It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson Blasts SNL Tebow Skit: ‘There’s an Anti-Christian Bigotry‘ That’s ‘Disgustin

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Or for crying out loud, there was another thread that showed an old grouchy goat who was cast as an atheist, but that was wrong, it was Robertson! May he be hurried off to the great grumpy heaven in the sky, so he can continue to piss on others parades.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by TXTriker

Pat didn't need to repeat violent Muslim actions to complain about what he perceives as unfair criticism of Christianity.

That is where things went wrong.

No he didn't need to but, doing so does not advocate violence. It points out that it might happen but does not advocate it.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

I am using the words Pat said, and pointing out how they can be interpreted.

No where did I falsely quote Pat.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TXTriker

Kind of like a mobster on a shake down.

The phrase "some people might take offense and react violently, if you know what I mean" comes to mind.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Wellllll that's the first encouraging thing I've read of yours on this thread.

Thanks.

Hope springs eternal.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Daedal

Uhhhh...if I remember correctly, your *original* title claimed, loud and clear, PAT ROBERTSON CALLS FOR SHARIA LAW.

That is a direct quote from you. Nowhere did Pat Robertson say any such thing. So, you most certainly DID falsely quote him.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Daedal

No but you falsely quoted me as can be seen on page six...and your subject title should be a violation of ATS...Deny Ignorance...

The END of hate Speech
edit on 20-12-2011 by Daedal because: Added source

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

As if this isn't a personal attack.

goes to show the dynamic of your character IMO]

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBit111
Being a christian is frowned upon and we deal with enough crud without people freaking out over people saying what they believe. If Pat really said bad things, well then i understand being upset. But he didn't. Not even close. Things like this infuriate me! This world can't get much worse. God is probably so disgusted with us.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

Thanks for your encouraging reality testing! LOL.

Sadly, we know that things will get MUCH WORSE. Frightful.

Except that we know in Whom we have believed and are persuaded that He IS ABLE to keep that which we have committed to Him against that day.

Have a good rest.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

I quoted what you were defending, and stated such.

You are deflecting and trying to drag the thread off topic.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

At least you admit the wrong things were implied.

NOT AT ALL.

READING VERY WRONG AND INACCURATE things INTO SOMEONE'S ASSERTIONS IS

NOT

THE SAME THING as implying wrong things! Sheesh.

For some folks, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

For others, obviously,

stinky poo evil is obviously stuck in THEIR eyes regardless of the saintliness they are gazing at.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Daedal

As if this isn't a personal attack.

goes to show the dynamic of your character IMO]

I'm sorry you have made yourself out to be that way, by falsley accusing then generating fictious evidence to try an depict me as having said such...

I have no more to say...
edit on 20-12-2011 by Daedal because: Done

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Wasn't a quote, and wasn't posted as a quote. Actual quotes were posted in the body as my reason for making this claim.

It sounded like a shake down to me.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

I'm sorry you can't stay on topic, choosing instead to make comments about my character.

The facts are there for those who want to trace the comments back.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Some people have no sense of humor.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I expect nothing less of these Jewish religious extreme views. Considering the cast and crew are almost entirely Jewish. Imagine if....just if, there was a skit that made fun of Hanukkah or poked fun at a rabbi. AIPAC, ADL, JDL, Israel and every other Jewish coalition in the world would, cry antisemitism, until everybody's ears bled.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

reply to post by Destinyone

Now, I am sorry, but he was not bringing it up and suggesting it was a reasonable response. No matter how badly you want that to be the case. He was trying to understand why Christians are not upset about the skit. Nothing more. Nothing less.

edit on 20-12-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

Its interesting how you can explain the same thing in numerous ways.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Im not a Christian, and to do not care much for Pat Robertson and his views, but any sane person has to concede that he may be right about this.

Watch some episodes of Family Guy or South Park and see how many times they make fun of Jesus. One episode of Family Guy has Jesus getting drunk and partying with strippers, and another shows clips of him running around fighting and shooting people. Some people dont like it, but it is allowed.

When it comes to making fun of or even depicting Muhammad, it seems to be off limits. Trey Parker and Mat Stone received thinly veiled death threats because they were going to show Muhammad in an episode of South Park. When Jyllands-Posten published those cartoons, practically all of the Middle East was in an uproar. Letter bombs, the burning and bombing of embassies, and people were killed.

I think Pat was just trying to point out the blatant double standard that exists. One that a neutral observer such as myself can see. OP, I think your contempt for the man is leading you to create a controversy that isn't there.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Ok, i agree that the skit was tasteless..

But there's a reason we don't react like some muslims do over their prophet being used on tv or in skits, it's because we are in America, land of the formally free.

They have the right to do any sort of skit they want to.

Their consequences are that of public reaction, not being killed.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Just what we need, Tim Tebow-Mania spilling over to ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join