It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking for members opinions...Do you think the Coverup of existance of E.T. to be good or bad?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I am trying to get an idea on how this group...ie...people who post on a E.T. and UFO board....thinks about this topic. I would like to see how many think the coverup is a good thing or a bad thing for the sake of Humanity and if so...why they believe so. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I truly don't believe there is a coverup. I think that people see things they can't explain, and assign the 'flying saucer' hypothesis all too frequently. I believe the governments/military of this planet have come to the same conclusion.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
I am trying to get an idea on how this group...ie...people who post on a E.T. and UFO board....thinks about this topic. I would like to see how many think the coverup is a good thing or a bad thing for the sake of Humanity and if so...why they believe so. Split Infinity

I'm not seen on the UFO boards often, but that is more a lack of new material to hash out than a lack of core interest. In keeping to that line of thought in answering your question posed here...I think the cover-up, assuming it is how we perceive it to be (important qualifier), is the single worst and most damaging event in the history of mankind. Bar None. Full Stop.

I say that for a very simple reason. What may have started as a decision of practical need and situational demands back in the late 1940's has led to a monster that has taken on a life all it's own for the ongoing efforts to maintain lies which compound every week of every month across every year that has passed since that first cover-up was put into place (At Roswell and Sonora, in my personal opinion).

I think they've murdered people, disappeared others and generally committed all levels of crimes and offenses against the public of our nation and the world in the furtherance of that cover-up. It'll only get worse and more vicious as time goes on and that mountain of lies comes to grow like the tipping tower of Pisa. It can't hold indefinitely...but they'll fight like hell before giving up control of the ultimate in personal power trips.

They've also lied so completely, for so long now that for those holding this tiger by the tail, there is NO way to let go anymore without being consumed by it and the anger it carries as it turns against them. That also bodes very poorly for disclosure that doesn't come by force and major civil changes/unrest, IMHO.

edit on 17-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If there is a coverup, and I'm pretty sure there is, I'd say it's a bad thing.
If them coverupers are worried about worldwide panic, they would just push the problems in front of themselves. Because sooner or later it will be known that they have lied, wich probably will cause even more chaos..

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BagBing
I truly don't believe there is a coverup. I think that people see things they can't explain, and assign the 'flying saucer' hypothesis all too frequently. I believe the governments/military of this planet have come to the same conclusion.

I must apologize....I forgot to add it the topic wording....people who do not believe or think there is a coverup of E.T. or that they either believe or not believe that a fake coverup or disinformation campaign is occuring to protect secret Advanced U.S. Military Programs. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

OK...2000...I take it you vote in the VERY BAD Column. Do you believe that this coverup...if it exists...and yes...I am one that will say...I know it does...but to serve as a control on responses....please do not take my posts as an influence upon your response because I would like to hear YOUR OPINION...and no others or comments from another that might sway you...if it exists...does it lessen your life in any circumstance?

Just what you logicly think, believe...and even have a gut feeling about. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
First of all, I don't believe there is a single human on this planet that is DUMB enough to think that Earth is the only place IN THE UNIVERSE where civilisations have formed.
Anyone that thick obviously has no understanding, whatsover, what the universe actually is and needs to go and have a bit of a study-up.
Secondly, I don't believe any extra terrestrials are currently 'visiting' Earth, it would just be far too difficult to cover that up. Unless of course it's been ongoing since the ancient years when there possibly was some sort of visitation going on. What with all the ''gods from the skies' nonsense and what-not.
Thirdly, to answer your question, no. I don't think it would be a good thing to cover up. Visitation from extra terrestrials could only open up all the sheeple's way-of-thinking, which would be good I think. Too many, in fact, far too many people on this planet are way way wwaaaaayyyyy too thick for their own good. So much so that it's very surprising that humans are as advanced as we have become.
Too may people are blindly believing what they're told and never thinking more about it, this is visible in every aspect of life you can name.
Too many people place importance on all the wrong things. Big time.
Too many sheeple simply follow the flock without question.
To cover up something that potentially would help the sheeple out of their brainwashed state would be a bad thing to do. Especially something so important as another civilisation.
Imagine if the Chinese 'covered up' western civilisation. Imagine if the Austrailians 'covered up' asian civilisation. This is the same thing and only leads to ignorance, which is far far too prevalant in todays societies.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
A cover up is always a bad thing , unless its a matter of national security the people have the right to know , and as many governments around the world have said UFO's are not a security issue so we have the right to know .

Secrecy breeds corruption and a disdain for those out of the loop and so we find ourselves in the state we are in today , born out of secrecy and corruption .
We are ruled over by arrogant tyrants who wouldn't tell us if our ass was on fire .

So yeah I'd say the Coverup is a bad thing for many reasons

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
In answer to the original question, IF it transpired that a coverup was in place, it would make something like Watergate utterly trivial, and would be so incredibly damaging to some people that it would never be disclosed...

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I don't think that a cover-up is good in any circumstances. But there are cover-ups and then there are cover-ups...

I think that the Roswell crash is a cover-up. Sixty something years later and we are still speculating. I think the government put their hands on whatever crashed and reverse engineered it.

Is there a cover-up that the government has deals with aliens in an citizen abduction versus technology agreement? I doubt it. Abductions do take place but for other reasons.

Is there a cover-up that the governments are hiding the existence of extra terrestrial life? I would think so but here again, there is more speculation than anything.

Is it good or bad for the sake of humanity? As I said, cover-ups are never good.

But this brings other questions...why would the aliens participate willingly in a cover-up? Why do they play hide and seek with us all the time? Many say we aren't ready. I say bull. Some say they cannot interfere. That's from Star trek. If there is indeed a treaty between our governments and extra terrestrial entities engaged in a cover-up then it's up to no good and those aliens aren't as friendly as we would be supposed to think they'd be.

Just my opinion.

edit on 17-12-2011 by SonoftheSun because: grammar

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by manontrial

OK...MANON....you believe it would be bad...if they were visiting....that a coverup would help keep people ignorant....question....if you feel the vast majority of SHEEPEOPLE...using your word....are so ignorant of facts and are being kept in the dark about many things that they have no ambition to lern about....than how can you be so sure that Full Disclosure would not Freek these same people out and cause all sorts of problems?
Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

GORTEX....what do you believe...your own opinion....of what the immediate reaction would be to FULL DISCLOSURE? Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BagBing

VERY adept observation. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Okay, I'll say it.
The cover-up is a good thing. We can't even get along with people who pray differently!

Just imagine aliens who actually look different.

Keep it secret. We're not ready. We aren't grown enough.

Maybe 100 years from now if we haven't blown ourselves up.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I think it's a good thing for TPTB and a bad thing for the rest of the people.

It ETs were revealed publicly, people would start asking questions like how they live and how their society functions. Once people discovered that there were many ET civilizations, many would look up to them as role models and start questioning why we need a monetary system etc.

TPTB would stand to lose a lot of power, and I think this is why Hollywood (and the likes of Stephen Hawking) are bombarding us with information about "bad aliens".

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by gortex

GORTEX....what do you believe...your own opinion....of what the immediate reaction would be to FULL DISCLOSURE? Split Infinity

I believe that it would largely be greeted with excitement and a sense of relief at finally knowing , of course some wont take it so well but they will have to come to terms with the new reality .
It could be the thing that stops us destroying ourselves , the knowledge that there is more than just us

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Full disclosure right now may very well 'freak them out'. But who gives a s**t? It's not about them is it? It's about ALL of humanity. And by that I don't mean just those alive today but also EVERYONE that is yet to come.
Why keep hundreds of billions of future humans 'in the dark' just to protect the feelings of a few billion gutless souls?
Hurt them? Freak them out? Big fricken deal. If a cover up actually is going on right now, I say bring on full disclosure and to hell with the 'feelings' of people. It's about the future humans of Earth, not the current ones.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I think it is the aliens themselves that are covering the situation up. Whatever their reasons are however, I do not think would be in the best interests of humanity. We are mere labrats in the cosmos.....and the way we operate with our labrats, is anything but for the greater good of the labrat species.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

OK...coverup involving Humans and E.T.....very bad. But I have a question....you valid and intelligent concepts...but I see one flaw in your logic...that is that you are assuming that E.T. thinks or has any consideration or concept of an individuals rights....so...I don't want to sway your opinion...but...if we had something on E.T....and for the first time in Eons...they were forced to deal with us...as quasi-equals....and previous to this...even if we knew they were abducting people...we had an oppertunity to limit...but not halt completely...the abduction of people...but as a condition...for their purposes of experiment control groups...we could not take action to protect those targeted for abduction...asuming we had a way now of detection of genetic lines that have been experimented on for long periods of time.....would coverup and silence be a good thing?
Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

BEEZZER....You are of the first in the Good Thing Catagore....are you sure you would feel the same if a relative of yours was being abducted or had some very good proof that they were? Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join