It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Pill That Stops Stress In Your Brain Before You Feel It

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I see allot of people downing new psychological drugs as there supposed to make people sheeple and docile and bla bla bla.

But the fact is there are millions and millions of people with mental and social problems that could benefit from this new tech and I think its wonderful.

This time of year the holiday season see's more suicides then any other time of year because people are stressed,worried, financially strapped, or dealing with loss of loved one's and so on. If this pill could relieve some of that mental pain and suffering and possibly save a few lives I'm all for it. I understand there is 2 sides to every coin.
No not everyone need's to be drudged to be happy but a lot of people could benefit from this and you should look at that in the equation also.
edit on 17-12-2011 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merci
Oh boy like society isnt drugged up enough with big pharma poison. That is all humans need a pill to become even more emtionally bankrupt.

Prozac took something away from me I will never get back.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

I see this as far to easy of a cure. It's like people blaming domestic violence on a person drinking or drugging. Take away the drinking and the drugging, and what's left? A person who is still capable of domestic violence.

People who suffer from stress need to get at the root of the problem for why they are. People should only be prescibed this type of medication in conjunction with psychotherapy. But we all know this won't happen. Why? Because anybody who can prescribe something like this will, just based on people saying they are stressed.

A pill just makes this way to easy.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Be careful, be careful...there are already enough "Zombies" walking around (seriously) because the US in particular likes to diagnose people with all kinds of "conditions" and is VERY QUICK in prescribing pills like Paxil, Xanax, Valium etc.

To fight Stress, i don't think a pill is a solution....instead you need to look at the reason WHAT causes stress.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LordOfArcadia

But stress in a natural event. We need to be able to suffer stress to measure our environment. It's clinical depression which is a problem. Stress is a natural thing.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
it sounds like they destroy or inhibit a part of the brain. further research should be done here, what exactly are they doing to the brain? sounds dangerous. it better not be a fluoride treatment.
edit on 17-12-2011 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rekrul
it sounds like they destroy or inhibit a part of the brain. further research should be done here, what exactly are they doing to the brain? sounds dangerous. it better not be a fluoride treatment.
edit on 17-12-2011 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

You bring up a very interesting point... We don't fully understand how the mind works yet, yet we are prescribing drugs that mess with the workings of it. Point being, we are doing surgery in the dark. We are bound to screw something up... Now the risks might be worth it in some extreme cases, for example; you are about to off yourself... Not this case though, the risks of damaging your mind are not worth it one bit. I don't care how bad the stress is. In fact, if the stress is extreme, I would say that is even more of a reason you should stay off the drug so you can deal with your problems before they pile up. Unless of course you are bat# crazy or what have you... Then the risks might be worth it, if all other well established options fail. We all know though, most of the people taking this will be average joes. The local high school psychonaut, the overstressed teacher, the car salesmen whose anxiety is killing his wage...

So should this drug be released in the first place? Knowing it will fall into the hands of 10s, maybe even 100s of millions who should not have it? Do they deserve the possible damage? Of course not...

What have we become, where we are consciously inhibiting our own humanity. IMO, something very sinister is behind modern psychiatry. I don't think it's just big pharma. Everybody wonders why we are so screwed up. We put too much faith in the structure of medicine. Psychiatry has an enormous power over mankind. If it were ever to fall into the wrong hands, and arguably is right now, we would be helpless.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Gee give that to the troops, along with those memory erasers :

Drug May Help Overwrite Bad Memories

Then your troops will go in and kill entire villages, take a pill and boom, it ``never`` happened.

Perfect drugs for the perfect dictatorship army.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I believe there has been a plant that when dried, heated and consumed either orally or by heating and inhaling, controls stress. And it has been around for thousands of years. So if the stress got so bad that I felt is was damaging my health and I had to choose between man made and mother nature made, I'm going to choose Mother Nature over man made any day! After all, she has more experience at combining chemicals than we do.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Crazy, people only get stressed through the pressure of keeping up with the jones's. In order to deal with stress please take the following action. Chill out and ask for help from family or freinds until no longer stressed.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Are you kidding me?This has to stop,people need the whole gambit of emotions for them to grow properly.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Stress is part of our defense mechanisms we NEED in order to survive IMO.
Without stress at the right times,how can our brains produce the correct chemical responses when needed?
Say you see a wall falling on to you-the stress of that event allows your brain to deploy chemical responses to get you out of that jam-in this case adrenaline.

If you are stressed out from working or crap like that-you are in the wrong job,and need to learn to meditate to alleviate the stress.Or get a different job.

Tablets for stress?
No a good idea IMO.

Meditate to alleviate.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
No thanks, I like my brain just fine as is.

I'm no so weak that I can't deal with stress.

Maybe give them to the plethora of Americans that are wrongfully imprisoned.
edit on 17-12-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I don't trust anything created by mad scientists who are motivated by greed. This is not a winning combination. Ask yourself this, if these wonder drugs were so wonderful, would suicide and homicide be listed as a side effect of anti-depressants, for example? No. This stuff is stressful and these scientists motivated by greed need to be stopped - by court order.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7

This reminds me about a video going around ATS about a plot to vaccinate the middle east with funvax, a vaccine against extreme fundementalists. The more we supress our fight or flight abilities, supress our senses that something is not right is when we become enslaved.

AWESOME! Yes Funvax. A lot of people need some fun
I sure do. We are already enslaved by fear and stress. Are these pills etc the answer? Not long term, but nice for in between.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

The world we live in now is way more stressy than the one we evolved in! I'm not saying pills are the answer.
But people simply don't get how we are being bombarded 24/7 by not only commercials, but noice and too much people around us. Electrical light? Tampers with our natural rythms. Wel you get the idea.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird
reply to post by CREAM

The world we live in now is way more stressy than the one we evolved in! I'm not saying pills are the answer.
But people simply don't get how we are being bombarded 24/7 by not only commercials, but noice and too much people around us. Electrical light? Tampers with our natural rythms. Wel you get the idea.

I agree its stressfull... but

The thing is, I personally have a vendetta against big pharma, I am going to make a thread soon about a recent bad experience I had with being prescribed meds. These medicines often work by blocking receptors in your brain, which should not be your first choice as these meds can be terrible for your body and can actually cause more problems, especially when it come to drugs for the brain. Most importantly, it only covers the symptoms.... AND mess with your natural cycles like what you brought up.

Honestly, I think there are better natural cures for these sorts of things as well as psychological coping mechanisms.

Believe me, from the hospital physc unit, to treatment programs, to psychiatrists, councilors, and therapists, I have been through the ringer of the mental health industry. In the end, some good ole centering meditation, healthy eating, good sleep habits, exercise, not putting unnatural chemicals in my body(besides cigs, meh cant stop) has been the only thing to work for me.
edit on 17-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Pills to eliminate stress, whats next pills so we have no responces anymore and end up just agreeing with everything, every government , man in charge puts forward to us?We have pills for moods up an down , pills to sleep , whats next pills instead of food? Are we all going to brain inactive zombies complying to everything we are told to do .No more human emotions means no more resistance, is this what we really want? maybe we want to feel and experience what life has to offer not have it blanked out. i personally want to see whats going on around me, i will not be turned into a non feeling human robot.life is full of enjoyable experiences i wouldnt want to miss out would you?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join