It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking for members opinions...Do you think the Coverup of existance of E.T. to be good or bad?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

Originally posted by romanmel
I find endless contrived questions, displaying a prejudice to the thought that the existance of ET's as a forgone conclusion, is tedious. What a waste of time and effort. Belief in ET's is a religious thing, nothing more. ET's have replaced God for the follower and believer of such tripe. To ask if a "coverup of existance" is "good or bad" without any proof of ET's very existance is at the height of religious faith not a foregone conclusion of reality.
On the contrary, you DO NOT KNOW what the reasons are some members claim to know of ET reality or whether they are valid. I could just as easily say you have faith that they do not know. It may be a religious thing for some but not for everyone. The assumption here is yours.

Just because someone cannot produce the proof that will satisfy you does not mean something is not a reality. I cannot prove whether I brushed my teeth this morning but I know whether I did.

Thank You PIMANDER.....It is tough enough not to be able to talk about something....it is even more frustrating to know a reality and watch as another makes a fool of themselves....not so much by their own fault....but because some very bright people I know....know how to do their job very well. And reguardless if you believe my statements or not.....I can assure you....these people are smart....and almost PRESCIENT....for those who do not know the word....they have an uncanny ability to seem to know what the reactions, responses and what the cause and effect of an event will be.....I have experienced this and it leaves me shaking my head.

I think I am a pretty smart cookie....but unless these folks have a Remote Viewer....or a person of extreme Talent in the E.S.P. division.....I have been on a job that I could not figure how and why something occured and how a reaction to this occurance became to past. It was of a reaction so unlikely that I did not consider it in the least...or at all...and I am a problem solver....this is what I am good at....looking at things....observing and understanding what when why and how something will go down.

The information was given to me....and it unfolded just as was dictated....in every detail....I cannot even dare calculate the odds that this would be. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
If there is a cover up, then it's a bad thing in terms of not sharing the technology and knowledge of reality.

However, think if there has never been a technology exchange...The government could be covering up the existence of unknown beings who rarely make any contact. If that is the case then honestly, what would the government say?

Maybe we haven't recovered any technology, the only technology claim is from Roswell. So maybe we have no alien technology and maybe ufo's are unknown beings just visiting our planet and leaving. Different ET's everytime. Or who knows what they are?

What would the Government say?

It's either ET's have sit down meetings with human beings, which could be potentially be extremely frightening. Or there has been zero contact and UFO's pose no threat.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
To me this is a mixed kettle of fish, i do definetly believe in a cover up of the existance of ET's visiting earth, but i can only speculate as to whether or not they are from other star systems or from other dimensions with out any first hand knowledge.

Just like other posters have said there are lots of pros and cons regarding disclosure and before i would have been all for it but truthfully i dont know whether or not it would be a good thing, if their existamce was made public not only would it expose all the decades of lies and cause a upheaval in belief systems but what ever technology they have could be dangerous in the wrong hands. Many more primitive nations may not be ready for free energy devices.

Im really curious as to the OP's knowledge on this subject and think the intent of the species contact has been established with would be important, I guess in some ways disclosure has begun with countries like France, even New Zealand releasing documents. Also no lies are good in any society but untill the mass public is ready maybe it should remain under wraps?

that was a bit off topic, my opinion is yes it has been good to cover it up but not for much longer.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I think your question is a double-edged simply because we don't know enough about ET's visiting this planet to make an intelligent decision. We don't even know the answers to the biggest questions like

1. How many different ET races are visiting this planet
2. What are their agendas (IE why are ET's here)
3. Which ET's are friendly toward humans
4. Which ET's want to cause us harm

One question that I would love an answer to is:

If you think the US Military is reverse engineering Alien craft....who is doing the work ???? to reverse engineer an advanced craft possibly thousands of years in advance of our science and engineering skills it would take teams of scientists, engineers etc. The task would probably be the size of the Manhattan project in WW2 and nobody has leaked it ???? Stalin knew all about the Manhattan project within months of it being set up.

I can only answer one of your questions...and only to a limited degree.....as far as reverse engineering E.T. tech....it is like trying to put together a million piece jigsaw puzzle....in the dark....with your tounge....shot up with novicane. It is near impossible. Still....things that are intact....a child can pull a guns trigger....not understanding what the gun does or how it works.

As far as who does the work.....think of the Agency as a Family...with very smart people....being confined with other very smart people....Men and Women....there is alot of in house marriages. New members tend to be drawn in from family lines. They are....incorruptable. The work that is done....and this work is of the lowest possible tech....is diseminated by the agency to specific contractors....these people are working for both their company and the Agency. The company workers can NEVER reveal....even to their bosses....what they are doing...unless it is something that does not violate treaty and will be used in a Military fashion....super secret...but the top executives...say at Lockheed will know....if the work is not to be used for military purposes....but has possible military aps....but is using E.T. Tech. that is....not actionable overtly or covertly....it basicaly stays in house....then the company makes money for their employees expertise....but the tech....and all concepts...ideas or designs...stay in house....the workers are sworn in....nd it has happened before where a worker did give data to a company VP who was looking to make a name for himself....the company must report the breach and if not and they are found out....well they are cut out of the money train and you don't want to know the penalties for the worker or the VP who did this.

There are VERY specific uses that are both allowed and disallowed....and even the allowed uses....are for a WWIII senario. The U.S. has more than enough valid non-E.T. Super Advanced Military Programs....in fact...even without E.T. tech....the U.S. Military and ESPECIALLY the NSA Intell matrix....is at least 100 years in advance of anything else another country has.

What people see as U.S. Military power is 1960's and 1970's drawing board now reality machines. I was EXTREMELY surprised when they overtly tested the FREE ELECTRON LASER....I guess it was to warn China to tell N. Korea to knok it off. The Chinese know how far ahead we are....but that could be expodentialy increased by a factor of 1000 if we chose to. This is why I laugh whenever I see the equivalent of the old MISSLE GAP type talk when refering to Chinese plans for a larger Naval Fleet. This Free Electron Laser is a weapon of unlimited capabilities and destructive power. Powered by a Nuclear reactor...as all U.S. Carriers will have them installed with a third reactor....as well as possibly Aegis Cruisers....is an ULTIMATE WEAPON!

The Chinese know this...so do the Russians....worrying about Chinese expansion is a ploy for more money diverted to defence contractors....There is not a country or group of countries that could take on the U.S. Military if the gloves came off....and it would all be done in a non-nuclear fashion. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Well assuming there is a cover up and there's nothing but hearsay that says there is. I think it would be a bad thing because people need to know and should the "aliens" turn nasty it would be best that we already know that they're here.

That's assuming of course that there is aliens coming to earth and there is no proof that they are.
edit on 18-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I have to agree with beezzer that the humans are not ready for such a disclosure.
Most of the people in here think that because they feel ready for a disclosure,the entire world is.That's a mistake,people are far from ready for that.
I 'm doing an experiment concerning the reaction of people on the knowledge of ETs.Even people that read and watch science fiction,they are terrified on the idea that real ETs are here and they try to find ways to discredit and ridicule the entire subject.
Besides don't forget how people react to small or bigger changes in everyday life,"normal" stuff that change their routine can drive some crazy.Imagine what a change in their entire belief system could do to them.

If there is a cover up,at this point is a good thing.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

I don't believe there is anything to cover up or anything being covered up. E.T.'s are not what's being covered up. Many think because there was an unexplained Flying Saucer incident that there must be some E.T. cover up. Aliens are fake. All of the E.T. crap is Hollywood. The Saucers are the cover up, why? I don't know.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Although there is alot of evidence...with the exception of the Hybrid thing...to back up your statements....I think you are talking about a different COVERUP than I am. There is the Military/Industrial complex that has all sorts of shady deals with Congress and Leadership and people in the Military higher ups. Look at the Bradley program....it is now a good tool for our troops but development costs for a troop carrier skyrocketed to the Billions plus....and the whole thing had to be redesigned.

The Israelis would not even take orders for the planned U.S. Militarys version and requested huge changes to protect their men. It finally got fixed but after some people and in particular an Officer of the U.S. Military. It was a debacle and not only that....it was a violation of a code....that being....never give the Soldiers in the field....weapons that are known to be faulty.

My point is....you are speaking of Goverments, Big buisness, Greedy Officers and coverups of criminal behavior.

The group that controls all that is E.T. has a higher security clearance than THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. Their job is to keep E.T. underwraps and this includes not informing a President except on a need to know basis. They essentially are the vanguards for a treaty that was formed durring IKES andministration and IKE....knowing how Congress and other people of the goverment and buisnesses that delt with the military s well as the FBI and even the Joint Cheifs....had a propensity not to be able to keep their mouths shut....he once pondered how many GI's died because an opperation or plans for a weapon or strategic information....was leaked by these people....and somehow was given to the enemy.

He KNEW that the existance of E.T. and recovered Alien High Tech. could not be trusted with people via the usual channels and methods....thus was born...The Agency. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

I did provide a reason why in the question.

Why would you want to hide the existence of Black people?

I really hate that you have chosen this analogy but I would have to respond....because you were either a racist or had racist friends and perhaps your love of auto detailing surpased your hatred of Blacks so you had a Black person come to your home and was working in your garage doing very fine work on your car....when all of a sudden...a few of your super racist friends dropped by and you closed the garage door so they could not se the color of another Human Beings skin.....as it would embarrass you.

I can tollerate insults or putdown raised upon me....but I think...unlike you....when the bullets start flying and shells start dropping....the last thing on your mind is....what is the color of the persons skin who has my back?

You may say you did not intend this as a racist comment....but I view it otherwise. There are virtually a million plus other analogies you could have picked yet you chose this one. I am not amused. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
First, you should prove that there is a cover up before asking if it is good or bad thing.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Cool story bro.

My record speaks for itself.

I ask again. Why would you hide the existence of ETs? I really don't see this as any different than trying to hide the existence of Black people. It's stupid.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
Well assuming there is a cover up and there's nothing but hearsay that says there is. I think it would be a bad thing because people need to know and should the "aliens" turn nasty it would be best that we already know that they're here.

That's assuming of course that there is aliens coming to earth and there is no proof that they are.
edit on 18-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

Steve....if I have not said this to you before....check the 1950's Washington DC newspaper articles and interviews when UFO's....and they were E.T. craft....did MASSIVE FLYOVERS for weeks of our nations capitol. In the old newspapers...there are interviews with just about everyone of import in Government, Military, Civil Defense, Scientists, Physicists...you name it....on what their opinion was on how to handle this invasion of airspace.

Documentation of actual USAF interceptor DOGFIGHTS or attemps to shoot one of these craft down....and at one point....they even considered using a low yield NUCLEAR TIPED AIR TO AIR MISSLE. This information is public and anyone can look at it.

Also look at files that were found...by accident....burried in the Dept. of Agriculture records as when the FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT....was about to take effect....someone forgot that the old 1940's and 1950's files were still stored on paper documents....they had little time and stuffed them in a place that they figured no one would look for anything to do with E.T.

In these files....there are letters that were sent to and from then FBI director J.Edgar Hoover and General Curtis LeMay....founder of SAC and made the famous....Bomb them back to the Stone Age....remark. Hoover wanted access to the recovered E.T. material and Alien Bodies from the Roswell Incident....LeMay had everything shipped to Wright Patterson...the U.S. center for reverse engineering anything that is not U.S. Tech. There are numerous letters between the two and IKE finally killed the arguement and put Hoover in his place. Truman was President at the time...but defered this to IKE to handle. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I truly don't believe there is a coverup. I think that people see things they can't explain, and assign the 'flying saucer' hypothesis all too frequently. I believe the governments/military of this planet have come to the same conclusion.
reply to post by BagBing

I do not believe there is a cover up either per say. Certainly not pertaining to the "flying saucer/alien hypothesis". I do however believe in military secrecy surround new technologies and the testing of and to think otherwise is perhaps a little naive. In a world where corporations rather than nations stand together it is not surprising that secrets are kept.

If E.T's existed and that is certainly a possibility, I sincerely doubt that the people in the know could stop them should they want to make themselves known to the world. There are way too many what ifs that go hand in hand with a glaring lack of evidence that makes me think that it is possible there is no cover up. There is just no evidence to support the reason for a cover up in the first place.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

You are spot on with how people react to even much smaller problems or issues....where I live...in Western Mass...we had a massive Halloween snow storm that dumped between a foot to 18 inches of heavy snow on trees that still had leaves on them.

The trees snapped under the weight and we lost power for some 7 days for others 14 day. After a few days had gone by....and in this area....we have never lost power for this long in MY LIFETIME....people started to FREEK. They became like animals....stealing other peoples generators....driving down roades that were blocked off by linesmen with cones....but they were pissed and just started acting like it was the end of the world.

Imagine what peoples reaction would be to find out about a coverup and the Existance of not just one but several known and many unknown races od Aliens. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic

I don't believe there is anything to cover up or anything being covered up. E.T.'s are not what's being covered up. Many think because there was an unexplained Flying Saucer incident that there must be some E.T. cover up. Aliens are fake. All of the E.T. crap is Hollywood. The Saucers are the cover up, why? I don't know.

Look at my post to Steve a few post up from this one on where to find actual documented Government Proof....as well as mass media coverage of an event with interviews....then google this.....then tell me there is no proof. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MollyStewart

I truly don't believe there is a coverup. I think that people see things they can't explain, and assign the 'flying saucer' hypothesis all too frequently. I believe the governments/military of this planet have come to the same conclusion.
reply to post by BagBing

I do not believe there is a cover up either per say. Certainly not pertaining to the "flying saucer/alien hypothesis". I do however believe in military secrecy surround new technologies and the testing of and to think otherwise is perhaps a little naive. In a world where corporations rather than nations stand together it is not surprising that secrets are kept.

If E.T's existed and that is certainly a possibility, I sincerely doubt that the people in the know could stop them should they want to make themselves known to the world. There are way too many what ifs that go hand in hand with a glaring lack of evidence that makes me think that it is possible there is no cover up. There is just no evidence to support the reason for a cover up in the first place.

Molly....as I have said to several posters....look up a few posts and see what I posted to Steve....it will give you all the proof you need....check it out....it is public record....and it is official goverment files...released by our goverment on a fluke find and request. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
They WANT you to think there's a "coverup" when there's really not.

The public, along with so-called alien conspiracy theorists, are being setup for a false flag alien event.

Don't fall for it when it happens!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Reagan was in the loop

That is why he started the Star Wars program

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
They WANT you to think there's a "coverup" when there's really not.

The public, along with so-called alien conspiracy theorists, are being setup for a false flag alien event.

Don't fall for it when it happens!

I know for a fact....there is not going to be a False Flag Alien Event. And unless something highly unlikely happens....like a Roswell type crash again in Times square....we will not see disclosure in our lifetimes or or Grandkids lifetimes.

As I told severl other posters....look a few posts above at my Reply to Steve....it gives you the exact details and places to look...which is all public knowledge and Government documentation....for all the proof you will need.

Give it a look and get back to me. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Imagine what peoples reaction would be to find out about a coverup and the Existance of not just one but several known and many unknown races od Aliens. Split Infinity

That was my point.I watch the reaction of people and i know that they are not ready for major changes.If the existance of aliens is proven to the general public,people will start kill each other,before they start fighting the aliens.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join