It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson Blasts SNL Tebow Skit: ‘There’s an Anti-Christian Bigotry‘ That’s ‘Disgustin

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Oh boy, this gets even weirder.

Trust me, you wouldn't know far-left anything if it hit you smack dab in the face.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

that is what I hear him saying.

THAT'S the problem.

The 'hearing' between your ears is greatly out of whack in this matter.

He was NOT saying that.

IF ATSer's slapped you down hard and insisted you didn't have a right to express your convictions and beliefs and INSISTED that you had to shut up and go away . . .

I suspect you'd have a fairly strong reaction to that.

Pat is saying that the MSM etc. etc. etc. AND MUSLIMS have been treating Christians THAT WAY

for decades.

AND

that Christians have kept silent, been wimps, walked away, etc. USUALLY WITHOUT RESPONDING

AT ALL

. . . much less ASSERTIVELY--with backbone instead of acting like tongue-tied wimps.

If your vocabulary is anemic . . . you may not comprehend sufficiently

the well understood

DIFFERENCE

BETWEEN

ASSERTIVE VS AGGRESSIVE.

There's not an aggressive bone in Pat's body EXCEPT

IN BEHALF OF THE TRUTH--TRUTH PERIOD--BUT PARTICULARLY THE CHRISTIAN UNDERSTANDING OF TRUTH. Otherwise, he'd be something other than Christian. Doh.

He is merely expressing frustrated incredulity that Christians have allowed Muslims AND THE MSM and secular-'humanist'-religion-of-scientism culture to

SILENCE THEIR RIGHT TO ASSERT THEIR OWN CONVICTIONS AND BELIEFS

. . . as has been the (now Marxist) globalist satanic world ruling cabal's plan for many many decades--100's of years, actually.

IF you are too stubborn or too thick-headed to realize that from what Pat said, then I don't see any hope whatsoever that anyone on here can have the least degree of a meaningful dialogue with you.

It appears to me and evidently others that you have slipped and slid around interminably from having your outrageous initial title removed to other rationalized excuses to doggedly and irrationally spout your inaccuracies about what Pat was really saying.

You have been repeatedly corrected by quite a group--documenting that your reality testing about Pat is totally off the wall.

Yet, you cling doggedly to your fantasy that he was calling for violence--evidently in order to continue your anti-Christian rant habits against and excellent honorable Christian whose done more to prevent and heal from violence as well as to feed the hungry and give water wells to communities . . . than 100 of you's would do in your lifetime.

You're simply !WRONG!

You were outrageously wrong with your idiotic and inaccurately assaultive initial title.

You've been outrageously wrong in virtually all your off the wall assertions since then.

You are still outrageously wrong.

Thankfully, it's obvious enough that rational folks are not giving your brazenly incomprehending diatribes and rants against Pat much credt at all.

As someone said upthread . . . most folks realize at some point that it's wise to

STOP DIGGING.

Evidently you are missing that chip or sub-routine.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by aardvark888

not all that sincere.

I'm a bit skeptical on that score. He may be having fun and somewhat have his fingers in cheek.

However, He's seemingly FIERCELY HOSTILE TO CHRISTIANITY up one side and down the other on thread after thread after thread on ATS.

This thread is quite congruent with his stance on a long list of threads.

If he's not sincere in his FIERCE HOSTILITY against Christianity and Christians, he sure plays the role well.

It seems to be very intensely HIS DEFAULT PERSPECTIVE, emotionality, posting reflex.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'd sooner believe that pat robertson was the anti christ in disguise than he was a true beacon of the christian teachings.

Teebow can do whatever he wants and I don't think anyone should really care but if I had to have an opinion on it I would say taking a knee over football is not what I would consider to be core christian belief.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I'm not hostile to Christians.

I am hostile to the enemies of free speech.

I know what Pat said, and I know what he meant. And after a nights sleep, I am even more certain, and all you haters can say what you want.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

When some televangelist starts putting down our right to express our opinion about other peoples religion, and then talks about other groups who "you would have found bombs being thrown off!”, thats a veiled threat against our freedom of speech.

What

UNMITIGATED FARCICAL BALDERDASH!

WHAT HOGWASH!

Pat has an intense life-long DEMONSTRATED enormous respect and support for the right of all individuals to express their opinions. His broadcasting history shows that.

What a classic example of wholesale ignorance of the topic! Sheesh.

He has more respect for individuals' freedom to express themselves than the Marxist in the Whitehouse does . . . who wants to imprison folks without trial . . . merely for talking against him.

Why do we not read your protests and outrage against Homeland Securities efforts to squelch dissent???

Oh, right, Homeland Security is hostile toward the same folks you are so hostile against--CHRISTIANS.

Yet again, you are

WHOLESALE THOROUGHLY 100%

!WRONG!

However, please DON'T stop digging. This is getting sooooooooo absurd as to almost be entertaining.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I know what Pat said, and I know what he meant.

NO.

You obviously don't.

Your mind reading class tuition should be refunded.

You don't seem to have even as much as a 0.00000000000001% clue about Pat Robertson.

And certainly NOT about his motives about much of anything--PARTICULARLY ABOUT FREE SPEECH.

However, please do keep digging. The absurdity is wonderously deeping.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Sounds like a message you hear a lot, perhaps from someone close to you?

I understand, you are devoted to Pat, but Pat does not represent Christianity to most people. In fact, most people see Pat as a pretend Christian.

Because Pat says things that sound like a mob shakedown.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Isn't what Pat said true? You honestly do not think that if this were a Muslim nation people would not be ready for a fight if people made such a remark on Allah?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
You misinterpret his quote horribly. Hes saying that if this was making fun of Islam, in an Islamic country, people would be dying right now. And unfortunately, that is 100% true.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

NO clue where you get any of that from what I just said but it's evidence of how far people will go over what some think is nothing versus what some think is serious.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OhioCryptids

yeah, and it still sounds like a veiled threat to me.

“If this had been a Muslim country and they had done that, and had Muhammad doing that stuff, you would have found bombs being thrown off!”

Know what I mean? Capice?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

Yet, you cling doggedly to your fantasy that he was calling for violence--evidently in order to continue your anti-Christian rant habits against and excellent honorable Christian whose done more to prevent and heal from violence as well as to feed the hungry and give water wells to communities . . . than 100 of you's would do in your lifetime.

If Christian people work together, they can succeed during this decade in winning back control of the institutions that have been taken from them over the past 70 years. Expect confrontations that will be not only unpleasant but at times physically bloody....

Pat Robertson, Pat Robertson's Perspective Oct-Nov 1992

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that it is fun to take the p*ss out of anyone. Especially Jesus and Mohamed.

I hate those jerks. Jesus more than likely didn't exist (if he did he was a madman) and mo was nothing more than a pedobear that claimed he could fly on a magical horse. Biggest germs of a somewhat fictional history.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

Do you REALLY think that Christians standing up for their right to exist and express themselves in an increasingly Muslim !CONTROLLED! world

would

NOT

entail bloodshed?

Even if all Christians did was capitulate but refuse to convert--there would STILL be massive bloodshed--as they were beheaded one by one.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by izero

What pseudo-Christian . . .

--slapped you?
--called you names?
--made funny faces at you?
--excluded you from their group?
--castrated or attempted to castrate you?
--stole your girl?
--raped your sister?
--killed your parents?
--stole your job?
--insulted you?
-- . . .

i.e. where's all this intense angst toward a BELIEF SYSTEM coming from?

WHO instilled it, triggered it way back when and how?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by izero

BTW, the issue of Christ's existence as a living historical figure is indisputable by any fair-minded extensive quality research effort, researcher.

Noise to the contrary is absurd to the max.

Josh McDowell's NEW EVIDENCE THAT DEMANDS A VERDICT is a good resource on such matters.

Muhammed, yeah, the record on him is pretty clear as well . . . and pedophilia was part of that . . . along with blood thirsty war-mongering conquest, greed, tyrannical control etc.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

reply to post by izero

What pseudo-Christian . . .

--slapped you?
--called you names?
--made funny faces at you?
--excluded you from their group?
--castrated or attempted to castrate you?
--stole your girl?
--raped your sister?
--killed your parents?
--stole your job?
--insulted you?
-- . . .

i.e. where's all this intense angst toward a BELIEF SYSTEM coming from?

WHO instilled it, triggered it way back when and how?

What happens if he checks all of the above

I too, asked him last night, why is he so angry. Angry to the point that, reason does not register with him. I think he actually enjoys playing the victim here. It increases the adrenaline in his system, he gets a rush from it.

An adrenaline junky will continue to beat a dead horse, if he/she thinks they will get even one more tiny fix from it.

OT...Pat Robertson did not advocate violence. but, it seems you are?
edit on 21-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Do you REALLY think that Christians standing up for their right to exist and express themselves in an increasingly Muslim !CONTROLLED! world

would

NOT

entail bloodshed?

Except he wasn't talking about Muslims. He was talking about people that he claimed had taken over U.S. institutions. In other words, other Americans ---many of them also Christians that he didn't agree with.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

!WRONG!

Any fair-minded person researching or merely watching Pat over a significant period of time would

KNOW

that such an assertion would be

EXTREMELY FAR

FROM

Pat's:

--values,
--lifestyle;
--goals;
--preferences;
--ways of being in the world;
--choices;
--behaviors;
--what he does with his money;
--what he does with his time;
--what he writes;
--what he speaks about;
--how he directs his organizations;
--his help of Muslims
--his help of every other religion and value orientation poor, suffering, hungry.

Your off the wall allegation is incongruent with all the best known and little known facts about Pat.

And, it is inconsistent with the Pat my loved ones experienced as they worked around him.

Your mind/spirit/heart reading of Pat is utterly false, inaccurate, !WRONG!

Maybe you could still get your money back for the mind-reading class.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join