It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking for members opinions...Do you think the Coverup of existance of E.T. to be good or bad?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
There is a lot of stuff the Governments of the world tend to cover up, this is just another one in the long line of pure and utter waffle that TPTB have been spoon feeding us over the past 70 years or so, and as for all you lot out there that say, "no they dont, your paranoid" what about the ex-US president that witnessed a UFO and the public was told was swamp gas reflecting of venus, I am pretty sure when they used that excuse at one time or another they got well and truly stumped as venus apparently was not in the sky at the time of said reflection of swamp gas offa said planet!!! (I could be wrong, but I'm sure I am right)

edit on 18-12-2011 by DARREN1976 because: spelling...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

He / She , asked for my opinion , i beleive there is no alien cover up ..... the cover up that you are all catching on to is infact THE cover up of all cover ups, religion , and its kept mankind in a sun worshipping daze whilst the descendants of the liars live like kings , infact they invented positions like - king - and the only way they can do it is by limiting information so us commoners stay dumb , and filling our empty heads with lies and stories about magic men in the sky.

These nutters that think were entering an age of "enlightenment" , and everyone is going to "wake up" ........ even though theyre talking about riding unicorns and looking at trippy colours , i think theyre right by saying everyone will wake up ...... look at how childish and clumsy our world leaders are these days , somethings going to give , when it does , even the idiots will put down their crayons and stand shoulder to shoulder.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
It's bad because it has kept us from advancing our public technology to the point where we could have a much higher population without having any impact on the biosphere. It would raise everyone's standard of living, lower the mortality rate and give mankind a chance at true peace and prosperity.

I don't completely buy into the whole evil aspect of it either. I believe there is evil on an individual and group level among people but I don't think evil rules the universe so I don't buy into the fear paradigm. The evil ones are the humans who have access to alien technology and keep it for themselves.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I have been doing a bit of thinking Split since my last post, and I think the coverup/non_disclosure agenda is being perpetrated currently by both sides, and the prime reason for this is earths militiary is now in a position that it can begin using ET tehnology, where as 2000/200 years ago humans were not much of a threat, and had little use for optic fibre and the like.
The Militiary keep the lid on this because they want to get their lecherous hands on better tech. ET keeps the lid on this because of the Militiary. I believe that ET were more open with humanity many centuries ago when we were nol a threat. Non-Disclosure is bad, but necessary, and the militiary are entirely to blame.
More later.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Of course its bad being lied to by our goverments, military and the elite corperate giants.

Roswell was a big learning curve for the military regarding cover ups, the lower ranks stuffed up by releasing the news then had to do a quick turn around when the top brass realised the implications of what they had in hand.

Its my belief that the files of the above incident and a few others will never see the light of day if they have not been destroyed already.

You just cant admit to a 70 yr old lie without loosing face to the population of the world regarding this matter as it will open many other linked cans of worms.

edit on 18/12/11 by Bob Down Under because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
secrets are not healthy and not fair..

why should some Humans be allowed to know something while others are kept in the dark?

well that game is over, thank you God, thank YOU

watch and see...

ALL HIDDEN TRUTHS SHALL BE REVEALED

love & light

(^_*)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
I am trying to get an idea on how this group...ie...people who post on a E.T. and UFO board....thinks about this topic. I would like to see how many think the coverup is a good thing or a bad thing for the sake of Humanity and if so...why they believe so. Split Infinity

I don't think they're covering up anything. The excuse "to prepare mankind for meeting aliens" doesn't fly, since we've had stories (public, well known ones, including published books) since the time of Cyrano de Bergerac (a real person, for those who don't know.)

If you read through history, you find out just how hard it is to keep ANYTHING secret. So far, all the info has come from "leaks" and not Xyzzy from Planet Plugh walking up to the news cameras and saying hello to the whole world and delegations from Plugh meeting the UN.

Leaks of substance are ALWAYS consistent and always confirmed by other evidence. All those famous authors saying that they have secret knowledge and the government is after them -- they ALWAY attend well-advertised conferences to sell their books, own websites (with their addresses in the registration and pay by a means where they could be tracked down), and use their own names and have drivers' licenses.

Nope. Not buying it. I think there are aliens out there, but we haven't encountered any intelligent lifeforms from outside our solar system (or from any planet other than Earth) at this point.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
its all a little of both unfortunately, if you were visited/contacted but could not make any visitation or contacts yourself? it shows who is superior. Think of the panic if the govt released a statement saying "Aliens exist, theyre watching, speaking and visiting us, as of yet, we cant do any of the above..." Panic stations are go, everyone would question everything, why answer to your govt when theres beings that even your "Almighty govt" cant contact...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Of cause there is a cover up going on. As any inteligence people will inform you, the power is in the knowing. Where the opposition do not know. That premise is about ANYTHING. As for everyone who ever talks about sheeple remember this highly important phrase (this was relevant in the 1700, 1800, 1900 and even in the 2000) keep em ignorant easier to control them. That and only that is the NWO maxim. Whether they do it through secrecy or keeping the masses poor so they cannot afford an inteligent education. By that I mean making you believe that the education you recieve ie.to read, write and do sums is all the education you need. As for keeping the secret (so they believe) is it not better for them only to interact with the aliens because if the aliens could talk to anybody they might get a different mind set as what constitutes the human race. Why does everone assume just because they have interstellar travel that they are more inteligent than us.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I think its more complicated than just good or bad. There are probably three things that are the most important for consideration. One, discovery of aliens could shake or shatter the current religious systems of the world. IE we meet aliens that are a million years more advanced than us and the first thing they do is dispatch God. Or they tell us that the real god is a giant toaster oven 40 million light years away. Secondly, there might be a little bit of curiosity as to how they survived their technological adolescence, and if their answer threatens the current power structure, ie they scrapped the idea of government and ruled by consensus, TPTB are definitely going to want to keep a lid on that to maintain control and the illusion of supremacy. Lastly,suddenly being brought into the "cosmic internet" and all the fun technology they must possess might enable us to create even more destructive ways to kill one another. So we make contact, start getting their technology, and promptly destroy ourselves a few years early.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Whether it is they themselves that do the covering up, our governments, shadow organizations, or a combination of all of those (which is the most likely), Id say the most common thread in all of them is secrecy driven by

FEAR.

Irony always has its place, as that fear-based motivation towards secrecy will manifest itself in the minds of many when the truth does surface, otherwise known as a fear response. It's up to those of us that are the f-ing garbage crew to help all sides handle the information peacefully.

Thanks a lot suppressors, you're still loved, but I'm damn sure pissed, and excited.

Im pissing myself, I so excite.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
I find endless contrived questions, displaying a prejudice to the thought that the existance of ET's as a forgone conclusion, is tedious. What a waste of time and effort. Belief in ET's is a religious thing, nothing more. ET's have replaced God for the follower and believer of such tripe. To ask if a "coverup of existance" is "good or bad" without any proof of ET's very existance is at the height of religious faith not a foregone conclusion of reality.

I find that your logic...if it was based on a subject that has absolutely ZERO% chance of being a reality....would be sound....however....the possible existance of E.T. and a coverup as well as a possible coverup using E.T. as it's basis....has a huge amount of evidence and cannot be considered a ZERO% possibility.

In your mind....this is a waste of time....but you have proposed a theory involving both E.T. and Religion...thus...you have thought of this before....and have formed an opinion. The fact that your opinion has a greater than ZERO% probability or possibility....is in mathematical terms....a theorum that is disprovable as well as mathematicaly and logicly....unsound.

If....a....represents ZERO....as refering to existance of E.T......and....c....represents.00000001%....as it represents your theory of Belief of E.T. as a Religion.....then....b....represents the cumulative beliefs of people on the existance of some form a deity....which is greater than c.....a.....cannot have a ZERO% possibility or probability. It is just basic algebra.

You have assigned a value...no matter how small....to the possibility that E.T. EXISTING.....if not....then your concept would have ZERO% probability....which it does not. You have...by words and ideas....disproven your own statement. Split Infinity

Sorry...

Too many "if's, and's & but's" in your analysis to make it useful to anyone except maybe yourself.

Algebra has no use in this case. History will suffice. History tells me, " ETs ETs everywhere but none of them in sight."

You may find it odd that I would grant that indeed "greys" may actually exist. However that does not say that they are ETs. Even if a "grey" jumped up and down on it's hovering disk in the middle of Main street and claimed it was an ET, that would not provide any more evidence that it was an ET.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Whether there is a cover up or not is of no relevance,,, it does not change the truth, whatever that may be. PERCEPTION IS NOT REALITY! Reality is truth whether you know what that truth is or not.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

They've also lied so completely, for so long now that for those holding this tiger by the tail, there is NO way to let go anymore without being consumed by it and the anger it carries as it turns against them. That also bodes very poorly for disclosure that doesn't come by force and major civil changes/unrest, IMHO.

edit on 17-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

I would have to agree with you on the lies. But the question is no longer are they there but what are they. The ones in power know what they are. We have all been asking the wrong questions. I myself am not completely sure that the E.T. idea is the best answer for what people have been seeing and experiencing around the world. Most countries already say that the phenom is real and documents have been released showing this. Our country still seems to be the only one saying there's no such animal as space aliens. What if this is not a lie and what we have here is a contact with remnants of a previous civilization from right here on earth. The ancient texts all speak of a civilization before us in the ancient past.
edit on 18-12-2011 by UFObuilder1 because: accidently posted before I was finished typing. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Or proove religion, ie. aliens are simply fallen angels which have been kicked out of heaven and work for Lucifer who has been given dominion over the air. Another thing, if an alien tells you something, why would you believe it? Do you think aliens are innately good and truthfull? Maybe they are the dumbass evil cousins of beings from far off, who have been kicked out of there solar system for being liars and rapists and human sacrificers! Most ancient civilizations which have histories of aliens visiting also have a history of human child sacrifice!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The 1952 Washington Sightings (AKA The Washington National Sightings) was great,one truly rare aspect of the sightings was the objects were tracked by 3 different ground radars simultaneously and visual sightings from the towers at Andrews AFB, Washington National and Baltimore/Washington International. All 3 airports were tracking the objects and all were in communication with the other towers. One object was tracked by radar flying at an amazing 7,000 mph, no military aircraft in 1952 could fly at mach 1 let alone an estimated mach 9.

Truly one of the best and well documented sightings of all time.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I believe the reason extraterrestrial life has been denied for so long by governments of the world has more to do with the concept that those governments would lose power if people knew the truth about their origins. If more people knew the reason we are so unique among other life on Earth, they would likely discontinue many of the destructive and illogical behaviors that allow world governments to control the masses with disinformation. For example, Ronald Reagan gave a famous speech to the UN where he hinted that there may be an extraterrestrial threat to the United States (likely justifying his dream to build a vast arsenal in space). Found here:
www.youtube.com...
But this conclusion is nonsense, for if an advanced extraterrestrial race was able to travel thousands of light years to reach Earth, they certainly would have the technological capabilities to have destroyed us already. More likely, they prefer peace (as we would imagine in an advanced species), but world leaders for as long as time has been recorded have used unsupportable fears to control the governed notwithstanding the limited power this tactic has in the long run. This is the reason new threats are continually being developed by leaders.
So too, governments of the world desire to keep people enslaved by their illogical belief systems built upon fear, whether that be the fear of a distant threat or the fear of hell. If people understood they need not rely on fear, they would be free and would be impossible to control. As corny as it sounds, the truth about extraterrestrials would set us free.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I think the et's want it this way and may have warned the govts from
disclosing their presence, so that they can move about ananymously
going about their agenda.
IMO not all species are friendly.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well if said is true and other lifeforms are telepathic, I can't help but imagine that they wouldn't like it much around here anyway. Where something unkown happens to average man it could trigger fear or anxiety or hate. Now look at it from the telepaths stand-point-of-view.

If a large fleet would appear around the world to the skies, and it would trigger much fear, it would be like a pushing force to those telepathic beings.

No wonder we don't see them on a large scale. But maybe when the conditions are right and we get to be pacified/informed a bit longer.

I din't enjoy my myself reading average people. Like a world on your shoulders.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

A cover-up of any kind is a bad thing. It is a form of lying, manipulating and theft. It is shameful for a government to cover-up.

One small cover-up will lead to an other one and before you know it you cover-up the start of a war where thousends of people die. Covering up something is in many, if not all cases illegal.....and the word illegal means against the law....the law that the government should hold up high.

When a government is not respecting its own legislation that nation is doomed.......If a worldpower government does not take its own law serious it will have no respect for any foreign or international law. That power can be a very serious problem for the rest of the world....

edit on 18/12/2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join