It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson Blasts SNL Tebow Skit: ‘There’s an Anti-Christian Bigotry‘ That’s ‘Disgustin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Wow, this lets you know how wacko the religious branch of U.S. conservatism really is.

news.yahoo.com...

“If this had been a Muslim country and they had done that, and had Muhammad doing that stuff, you would have found bombs being thrown off!”

“And bodies on the street!” interjected co-anchor Terry Meeuwsen. “And bodies on the street!” Robertson repeated. “And we think it’s okay.”

We have our own religious nut case calling for a slaughter of the infidels.

And large numbers of people send this guy money all of the time, tax free income.

edit on 20-12-2011 by poet1b because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/20/2011 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--BPN requires using EXACT headline.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I don't get any of that from the link you posted. Did you link the wrong article?? Pat said if the SNL skit had made fun of Islam in that manner Islamists would have rioted in the streets and beat up Christians and burned the US flag. But since it was Christianity it was A-OK.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The title of your thread is not anywhere in the source you provided....completely misleading.

link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Wow, this lets you know how wacko the religious branch of U.S. conservatism really is.

news.yahoo.com...

“If this had been a Muslim country and they had done that, and had Muhammad doing that stuff, you would have found bombs being thrown off!”

“And bodies on the street!” interjected co-anchor Terry Meeuwsen. “And bodies on the street!” Robertson repeated. “And we think it’s okay.”

We have our own religious nut case calling for a slaughter of the infidels.

And large numbers of people send this guy money all of the time, tax free income.

edit on 20-12-2011 by poet1b because: (no reason given)

You title, "Pat Robertson calls for Sharia law" is misleading. Where in this clip does he call for Sharia law? Please explain.

link   
I am no Robertson supporter but that is not what he said. He said we(Christians) think it is ok for SNL to make fun of Jesus but if it were Mohammad the Muslims would respond violently

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Agree with the others who have mentioned it.. I am no Pat Robertson fan, and especially not a fan of our new age of war-mongering in the name of so-called "Christianity", but you got this one wrong.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
While I agree Pat Robertson is a whack-job, your title is completely misleading and the section you quoted from the article is out of context.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Sounds to me like he is saying bodies on the street are ok. Why else bring it up?

Clearly Pat is saying that making fun of a person religion isn't acceptable, and suggesting that violence is a proper response. I don't see how anyone could pretend this is not what he is calling for.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Violence is a broad term, and I think most would agree that extreme fundamentalist "Christians" are calling for it...However, what does this specifically have to do with Sharia law? Change your title..
edit on 20-12-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Sounds to me like he is saying bodies on the street are ok. Why else bring it up?

Clearly Pat is saying that making fun of a person religion isn't acceptable, and suggesting that violence is a proper response. I don't see how anyone could pretend this is not what he is calling for.

I'll probably get in trouble for this....but...methinks you need some spinach for the brain.

How many people above your post explained it to you. You are *creating* a quote that doesn't exist. Then using your *created* quote as a thread title...
edit on 20-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Sharia law calls for fighting those who oppose ones religion, and that is what Pat calls for here.

Pat thinks it is wrong that we should be able to make fun of peoples religious beliefs, and acts if the Muslim response is more correct, in their following of Sharia law.

That is what he is saying.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
On one hand, your comparing a man that even the far right considers a bit extremist in the best of times to other right leaning Christians. That is where I see the first BIG blunder.

Second... This goofball has said some outright nutty things over the years, but I can't seem to find where even HE has gone so far into Crazy Town as to say what your title attributes to him. We could all be wrong..and I'll eat my words here if you come back to supply a quote on it..but as it looks? Oops.. Thread Fail.

*Added*
Okay, You posted the one above me within seconds of mine here..so an addendum seems better than a new reply. Alright, Pat doesn't think seeing religions being picked on is cool. As it happens, I'll agree with him on THAT narrow point. It is uncool, indeed. If that is the sole basis for saying he calls for Sharia Law, I'll also amend my above Fail to be EPIC FAIL.

There is so much more to Sharia than single minded following of the one core Faith to find fault and objection to, it's absurd to compare based on JUST that one aspect. It's almost a given and secondary issue to the rest of what makes Sharia different from Judeo Christian legal principles. Interesting thread...if only to show how far out of context something can be taken.

edit on 20-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: amended comment..

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

You can babble all you want about Sharia law...it doesn't change the fact that you are wrong. You are deliberately telling a fib....we're not buying it.

You keep trying to pump life into your dead wrongness to stir a pot....can't you see it's not working.

edit on 20-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Lol, well it calls for that and a whole lot more... (not that I'm defending it) The term was never even brought up. "Pat Robertson calls for violence" would be much more fitting, don't you agree?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

And you can pretend all you want that Pat doesn't call a major part of sharia law more correct than our own laws, but that is what he did.

Bodies on the street for making fun of ones religious beliefs. That is crazy talk.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

IF that is what you got out of it, honestly, then fine. But if you are just biased, you should probably know that you don't have to convince many that Robertson has spouted crazy talk on more than one occasion. That being said, I think the majority is correct here in their interpretation.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Pat clearly gives a nod to how the Muslims deal with people making fun of religion.

That is embracing a part of Sharia law.

A snapshot inside the man's mind if you ask me. I wonder if he approves of the hijab.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Bodies on the street is the "only" thing you got out of that, and Pat wants sharia law?

Your apology is accepted.

Shameful!
edit on 20-12-2011 by syrinx2112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx2112

Just putting two and two together.

Clearly the association was made, pretend all you want.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This is the same so called "Christian" who said that the United States should murder Chavez.

How very Christianly of him.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join