It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Pill That Stops Stress In Your Brain Before You Feel It

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The first thing that popped into my head hearing about this is the movie Equilibrium.

Not that i think things will lead to the things purposed in the film but i woulndt be in the least surprised if they would if at one point in time they could.

www.imdb.com...

In a Fascist future where all forms of feeling are illegal, a man in charge of enforcing the law rises to overthrow the system.

It is a story were in everyone in society has to take meds issued by the established governing body wich removes all emotions in order to keep peace and order.Anyone resisting it will be marked for termination.Ofcourse there is a underground resistence of people that also hide in the open.

very nice watch for the ones that havent seen it yet but i am sure most here will know it.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by imnothereru
Pills to eliminate stress, whats next pills so we have no responces anymore and end up just agreeing with everything, every government , man in charge puts forward to us?We have pills for moods up an down , pills to sleep , whats next pills instead of food? Are we all going to brain inactive zombies complying to everything we are told to do .No more human emotions means no more resistance, is this what we really want? maybe we want to feel and experience what life has to offer not have it blanked out. i personally want to see whats going on around me, i will not be turned into a non feeling human robot.life is full of enjoyable experiences i wouldnt want to miss out would you?

Well said ,my sentiments exactly ( i was just to lazy to type it all out and use lazy links to other sources)

Edit: to add to that there is a reason we have things like depressions ,stress and pain.It all serves its purposes but we can always argue that medicine like this can be helpful to which i would agree BUT, in the america's we can have already observed the over use of mood altering medicines being pre-scribed to people who dont really need it but get it 'forced/pushed' onto them anyway because of the multi-million dollar industry that is the pharma industry.www.fastcompany.com...

edit on 17-12-2011 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Mankind has definitively weakened itself, relying on drugs and alcohol, cigarettes, patches, gums, whatever to get us through our humdrum lives. How did all the civilizations before us make it thought their days without hanging themselves? honestly there are all the natural alternatives in plain sight and they aren't utilized. And i'm not syaing that its because big-pharm cant make money off it. The herbs are all readily available online and in some shops and the information is all here online in forums and research websites. Humans have the ability to heal ourselves even naturally.

Why are all the sheeple soo blind, I mean like steevie wonder status blind to all the BS we are fed and in our water to defeat our pineal glands...and everything is causing is to die of cancers and tumors... I would of at least expected a blindness of like 70% of the worlds masses but c'mon why is the entire world except 1% complete follow the leader type morons?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

I have also been around the psych. block a few times, and in my case meds did wonders. I couldn't sleep anymore and that for weeks. There was more which I just keep to myself. Anyways, the meds haven't changed my personality at all. How will this affect how long I'll live? Don't know, but I wouldn't be here if it weren't for the meds.

Of course Big Pharma reeks. It's an industry. Don't throw the baby away with the bath water though.
edit on 17-12-2011 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Pills to eliminate stress, whats next pills so we have no responces anymore and end up just agreeing with everything, every government , man in charge puts forward to us?We have pills for moods up an down , pills to sleep , whats next pills instead of food? Are we all going to brain inactive zombies complying to everything we are told to do .No more human emotions means no more resistance, is this what we really want? maybe we want to feel and experience what life has to offer not have it blanked out. i personally want to see whats going on around me, i will not be turned into a non feeling human robot.life is full of enjoyable experiences i wouldnt want to miss out would you?

Ok, being less stressed out is not the same as being sedated! It's the opposite! Stress deminishes health and mind. As to the pill, depends on who gets it why etc. My beef is with people not understanding that stress is slavery.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Where do I sign up for beta testing?

I'll be one of the first to jump on the NO-STRESS bandwagon, you suckers can stand around debating the moral implications (implying there are any) and continue to be stressed about it.
I'll be all like FEELS GOOD MAN.
edit on 17-12-2011 by Ashertron because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
reply to post by LordOfArcadia

But stress in a natural event. We need to be able to suffer stress to measure our environment. It's clinical depression which is a problem. Stress is a natural thing.

Sress is meant by nature to get you out of the stress producing situation. Our society is a big stressy world with age old stresses (food on the table) and all new kinds (technology). Computers were introduced to the work place because they're faster. Nice, now we're assumed to be as fast instead of tech. releasing us. This is just an example. I am super pro science and tech but not when we have to comply with super human standards.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird
reply to post by CREAM

I have also been around the psych. block a few times, and in my case meds did wonders. I couldn't sleep anymore and that for weeks. There was more which I just keep to myself. Anyways, the meds haven't changed my personality at all. How will this affect how long I'll live? Don't know, but I wouldn't be here if it weren't for the meds.

Of course Big Pharma reeks. It's an industry. Don't throw the baby away with the bath water though.
edit on 17-12-2011 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

In my experience people who have been getting strong medication for prolonged periods of time are themselves not aware of any personality changes within thelmselves yet others around them were able to notice.Also as i pointed out in my previous post.Mood altering medicine can be usefull in more severe cases and can even save a life from time to time yes.The thing is that we already see major abuse in the industry so i doubt that anything as potent as the drug described in the OP or any medicine developed afterwards in more potent forms threading along these lines will not be abused in the same way.It would also have bigger impacts on individuals and society if more potent drugs of these sorts enter the market on the scale of current mood altering medicine.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ashertron

Ok so you are willing to be "tested" on this new pill you have a wish to become non feeling an cooperative with everything everyone says? why would you want this? Im curious.As rafe said i agree, yes, some people do need pills but not everyone they are dealt out to,Most of the human race does wish to feel and experience life, its just a very small minority that do need help with pills.I really dont understand why people no longer want to feel emotions?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Ashertron

Ok so you are willing to be "tested" on this new pill you have a wish to become non feeling an cooperative with everything everyone says? why would you want this? Im curious.As rafe said i agree, yes, some people do need pills but not everyone they are dealt out to,Most of the human race does wish to feel and experience life, its just a very small minority that do need help with pills.I really dont understand why people no longer want to feel emotions?

I wouldnt!

Whenever i feel stressed it makes me search out activities to relieve me of it.Like i mention these mental states we have for a reason.It is like 'boredom' for instance,It is acually beneficial for children growing up because it will activate them to search for a solution in creative and independent ways.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Brave New World we can believe in...

Soma is next to be developed.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
People are saying we need stress to help warn us against danger, from that which can harm us, I say that's bollocks and we'd be better of without it. I can recognise a dangerous situation when I see it and would rather deal with it calm and collect rather than a mess of stress. Flight or fight is not related to general stress either, flight or fight is different as it's something built into our evolution, the mind is not equipped to deal with stress otherwise it wouldn't do so much harm to people. That's my perception of things and I could be wrong but that's how I feel.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Stress is all in the mind.
The things that stress people out most are trivial in the grand scheme of things. Its your ego that causes stress, if you dont like something and have to bare it, then its stressful. But most of the stress we deal with on a daily basis is artificial stress created by artificial things.

Like money, and finances. Those are stressful topics, people kill themselves every year over this fake piece of paper. With stress comes lots of problems that require treatments or some other sort of personal satisfaction to remove the stress (like drinking or smoking or what have you). So if you look at the bigger picture, you see that the 'elite' or 'tptb' etc, have us by the balls even more than we could possibly imagine. They have mastered the art of control, and here we are. addicted to money, causing all sorts of problems both in physical and mental health through the use of various methods (money, tv, music, food, water, work) and in the end make even more money off you because they poisoned you in the first place, and now your spending your hard earned wealth on fixing an issue that they initially caused. (which is more stress because you needed that money for rent)

Some stress is good, it keeps us on edge and up to speed. But the artificial stress is what kills us. And now we have a pill that will probably make it even worse by turning a bunch of stressful people into ticking timebombs or throwing themselves into traffic.

And if we didnt have to satisfy the ego, we wouldn't need money. one of the leading causes of stress.

edit on 17/12/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/12/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Thats stupid, so you dont feel the stress in your brain but your body is still being hurt from the effects of stress. Its no different than pain killers, you dont feel the pain but something real bad is happening to your body.

If the light on your car says "check engine" disconnecting the wire to the bulb isnt fixing your problem. In fact making it worse. This is probably one more way to have people to push their bodies beyond what it is capable of, and then we will see more dead people because of over stress, that they didnt know they had.

Sounds like their job of getting us to stop thinking and feeling is working pretty good. Pretty soon we will be reprogrammed humans to robots. The robots are being built people, and they are doing it one neuron at a time!

Maybe find the cause of the stress instead of disconnecting the wires. Epic Fail!

edit on 17-12-2011 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.
People are saying we need stress to help warn us against danger, from that which can harm us, I say that's bollocks and we'd be better of without it. I can recognise a dangerous situation when I see it and would rather deal with it calm and collect rather than a mess of stress. Flight or fight is not related to general stress either, flight or fight is different as it's something built into our evolution, the mind is not equipped to deal with stress otherwise it wouldn't do so much harm to people. That's my perception of things and I could be wrong but that's how I feel.

You are talking about fear not stress (it is however related yes).Fight or flight is imediate reactive impulse to which simply taking a 10mg valium would be a effective solution.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I blatantly refused medication. I would have been part of the ritalin generation had my parents obeyed the doctor to put me on it in my preteen years.

When i was old enough and aware of the risks of taking pharmaceuticals (even when they say for 'good purposes') especially when it comes to mental health. My mother had to take several of them a day for her 'schizo effective' disorder, its like a mix between schizophrenia and bipolar. We joke about it now but it was definatly traumatic, And my mother (believe it or not) weened herself off taking those drugs with natural methods and vitamins (specifically niacin (b12), and some others i can't remember). And she is perfectly fine. She still has to take synthroid, but the meds she was on just gave her a dependence on them, and that made it worse when we couldn't afford to get medication sometimes.

Annyways.
Medication is bad for you, even if they say it helps you. For some people im sure it does work, but for most people they are misdiagnosed, or given medication that is not specific for them. Everyone is different and would require a different type of medication for it. She found hers, guess its well known in one of the thousands of books she's read.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Well said, i had my eyes opened, by a friend, to the problems of medications (side effects, not doing what they were prescribed for )not all medication the doctors prescribe for you, do what you think they do. Big pharamacetical companys play a part in what the doctors prescribe, as some doctors get paid by what they prescribe.

blogs.scientificamerican.com...

its not surprising they are willing to prescribe more and more drugs to people who dont really need them.

edit on 17-12-2011 by imnothereru because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I read the opening to the paper that comes with this link. This is an interesting confirmation of something I already had speculated - the drug finasteride has an effect on mood. You might have heard of finasteride as Proscar or Propecia, it is widely prescribed for benign prostatic hyperplasia and male pattern baldness. It's also available very cheaply as a generic.

The paper:

www.jneurosci.org...

"Interestingly, blocking neurosteroidogenesis with finasteride is sufficient to block the stress-induced elevations in corticosterone and prevent stress-induced anxiety-like behaviors in mice. These data demonstrate that positive feedback of neurosteroids onto CRH neurons is required to mount the physiological response to stress. "

So finasteride helps to stop the production of a certain type of stress hormone, stops some people going bald, reduces prostate cancer incidents* by 30% and makes you be able to pee like a horse. Let's put it in the tap water/chemtrails!

* en.wikipedia.org...
"A 2008 update of this study found that finasteride reduces the incidence of prostate cancer by 30%. In the original study, it turns out that the smaller prostate caused by finasteride means that a doctor is more likely to hit upon cancer nests and more likely to find aggressive looking cells."

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
**ATTENTION**

The discussion of illegal drugs, including Marijuana is NOT permitted on ATS. Any further mentions of illegal substances will be met with post removals, warnings or a potential loss of posting privileges.

Thank You.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join