It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking for members opinions...Do you think the Coverup of existance of E.T. to be good or bad?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Well no I meant it. In all the years of showing people stuff, the number of skeptics increases. and the believers will latch onto anything and everything. Take 2012 for example...

What if the truth is that there really are no aliens at all and the whole thing is a CIA plot to cover black ops?

IF that is true... how many will accept that truth?

But that isn't the truth.

As I said above, the public perception of UFOs and the perception of the "UFO community" has been manipulated. There has been a pretence to cover up what certain interest groups want people to believe. I gave the example of Bennewitz earlier in the thread but there are plenty of others. Lots of us have been fed disinformation as you know Zorgon.

However, there are aliens behind the noise, in my opinion and their presence has been hushed up. Certain RAF personnel are pretty sure of it. The trouble is what most "UFOlogists" think are the best cases are black operations, snowscreens and hoaxes with a few exceptions.

To sum up, the CIA and other alphabet agencies have created a lot of what is popularly believed to be the "UFO Story". What shocks me is practically nobody else has come on this thread and said the same. That tells me that someone is pretty good at their job and also that not many in the know are in a position to say what I'm saying.

There goes Pimander, thinking he knows I hear members think. I'll say this in response. Where do you think most of the UFO story comes from? The UFO community (especially the British and US UFO groups)? Well those groups have been practically run by intelligence so that story is heavily coloured by intelligence. It's as simple as that.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I don't frequent this forum often, even though I too have had experiences and seen things I can't explain.

If there is a coverup, I think Tommy Lee Jones' answer to Will Smith in the first MIB is the best thing said about it. When Smith's character says, "Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it. "

Kay counters:

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

Another time in the movie Jay fires his weapon in public and yells there's no time for coverup bs. Kay counters again:

There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT!

Perhaps the writers were on to something.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I see your point, and I agree that your concept is a valid possibility. I must reiterate that I think the premise of the thread is awesome. Great idea....

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I believe the role of the ET's visiting us, one of the races anyway, is to travel the galaxy finding planets capable of supporting advanced biological life, mapping the place so to speak.
The next task they have is finding advanced bipeds and tweaking their genetics over time, that they remain adapted to their habitat, but their brain power expands incredibly.
Once a tipping point is reached, their bodies can become containers for souls.
This is then the birth of a new civilisation.
This is the task allocated to them.
Ensure an ongoing supply of soul containers.
Who they work for, this is the real big question,
and the solution will impact greatly on our religious beliefs.
The other ET races are here on their own agendas,
and are only bit players in the overall scheme of things.
edit on 18/12/11 by Donegal_TDI because: to edit

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
Some say they cannot interfere. That's from Star trek. If there is indeed a treaty between our governments and extra terrestrial entities engaged in a cover-up then it's up to no good and those aliens aren't as friendly as we would be supposed to think they'd be.

Just my opinion.

Gene Roddenbury supposedly put bits and pieces of reality into ST after getting inside information. It's commonly accepted knowledge in ufo circles that Hollywood was seeded with not only dysinformation but also truth... which we all know is much stranger than fiction.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
Both the existence of ET and any supposed cover up are your belief. That don't make it fact.

You don't know whether it's a fact so you are making a blind assertion.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

The reasoning behind half of the things said here makes no sense. 99% of the general population who finds interest or skepticism does amateur research at best to uncover more about this topic. So I won't sit here and argue for or against the existence. Staying ON TOPIC- The reason is not about creating panic, since they were FOR that in the first place. Control is the ultimate purpose.

Control over populations- Originally secrecy was important because of wartime efforts and competition against other nations, but overtime fear began to play a large role, because what would it mean if the world found out their governments were keeping such secrets from them? It would create large scale reformations of government, which we can discuss in a whole new thread.

Control over the mind of the individual- If they were revealed, what would that mean from a religious perspective? How would that radically alter the way we perceive our realities and history? Who could we trust if our religious texts were shown to be incomplete? How would philosophy of mind and spirit be altered afterwards? How would we see eachother at the level of ethnicity and nations? How would it affect borderlines and identification of the individual in relation to other extraterrestrial life-forms?

These are all variables which are held in strong check right now by invisible forces on our planet. All would shatter completely if such information is revealed.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
So we make contact, start getting their technology, and promptly destroy ourselves a few years early.

that's a very human outlook. I believe "advanced" by default means they are either above all that stuff and have no need to even address it or possibly that there is actually some kind of cultural code they all abide by.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I think it can be a good thing because even I as someone who is convinced that we're not the only intelligent, bipedal humanoid species in the universe (through logical thinking because an expanse as vast shouldn't have just one planet where life exists) gets terrified at the thought of coming face to face with a being that may be non-terrestrial or not of this dimension.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

that's a very human outlook. I believe "advanced" by default means they are either above all that stuff and have no need to even address it or possibly that there is actually some kind of cultural code they all abide by.
reply to post by bottleslingguy

It may be, but its a very realistic outlook. If the military industrial complex was suddenly privy to "super science" of an advanced civilization, are you willing to state that they wouldn't use it to build ultra lethal weaponry? From a "human" perspective I think they would. And I base that on the observation that almost every scientific discovery ever made has been used to create things to more efficiently kill people.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Anyone that doesn't think that there are advanced alien life forms in the universe is a moron. These people think we are the only life anywhere? That's the height of arrogance in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

In any case....I am of the opinion that it must stay covered up. If my posts convince you to the contrary or make you feel that this is all about protecting U.S. Military secrets....then so be it. It is better for people not to know anyways. I know...and believe me...you don't want to know. Split Infinity

Thanks for your response and yes skepticism is healthy especially in leiu of solid scientifically verifiable evidence. I certainly do not discount professionals in the aviation industry or pilot testimony by any means and never claimed that. I am suggesting that it is more than possible/probable that the phenomena they are encountering is terrestrial in nature. I am of the opinion that the alien phenomena is not at all what it appears to be, has an agenda that is fueled and flamed and that all papers, reports and written encounters have the perspectives, opinions, thoughts and biases of the author.

I do not however discount the possibility of Aliens, I want to make that very clear. You say that people do not want to know and I disagree. People would want to know and logical, rational minds would certainly be able to handle that should evidence present itself to that particular reality. In this day and age people are more than capable of not going off the deep end, able to reconcile things that are new with what they already know and update outdated theories and concepts.

If you have some inside knowledge my friend or some hard evidence that you are privy to that others interested in the subject are not aware of and withholding for fear of what you perceive to be the fragile minds of others, then I guess you are an advocate for cover up on this topic. Once people get in the habit of covering things up, the easier it gets to justify cover ups in other areas of life/reality. In my opinion.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
You have to be seriously gullible and naive to believe that we have proof of actual space aliens visiting our planet.

There is indeed a "UFO phenomenon," but it ain't "space aliens." That's what they WANT you to think, and you're all falling for it! lol

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I could never understand why in the era of smartphones where most people can record any mysterious objects there are just no videos on youtube as evidence. This proves to me that real alien craft don't exist. All you see are lights in the dark sky which do not even move from point A to point B like they are supposed to with their anti gravity engines.

It is very sad but it seems the universe is so large that aliens just don't visit that often.

If aliens visited us there would be at least 2-3 real daylight videos which would prove that.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
You have to be seriously gullible and naive to believe that we have proof of actual space aliens visiting our planet.

There is indeed a "UFO phenomenon," but it ain't "space aliens." That's what they WANT you to think, and you're all falling for it! lol

The "they" that perpetrate the "phenomenon" you refer to ( but don't say outright ) is the devil, right? Trying to confuse us? The devil you have no proof of either except 2000 year old story book? The devil you didn't name in your post because if you did you would be without proof for your claims as well. Where do you think the angels and the devils are from any way? Earth?(LOL)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This is an excellent question which I regularly ask myself: should everyone know? What is our ultimate goal? For me, our goal is to save the Earth going to self destruction. Would ET disclosure help us save ourselves?

Free energy? I think that covering up ET have wider consequences. In particular, they are covering up FREE ENERGY devices and technologies, and this cover up of free energy technology is greatly helped by the fact that ETs "don't exist" - because if they existed, the first thing I'd want to know is how they can pack enough "fuel" to travel to the stars. If ETs were disclosed, how many mechanical, sofware, electrical engineers would start researching free energy that they didn't know were possible?
However, if FREE ENERGY cannot be contained and we are going to kill ourselves with it, then this is not desired.

Benevolent ETs If ETs are benevolent and here to keep the peace in the universe (which is what many contactees are told) then we should all know about this. Abductions are OK, they don't happen that often and often don't cause ill effects. If this is the price to pay to keep Earth alive It's OK with me....

and Evil ETs? If some ETs are evil, I also want to know. If reptilians or other evil races are doing bad things on earth, if they are linked to some "families / genetic bloodlines" etc. then we need to know (because ignoring it means we can't make things better).

my dream In my dream world, I would want a full disclosure of Aliens, Full disclosure of free energy (assuming it can be safely handled), and I also dream that MONSANTO and other evil corporations are found to have links with bad ETs. It would justify all the evil they are doing on earth.... and would finally give us a good excuse to try and destroy all these bad guys

but why don't they disclose.... Probably there is a lot more to it that we don't know about. They do not disclose, because something must be too shocking to hear. But what is it? I want to know, I can take it!!!
edit on 18-12-2011 by pascalt because: Make the post less confusing

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

You write making it feel like you know everything about the Alien phenomena - have you actually read any book about it?

There ARE space aliens just like there are Black projects UFOs.

There ARE space crafts on NASA videos, UFO have been seen to destroy a missile in space, and HUNDREDS of other proof (radar traces, military reports of UFO hovering over nuclear missiles etc.)

I propose that you read a book such as ALIEN AGENDA by Jim Marrs, it might open your mind on this topic....

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kavaron
I could never understand why in the era of smartphones where most people can record any mysterious objects there are just no videos on youtube as evidence. This proves to me that real alien craft don't exist. All you see are lights in the dark sky which do not even move from point A to point B like they are supposed to with their anti gravity engines.

It is very sad but it seems the universe is so large that aliens just don't visit that often.

If aliens visited us there would be at least 2-3 real daylight videos which would prove that.

I hear you... but imagine technology so far advanced, computer and sensor technology so "out there", we don't begin to comprehend it. This Technology cloaks their actions, monitors the space they are in and detects any electromagnetic signals like phones batteries, even bio - signals (like people) preventing us from being aware or capturing them. And then insure that any real contact remains "deleted" from public record.

They are very busy all around us all the time and we are as clueless as a bunch of vegetables in a garden discussing wether or not there are "gardeners".

Unless, of course, they "reveal" themselves. They choose where, who and when beforehand. If you were to become fully aware suddenly, you might melt like a snow flake in a furnace.
edit on 18-12-2011 by intrptr because: spelling...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

We cannot answer such a question as we do not know if there is indeed a cover up and if there is we still cannot answer unless we have more information about the beings themselfs.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It does good and bad things but more bad in my opinion. If everyone knew about their existence it would help everyone create a better future and people would resist the paradigms that have been put upon us. People would no longer trust in the liers we call our governments and things would actually get done. Maybe new technology would be introduced that manifests anything one desires so there would no longer be any need for financial slavery. A bad thing would be panic and chaos in the world leading to more violence.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join