It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking for members opinions...Do you think the Coverup of existance of E.T. to be good or bad?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

fair enough bro, that was just my personal opinion aye. Im not from america so i was just assuming that the americans would probably have the most to answer for in terms of a cover up. also i was just making another assumption that ETs would be in posession of free energy tech..

But seriously dont you think that it would be far more convenient and practical for any government to feign ignorance rather than admit to years of dishonesty and subversivness which in turn would bring into question all manner of things? To each their own i suppose

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
I am trying to get an idea on how this group...ie...people who post on a E.T. and UFO board....thinks about this topic. I would like to see how many think the coverup is a good thing or a bad thing for the sake of Humanity and if so...why they believe so. Split Infinity

I'm not seen on the UFO boards often, but that is more a lack of new material to hash out than a lack of core interest. In keeping to that line of thought in answering your question posed here...I think the cover-up, assuming it is how we perceive it to be (important qualifier), is the single worst and most damaging event in the history of mankind. Bar None. Full Stop.

Could not have worded it better myself. If UFO's/Alien Life forms were hidden from the public for so long it is a massive deception by the forces that would cite "prevention of mass panic" as their reasoning. I think the governments know more than they are letting on.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillyTJames
reply to post by steveknows

fair enough bro, that was just my personal opinion aye. Im not from america so i was just assuming that the americans would probably have the most to answer for in terms of a cover up. also i was just making another assumption that ETs would be in posession of free energy tech..

But seriously dont you think that it would be far more convenient and practical for any government to feign ignorance rather than admit to years of dishonesty and subversivness which in turn would bring into question all manner of things? To each their own i suppose

I see your point my kiwi cuz bit considor this. Any government who came out now and said strait to the public there's aliens visiting earth and here's the proof would be the government that leads the world into our first diplomatic relations with another intelligence and might very well wind up being the preferd trading partner with them.

Might be a chance to good to miss.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Originally posted by pascalt

Either 1) you are lying and have not read many legit books about the phenomena,

How are you defining "legit"?

"Legit" I call the thousands of witnesses from all over the world, who are either contactees, been abducted, witnessed craft (alien or man made), radar traces, military reporting many different types of intervention (crafts following planes, craft disintegrating missiles in the atmosphere, etc), civil air pilots & crew reporting seeing cigar shaped UFO, doctors/engineers/teachers/farmers from so many countries having witnessed crafts flying, aliens walking, in UK crop circles being made in less than 30 minutes...
There are also thousands of pictures, including some from NASA, showing UFOs, and even videos...

Maybe all these phenomena are holograms from black ops and we are all inside a computer generated matrix, or maybe these thousands of people are partly right and have seen and interacted with other beings.

Now I understand that in your world all of these evidences are fake and all these people are either lying, were sleeping, are crazy, or are disinfo agents....

However I think that it would be IMPOSSIBLE to lie with such consistency across the world, across cultures...

I will not be trying to convince you more in this thread but if you have some time, I can recommend the book Alien Agenda. The title is very misleading since it actually does not talk about their global agenda much, but instead presents the most convincing cases of UFOlogy with a lot of research and references. Must read if you are ready to learn the facts about Aliens www.amazon.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I think it's a bad thing. No good can come from lies and deception, and if there's a problem, we can't deal with it and move forward until the coverup ends.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Either 1) you are lying and have not read many legit books about the phenomena,

How are you defining "legit"?

"Legit" I call the thousands of witnesses from all over the world, who are either contactees, been abducted, witnessed craft (alien or man made), radar traces, military reporting many different types of intervention (crafts following planes, craft disintegrating missiles in the atmosphere, etc), civil air pilots & crew reporting seeing cigar shaped UFO, doctors/engineers/teachers/farmers from so many countries having witnessed crafts flying, aliens walking, in UK crop circles being made in less than 30 minutes...
There are also thousands of pictures, including some from NASA, showing UFOs, and even videos...

The question was how are you defining legit BOOKS. There is clearly a UFO phenomenon. Whether or not it is the result of extraterrestrial visitation has not been proven. There is quite a bit of nonsense out there. You have to maintain some component of skepticism as with all paranormal research.

Now I understand that in your world all of these evidences are fake and all these people are either lying, were sleeping, are crazy, or are disinfo agents....

How do you know what my "world" is? How do you know what I think about the subject? I've been interested in UFOs for 30 years and have read quite a few books in the canon going back to the fifties and including Alien Agenda. I've seen things in the sky I can't explain. So don't make assumptions about my "world" based on six months research.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I think that disclosure might be a moderate to a major disruption to life as we know it depending on how much there is to disclose exactly.

If, for example, the full knowledge of disclosure is equal to the full degree of the narrative in the popular domain, then highly destabilizing.

By that I mean the following:

If it is in fact true that there are bases where ET's collaborate with humans in human experiments, and this was disclosed, that would be VERY disruptive and I agree it has to be covered up for the sake of stability.

If they disclosed that there was in fact a cover up and that it went on for very long, they can clearly spin that in ways that minimize disruption (i.e. blame people no longer in charge)

If all they disclose is that there are visitors, that they come very infrequently, that the probability of even witnessing anything is substantially lower than being struck by lighting, I think it would be substantially less disruptive than, say, 9-11. People would be unproductive at work for a few days, then everything would go back to normal for most of the population.

If disclosure included any actual footage or first hand experience of ET's and if in fact these ET's are a-moral hive minded zen's who have no problem at all dissecting a person while alive (for lack of a better description) That would be highly destabilizing, at least until they can put into perspective, that gang crime is far more cruel than alien on human violence as a result of experimentation.

Highly curious types (like, say me, or any other scientifically / technically minded) would probably be deeply affected by the vast amount of knowledge that we don't yet have and probably be disrupted for longer, as they (we) seek more and more information on a subject that we are severely constrained in terms of how quickly we can gather intelligence and scientific knowledge. But would still eventually move on.

I also have to say, the mindset of those in charge of maintaining the cover-up, most of whom have military / defense or intelligence gathering backgrounds, is biased by their line of work and by their overall perception.

People whose job is to identify threats will, by nature, perceive disclosure as far more threatening as it probably would be.

If you were to ask those same types how devastating something like 9 - 11 would be, they probably would have expected total collapse of the markets, etc, etc. That did not happen (at least not as a direct result) most people bounced back in a matter of days, except for those directly affected by first hand tragedy.

As far as how would my life be better or worse with disclosure, confirmation of what I have a strong hunch would probably not affect me very much emotionally, although it would open more hunger for knowledge that could be disruptive to my work, etc.

*RELEASE* of technologies for the purpose of research by the overall scientific / engineering community would probably revolutionize energy technologies and by direct result generate massive amounts of wealth (real wealth, not monetary, because energy is wealth)

As a result of this we probably would ramp up the rate at which we produce crap and trash the planet and probably hit another yet to be discovered bottleneck in our development a lot sooner.

Because the overall mindset is still to colonize further, we would not have any reservations using up our resources as fast as energy technologies would allow it. In the process the wealth would be somewhat spread for a while, but then the trash would also spread, then technology to process the trash would be created, then more trash would be created, then we would move to mars, then people would live longer, but then the population would be very old, and so on and so forth.

Change would be very rapid.

-rrr

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Zaradia

I know a bit more about this than the average person....but I have never heard of or ben told of any of the Known races o E.T....wanting or having a desire to help us. The general consensus is they are still pissed off that we have a few things of theirs and would like them back.

This is understandable....given that to allow an nonsufficently evolved race access to advanced tech...could be disasterous. Of the little I know....non-use of this tech. is a must...as part of the deal. Split Infinity

I do believe that ET is probably here and that the US (and other) military know some stuff about this that they are covering up. But I am a bit on the skeptic side as far as the US being in possession of "alien technology" recovered from Roswell or other alleged crashes.

The reason for this skepticism is not the idea that alien craft could not crash, just the idea that they wouldn't know about it and retrieve their hardware if this occurred. My feeling is that if the US military DID recover alien technology at Roswell (or other alleged crashes), then this was probably a case of deliberate seeding of alien technology to humans.

I do think that the military is hiding some secrets, but unless we are on the verge of open contact, I'm not sure we have much to gain as a planet from revealing this. In ethical terms, yes, I think they should tell us. Maybe that would propel our civilization to a new level of consciousness and maybe it would trigger open contact. But I figure it must be the aliens themselves who will decide when we are ready for such contact.

Of course, I am not absolutely certain that they are here, but I think it is likely, just based on personal experiences.

edit on 19-12-2011 by bluestreak53 because: fix html format

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Steve....if I have not said this to you before....check the 1950's Washington DC newspaper articles and interviews when UFO's....and they were E.T. craft....did MASSIVE FLYOVERS for weeks of our nations capitol. In the old newspapers...there are interviews with just about everyone of import in Government, Military, Civil Defense, Scientists, Physicists...you name it....on what their opinion was on how to handle this invasion of airspace.

Documentation of actual USAF interceptor DOGFIGHTS or attemps to shoot one of these craft down....and at one point....they even considered using a low yield NUCLEAR TIPED AIR TO AIR MISSLE. This information is public and anyone can look at it.

Also look at files that were found...by accident....burried in the Dept. of Agriculture records as when the FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT....was about to take effect....someone forgot that the old 1940's and 1950's files were still stored on paper documents....they had little time and stuffed them in a place that they figured no one would look for anything to do with E.T.

In these files....there are letters that were sent to and from then FBI director J.Edgar Hoover and General Curtis LeMay....founder of SAC and made the famous....Bomb them back to the Stone Age....remark. Hoover wanted access to the recovered E.T. material and Alien Bodies from the Roswell Incident....LeMay had everything shipped to Wright Patterson...the U.S. center for reverse engineering anything that is not U.S. Tech. There are numerous letters between the two and IKE finally killed the arguement and put Hoover in his place. Truman was President at the time...but defered this to IKE to handle. Split Infinity

Going back to the 1950s, I think there were possibly several incidents where Air Force pilots and craft were abducted by aliens. One of the more notable, was the Kinross Incident from November, 1953. What I have wondered, was what was the motivation for these abductions? Was this perhaps just a signal to the Air Force to "back off" in the aggressive encounters? You would think that they wouldn't have that need if their technology was far advanced beyond human technology.

In the case of Kinross, I found it interesting that one pilot heard what sounded like an "accidental radio transmission" from the pilot of the missing plane about forty minutes after the interceptor disappeared from radar. I have often wondered if this radio transmission was recorded by the aliens and later rebroadcast with the intention of sending the signal to the USAF that the aliens had indeed "captured their plane and crew".

Of course, there are other possible explanations, but it still is a mystery.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
At the present time..... the ET coverup is bad for mankind, because it creates a false sense of reality into peoples mind's, that we still need to depend on fossil fuels in jet airliners. Whereas, if the U.S. revealed the existence of ET visitation here on Earth, the price of oil would probably instantly drop at least $50 a barrel. But noooo.... TPTB, say we cain't have that!!!
edit on 19-12-2011 by Erno86 because: added a few words

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
You're assuming that ETs are real.

Personally, I don't know if they are or not. It certainly makes for a good piece of misdirection when the government wants to trot out a new piece of exotic hardware and people manage to see it. Ooh, look, a UFO!!

I also think we have bigger fish to fry right now. ET can wait on the back burner as far as I am concerned.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Great question.

1. There's no way . . . particularly over the last 60+ years . . . that the MSM has done anything but help set up the Biblical GREAT DECEPTION of the END TIMES vis a vis the UFO/ET/fallen angel set of events, constructs, technologies, memes, etc.

2. On that score . . . I consider it destructive because it is only displaying the script written in hell to seduce and delude individuals, nations--indeed, the planet--away from God Almighty. I think the Book of Enoch is instructive on such scores as is Guy Malone and his extensive panel of experts:

www.AncientOfDays.net...

www.AlienResistance.org...

3. It is also insane in a number of respects. Even senior military whistle blowers persistently assert that the critters LIE, LIE, LIE. Yet, the globalist oligarchy swallows their contradictory swill hook line and sinker greedily sucking up for crumbs of exotic technologies. They would sell their grandmother to the torturers in exchange for technologies feeding their greed for !POWER!

4. The MSM does NOT TELL THE TRUTH about the phenomena--much less THE WHOLE TRUTH. Therefore, what they do tell is at best gross distortions, full of disinformation and usually a brazen list of lies. Since when does a list of brazen lies contribute to the social good?

5. The carefully calibrated interative, incrimental disclosure over the decades--involving media of every kind including movies, TV etc. . . . has carefully set the stage for the whole planet to be snookered into a tyrannical global government aided abetted supported and controlled by exotic fallen angel technologies and tyrannies. And the citizens will likely be 'thankful' that the 'good-cop' segment of the critters is saving them from the 'bad-cop' segment of critters . . . in exchange, of course, for a totally tyrannical global government that monitors their every action and word, if not their every thought 24/7/365.

6. St Paul was right . . . even if an angel of light from Heaven comes preaching ANY other Gospel . . . consider him accursed. And cursed the critters are--as well as anyone who throws their lot in with them.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

PERSONALLY

I believe it will be a sad and dreadful day when MORE overt, nightly news type levels of pretend "complete" 'disclosure' occurs.

LIfe will never be the same again--for at least 3.5-7 or so years. .

The level of tyranny shortly following such increased levels of disclosure will be many times worse than the horrors we already observe routinely.

All those not choosing to get on that bandwagon will be seen as neanderthals worthy only of the death camps to get them out of the way of the NEW WORLD ORDER . . . the NEW AGE . . . of "Enlightenment" and screwing everything that wiggles wherever, whenever, however . . . Until the new tyranny declares an end to that party, too. They just use such seductions to destroy the old order. They know that building a new order can't tolerate such chaos.

So, no. I don't look forward to a fuller disclosure. I'd rather it waited another 25-30 years when I'd have graduated from this life, most likely.

However, the trend curve lines don't look like they'll delay anywhere near that long.

Thankfully, I'm increasingly convinced that the PRE-TRIB Rapture is the most Biblical interpretation of such things. That would be most welcome. MARANATHA.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash

I am trying to get an idea on how this group...ie...people who post on a E.T. and UFO board....thinks about this topic. I would like to see how many think the coverup is a good thing or a bad thing for the sake of Humanity and if so...why they believe so. Split Infinity

First, define the terms "good" and "bad". Then I will answer your question. I don't think that the meanings of those terms are as simple as you think they are.

Well....that is why I am keeping it so open ended as to get an idea upon how YOU feel if this is a what level of detriment or benifit or even if you consider it a grey area or all of the above. People have varying degrees on what words like good and bad mean...it is by experience that they judge such things.

I know that a person who has been sheltered all their life and missing an appointment for a manicure or missing a fishing trip....for them....is like the END OF THE WORLD! opposed to certain people of greater experience or people who have grown up in a harsh or violent enviroment....or people like me....I grew up in a Military and "CIVILIAN" family and was constantly around Colonels and Generals as well as watch how a GRUNT would be treated after commiting....in most peoples minds....a very minor error....but I remember being with my cousin and watching a Master Sergeant scream and insult a newbie who for no real reason other that to harden this 18 year old kid....called him every name in the book and had him do 50 pushups with a boot firmly and heavily pushed down on the grunts back.

My cousin started to cry....I had seen this before and admired the young soldiers fortitude as he did the pushups while yelling out loud the numbers.

In this example....I am showing how people view what is right and wrong by experience and by understanding an action....I knew ther Sarge....was only trying to help the young soldier....even though my cousin thought Sarge was a BAD MAN and he hated him! So for my cousin....as it pertains to this topic....It is impossible for me to get a usable and undrstandable response of good and bad....if I am the one defining what is good or bad.

I was shot in the chest on a job.....and I thought I was going to DIE! And it HURT LIKE HELL! Also...contrary to popular belief....your life does not flash before your eyes. The first words that came to mind as well out of my mouth as I KNEW I was about to get shot was....OH...S#!%! That's it! The very next thought was...even before I wanted to check on how bad my wounds were as I was conscious....was....and I said it out loud to my buddy....Hand me my Rifle! I am going to KILL that SOB!....shortly after an event that happened next that I will not talk about.....I felt the pain! Pain like you can never imagine.....your adreniline as well as initial shock blocks out the pain for a short time....but when it starts....it just keeps increacing until you get Morphed.

My point is....bad for me....cannot be compared for bad for someone who has not had similar experiences....that is why it is up to you to describe what and how good or bad you believe it is. Split Infinity

You said a couple different thing here. The first seemed to equate 'good' and 'bad' with 'benefit' and 'detriment'. Benefit and detriment to what/whom? Did you see the 2009 version of the movie The Day The Earth Stood Still? The alien said 'I am here to save the Earth'. What he was REALLY saying was that all the humans had to die because we are the ones who are killing it. (If you are not familiar with the current rate of species extinction due to human activities, look it up.) I think that the alien's point is valid. So was that alien being 'good' or 'bad'? He was trying to save the whole Earth, right? I suppose it all depends on how 'homocentric' your point of view is. If, like most people you have been succcessfully conditioned to believe that humans are the Masters of The Universe created in 'God's image' and put here to conquer and dominate the world then I imagine you would say 'bad'. On the other hand if you can see that we are just a cog in the wheel of life along with all the other living things on this planet - our one and only home - then your view might be different.

The second part you said is more about judging. I suppose I tend not to judge in such simple terms as 'good' and 'bad' because those terms are very black and white and I know that the real world is 'color'. Things are not so clear cut and my thinking is much more sophisticated than that. If ET's ARE here then there is way too much I don't know about why, though I am sure that if they wanted to kill us all it would be a simple matter for them to do so, so I guess they are not here for that reason. The whole thing is very mysterious like many things in life...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

BOTH for some are receptive to new learnings of their EXISTENCE and wont lose their mentals during DISCLOSURE, why others are not receptive due to FEAR or other reasons and may not be able to handle the KNOWLEDGE and may go crazy. So its a both answer for me some can take it some cannot.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DiddlyDeePotatoes

I know you have no way of detemining my next statement to be true but I will for this one occasion....ask you to Trust Me On This One.

Yes...I am a Citizen of The United States of America.....and as for the FEW as you have mentioned....holding in their hands Tech. and Knowledge that is of a Super Advanced Nature....you may THANK GOD....whether you do or do not believe in such things...or thank chance....that it is my native Country....and a Agency of....that are of the sole....KEEPERS OF THE GATES KEY.

The alternatives are to terible to contemplate. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ewok_Boba

Boba...I wish there were more people like you...those who think for themselves and want Determination of Will....unfortunately...there are few.

The one bit of advice...if you deem it to be....I can give is...don't make the mistake of believing that Govermens and Buisness and the other examples you have given....have anything to do with this issue....because they don't.

People are perfectly capable of changing things for the better....if they get off their asses!

The Agency...has nothing to do with the evils you list. They are the Vanguard. They are incorruptble. Yes...they are secret and anything that is so must be suspect. But....they are not responsible for the inequities you post. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MollyStewart

Molly....all I can say to your very polite and intelligent post is....Everyone want's to know....even DEMANDS to know....until they know. Then they wish they didn't know. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pascalt

So also did I think. It always starts with wide eyed woder and excitement and dreams of possibilities. Then next comes the information....then all of the previous metioned changes to worry, dread....and bewilderment. The reality of something is rarely what a person invisions.

Wonderous...Grandure...sure....but with Huge Oppertunity comes Massive risk. The hardest thing of all to deal with is your own ego. I am smart...very smart....and have a Huge Ego....well...some people cannot deal with some realities and what was once a very actionable, can doer....turns into a....I am very smaller!

The Key to dealing with such form of a reality is in a persons ability to adapt. A company once had a slogan...Either adapt tp rapid changes or loose out! In this case....Either adapt to rapid changes of perception and understanding that you will NEVER...no matter how hard you try...or how hard you study....will NEVER UNDERSTAND!

If you can deal with this concept...and many people have said they could but they could not....and without having the Glimpse...such as I have had....you will neve know if you can or cannot deal. Believe me...there has been DECADES of study on how to prepare individuals....who were needed....and were asked to be a part...and they tried EVERYTHING they could to prepare a person...but nothing works.

You either DEAL....or you shut down. THAT is the worry about DISCLOSURE! Everything and everyone just....shutting down....like turning off a light switch. So be careful what you wish for! Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
If there actually are aliens out there somewhere and somebody is keeping that a secret, I don't have any problem with it. I think it's a good thing, at least for the immediate future.

I've tried to imagine the result of what learning of the existence of aliens would be on the world, and I think like most people here that it would depend on how close these aliens are and what they're up to. If we manage to find a signal from an alien civilization 100,000 light years away, people might be fascinated by it, but they wouldn't immediately panic. That's pretty far away. If it turns out they're living on the back side of the Moon and have fleets ready to show up in our skies, obviously, that might cause people to go nuts in the streets.

If somebody knows, and they have a choice, they might want to tell people that the aliens are really, really far away to begin with, even if they have to lie. That might give people time to get used to the idea. A hundred years might be long enough time. Later they can spring it on people that the aliens are able to contact us now, directly.

Even so, it's a pretty big deal. Oh, sure, a lot of folks say they would welcome the aliens, but that's easy to say when they're hypothetical. Real aliens in our backyards would be terrifying, no matter what.

Hey, maybe that's what the Masons are waiting for. Maybe one of these days they'll send out a press release saying, "You know that super big secret we've been keeping all these years? Well, it's aliens. Surprise!"

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join