arrived and Argentina did not exist at that time.

Addressing the Special Committee, ROGER EDWARDS, an elected member of the Legislative Assembly of the Falkland Islands, told delegates that Argentina’s claims over his native islands were unfounded. “The Falkland Islands never formed part of Argentina,” he stressed, adding that Falkland Islanders themselves did not wish to see a change from British sovereign status. In that light, he urged delegates not to adopt the draft resolution currently before them, which had been drafted without reference to the wishes of the Falkland people and their fundamental right to self-determination. While Argentina claimed sovereignty over the Islands on historic, geographic and legal criteria, those criteria were flawed. They were based on “myth” and on changes to historical facts imposed by Argentina “to suit its own ends”, he said.

www.un.org...

I do not see how you can say with a straight face, that Argentina somehow should own a teritory just because it lies 400 miles off its coast. Despite the fact that the nation of Argentina only came about after the colonisation of the Islands and the fact that Argentinian people have never lived on the Islands.

Come on admit it, this is just about the resources, mainly the oil. If your nation ever finds the balls to try and take it by force again, you will have an almighty shock.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Narciso

I think you'll find that they are called the Falkland isles not Islas Malvinas

Why is it when the Argies were offered a full partnership in oil exploration they turned it down, then try to turn other S American countries against the Falklanders with this embargo.
If they so desperately want the islands to be Argie then let them try and take them again!!
edit on 21-12-2011 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

And you speak about the UN, please can you find me the UN resolution that decrees the Faulkland Islands as Argentinian. The UN recognises the Faulkland Islands as British teritory not argentinian.

Please enlighten me and show me where they recognized them as british. I just can´t find it.

Britain is a recognised state by the UN and a ry member. The falklands is part of UK soverignty, therefore the UN recognises the Falklands. If they did not the UK would not be allowed to be a member state of the UN. You still haven't found me the resolution that states the UN have decided the Falklands belongs to Argentina.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Oh and the Falkland Islands is not a colony as it is self governed and self sufficient. It elects to stay under british soverignty by democratic choice. Do you believe in democracy my Argentinian friend?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
reply to post by Narciso

I think you'll find that they are called the Falkland isles not Islas Malvinas

Why is it when the Argies were offered a full partnership in oil exploration they turned it down, then try to turn other S American countries against the Falklanders with this embargo.
If they so desperately want the islands be Argie then let them try and take them again!!

Hahahahah!!! Thats what I´m talking about, exactly! Bigger stick, you right, me wrong, uhuhuhuhuhuh!!!

It always is about the resources, nor Argentina, nor the british give a f*ck about the "falklanders", they are "falked" and Argentina will always be and lose because it has the wrong friends with shorter sticks, congratulations.

Pearl Jam Do The Evolution Lyrics
Woo..
I'm ahead, I'm a man
I'm the first mammal to wear pants, yeah
I'm at peace with my lust
I can kill 'cause in God I trust, yeah
It's evolution, baby

I'm at piece, I'm the man
Buying stocks on the day of the crash
On the loose, I'm a truck
All the rolling hills, I'll flatten 'em out, yeah
It's herd behavior, uh huh
It's evolution, baby
[ Lyrics from: www.lyricsfreak.com... ]
Admire me, admire my home
Admire my son, he's my clone
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
This land is mine, this land is free
I'll do what I want but irresponsibly
It's evolution, baby

I'm a thief, I'm a liar
There's my church, I sing in the choir:
(hallelujah, hallelujah)

Admire me, admire my home
Admire my son, admire my clones
'Cause we know, appetite for a nightly feast
Those ignorant Indians got nothin' on me
Nothin', why?
Because... it's evolution, baby!

I am ahead, I am advanced
I am the first mammal to make plans, yeah
I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
It's evolution, baby
Do the evolution
Come on, come on, come on

To the ones sustaining this little argument with me, you´re all right, I was wrong. I apologise, see you later.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

edit on 21-12-2011 by smint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I´m not your friend, sorry. I believe that noone knows democracy because it has never been fully implemented as it is supposed to be, so I can´t believe in something that doesn´t exist in the real world, that would make me look pretty stupid.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Narciso

Argentina has no right to The Falklands.
They were uninhabited and we took them over well before Argentina ever existed.

The people who live there, and who have done so for quite some considerable time now, wish to remain British.

Why should a nation or people have any right to a land it's never owned or colonised when there are people who do live there and have no desire to belong to that nation.
The Falklands aren't even in Argentinian territorial waters.

So why should your right be any greater than The Islanders?

Argentina has no legal, moral or historical right to The Falklands.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

reply to post by michael1983l

I believe that noone knows democracy because it has never been fully implemented as it is supposed to be, so I can´t believe in something that doesn´t exist in the real world, that would make me look pretty stupid.

I think thats a comment we can all agree with. What ever happens, the rich will get richer and the poor get poorer.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Narciso

So people should not be allowed to decide their own fate then, like the native Falkland Islanders want to?

You still have not provided one sensible argument as to why Argentina, that as a nation was born after the Falkland Islands should be the soverign state of the Falkland Islands?

Do you think that if the people of the Falklands were given an honest and free vote on who they wanted to be soverign state to that it would not come back as 99%+ British Soverignty. What gives you the right to displace an entire nation on the grounds that the Island is relativly close to your nation and it must be your because my dad told me a story once that he lived there.

Come on, give me a break. You have zero valid grounds for claims on the Islands and if your nation continues to try and bully the Islanders and the UK into handing them to you, then I personally would back any UK government mandate to go to war with Argentina.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
RESOLUTION 502 OF THE UNITED NATIONS SECURITY COUNCIL 1982 - read it here - says it all.

The UN was deeply distressed at the INVASION by Argetine forces in 1982, if the UN saw the Falklands as Argentine territory, then why do they say INVASION and not a legitimate recuperation of the islands then??

edit on 21-12-2011 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Narciso

So if the indiginous Argentinian Indians wish to reclaim Argentina as there's once again, (at least they did populate the land unlike Argentina and The Falklands), should all those of Spanish descent be repatriated to Spain?

Your arguement is baseless.

As I have said, Argentina has no legal, moral or historical claim to The Islands.

I really don't understand why Argentina didn't accept the UK's offer of sharing in any mineral wealth found in the region.
It would have provided much needed income for the islands and both Argentina and the UK.
And with the closer lnks a better understanding of each other's viewpoint would have developed and who knows what The Islanders would think a generation or two down the line when the '82 conflict was consigned to the history books and close relations existed between the two.

Seems to me the Argentinian people have been sold down the river yet again just to feed the political ambitions of a politician and they are the only people who will suffer and miss out.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

reply to post by Narciso

So people should not be allowed to decide their own fate then, like the native Falkland Islanders want to?

You still have not provided one sensible argument as to why Argentina, that as a nation was born after the Falkland Islands should be the soverign state of the Falkland Islands?

Do you think that if the people of the Falklands were given an honest and free vote on who they wanted to be soverign state to that it would not come back as 99%+ British Soverignty. What gives you the right to displace an entire nation on the grounds that the Island is relativly close to your nation and it must be your because my dad told me a story once that he lived there.

Come on, give me a break. You have zero valid grounds for claims on the Islands and if your nation continues to try and bully the Islanders and the UK into handing them to you, then I personally would back any UK government mandate to go to war with Argentina.

When did Great Britain care about people deciding their own fate? Never mind. But I remind you that you where ok with doing that to the palestinians when you decided to create Isreal out of thing air so I assumed you would be ok with this too, I guess I was wrong since this time what favours your interests is the opposite. Hmmm, I learning a lot today...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The people of the Falklands want to remain in their current position. How difficult is that to understand?

There is no legitimate argument for the Falklands being anything but British territory. The Falkland Islanders reject the claims of Argentina and want to remain a British territory.

These South American colonialists are taking liberties because they know Britain is too kind, unlike the South Americans, there is no blood lust in Britain for conflict.

It's funny how people talk about Britain this, Britain that, the history of British imperialism yada yada yada, but can't accept that the only imperialists and aggressors in this scenario are the Argentinians trying to siege an Island that doesn't belong to them.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day - Britain, for all her atrocities, has legitimate right to the Falklands.

These are facts, and if Britons weren't so nice we'd punch you in the face!

We will ship James Haskell to Argentina and he will emasculate you again!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I´ll tell you this one more time.

MY GOVERNMENT SUCKS! I hope that was clear enough for you, but...

SO DOES YOURS!

Right or wrong doesn´t belong to the politicians arena, you should be able to think for your own and figure out that something that lays at your neigbours backyard, maybe not important for him, but it doesn´t make it yours. I wonder what your thoughts would be if the case was the opposite and there were 10 whereverians that can prove inhabited britain before it became the UK.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
While were on/off the topic i thought i'd included this jem i read a few minutes ago ARGENTINA TO FLY MALVINAS FLAG AT THE 2012 OLYMPICS

How pathetic.
Kirchners scraping the barrel here for a bit of support.
Its a shame Maggie didnt finish the job in 1982 and launch tactical nuclear weapons like she said she would if Fance didnt hand over the exocet missile codes.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Narciso

When did Great Britain care about people deciding their own fate? Never mind. But I remind you that you where ok with doing that to the palestinians when you decided to create Isreal out of thing air so I assumed you would be ok with this too, I guess I was wrong since this time what favours your interests is the opposite. Hmmm, I learning a lot today...

The day democracy was born in the UK and the freedom of speech. You do realise that the UK is the birthplace of democracy right? You know that Idea that allows the people to vote on the party they wish to look after their interests. guess you think that is not caring for the people though do you? Maybe highlighting the fact that the UK gives more foreign aid per % of GDP capita than any other nation in the world? But again you will probably rebuff that. How about the UK's world renownd free religion and freedom of migration without discrimination? Again we are probably not caring for people there are we, we probably luring them in so we can burn them all at the steak next year.

I see you couldn't come up with a reasonable argument as to why Argentina should have the Falklands, so you resort to attacking the ideal of the UK instead. Won't wash sunshine. See you in the trenches.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JessopJessopJessop
The people of the Falklands want to remain in their current position. How difficult is that to understand?

There is no legitimate argument for the Falklands being anything but British territory. The Falkland Islanders reject the claims of Argentina and want to remain a British territory.

These South American colonialists are taking liberties because they know Britain is too kind, unlike the South Americans, there is no blood lust in Britain for conflict.

It's funny how people talk about Britain this, Britain that, the history of British imperialism yada yada yada, but can't accept that the only imperialists and aggressors in this scenario are the Argentinians trying to siege an Island that doesn't belong to them.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day - Britain, for all her atrocities, has legitimate right to the Falklands.

These are facts, and if Britons weren't so nice we'd punch you in the face!

We will ship James Haskell to Argentina and he will emasculate you again!

South American colonialists, what nonsense! If we were such colonialist you would be talking spanish or portuguese in this friking forum instead of me trying to answer a hundred people in better English than most of them as fast as my fingers can type.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join