It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Govt Official: ETs Walk Among Us: (a peak inside China's UFO culture!)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by l_e_cox
Sun Shili

www.ufoevidence.org...

Here's an online article written about this guy in 1997 - Wall Street Journal.

In the West, unidentified flying objects and alien abductions are the stuff of Hollywood pulp and supermarket tabloids. But in China, UFOs are a matter of great national importance. Prof. Sun's group, the Chinese UFO Research Association, receives government grants, and its members include some of the nation's most respected scientists and academics -- even Communist Party officials.

These enthusiasts aren't merely trying to prove the existence of UFOs: They are attempting to figure out what makes them fly and then harness that power for everyday use in China.

This is 1997 guys! And a story from a reliable news organization.

Here's another from 2004:

www.ufoevidence.org...

"Izvestia" reports that China has a record number of special clubs of UFO lovers. There are many who attempt to establish some sort of a connection with the extraterrestrial. Their actions are protected by the National Society of the extraterrestrial studies, which was founded 25 years ago. The Society is financed by the government. Only professional scientists and engineers are allowed in the Society. A person also required to have PhD in science and have several published works about UFOs. About a third of all members of the society are also experienced members of the communist party.

One of Chinese most famous experts in ufology, 66-year-old Sun Shili, who is also a former diplomat and a translator of Mao Zedong, has told us about his first encounter with an unidentified object. ...

This one is taken from Pravda.

What our problem with China seems to be is that our communication lines with them are being cut. Of course there is a language problem. They rarely originate news in English. Or if they do, we don't know where to find it. But this is old news in China! It would be really cool for a Chinese local to join this site and fill us in. But it seems the topic is very popular there, with full support of the ruling party.

The OP's article is from a content mill, basically. The article was put together by an enthusiast who has a book to sell named Terrence Aym. I prefer regular news sources, or aggregation sites that take their stories directly from professional reporters. That doesn't guarantee valid data, but it means that someone besides a content mill thought it was newsworthy.

The first article quoted is not from the Wall Street Journal. It's posted in the UFO Evidence website and there's NO link to original sources. A quick research into the WSJ website for "Sun Shili" and "KATHY CHEN", who supposedly is a "staff reporter" of WSJ, returns NO result whatsoever.

The second quote is from Pravda. Therefore no further comment is needed.

Honestly, this thread is a bunch of baloney and sounds like another fake material created by Sorcha Faal or Michael Cohen of AllNewsWeb.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
There was a TV program put forth some time ago that the biggest of those artificial pyramids was the tomb of 'Chin' the first emperor of China, who killed himself by taking mercury thinking it would give him immortality.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Regarding the crop circle picture along with the photo of the similar structure....both have 14 broken rings. Coincidence?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Depends which came first, the Chinese circle or the crop circle.
Seeing as there is some numerical evidence in the crop circle to link to Roswell NM one could pose the question - did the Chinese actually asked something specific about that event via their circle and got a response.

Of course it could all be coincidence, it's easy to find patterns if you're looking for one.

Take my reply above (excluding this line) for example, UFO is found at 4 and 46 equidistant letter sequence (ELS) - pure coincidence.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Maybe ATS should consider opening up a Branch office in China. I bet we would be a hit... well except to the secret Police and all of that suppression of truth. never mind. So, after reading the article at the source< what do you think?

You mean in America.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
reply to post by TheLegend

Who cares about other countries? This thread is not about America. If you read the title you would know it's about China, so China is what is discussed here. If you want to talk about America then go find a thread saying "United States Government official says ETs walk among us" then make your comment.

Lol i thought that would be your answer. And you totally missed my point. You saying that about China is pointless, considering all countries do terrible things. So, if this thread was america instead, would you have said " they can try and teach america not to go to pointless wars" i don't think so lol

And you totally missed the first and second point he made. You still are.
Edited out the flame*

@the topic, most pyramids contain granite, limestone and marble. These three materials have some of the highest thermal conductivity in the world (3/4 of the highest iirc). It's likely the pyramids were energy conduits from thousands of years ago. Such magnificent structures would have a record of being built if they were built by humans, but they don't.
edit on 10-12-2011 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I never understood why the shape of a pyramid conjures up ideas about extraterrestrials. The pyramid is a geometric shape that provides the most architecturally stable building shape; large base and diminishing upper levels to be supported by lower larger platforms. Tell me, if you were to stack rocks as high as possible would you not adopt a pyramid stacking structure as likely your first choice?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by stAtrill

Originally posted by TheLegend

Hopefully the Chinese listen to the aliens when they tell them skinning animals alive = bad.

Sigh! Not all chinese skin animals
Do all americans agree with having pointless wars? No, they don't.

It has nothing to do with individual citizens. I nor anyone else is going to judge 1.5 billion Chinese people individually. The only fact is that their government (an extension/representation of the people) allows this to happen:
www.youtube.com...
And that's something that needs to be changed.

edit on 9-12-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

Sorry guys, but when I see silliness like this I feel the urge to respond...

It absolutely DOES NOT need to be changed, it is perfectly fine the way it is right now. I don't know what english speaking country you're in right now, but I am sure skinning animals alive is illegal in that country, and that is the extent of your business. What is legal and illegal in China is NONE of your business.

Your mindset is the same stupid mindset that had the US mired in Vietnam, and is what is getting the US mired in the middle east now. I'm sure your own country has more similar examples. Think how much nicer of a world we would live in if people kept their noses in their own countries business...

This qualifies you as a psychopath if you think skinning a dog, while it's alive, is ok and needs no changing.

The world wouldn't be a better place if countries "kept their nose out of other's business". That's insane logic, but that's not surprising considering the psychopath statement already. Brb, letting genocide happen because it's none of my business. Brb, letting countries develop nuclear weapons when they promised to use them. Brb, not helping to bail out any countries and letting their economies collapse. Brb, giving aid to starving nations isn't ok.

Way to go for getting off topic. But when I 'see silliness like yours', I have to respond.
Oh, and I'm not from America and I have two Chinese friends who are ashamed of their country for allowing that behavior. So I guess you'll have to find a new angle.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Hopefully the Chinese listen to the aliens when they tell them skinning animals alive = bad.

Sorry yea it's mean but such is life! Top of the food chain wins. If the roles were reversed they'd be skinning us without a second's notice.....

Animal abuse is not ok. I'm actually surprised I have to say that here. Did you even watch the video I put up? Yeah, grabbing a dog by the hind legs, bashing him on a street like a rug, then skinning him alive is awesome. Do you own pets?
Your hypothetical is irrelevant and only a feeble excuse.

Yet the silliness of what you responded with is so unbelievable. As someone else said, it's psychopathic.
edit on 10-12-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Would or could all of this have something to do with those odd shapes seen out in that Chinese desert?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Sorry yea it's mean but such is life! Top of the food chain wins. If the roles were reversed they'd be skinning us without a second's notice.....

Animal abuse is not ok. I'm actually surprised I have to say that here. Did you even watch the video I put up? Yeah, grabbing a dog by the hind legs, bashing him on a tree, then skinning him alive is awesome. Do you own pets?
Your hypothetical is irrelevant and only a feeble excuse.

Yet the silliness of what you responded with is so unbelievable. As someone else said, it's psychopathic.

No, animal abuse is not ok. The point im making is this. Would you have said "will the aliens teach them not to strart pointless wars" if it was about america? I don't think you would, even though you most prob will never admit it.

Are you american?.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

My post you just quoted wasn't directed at you if you read it. As someone said already, you missed my first then second points made. Also, I don't care about hypothetical questions which only pose to reinforce political correctness.

I read your post in the Heaven thread. Hopefully you see the hypocrisy here.

what a weak answer! This is heaven, its not about me. How can he be talking about me when he does not even know be.

But since I'm not confident if you will, let me help by changing some key words.
"This is China, it's not about America".

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
This planet is a gigantic theme park for the rest of the galaxy, in my opinion, this planet does have a huge amount of history, political systems, religions, monetary styles, races, just makes me wonder why, seeing as 'we all started in Africa' why so much diversity?

The Africa thing is just a smokescreen to mind-trick you into not understanding your true origins...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

what if they're trying to signal us? What if thats the ship producing energy? There are tons of reasons why a ufo might emit light. I know the one me and my friends saw emittied light and without it we wouldof never seen it, but also consider that most UFOs are terrestial in nature and WE do need lights to see unfortunately...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Lol you are merican then? Nice to see you only posted part of what i was saying in that thread.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Looks like China is learning the importance of maintaining an alien myth story, so they can cover up all their military advancements and secrets. Sounds like they are becoming a global power.

Good for them.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Also, I don't care about hypothetical questions which only pose to reinforce political correctness.

what a weak answer! This is heaven, its not about me. How can he be talking about me when he does not even know be.

But since I'm not confident if you will, let me help by changing some key words.

Exactly.

This Jay guy is so politically correct it is nauseating.

If I made a thread "Dogs with obesity" Jay-Morris will be the guy who'd come in and ask people: "What about cats with obesity!? Aren't you going to admit there's obese cats too?"

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
Aliens and E.T.'s are fake, don't get your hopes up people.

Yeah, the world is flat people, don't get your hopes up.

Anyway, do you think debunkers in China say "it's just western culture lanterns"?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasonicFantom

Also, I don't care about hypothetical questions which only pose to reinforce political correctness.

Exactly.

If I made a thread "Dogs with obesity" Jay-Morris will be the guy who'd come in and ask people: "What about cats with obesity!? Aren't you going to admit there's obese cats too?"

Lol you know nothing about me, And thats a weak point, considering this thread was about ET, not how bad their country is, so, you are talking rubbish. That why i brought up the point about if this was about america, would he say " hope the aliens will teach america not to start pointless wars" And he could not, or would not answer.

I also asked if he was american, and he would not answer that either lol Are you american by any chance?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasonicFantom

Exactly.

Lol you know nothing about me, And thats a weak point, considering this thread was about ET, not how bad their country is, so, you are talking rubbish. That why i brought up the point about if this was about america, would he say " hope the aliens will teach america not to start pointless wars" And he could not, or would not answer.

I also asked if he was american, and he would not answer that either lol Are you american by any chance?

And you know nothing about me or anyone here. So what's your point?
You don't even read the posts in this thread, if you did you'd have the answer to your question.

Oh, and I'm not from America and I have two Chinese friends who are ashamed of their country for allowing that behavior. So I guess you'll have to find a new angle.

The fact you're asking people if they're American in this thread about China is quite baffling.

I'll tell you why he didn't answer your question about aliens and America: because 1) it's hypothetical 2) it's politically correct 3) it's irrelevant 4) it's off-topic and 5) it's retarded. Take your pick.
The longer it takes you to realize your error the further this thread will stray off-topic.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join