It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking for members opinions...Do you think the Coverup of existance of E.T. to be good or bad?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pascalt

Originally posted by Diplomat
You have to be seriously gullible and naive to believe that we have proof of actual space aliens visiting our planet.

There is indeed a "UFO phenomenon," but it ain't "space aliens." That's what they WANT you to think, and you're all falling for it! lol

You write making it feel like you know everything about the Alien phenomena - have you actually read any book about it?

There ARE space aliens just like there are Black projects UFOs.

There ARE space crafts on NASA videos, UFO have been seen to destroy a missile in space, and HUNDREDS of other proof (radar traces, military reports of UFO hovering over nuclear missiles etc.)

I propose that you read a book such as ALIEN AGENDA by Jim Marrs, it might open your mind on this topic....

Have I actually read any book about it? lol, yes I have read MANY books about it. I have researched the UFO phenomenon for over 10 years.

Do space aliens exist throughout the Universe? Yes, most likely.

Have they visited our planet?? lol, no.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

You should just say, "I have never seen any such thing." Or, " In my world such things don't exist." But the best is, "Have they visited my planet? lol,no"

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
I am trying to get an idea on how this group...ie...people who post on a E.T. and UFO board....thinks about this topic. I would like to see how many think the coverup is a good thing or a bad thing for the sake of Humanity and if so...why they believe so. Split Infinity

First, define the terms "good" and "bad". Then I will answer your question. I don't think that the meanings of those terms are as simple as you think they are.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

I propose that you read a book such as ALIEN AGENDA by Jim Marrs, it might open your mind on this topic....

Have I actually read any book about it? lol, yes I have read MANY books about it. I have researched the UFO phenomenon for over 10 years.

Do space aliens exist throughout the Universe? Yes, most likely.

Either 1) you are lying and have not read many legit books about the phenomena,
or 2) you are dismissing the thousands of witnesses testimony

But I can assure that you are partly wrong and are ignoring facts. Please read the book "Alien Agenda", more than 200 references and dozens of different proofs.

I have researched the Alien phenomena for only 6 months and have already found 2 people who noticed out of this world phenomena - are you sure you are "researching" with an open mind, and reading the right books? lol, no!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

or 2) you are dismissing the thousands of witnesses testimony

But I can assure that you are partly wrong and are ignoring facts. Please read the book "Alien Agenda", more than 200 references and dozens of different proofs.

I have researched the Alien phenomena for only 6 months and have already found 2 people who noticed out of this world phenomena - are you sure you are "researching" with an open mind, and reading the right books? lol, no!

Witness testimony? lol, like who? Bob Lazar? Col Philip Corso?

Can you say disinformation agents?

Or is it a witness of an "orb" moving around in the sky and they automatically came to the conclusion that it was space aliens?
edit on 12/18/2011 by Diplomat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Its a terrible thing. The very fact that it was hidden has lead to distrust and all sorts of other issues. The human race would have easily coped with an aknowledgement of alien life. The "one and only" reason why people freaked during the "war of the worlds" psyop was because people thoight they were under attack. Decalring alien life to be here is not the same as saying we are being invaded by aliens.

Just my take.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
There is 0 credible evidence that earth is been visited by aliens. I'm sorry but there isn't.
We are talking mocked up 'aliens' on dissecting tables.
Every freakin light in the sky that is claimed to be a craft
Delusional peeps or those just wanting to make a quick buck.
Craft which are actually secret new government technology.
So there is no 'cover up' - good or bad.

Do you honestly think you could keep any nocturnal visitations from the millons of amateur astronomers out there?
Given the population of the earth, there have been scant supposed encounters.
It may happen. It hasn't happened yet,

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

hi
its difficult to know for sure if there is a cover up or not
there are two many convincing people on both sides

but to answer your question

i can see the argument for covering it up and i don't agree with it
(for purely selfish reasons)
if the USA disclosed a cover up (which it never will) i think most people would shrug their shoulders and get on with life on earth
we on the other hand (the few million who spend there time in places like ATS)would be tearing each other apart over who was right or wrong

but that just my opinion

regards
moonpie

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

How are you defining "legit"?

"Out of this world phenomena" doesn't necessarily validate the ETH.

And if you've only researched for 6 months perhaps it might be advisable to keep an open mind about the opinions of those who have looked into the subject for years.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I do believe there is a cover up of sorts involving ET's. I also believe there are covert ops that have used the UFO phenomena as cover for their activity, and I believe there may be some psy ops being played out on Americans as an experiment in human programming.

One day we will learn some of the truth regarding the cover up. But I don't believe we ever know the full story.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

I am trying to get an idea on how this group...ie...people who post on a E.T. and UFO board....thinks about this topic. I would like to see how many think the coverup is a good thing or a bad thing for the sake of Humanity and if so...why they believe so. Split Infinity

Both the existence of ET and any supposed cover up are your belief. That don't make it fact.

BUT....asI have revised this topics question...and this is....four or five times now I have had to post this....on page one post five....I apologize for not including in the topics question....and if you do not believe in E.T.....do you think it is good or bad if the U.S. Government is creating a COVERUP for the purpose of hiding Highly Advanced Military projects.

As far as your statement goes.....The existance of E.T.'s and a coverup....are MY BELIEF....and that does not make it a fact. That is sound logic from your perspective....the only thing though....for me...it is not a BELIEF....it is a documented....experienced....long time of my life in training....issue that effects my mental State.....and has me scared to death.....FACT! As I have been there and DONE that.

I believe there is only ONE person on this board who is smart enough to use the inormation I have put out there and about myself....because I do play in a Internationaly Known Rock Band....but we were HOT in the 80's and although I still do shows....I am older and keep shows to less than 15 or 20 a year.

As I have posted before...if this person is as smart as I think they are....and do not waste time trying to hack a system that by it's very nature allows what we want seen to be seen....with some very NASTY after effects once we have gotten all we need.....and they use the data I have given them....they could find out who I am....and I will say this part again...IF THIS OR ANYOTHER PERSON DOES....PLEASE! Keep it to yourself....for your own sake! PM me and I will have MOTHMAN set up a way for us to CHAT....with a high level of Encryption....to make it safe for us. Good Luck! I would be very impressed! Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash

First, define the terms "good" and "bad". Then I will answer your question. I don't think that the meanings of those terms are as simple as you think they are.

Well....that is why I am keeping it so open ended as to get an idea upon how YOU feel if this is a what level of detriment or benifit or even if you consider it a grey area or all of the above. People have varying degrees on what words like good and bad mean...it is by experience that they judge such things.

I know that a person who has been sheltered all their life and missing an appointment for a manicure or missing a fishing trip....for them....is like the END OF THE WORLD! opposed to certain people of greater experience or people who have grown up in a harsh or violent enviroment....or people like me....I grew up in a Military and "CIVILIAN" family and was constantly around Colonels and Generals as well as watch how a GRUNT would be treated after commiting....in most peoples minds....a very minor error....but I remember being with my cousin and watching a Master Sergeant scream and insult a newbie who for no real reason other that to harden this 18 year old kid....called him every name in the book and had him do 50 pushups with a boot firmly and heavily pushed down on the grunts back.

My cousin started to cry....I had seen this before and admired the young soldiers fortitude as he did the pushups while yelling out loud the numbers.

In this example....I am showing how people view what is right and wrong by experience and by understanding an action....I knew ther Sarge....was only trying to help the young soldier....even though my cousin thought Sarge was a BAD MAN and he hated him! So for my cousin....as it pertains to this topic....It is impossible for me to get a usable and undrstandable response of good and bad....if I am the one defining what is good or bad.

I was shot in the chest on a job.....and I thought I was going to DIE! And it HURT LIKE HELL! Also...contrary to popular belief....your life does not flash before your eyes. The first words that came to mind as well out of my mouth as I KNEW I was about to get shot was....OH...S#!%! That's it! The very next thought was...even before I wanted to check on how bad my wounds were as I was conscious....was....and I said it out loud to my buddy....Hand me my Rifle! I am going to KILL that SOB!....shortly after an event that happened next that I will not talk about.....I felt the pain! Pain like you can never imagine.....your adreniline as well as initial shock blocks out the pain for a short time....but when it starts....it just keeps increacing until you get Morphed.

My point is....bad for me....cannot be compared for bad for someone who has not had similar experiences....that is why it is up to you to describe what and how good or bad you believe it is. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

reply to post by RadioactiveRob

Bob....I respect your answer....question....what if the controlling entity of what will be covered up as well as their ability to opperate completely autonomous from the U.S. or any other Goverment....as it was designed to be this way to avoid corruption....what if it is not the U.S. Goverment that is covering up anything....but a group that was put in place very shortly after massive overflights by E.T. of Washington DC....and you can check this ...google et overflights in mass washington dc......and because we had something of theirs...they were sending us a message short of blasting away at us.....and we used this....and put on a poker face and said....you are not going to be so OVERT as to attack....we will give back some.....things....but we want to limit your activities which include overt overflights....limit number of abductions and deaths....YES....some people never come back....and we want to keep a few things.....if you do not agree....we will deal with your rivals.....what would you think of a coverup being good or bad if all that was true? Split Infinity

Here's a question and perhaps something to ponder; how do we know that these "rivals" we could have supposedly dealt with were who they said they were? Let's presume we got rid of our nuclear arsenal as per their conditions for assistance in ridding ourselves of the grays...how do we know that they really weren't the grays themselves, attempting to fool us into de-militarizing ourselves? I believe this was a major consideration when we turned down these "rivals", that we simply could not be expected to lower our guard, even at the cost of a few million American lives. But perhaps this is what the grays wanted from us all along. To put us in a position where we had no other choice but to submit to them, as there was no other option we could put faith in.

Still I question why the grays would even feel the need to negotiate with us at all. It makes possible that they truly do feel these mysterious human like rivals are a threat to themselves, else why would they simply not just disclose themselves on DC's front lawn? I suspect we couldn't take that gamble for the entire species, and made a questionable deal with the grays with a heavy heart, not knowing who in the universe we could really trust.
edit on 18-12-2011 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

In my personal opinion, i feel like the cover up by world governments of the existence of E.T.s is part of systematic way of desensitizing humans to the idea of their existence. If you have read about the original broadcast of war of the worlds, in i think the thirties, people were freaking out. Now, it seems like we can not go a year without Hollywood capitalizing on the E.T idea. However the whole concept of them being malevolent is probably the best way for the movie makers to make more money. Would you rather see 'a close encounter' or 'aliens versus cowboys.' But really, i think most of us, at least here, think about that possibility or unlikelihood at least once a week. So by that measure i feel like we as a race are overall more prepared psychologically for disclosure, whether by our governments or the E.T.s themselves. Sorry if this has been covered, i'm short on time and can't afford reading the whole thread.

Sourpill

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Whenever truth is destroyed, society stagnates.

This can be applied towards the subject matter, or any other subject really. I don't know to what extent, or if at all the governments of the world are covering up intel on extraterrestrials..and well, that sort of makes it a good job on their behalf for being quite successful in destroying the truth if indeed that is what is going on..I have a "hunch" there is something to it, but since there is no smoking gun...

But what would it change if indeed the hypothetical discussion came from the world leaders? Probably not a lot. Would still need to work, plan for retirement, eat breakfast, etc...Religions of the world would adapt and adopt the new reality in about 60 seconds, and we would move on to the next thing. It would be an interesting academic thing to know of course..personally I would be interested in learning of an ET's history and if at all it somehow intersects our own, things like that...but then again, I enjoy history anyhow, so its more the nerdy things that interest me verses if they can somehow come down and take me on a space joyride around the solar system. (although that would be cool also).

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I believe there is only ONE person on this board who is smart enough to use the inormation I have put out there and about myself....because I do play in a Internationaly Known Rock Band....but we were HOT in the 80's and although I still do shows....I am older and keep shows to less than 15 or 20 a year.

As I have posted before...if this person is as smart as I think they are....and do not waste time trying to hack a system that by it's very nature allows what we want seen to be seen....with some very NASTY after effects once we have gotten all we need.....and they use the data I have given them....they could find out who I am....and I will say this part again...IF THIS OR ANYOTHER PERSON DOES....PLEASE! Keep it to yourself....

Look at you teasing....

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cilvanus
Would you rather see 'a close encounter' or 'aliens versus cowboys.'

Close Encounters...seems like a no brainer
I have seen Close Encounters repeatedly..over and over and would still watch it today
I have watched AvC once, missed the last 5 minutes of it, and figure I know the jist of it so won't sit through it again to catch the last 5...because even though it was an alright movie, it wasn't really watchable or conceptually entertaining...

Now, in regards to baddy aliens...I did get a somewhat guilty pleasure out of Battle for LA...but that one annoyed me with the plot because it was illogical (come fight us verses go to europa. like saying..your hungry, you see a lush apple tree there...so you walk past that and instead attack a village for their single apple half eaten...makes no sense...but it was interesting anyhow.

It truely is difficult coming up with an actual viable baddy alien movie..mars attacks is just as valid as any other movie (they do it for the lulz)...so the "good" alien movies (close encounters, contact, etc) simply make more logical sense as a potential reality.

But ya, people love their cowboys v indians type fight movies.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I say... it doesn't matter, we shouldn't worry about those things and neither should the government, we have bigger things to be worrying about at this time.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Frankly, I believe it to be a bad thing because if we knew there were other civilizations out there, that are interfering with humanity, that would speed up the process for a form of global government of some sort. Even if we only found out a few details, that would not sate our courioisty.

We could look to the stars as a race of people with a clear goal in mind, find out who is out there and what they want with us. Petty things like border disputes or wars over resources would become a thing of the past if we figured out ET technology. Hell just finding out would speed up our utilization of the solar system for resources instead of strip-mining Earth.

Even if they are negative or indifferent to us, it would mean humanity would pool its resources together as one and think about defending our planet and solar system instead of from each other.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

I will not try to pretend that I know the answer to your question or lie in the form of a response to gain some form of respect as I have no need for such things. I only know so much....and it is not much at all....but it is enough for me to put a few pieces together and these things have to have bben talken about before on the web or in the media or in someones book....I cannot make posts of my conjecture using what I know....that has not previously been made public. To do so would mean the end of my posting and knowing a few things....effects that would not be pleasant.

What I can say is....if any of the vaious known races of E.T. wished to....they could do whatever they wanted....and it is unknown to my knowledge...if any other race would step in to stop another race. We have virtually NO ABILITY AT ALL....to stop them from doing what they wish.

Luckily....we have a bit of leverage and this leverage has increased over the years. But everytime I read a topic on this board talking about what we could do to fight an oncomming E.T. Invasion....I Laugh My ASS OFF! LOL!
This is not Hollywood.....and in the movie...Independence Day...the single STUPIDEST concept was that a Human Written Computer Virus....could even access....their systems....nevermind....an even DUMBER idea that an Advanced Alien Race would study us for years as Randy Quaid declares....do all sorts of experiments on abductees.....then...in an effort to use the Planet as raw materials for building new additions to their SPACE BORN SHIP/HOME....they decide to use a Particle Beam to destroy cities and have ground troops in the Millions waiting as a second wave for erradicating the Humans left.

STUPID? BEYOND STUPID! They have been studying us for years right? Thus they know are anatomy....they are Advanced enough to make BIOMECHANICAL SUITS AS BOTH protection from Earths enviroment as well as to be used as a weapon.....but they would not just use their advanced genetic knowledge to develop a BIOWEAPON.....deliver this BIOLOGICAL TOXIN OR VIRUS....that specifically targets just Humans....launch atmospheric sprayers or delivery systems or just put it in the water....it only effects Humans and nothing or no one or no other animal.....and watch the whole Human Race die within Hours...THEN land and do what they wish.

My point here is that people do not know the whole picture and even people involved do not....as a purpose. If they wanted to kill us off...they would have done it by now...if they really wanted their....tech. back....they could get it easily...but not covertly. An when an Astronaut like Gordon Cooper or Mitchell or..etc....tells you E.T. is a reality...YOU BELIEVE THEM! They have nothing to gain and EVERYTHING TO LOOSE by making these statements. Lastly....I have seen E.T. Craft....many times. I have seen and experienced...things I cannot talk about...and the one thing I KNOW FOR A CERTAINTY is....when people start making up wild stories for whatever purpose...about abductions or being in the Military at a famous E.T. visited base....or create a following to make Money or write a BOOK for MONEY....or be a Guest on a show about UFO's and E.T. for MONEY....even if they are well respected....it creates the so called....WACKO WEDGE....like spliting a log....these people become the log splitting wedge that seperates....PEOPLE WHO POSSIBLY BELIEVE and would like to investigate using money and resourses but will not because they don't want to be on the wrong side of the splitting line of the log where lies the other half....a combination of REL PEOPLE OF EXPERIENCE with UFO's and E.T.....as well as the nut jobs....the liers, the Mentally Challenged, the Psychologially harmed, the story telling MONEY MAKERS, the ALIEN SHIP BEHIND THE COMET sneaker wearing end of timers.....and people like me....not a believer...but one that KNOWS....but is bothered by the knowledge....and worse....even though I can say no....I can't because I worry about friends...and sadly....LOVE THE WORK.
Split Infinity

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join