It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLASHBACK: Homeless Lady with 15 Kids: ‘Somebody Needs to Pay for All My Children’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Destinyone

Who said anything about adopting a kid? Try fostering first. Come on, you raised your hand to take a kid off this mother.....step forward and foster one. Being a perfect parent and all, at least I feel at ease one of the kids is going to turn out bloody brillant. Right?

I don't know your suituation as to why they would'nt allow you to adopt years ago. Perhaps they had good enough reason. I do know one thing is for sure, it's easier to adopt a child in the USA than it is of a foreign baby!

I'm sorry you are so filled with anger...over your own childhood. Therapy is very helpful for these feeling you are expressing. Maybe you deserved better parents...I don't know...but, You are expressing some deep pain in what you are posting.

But, yes, I did look into fostering...but mind you, it involved a child I knew. You can't just legally take a child from their existing situation because you know you can provide better for them. Even if any of us,on this thread contacted the agencies involved with this womans' case...there's no way in hell, without at least a years worth of paperwork, we could even come up for review, for a way in the future court date....I know. BTDT.

So, what are YOU going to do, other than make a stink in this thread.....
edit on 1-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Whatever judgements you throw at another should be reserved for yourself.
Some people do not have Children at all - because there are sooooooo many Children that have no one.
Not every woman on this earth has to bring Children into the world - it is a personal choice.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
It is most interesting that a number of folks on this thread, who would in all likelihood, scream about constitutional rights, etc. Are yelling about how this woman should be forced to take birth control, etc. You really can't do that, at least today.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Blessing to you Amanda...you are a wise Woman......

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Your response is probably one the best here. No I'm not nasty, insensitive maybe but we come from a long line of tough men and women, but one thing you can't accuse me of is not having lack of empathy. I'm shocked to see how many on this thread do lack empathy.

I don't live in the USA but how many of you are prepared to rock on up with some clothes & food for these kids? How many of you are prepared to roll up with your car and take afew of these kids down to the beach for afew hours or play ball with them? I know none of you are going to seriously take any action to foster any of them.

People should put their money where their mouth is and just accept the reality of the suituation. The woman is not evil and I have no doubt she's probably a sweet thing underneath it all, misguided perhaps, but there are 12 LIVE children who have feelings too. This is THEIR mother you are all degrading. You degrade her, you degrade her kids, and they deserve better than that.

Excuse me? I'm not do the judging here, everyone else is doing a mighty fine job of that all on their own and I'm just telling them they're in no position to be judging anyone.

edit on 1-12-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JimMcDonald

Fine, Then you help pay for her actions.

She does deserve to be sterilized as she is offering nothing of use to society, and draining money away from responsible people who should be having kids.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

reply to post by guohua

Thats correct. This thread is not about any of us, but if you are going to spit out yours I'm coming in hard and fast with a response. You can eat it for all I care.

Now those jumping down my God damn throat, how many of you have walked the walk as a single parent? So far, none of you have since you all have'nt admitted it. That tells me everything I need to know.

Now in regards to a two parent family, they too are far from perfect. Sometimes worse than single parent families.

So what the mother is a little bit crazy.....jeez I would be too after having 15 little vegemites. The 10 youngest are fathered by one man. His child support payments? Probably not even enough to cover the bread and milk per week for HIS 10 alone. Why won't he take custody of his 10 kids? One father of the other 5, unsure how many he fathered is in jail. Father number 3?

You are all rubbishing this woman but most of you go silent on the fathers. How bloody typical!

I'm aware some of you have only parented one child. Bringing up one child alone is a great responsibility but one is easy street. Try 3, 4 or 5 !

Now again, I'll ask this.....how many in YOUR military are from single parent homes compared to two parent families? You might get the shock of your lives when you find out.

Here you go again talking about people you know nothing about.
Me,, Born and raised in The Peoples Republic of China, I hold 2 degrees, Doctor of Herbal Medicine and an Electrical Engineer.
Married to another Doctor at 24 and Pregnant at 26 with a girl child, my husband ordered me to abort, I would not, We Divorced. I raised my daughter alone until she was 14 years of age and I Married My Husband and moved to America. I was an only parent in China using public transportation and living in a government issued 3 room apartment on the 3rd. floor, No Elevators!
So Keep Your Unintelligent and Uninformed remarks to yourself.

To The MODS, I'm Sorry, I was Answering this person and Not Trying To Derail My own Thread.
edit on 1-12-2011 by guohua because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimMcDonald
No government anywhere should ever have the right to sterilise people.
All of you crying out for low income or homeless people to be sterilised should be ashamed of yourselves!

Agree 100% that this woman is in no financial or mental situation to be looking after 2 kids - let alone 15!! But there is always other options.
If a homeless person has children that they are unable to provide for, they should have those kids taken into care as they are unfit to be a parent - but (as retarded as they may be) you NEVER have the right to sterilise another person you sick twisted people!!

You all need to take yourselves outside and give your head a wobble - so you do!

you sound like one of their fathers. take care of your damn kids!!!!!
edit on 1-12-2011 by Stryc9nine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
duplicate post
edit on 1-12-2011 by Stryc9nine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Amanda5

Your response is probably one the best here. No I'm not nasty, insensitive maybe but we come from a long line of tough men and women, but one thing you can't accuse me of is not having lack of empathy. I'm shocked to see how many on this thread do lack empathy.

I don't live in the USA but how many of you are prepared to rock on up with some clothes & food for these kids? How many of you are prepared to roll up with your car and take afew of these kids down to the beach for afew hours or play ball with them? I know none of you are going to seriously take any action to foster any of them.

People should put their money where their mouth is and just accept the reality of the suituation. The woman is not evil and I have no doubt she's probably a sweet thing underneath it all, misguided perhaps, but there are 12 LIVE children who have feelings too. This is THEIR mother you are all degrading. You degrade her, you degrade her kids, and they deserve better than that.

Excuse me? I'm not do the judging here, everyone else is doing a mighty fine job of that all on their own and I'm just telling them they're in no position to be judging anyone.

edit on 1-12-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

JERK...have you not read any of my replies to you. Yes, I have taken kids like these for weeks at a time.. Thrown them the only Christmas they have ever know...made sure to only buy them presents that their boi parent wouldn't think they could pawn for drug money. You have now admitted you don't even live in the U.S.

What is your problem Dude.....do you not know anything about law and parental rights...even if the parents suck...

Back off...at least until you have solid ground to stand on in this issue....

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

THANK YOU,,,,,
You Hit The Nail On The Head
You Said It All,,,,, This Person Needs To Learn How Our System Works. The Person Needs To Read, Not just Skim and Throw Out B. S.
He made the statement that they had took her kids and needed to return them,,,,,,,, No They Didn't, Not This Time,,,,, That Was different insentient she had with them, They removed her kids for 6 months I think.
To Bad They Were Returned To Her

edit on 2-12-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

My childhood was probably one of the best most my generation ever had. We were taught the old ways of past generations, we were taught skills probably most of you don't have to survive if SHTF. We had how dysfunctions no less than any other family, I know ALL families have them, but we are tight and incrediably close.

So now you believe my generation need therapy? Or is it because when someone disagrees with you you pull out the "therapy" card? LOL Where I come from you toughen the --- up and just get on with it. Jesus, what the hell is wrong with you people? Maybe I'm dealing with sensitive Americans who love kicking a horse when it's already down like this woman with 15 kids! You're turn might be next, then who is going to come to your aid? Here in Australia we are generous people and we help out when a family is in dire need no matter the circumstances. We may not be able to catch all but we do when they're brought to our attention. BIG difference between us Australians & Kiwis and you Americans. Perhaps it's a cultural thing?

It takes a year to foster a child in the USA. So it takes a year, whats a bloody year? So what you have to wait. A year is better than 2 or 3! So sign up! Go on, knock yourselves out!

edit on 2-12-2011 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I know all too well the mindset of the Chinese people, their cultures and how the dynamics of a Chinese family works - usually of only one child.

Not interested in your academic achievements, has nothing to do with the thread and nor do I give a damn.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I didn't say your generation needs therapy. I did imply that *you* might benefit from it....big difference.

I'll be more than willing to help you, once YOU move to my country, and foster, and adopt children...if you require my assistance.

Until YOU make that move, you have no right to tell me, how you think what I do to help children in this situation, is not adequate, thank you.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I have solid ground on this issue.....a hell of alot more than you going by your responses. That I am sure! Makes no bloody difference if I'm American or Australian!

We don't have the luxury of crying to therapists. I'm not downing anyone because of it, there is a special place for those people but like I said earlier, we were taught to turn a negative in to a positive and make the best out of every suituation. I guess our abilities to tackle life head on differs and so do our realities.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
There is no need for forced sterilization of idiots like her. I bet people like her would have their ovaries scooped out without anesthesia if they got a flat screen TV and a 6 pack of wine cooler.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I have solid ground on this issue.....a hell of alot more than you going by your responses. That I am sure! Makes no bloody difference if I'm American or Australian!

We don't have the luxury of crying to therapists. I'm not downing anyone because of it, there is a special place for those people but like I said earlier, we were taught to turn a negative in to a positive and make the best out of every suituation. I guess our abilities to tackle life head on differs and so do our realities.

You sound so empty an sad...So angry, for what , I don't know...I will Pray for you....Goddess knows you need something.
edit on 2-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I don't need your help but it appears certain you definately need mine. How about you move to Australia and I'll show you our ways of doing things. Now take your "therapy" where the sun don't shine, we're not ultra sensitive cry babies.

Here in Australia, we don't take kids from their mothers simply because she's homeless, poor and even a wee bit crazy regardless of how many kids she has.

Got it?

edit on 2-12-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I don't need your help but it appears certain you definately need mine. How about you move to Australia and I'll show you our ways of doing things. Now take your "therapy" where the sun don't shine, we're not ultra sensitive cry babies.

Here in Australia, we don't take kids from their mothers simply because she's homeless, poor and even a wee bit crazy regardless of how many kids she has.

Got it?

edit on 2-12-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

So, you are saying, You would be more than willing to be daddy to her 15 children...and more, should she keep having them? My, what a fine , fine person you are....I'm glad you have a job that can support all 17 of you.

Until YOU take over providing all financing to feed, clothe, house, medical expenses, education, dental, and any unexpected things like a trip in an ambulance.to the ER...STFU!

Get real Dude....you are just trying to justify why it is cool to take it out of my pocket instead of yours. Or, are you saying that starting right now, you are going to pay my taxes for me...cause, that's how she and her 15 children are being supported.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
bluemirage5 having been a Police officer I know that drug addicted mothers were allowed to keep their babies - or taken into care only to be given back to them.

Drug addicted mothers getting a welfare payment and immediately spending it on drugs. A senior officer who was mentoring me when I was in training - told me how he had to remove a baby from the heroin addicted mother after she had spent her government money on drugs - the baby was dehydrated. He - yes a male officer said the biggest problem was trying to locate nappies for the baby while the Police cared for the Child at the police station - until the Department of Social Securities arrived.

I have many stories - so the point I want to make - don't generalise because I am in Australia and we have many Children living on the street because it is better and safer than living at home. Please realise that there are Children all over the world living in untenable conditions and often without parental care and susceptible to every low life degenerate the devil every breathed life into.

All Children are our responsibility - regardless of how they arrived on the planet. Until we care for all Children we will never evolve. You talked about being selfish to another poster...

Much Peace... to all neglected Children everywhere...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join