It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Pill That Stops Stress In Your Brain Before You Feel It

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

A Pill That Stops Stress In Your Brain Before You Feel It

io9.com

Stress makes many of us miserable — but it can also kill you.

Now, researchers from Tufts claim to have pinpointed the way that stress hormones hit specific receptors in your brain — and they've even been able to block them. This could lead to the next great psychopharmaceutical breakthrough.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This kind of technology can have many beneficial uses but it also has the ability to be utilized for very nefarious purposes. Imagine a world in which illuminated groups have begun the systematic enslavement of mankind, this is the exact type of drug needed to keep the plebes functional yet passive.

Stress is an important tool in our evolutionary tool box.

io9.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 16-12-2011 by LordOfArcadia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Cahool and groovy d'duude.

No stress nowarreys. Cha-hill ooouut.

Okaaaaay maan; I'll be careful on point. Chill.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
My take is that we already have drugs that calm people.
Some of them have a dramatic effect on peoples moods.

The people who benefit seem to lose the ability to gauge things that stress them.
Those same people will buy these drugs no matter what. Our opinions don't matter as they WILL get them. They can cost $100 per pill but they will get them. They can ruin 100 people and not feel any stress, and they'll get their drug..

That's my opinion. If this is possible, then it will happen. We are going to have 10 x as many sociopaths.

There are easier ways. You feel the stress but you don't own the accompanying thoughts. Mental illness' doesn't need pills to dupe us into a false sense of security. It's the crutches that are at fault. We all own too much of the thoughts that come from stress. We become the sense of self that tells us we are part of the stress.

Stress should come by as often as bliss (if that's an opposite) and it should blow off as quickly as it came without anyone trying to hang onto it and certainly it MUST come and go without mind altering pills.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Oh boy like society isnt drugged up enough with big pharma poison. That is all humans need a pill to become even more emtionally bankrupt.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordOfArcadia

Which is precisely why they should look at solving the problem at the source instead of drugging people so they can endure it and continue to be productive.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LordOfArcadia

This reminds me about a video going around ATS about a plot to vaccinate the middle east with funvax, a vaccine against extreme fundementalists. The more we supress our fight or flight abilities, supress our senses that something is not right is when we become enslaved.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Sounds kind of ridiculous I am not sure how the brain would react and process. Without stress how would the brain process fear and fight or flight . I would think it would cause a massive dumbing down. But then again it would be a billion dollar baby for the pharmaceutical industry and I am sure there are some people out there that would love to dumb down the population even more.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Stress is a response not a condition. A medicine or 'pill' is a temporary solution for someone to better deal with the symptoms of an actual underlying problem. In actuality, it is the band aid approach to problems that has resulted in a sanitized generation of drones that cannot nor will not deal with things in a direct and personal manner.

This is a sanitized generation.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Raw vegan food to raise your consciousness and ability to deal with "stress". Enzymes digest themselves so your body doesn't work as hard to digest them = you have more energy. Why do you think we feel sleepy and tired after a big meal of cooked food? Cooking food kills fiber and enzymes. Why go unnatural way when you can do it naturally!
edit on 16-12-2011 by WaterFasting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordOfArcadia

They should team up with the makers of Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses.
That way we'll be completely invulnerable.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

Sounds kind of ridiculous I am not sure how the brain would react and process. Without stress how would the brain process fear and fight or flight . I would think it would cause a massive dumbing down. But then again it would be a billion dollar baby for the pharmaceutical industry and I am sure there are some people out there that would love to dumb down the population even more.

Bothers me when people blame others for "dumbing them down" when it's very plain to see that there is a very clear link between the actions people take and their level of skill.

If you don't exercise your brain, you will become more dumb. If you don't exercise your body, it will stagnate too.

I believe that is the primary reason why most people aren't smarter. Too damn lazy. There are educated and highly intelligent people on this Earth, and they got that way by using the mental faculties that were given to them, and continuing to use them on a regular basis. No conspiracy needed to explain this!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This has been around a long time...its called Scotch and cigars.....

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Here's a simpler and cheaper cure to cut stress out of your life. Wait for it....

DON'T STRESS... People stress because it's considered normal in todays world. Where's the benefit of stressing...? Exactly there's your answer right there.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by notmyrealname

Society has embraced a very disturbed way of existence. Lies are ok as long as they are politcally correct and whatever you do dont ever confront anyone. Retaliation is so off limits when often all someone needs is a good butt whooping to straighten them right up. Long gone are the days of decency, morality, common sense and general good will towards your fellow man.

Nowadays if your not keeping someone down, working your own agenda while you take all you can get, destroying the rest where no one else can have any of what you just got then you are not going along with society norms.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
It is pretty easy to end stress: just stop caring about and trying to control outcomes; do your best and let the chips fall where they may. We don't need a pill for this.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Its a repeat I already watched that episode.
Second line.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

The stress response is your brain's way of saying, "Danger! Stop!"

So take a pill to turn off the warning? ....Not me.

Good find. S

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

I agree with you to a point if we do not keep learning and that is damn near impossible with information so easily accessible. That the neural pathways in your brain after awhile and they would reconfigure themselves after awhile. But we are talking about a drug that more or less cancels out a chemical reaction to your brain that helps the mind keep it's self and the body safe. That helps govern how to react to situations. All living things requires stress to grow and evolve. If some is stressed because of daily life activities and rituals ( work , mortgage, loan payments , kids fighting, wife is cheating ect.) Well we do it to ourselves how about a change of life style ? It bothers me that some people are so dependent of drug instead of dealing with life with out having to be doped up by pharmaceutical synthetic drugs. You do not think that people taking anti depressants for a long period of time are not dumbing themselves down these are harsh nasty chemicals . Conspiracy or not the fact is that it does happen. Just like the fluoride in water and mercury in flu shots and the list can go on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join