It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson Blasts SNL Tebow Skit: ‘There’s an Anti-Christian Bigotry‘ That’s ‘Disgustin

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

IF you are saying that Pat would likely advocate that Christians stand up and defend themselves rather than be mowed down like defenseless sheep--that might be somewhat accurate. I don't think he's a pacifist.

IF you are saying that Pat would likely advocate that Christians resist the Anti-Christ . . . that MIGHT be somewhat correct.

However, even on those scores, I believe that Pat would MORE LIKELY be expecting God Almighty's Angel forces to do the warfare bit.

He is a firm believer that:

THE WEAPONS OF OUR WARFARE ARE *NOT* CARNAL--that is--not tangible guns etc.

but instead

ARE PRAYER AND FASTING.

And, he's a firm believer that THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD.

If you are saying that PRAYER AND FASTING are violently aggressive and blood-thirsty actions on the part of Christians, then I'd encourage you to toss your DAFFYNITIONARY and get a real dictionary.

Certainly prayer and fasting are powerful in the spiritual realm and the tangible realm. However, they impacts they have on the tangible realm involve Angelic forces and Holy Spirit effecting the impacts--NOT THE Christians doing the praying.
. .

edit on 21/12/2011 by BO XIAN because: An addition

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I am Muslim and I think you are way off the reservation here, I dont necessarily know much about Pat but he did not say he condoned nor thinks there should be a Cristian version of Sharia law.

You are trying to instigate discrimination and start a fight in my opinion, shame be upon you...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper8541

I am trying to point out that violence is not an acceptable response to perceived religious criticism.

Not by any group.

Do you know how much division those who send out death threats for perceived religious criticism create?

Tolerance is the answer. Criticize those whose opinion with whom you disagree, but do not send out death threats and react violently.

I am trying to break down the barriers between cultures, while Pat and others seem to want to build more barriers.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Alright i'm not sure if some people in this thread are actually serious or trying to troll. If you honestly believe that Robinson is inciting violence from his statement then all hope is lost. Not only does he make a credible statement, he is actually correct. On a daily basis how often is the Christian God made fun of? All the time. People can barely even celebrate their own Christian holidays without being belittled by others. There is an abundantly obvious double-standard when it comes to Muslims and Christians. He's right, if SNL made fun of Allah we would have some SERIOUS problems and I wouldn't doubt violence being incited. In fact, I believe the writers for SNL would never let a skit making fun of Allah air due to it being "offensive" or "ignorant" but if it's about Christianity - let the jokes fly!!

I've said this before and I'll say it again. ATS for some reason has little to no grasp on Christian culture as a whole. I was raised in a Christian family and went to a Christian high-school, and I can honestly tell everyone here that around 10% or maybe even a smaller amount of Christianity is comprised of the Bible Thumpers everyone thinks they are. Most are barely even practicing, or just say they are. They like to indulge in the holidays, rarely spend time reading the Bible or preaching it, and never attend church unless it is on Easter (this is the category I fall into.) When stories like this come up everyone points the finer and goes "OMgZ CraZy ChrIsTIAnS at It AgAIn!!!!!!" When they know nothing about who Christians actually are or what they practice.

Robertson takes a very literal approach to the Bible and is aggressive with his views - yes I myself think of him as an extremist but every now and then he makes some sense. He's right, our society contains no moral guidance and has no standards. I respect him for having such a strong view and standing firmly by it - this is a trait that society lacks tenfold nowadays especially in the youth culture. An example of Robertson being off his rocker is when he said Haiti's earthquake was caused by a "pact with the devil." That sure as hell takes away from his credibility.

Either way, everyone needs to hop off their bias of Christianity and look at the big picture. The bottom line is that when things like the SNL skit happen Christians turn the other cheek, the same could not be said if this happened to the Muslim culture. Does anybody remember the outrage over a simple political cartoon? I do.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Here's all I have to say about this subject...

Refresher on the Religion of Peace

South Park Censored

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Tolerance is the answer. Criticize those whose opinion with whom you disagree, but do not send out death threats and react violently.

I am trying to break down the barriers between cultures, while Pat and others seem to want to build more barriers.

Really? That's not the stance you had in the original post....

Originally posted by poet1b
Wow, this lets you know how wacko the religious branch of U.S. conservatism really is.

We have our own religious nut case calling for a slaughter of the infidels.

And large numbers of people send this guy money all of the time, tax free income.

Sounds like either someone is posting under your account, or you're full of crap. You first try and equate someone pointing out that the SNL skit wouldn't fly in a Muslim country, if it was about Islam as "calling for slaughter of infidels", then you preach "tolerance" Wow...amazing.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Dang man. That's some crazy stuff. Star for you.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

Please prove it.

I've never heard such a thing.

I believe he rightly believes that the critters are fallen angels, as I do.

----------------------------------------------------

OK, I found this at your link:

================================

'If there is found among you, within any of your gates which the Lord your God gives you, a man or a woman who has been wicked in the sight of the Lord your God, in transgressing His covenant, who has gone and served other gods and worshipped them, either the sun or moon or any of the hosts of heaven which I have not commanded you, and you hear of it, then you shall inquire diligently. And if it is indeed true and certain that such an abomination has been committed in Israel, then you shall bring out to your gates that man or woman who has committed that wicked thing, and stone to death that man or woman with stones.' (Deuteronomy 17:2-5, NKJV)

"Now, that's what Moses said to the children of Israel about those who worship the sun and the moon and the hosts of heaven, because these things, at best, are lifeless nothings, or, if they are intelligent, they're demonic. And, yes, there is a host of heaven. There are angels and there are fallen angels. There is no question about it.

"Can a demon appear as a slanty-eyed, funny-looking creature? Of course he can, or it can. Of course they can deceive people. And if they can lead somebody away from the true God, or away from Jesus Christ, anyway it happens, it doesn't matter, you will lose your salvation. It doesn't matter how they get you. The question is, did they get you, and under what guise?

So, it would seem that you are right or at least partly right.

However, I don't see him expecting to have Christians start stoning such people. I think sometimes he enjoys saying startling things like that--perhaps to create a controversy and thereby get more people to discuss the topic he feels strongly about and the options he throws out there and why.
edit on 21/12/2011 by BO XIAN because: an addition.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberLegit

So you think the Muslims have the right answer?

Should Christians put out death threats and bombs and such, cause that seems to be your message.

Christianity isn't the only religion made fun of, not by a long shot.

I'm a Christian too, and I thought the way Jesus was portrayed on SNL was the kind of Jesus I prefer to believe in, and most people in the U.S. have excellent morals. Maybe you live in the wrong country, being that the rest of us and our kids are so immoral.

Personally, I don't think you or Pat have a clue as to what it means to be a Christian, and your eagerness to judge proves just that.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Pat Robertson is a horrible Christian. Why should I care what he thinks?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I'm not calling for violence the way Pat was.

I didn't bring up the example of bombing people as a reaction to criticism.

I didn't suggest bombs, Pat did, I just pointed out what he was doing, and that it is wrong?

In communist China, they send people like Pat to a forced labor camp.

edit on 21-12-2011 by poet1b because: correct punctuation

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Isn't it funny how it is always the conservatives fault in a poet1b thread.

Do some consider the skit anti-christian? Sure, but that is how the game is played, give and take.....but I would LOVE to see the reaction if it was Islam being made fun of. I am sure the outrage would be greater then the fist of an angry god.
edit on 21-12-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I figured out a long time ago that Pat Robertson is not a true Christian. He is a huckster performing for money.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Search poet1b Islam, I criticize Islam all the time. I'm just trying to create a little balance here.

It's not the conservatives fault all the time, just most of the time these days.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

You think he suggested bombings?
How, by stating that Muslims would have, and then he goes on to say what a good man Tebow is? Sorry, but you're stretching what he said to try and make Christians into "radicals" like the idiots in who worship Islam, and blow crap up ALL THE TIME!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

In regards to the way the American media portrays Christians, yes I remember when it started actually, many years ago I would cringe when a joke about Christ was told on TV or in a movie, it now has become obvious to me this was done purposely by the film and TV industry to discredit Christians.

Yes, I am sick of it, and I aint even a good Christian.

Oh and now we have the internet.

edit on 113131p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

you're stretching what he said to try and make Christians into "radicals" like the idiots in who worship Islam, and blow crap up ALL THE TIME!!!

No, I am pointing out that Pat is a radical, like the idiots who are Islamic radicals who think killing people because they criticize Islam is acceptable. Pat puts out this slightly disguised attempt to muscle SNL, and I am pointing it out.

And for the umpteenth time, Pat is a pretend Christian. He is far more pharisees and scribe than he is Christian.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

No, I am pointing out that Pat is a radical, like the idiots who are Islamic radicals who think killing people because they criticize Islam is acceptable.

NO he is not a radical, Poet.

Come on poet,

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

ACTUALLY, you are wrong.

Pat lives quite comfortably off his own considerable investments.

And, he gives a lot of his own money to Operation Blessing.

And, he insures that Operation Blessing that reaches many thousands of hurting, suffering, hungry etc. even in Muslim countries--he insures that Operation Blessing funds received 100% REACH THE NEEDY.

Not a penney donated to Operation Blessing goes to overhead. CBN covers the overhead.

The Bible declares in James 1:27:

New International Version (©1984)
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Pat is quite RELIGIOUS about those priorities. I'm confident he's looked after more orphans and widows in the world through Operation Blessing than all ATSers put together. And he's donated a considerable percentage above 10% of his own income to such efforts.

I think you owe him an apology.

He's one of the more authentic world renowned Christians on TV.

He walks the talk way above average.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join