It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson Blasts SNL Tebow Skit: ‘There’s an Anti-Christian Bigotry‘ That’s ‘Disgustin

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Im a Christian and I was watching SNL when that skit came on. I simply changed the channel in order not to be offended. I doubt any Christian would feel such an anger over it to take to the streets with violence. That would not even be a consideration, personally. I'm saddened a little that people would think that about Christians, I know that some people have commited atrocities in Jesus's name but I can gurantee you that Jesus will say that he never knew them when Judgment occurs.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
All i take from this is that Pat is a racist, close minded, old fool. Because all muslims bomb and blow each other up if they are offended. Amazingly racist.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Pat Robertson and his cronies are indeed extreme conservative Christians on many topics. I understand there disgust though. SNL is a free reign liberal mouth piece for political and comedic satire. It pisses many people off. Life goes on. Enjoy the freedom of expression and speech I say.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Perhaps Pat and other Christians should stop the anti-Muslim bull# if they want more respect?

It was a skit mocking a football player with a holier-than-thou attitude. If I'm not correct, Tebow is pro-life and vocal about it as well.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Wow .... you did A WHOLE lot of stretching with the Truth here and i mean your opinion basically comes out of thin air. Literally.

I don't know a whole lot about Teebow or whatever his name is and i honestly could care less. I just know if i was mocked because of my religious beliefs / something i hold dear to my life ... i would be very offended. Im sure Mr Pat was offended as well , not only was a mocking of Teebow , but a whole 1 billion strong belief system.

Hell i find it offensive you just said that to be honest. OP
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
-yawn insignificant monomorium minimums

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I have a sneaking suspicion the poster of this nonsense is not all that sincere.

Perhaps he's having a bit of fun at everyone else's expense? He really needs to be ignored.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Perhaps Pat and other Christians should stop the anti-Muslim bull# if they want more respect?

It was a skit mocking a football player with a holier-than-thou attitude. If I'm not correct, Tebow is pro-life and vocal about it as well.

I think it would be more correct to say that it was a skit mocking a football player whom the press and the public have given a holier than thou attitude to. Tim Tebow seems grounded to me. He's a christian who just so happens to like to pray on the field. Nothing wrong with that. But some of these blowhards seem to think that just because he does that, he's wearing it on his sleeve.

This skit happened on SNL. It's a comedy show. It was a JOKE for petes sake. If Tim Tebow wasn't offended, no one else should be either IMO. If people think that the OP took what that preacher said out of context, then it's par for the course. The preacher took the whole skit out of context.

Tim Tebow has taken all of this like a man. The peacher could learn something from that behaviour.

On a side note, the keyword density for "Tim Tebow" is roughly 3.5% for this post. Search engine friendly.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I personally think Jesus has a sense of humor...SNL is known for their sarcastic humor. I think Pat Robertson and some others are making a big deal...out of a piece of comedy. I think Pat Robertson and others are over-reacting.

Here is an interesting article in the (LA Times)...about the skit....

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

edit on 21-12-2011 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate
Amazingly racist.

Islam is a religion ... not a race.

I haven't seen a snooty holier-than-though atitude out of the guy. He's a christian and pro life. He's better mannered than his counterparts are - the far left hollywierd bunch who are very in-your-face.

I don't like Robertson but in this case he's correct. The skit was not just the usual comical-mockery of someone, it was anti-christian and if they had done something like this with someone who was Muslim, all heck would be breaking out. (proof of that is in the riots over a simple cartoon of Muhamad having a bomb on his head).

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate
Amazingly racist.

Islam is a religion ... not a race.

I haven't seen a snooty holier-than-though atitude out of the guy. He's a christian and pro life. He's better mannered than his counterparts are - the far left hollywierd bunch who are very in-your-face.

I don't like Robertson but in this case he's correct. The skit was not just the usual comical-mockery of someone, it was anti-christian and if they had done something like this with someone who was Muslim, all heck would be breaking out. (proof of that is in the riots over a simple cartoon of Muhamad having a bomb on his head).

Remember when Sinead O'Conner tore up a picture of the pope on SNL?. That is a live show remember.

I remember back in the mid 70's, when Some Girls came out, the Stones played SNL. The current mayor, I think it was Koch, was in the front row, and Mick Jagger, on a few occaisions, made some pretty blatant sexual gestures directed to the mayor.

This show has never been one to care what the mild-mannered think about them.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Sounds to me like he is saying bodies on the street are ok. Why else bring it up?

Clearly Pat is saying that making fun of a person religion isn't acceptable, and suggesting that violence is a proper response. I don't see how anyone could pretend this is not what he is calling for.

Something tells me you didn't do too well on the SAT reading comprehension section. You are obviously allowing your hatred for Christianity to filter everything you see or hear.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Ok now to get to the bottom of your mis-interpretation of what you read, from your own link.

“There’s an anti-Christian bigotry that is just disgusting and I think Saturday Night Live did a parody of that, had Jesus come in,” Robertson said.

Now comes the part still from your link where you got it all wrong.

Robertson even went on to suggest that if SNL had done a similar parody mocking Muslims, there would be “bodies on the street.”

Nowhere in there is Mr. Robertson calling for bodies in the street for Christianity, he's saying that if snl did that against muslums then there would be bodies in the street, and I'm willing to bet he'd be 100% right on that, their would be threats against the lives of the shows writers, ect. But since most Christians aren't wired to flip out any time some says anything bad about Christ it's safe to target them for these tasteless skits.

“If this had been a Muslim country and they had done that, and had Muhammad doing that stuff, you would have found bombs being thrown off!”
“And bodies on the street!” interjected co-anchor Terry Meeuwsen. “And bodies on the street!” Robertson repeated. “And we think it’s okay.”

Your bias made you blind to the actual quote.

edit on 21-12-2011 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2011 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CharonIncarnate

AS one leading expert on Islam asserted a few years ago on C2C . . . 13 of his high ranking Muslim sources all around the world

ALL

INSISTED . . . he was incredulous--they insisted one at a time to him that 70% of Muslims support violent Jihad to one degree or another.

Of course that's NOT 100%

It's also NOT 2%.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I think this is the sort of perspective and attitude that Pat was commenting on.

1. The degree of factual awareness and perspective is grossly lacking in the above sentence.

2. There's not a shred of evidence that Muslims play nice EXCEPT to gain advantage over non-muslims WHEN the Muslims are in the minority and CANNOT AFFORD TO BE compliant with the Koran's 109+ exhortations to violently attack/exterminate the NonMuslims. Their founding documents exhort them to LIE in behalf of Islam.

3. There's not much evidence that Muslims respect Christians for playing nice, mutual respect or anything else UNLESS AND UNTIL Christians become Muslim. Respect of Muslims by Christians is usually considered wimpy to foolish to wonderfully suicidal (from the Muslim perspective about Christians) by a huge percentage of Muslims.

Obviously you are grossly unaware of the character, personality and values of Tebow. He's probably one of the least 'holier-than-thou' about anything of all the people on all the football fields of the Nation. You owe him an apology. Holier than thou is probably more offensive to Tebow than it is to you because it strikes hypocrisy to the core of all he believes and lives his life for.

Essentially you seem to be saying that it's grand for Muslims to display and assert their Muslim-ness . . . ditto Hindu's, satanists, atheists, Buddhists, etc.

BUT WHEN Tebow does it--HE'S AUTOMATICALLY 'holier-than-thou.'

What rank hypocrisy and double standard hideousness.

Which is what Pat was commenting on.

edit on 21/12/2011 by BO XIAN because: trying to get quote parameters right

edit on 21/12/2011 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

. . . didn't do too well on the SAT reading comprehension section. You are obviously allowing your hatred for Christianity to filter everything you see or hear.

!BINGO!

[align=center]
[/align]

Christians are chronically accused of hate and blindness on ATS.

When the facts are MUCH MORE the case that they are the TARGETS of hate and blindness on ATS and elsewhere.

. . .

edit on 21/12/2011 by BO XIAN because: TRYING to work centering out

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Wow, it is so obvious he is repeating the same things over and over to elicit a negative response from everyone. You can go back and forth with someone who is not changing their beliefs until you are blue in the face... nothing changes.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthOej

When it comes to making fun of or even depicting Muhammad, it seems to be off limits. Trey Parker and Mat Stone received thinly veiled death threats because they were going to show Muhammad in an episode of South Park. When Jyllands-Posten published those cartoons, practically all of the Middle East was in an uproar. Letter bombs, the burning and bombing of embassies, and people were killed.

In other words, they demonstrate that they have no respect for our culture. Those actions make me want to push for closing all ties with people who think they have a right to threaten someones life for a comedy skit. Send them all back to the desert.

I could care less about Pat Robertson, until he starts to suggest that Christians in the U.S. should react the same way as Muslims, and that is what I hear him saying.

It sounds like a mob shake down to me.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Flint2011

Enjoy the freedom of expression and speech I say

Aye, but don't forget that freedom was won through hard fought battles. People gave their lives for our ability to express our opinion.

When some televangelist starts putting down our right to express our opinion about other peoples religion, and then talks about other groups who "you would have found bombs being thrown off!”, thats a veiled threat against our freedom of speech.

Lets not allow Muslim protesters to bring back heresy laws in the name of political correctness.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Can you create a post without pointless gifs and other image files?

It shows that you have a very weak argument when you illustrate your "point" with pictures.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join