It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking for members opinions...Do you think the Coverup of existance of E.T. to be good or bad?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
I am trying to get an idea on how this group...ie...people who post on a E.T. and UFO board....thinks about this topic. I would like to see how many think the coverup is a good thing or a bad thing for the sake of Humanity and if so...why they believe so. Split Infinity

First, I would like to say that I believe that there is a cover-up. The massive leaps forward we have made with aviation, electronics, computers, etc really makes me wonder. TPTB will not tell us because disclosure would mean a new age of enlightenment and peace for humanity. That's not in their best interest. I'm not stating this as fact, it's just my opinion.

Any cover-up is a bad thing, no matter what the intention the aliens have. As a species, we have the right to know whats out there.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

I find endless contrived questions, displaying a prejudice to the thought that the existance of ET's as a forgone conclusion, is tedious. What a waste of time and effort. Belief in ET's is a religious thing, nothing more. ET's have replaced God for the follower and believer of such tripe. To ask if a "coverup of existance" is "good or bad" without any proof of ET's very existance is at the height of religious faith not a foregone conclusion of reality.

Lets see... tedious, a waste, religious (thing), nothing, such tripe, not reality. But your "reality" is OK I guess... According to you, stuff you don't think is "real " is a waste and tripe. Got any proof? I mean, after all this is a "theory forum" and if Theories are "tripe", what are you even doing here? Oh, thats right; to put down stuff you don't have proof either way about. Feel better?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

First of all i do not call them Aliens because i suspect these beings are something else.

It is both for good reasons and bad reasons. There are good people and bad people in charge. It is not one sided as some may think. We were kicked off the moon by these beings what does that say?

Good reason being the truth is grim in that these beings are not here in our best interest. That there is a program going on An alien agenda involving hybrids www.jarmag.com... and our government is powerless to stop it. If the people were to learn that we are essentially being replaced and phased out by these now fully human looking hybrids life as we know it is not really living becomes a state of fear. These beings act in covert means evading our own air craft and abducting people against their will. They are not necessarily evil but completely indifferent to us. So the people in the know controlling this information mean well like Eisenhower did. It is better you live your life without constant fear and worries. These beings to us in ancient history and are behind manipulating humanity in various areas. The truth does not always set you free sometimes it is better that you never knew and will wish to unlearn... I feel that way. It's a road i wish i never researched and pursued. The ET's themselves do not want to be known either. That is why they set up memory blocks.

www.ufoevidence.org...

Bad reason is about greed, suppression of free energy. These craft have been covered and back engineered and have been in possession of the military industrial complex and it's corporate contractors. All in bed with big oil, power companies and utilities. This is why all technology such as the electric car, solar and eco fuel been suppressed or made to be unfordable. The combustible engine has been obsolete for decades, we are forced to consume oil. They will continue to force oil consumption until the wells run dry and supress all free energy tech as well as the anti grav tech and other teck recovered from the craft at no end.They operate beyond congressional oversight and answer to nobody "MIC" and "ET"

As far as cover up few are in the know and most in power take orders from higher ups without questioning. The left had does not know what the right hand knows. The system is set up that way for that purpose. The compartmentalization makes it almost impossible to see the wizard of OZ behind the curtain. However the Bush family is involved, Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney as well. Anyone that tells you there is nothing going on is clearly ignorant to the fact or has not done any research. The blind men and the elephant syndrome. The Blind-Men-and-the-Elephant syndrome is based upon a poem by John Godfrey Saxe

One blind man grabs the elephant's tail and comes to the conclusion that an elephant is like a rope; another grabs the trunk and thinks an elephant is like a snake; another grabs a leg and thinks an elephant is like the trunk of a tree, etc. Each blind man has a piece of the truth as it were, but they don't see the whole elephant.

It takes years of research and study and talking to contacts and abductees to even begin to understand what is happening.
edit on 18-12-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
doesn't say anywhere in the text, that we would rule before he came back but it's all semantical if you take into consideration ruling houses believe their descendancy from the house of judah or abraham, automatically qualifies them as the presence of jesus or al'lah, already here.

Talk about bury your head in the sand....

I just quoted a passage from the Bible (you know what Christians believe is the word of God) that has God (us, plural?) clearly says, "Let us make humans in our image, in our likeness," and, "Let them rule the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the domestic animals all over the earth, and all the animals that crawl on the earth." Then again later, "Rule the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, and all the animals that crawl on the earth." It couldn't be clearer and lies at the heart of Patriarchal Judeo-Christian religion.

Then God said, "Let us make humans in our image, in our likeness. Let them rule the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the domestic animals all over the earth, and all the animals that crawl on the earth." So God created humans in his image. In the image of God he created them. He created them male and female. God blessed them and said, "Be fertile, increase in number, fill the earth, and be its master. Rule the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, and all the animals that crawl on the earth."
SOURCE: gwt.scripturetext.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Excellent topic/question. S&F.

The cover up is bad for humanity. It is our basic Human Right to know the truth about the Universe that we live in. The cover up assumes that someone else is deciding what is "best for us" concerning a basic truth about our own exisistence of being alive in this Universe. "The truth" should never be forbidden. "The truth" should never be "a problem".
If we as a species don't handle the news very well, then we simply need to go through the growing pains and adjust to the "new reality". Children growing up are given more and more responsibilities as they grow older and (hopefully) wiser. Adults have a much different "reality" than children do, based on knowledge and intellectual complexity alone.

The obvious answer to the premise/question posed in this thread is that the cover up is fueled by the coveting of advanced technologies, or other types of knowledge that give certain groups of humans a strategic military or technological advantage over other groups. It's that simple.

Other considerations;

What would we think if knowledge of our existence was forbidden to another culture?

What if basic scientific knowledge were banned, such as when scientific principles and theories were supressed in Europe by the Catholic Church? This information is the equivalent to that level of societal manipulation.

Unequivical knowledge that the Human species is not alone in the Universe could ultimately act as a catalyst to draw Humanity together, rather than allowing us to continue to divide our cultures, as we currently do.
-Perhaps this is part of the fear of TPTB- that we would be united, therefore eliminating conflict and competition on multiple levels. Perhaps the profit margins are much lower in the light of co-operation, peace, and equity in terms of material comfort.
Perhaps the knowledge could trigger an irrational religious world war that would prove to be very destructive to our species and the planet. I'm sure these are parts of the equasion. If we self-destruct because of the power of this knowledge, then perhaps we deserve to fail. We have to grow up sometime, just as every child must.

Some people crack under the psychological weight of being alive, and commit suicide at an early age;
Some people grow up to have a long, happy, fulfilling life;
What indeed, as a species, will we choose to do ?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

i think their bodies are remotely-controlled hazardous environment suits. and the real entity driving the suit, is not visible or even present at the actual geographical location of these encounters. so dissecting their environment suit would be a nuisance at least, and an ambassadorial flub up at worst.

What? Robots? Controlling ships? Why would they put humanoid robots in a ship and fly across the Galaxy? The ship is the robot / probe.. That would be like us putting a humanoid robot in our deep space probes. Not sure about that one.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

I find endless contrived questions, displaying a prejudice to the thought that the existance of ET's as a forgone conclusion, is tedious. What a waste of time and effort. Belief in ET's is a religious thing, nothing more. ET's have replaced God for the follower and believer of such tripe. To ask if a "coverup of existance" is "good or bad" without any proof of ET's very existance is at the height of religious faith not a foregone conclusion of reality.

Lets see... tedious, a waste, religious (thing), nothing, such tripe, not reality. But your "reality" is OK I guess... According to you, stuff you don't think is "real " is a waste and tripe. Got any proof? I mean, after all this is a "theory forum" and if Theories are "tripe", what are you even doing here? Oh, thats right; to put down stuff you don't have proof either way about. Feel better?

I feel fine...thanks for asking.

Proving a non-reality would be an activity for a madman. Of course a madman would not be able to grasp that truth.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Lies are usually bad,

And governments routinely lie - that is what they do.

But I believe that cover-ups are always against the interests of humanity, and our alien friends.

But governments will probably never stop lying.

So what can you do?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Proving a non-reality would be an activity for a madman. Of course a madman would not be able to grasp that truth.

Who said anything about proof? Oh, you. This is a theory forum. Name calling doesn't change the reality that you are just trolling. You're maddening. Go play in someone else's sandbox hater.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I did provide a reason why in the question.

Why would you want to hide the existence of Black people?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

well that gets into timeline issues. was that the first creation of the adam (who were both males and females (no eve yet) created in the image of the elohim or after the fall? because if i'm not mistaken, humans lost control of the planet during the fall. christans are not listed as rulers till jesus returns from the sky, with his lil army. doesn't mean a christian couldn't be a ruler i suppose, but it sure doesn't sound like it's a guarantee just because they are christians, till jesus comes back. and i'm not even completely sure on that timeline either, as it seems some of the events of prophetical nature, are layered, and foreshadowed and referred to in the past, in revelation. i'd have to review it again for exactness. i will if you'd like?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

profit margins are meaningless when you print the money. that isn't it. i'd be more inclined to believe, they are in cahoots with an ET-faction that has given them advanced warning about some global catastrophe and if we were to be in communication with them at the peon level, we'd be preparing ourselves as well, or demanding there be alot more arks built. now i can see that being a powerful motivation.
edit on 18-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I would like to see how many think the coverup is a good thing or a bad thing for the sake of Humanity and if so...why they believe so. Split Infinity

Good question and thread.

Its a good thing for now. I know that sounds uhhh.... but think about it. If the aliens really wanted to show themselves to all once and for all with total ultimate proof they could do that, don't you think? With the "Ultimate Interstellar Tech of the Ages?" Wouldn't be hard (for them) to make some display that everyone would see. That really would upset the apple cart. People would be freakin out at that. Panic in the streets and Panic at the Top: (Invasion?)

I can guarantee that Governments are afraid it would destroy the fabric of society. People might stop paying taxes, going to church, going to work. They might demand an alien in the White House or who knows? Certainly a major fear of the TPTB would be a possible revolt. And then technology sharing might ensue with all it's horrible ramifications. A whole new cold war and arms race?

Too many variables for the already shaky mix. I think they would both prefer to keep the lid on their presence for now. I think the "proof", despite what others say, is they haven't done it yet (disclosure).

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I think your question is a double-edged simply because we don't know enough about ET's visiting this planet to make an intelligent decision. We don't even know the answers to the biggest questions like

1. How many different ET races are visiting this planet
2. What are their agendas (IE why are ET's here)
3. Which ET's are friendly toward humans
4. Which ET's want to cause us harm

One question that I would love an answer to is:

If you think the US Military is reverse engineering Alien craft....who is doing the work ???? to reverse engineer an advanced craft possibly thousands of years in advance of our science and engineering skills it would take teams of scientists, engineers etc. The task would probably be the size of the Manhattan project in WW2 and nobody has leaked it ???? Stalin knew all about the Manhattan project within months of it being set up.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I am for FULL dis-Clothesure of all E.T.s
Absolutely No cover-ups.
Umm, but I kinda would like to see a Grey in a bikini

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by zorgon

Cover up is good... you don't have the need to know

ZORGON....I take it you are being facetious. So....if you believe it to be a bad thing....what do you suggest as a way to deal with the issue? Split Infinity

Well no I meant it. In all the years of showing people stuff, the number of skeptics increases. and the believers will latch onto anything and everything. Take 2012 for example...

What if the truth is that there really are no aliens at all and the whole thing is a CIA plot to cover black ops?

IF that is true... how many will accept that truth?

The problem is that unless the 'truth' fits a persons belief, it will never be accepted, So covering up that truth, no matter WHAT it may or may not be, is a good thing. Keeps people guessing, keeps ATS in business, etc.

If we all new the truth... what then? What comes next?

Oh yeah... that would depend on which version of truth gets the popular vote

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
i think if there is a coverup it is a good thing for now. ive seen alot on ATS where religious folk say aliens are demons so if it were shown that there are aliens i believe the religious nuts would try and kill the aliens which would result in us all dying in retaliation.

i don't want to be punished for their ignorance and blindness. i say if there is a coverup, wait until the majority of the public aren't brainwashed, paranoid fools ready for another witch hunt

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I find that your logic...if it was based on a subject that has absolutely ZERO% chance of being a reality....would be sound....however....the possible existance of E.T. and a coverup as well as a possible coverup using E.T. as it's basis....has a huge amount of evidence and cannot be considered a ZERO% possibility.

In your mind....this is a waste of time....but you have proposed a theory involving both E.T. and Religion...thus...you have thought of this before....and have formed an opinion. The fact that your opinion has a greater than ZERO% probability or possibility....is in mathematical terms....a theorum that is disprovable as well as mathematicaly and logicly....unsound.

If....a....represents ZERO....as refering to existance of E.T......and....c....represents.00000001%....as it represents your theory of Belief of E.T. as a Religion.....then....b....represents the cumulative beliefs of people on the existance of some form a deity....which is greater than c.....a.....cannot have a ZERO% possibility or probability. It is just basic algebra.

You have assigned a value...no matter how small....to the possibility that E.T. EXISTING.....if not....then your concept would have ZERO% probability....which it does not. You have...by words and ideas....disproven your own statement. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Pertaining to coverups, back in 1972 I was 10 years old and quite interested in UFO's, and I had some cousins visiting so I called the Air Force and reported a green fireball ufo to them ( this was back when you could still report a ufo to the military)..

anyways, I told them about what I saw (I really never saw anything and was proving to my cousins that the military covers up these things)

The day was a perfect summer day, no clouds or wind.. after telling one guy what I saw, he forwarded the call to a higher up.. and then that person did the same thing, until there was a colonel who wanted me to tell again what I saw... after telling him, he replied that there was a weather system in my area and that it was ball lightning that I saw.. he made it sound pretty convincing, but I then laughed at him and told him I never saw anything and wanted to show my cousins that they would just cover it up with some story..

That made the guy quite mad and he began threatening me so I hung up on him... (back then they didn't trace calls unless they knew in advance they would even want to)..

That proved to me they wish the whole thing would just go away... they have never changed their behavior and still stonewall the freedom of information requests they get.. The really good stuff is still classified of course...

This is a bad thing and one day it could even cause a civil war if the information of what they have done is ever revealed.
edit on 18-12-2011 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
people who believe in god and not ETs, should be shot and beaten, because, I do not believe in god. i do believe in E.T, if the damn universe is that big, how the hell are we suposed to be alone.... ignorance will set those crusifiers, killing in the name of a man that does not exist, free

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join