It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLASHBACK: Homeless Lady with 15 Kids: ‘Somebody Needs to Pay for All My Children’

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

No I wasn't generalising I was throwing my personal experiences into the mix. I don't judge anyone because I had a less than wonderful childhood and I know life can be tough. This is why I chose to not have Children and I have no regrets as I see soooo many in need.

The woman in the video clip wants someone to pay her - I'd say she needs the fathers to step up but I don't think that is going to happen. The fathers obviously did not want the Children or they would be helping out. I see here a cycle repeating itself.

Instead of the governments spending money on war how about they spend money on social services? I would rather support all the vulnerable Children than support guns and bombs and the murder of innocents. The mother who is the feature of this thread needs help and by helping her the Children will benefit. The world is messed up and this is just another of the many injustices that are ignored everyday.

I'd say the woman needs counselling - before she invites yet another man into her life who will offer sex - that she will interpret as love - and she will be left with another Child. She may not be a drug addict or an alcoholic but she definitely has a problem - you do not bring fifteen Children into the world without considering how you will take care of them.

Much Peace...God knows we need it...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The children are not to blame, and they need their mother and a father. Foster care is not the answer. This lady has done nothing wrong. The system is established to provide for her family. By establishing that welfare system through the Johnson War on Poverty program, there is money given to her to feed her children.

If you do not want to feed her children through welfare, do not establish a welfare program. Prior to the welfare program, kids were starving. Prior to the abortion clinics, women were dying from botched abortions. Do you get the feeling yet that these physical urges are not going to stop? These children would have been born even in a system without welfare, most likely. However, welfare has made it much easier. Abortion has made having irresponsible sex much easier, too.

Most of these issues stem from a lower education. When the US decided to put more money into programs in the 60s that took money from the schools, and when the disciplinary actions were taken out of the schools, this problem got a lot worse.

The welfare system took fathers out of the home. When a woman could receive a welfare check, she knew that she would get more money if she continued to have children living with her under the age of 18. Therefore, as long as a number of kids were around, she got income. She didn't need a man. From that point on, men were kicked out of the family unit by the women. When that happened, the lack of fathers in the home led to a rise in crime.

This program began back in the early 60s when evolution began to be taught in the schools, and the status of man was relegated to that of an advanced, intelligent animal.

You tell people they are animals (evolved), and they will act like animals. You tell people God doesn't exist and they are not responsible for their actions to a higher power and they will do what they want without moral virtues.

And the end result is this woman...

Wake up America. Stop destroying yourself. Get your values back.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
OK i've read all 8 pages. whew! This topic has really touched a raw nerve!My bottom line? Comparing how much our country spends on illegal wars killing untold numbers of children, I would rather spend my (illegal/unConstitutional) tax dollars on welfare any day than dumbass wars. And if this extreme example gets swept in fine, it's still cheaper and better than funding war.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

Well said missvicky.
Your point on page 7 about the men was spot on.

I can't believe how many people approach this type of situation with blinders on. By all means, I fully agree that we need to do what we can to help prevent situations like this... but not by blaming only the women. It TAKES TWO people to bring a child into this world, no matter how you look at it.

This type of thing will never be worked out unless BOTH people who bring a child into the world are held accountable. If you want to tie tubes on a woman, you better d@mn well tie something off on those men who keep knocking these women up as well!

Bah! This is one of those few subjects that can get me bent out of shape, so I'm gonna move on out of this thread. But I want to leave you people with a thought...

If a woman sleeps around all she wants... with all the men she wants, each and every day for a year. How many children can she create and bring into this world after 1 year of doing this? One child right? Unless she's blessed with twins or something, she will bring one child into this world each year.

If a man sleeps around all he wants... with all the women he wants each and every day for a year. How many children can he create and bring into this world after 1 year of doing this? You do the math...

So WHO exactly should be getting "fixed" now?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I understand the plight of many single mothers..

But... after the first kid, wouldn't you just stop having children? Maybe two?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
The welfare system should instead of giving her money for nothing, help her out with options to make her able to support and contribute to her own family.

The welfare system should help her with day care and education/job, instead of giving her money for nothing. The system should provide her with a home and pay the rent through the system directly instead of giving her the money. The system should provide her with food and clothing, but only through the welfare system like a coupon that can only be used for what is printed on the coupon.

The system should only give her family pocket money. If she wants more she must help out by personal contribution, by getting a education or a job.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
You know, I hate to say it.. but I can't stop myself.

It sure seems like she's having as many kids as possible on purpose... yet, after thinking that, I find myself thinking back to all my cousins out in Virginia that are Mormons.

I'm not against their religion, in fact they were the nicest people in the world as I was growing up. It's just funny to me because they always had these huge families, and always had really nice cars and houses... while me, my sister, and our parents were living in a small "ranch" home they rented - basically a trailer, but it had an attic, basement, and garage.

Keep in mind when you have that many kids, there's no way in the world Mom can go out and get a job - she has to stay home to take care of all the kids all day long. I always just thought the father made really good money - you know when you hear somebody's making $100,000 a year it's usually a nice amount of money; but these people had at least 6 kids, then as soon as their kids turned 18 they went out, got married, and started having lots of children too .

I don't even have any clue who all of them are anymore; I lost track several years ago. It just seems "funny" to me...

Maybe she should hook up with Romney?

In a weird way I wonder if the system keeps things like this going on purpose..
edit on 2-12-2011 by Time2Think because: typos

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Grrrrrrrrr I am SO sick of all this "baby Momma" and "baby Daddy" garbage. That's just a way of saying, I didn't use protection and had a baby, but I'm not commiting to anything. Pure IGNORANCE! Sad to say, but most of those kids will go on to be future "baby Mommas and Daddies", because of the fools that "raised" them.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
She keeps having kids as a way of getting government income but it's now not working.

All her children should be taken off her and the tax payers should be happy to pay to get her tubes tied. This is a case of mental instability and something should be done.

But being America ....good luck with that!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I didnt watch the vid but this is ridiculous!!!!

Why she having so many kids? She looks young too.... hope she doesnt have anymore....

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

This is a perfect example of why we need to get rid of welfare programs in their current state. It encourages and rewards this type of stupidity and creates multiple burdens on honest, hard working taxpayers. This woman and her children are not my responsibility, yet she and lots of politicians think they are all my responsibility. They are not. She is a criminal who is infringing upon MY rights.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I have a hobby that is just as valid to me as it is for men and women who decide to squeeze another one out but I am not asking for a hand out from the taxpayer to pay for it.

I am sick of having to hear about breeders rights. Yes I have two children one to replace me and one to replace my wife. I did not want kids, not at all but it was my wife right or so she said so we settled on two even though at marriage she accepted my condition of no children or no marriage! My wife stayed home to be a mother as it should be after all that is what she wanted, children, so take responsibility stay home whilst the father makes the money or visa versa! Yes we did not do the things I wanted to and planned for as having children cost. They are now fully grown and lol still cost lol at myself.... Both have good jobs but with the high cost of home buying meant we had to help out with the down payment etc.

My point is that this indiscriminate breeding cost the earth in many facets, in resources besides what it cost the tax payer. I do feel for the single people, married people or couples of the same sex who don't have kids as they have to pay for other peoples hobbies besides those who decide that its their right to demand that the taxpayer pays for their little bundle of joy in child benefits. These non breeders pay in the taxes that pays for schools, school meals etc. and the most outrageous IMHO tax credit or welfare payments for child sitters whilst the parent(s) go to work or other excuses not to take responsibility for the care of their young! The non breeders also pay for higher insurance in all forms and all other costs that rise because of supply and demand theories. Parking is harder with all of these people little ones driving when the hit 16 if they can find the money for a car etc etc etc. Cars seem cheaper now than when I was younger for an example when I was stationed in the 82nd ABN at Ft Bragg we had parade fields which are now parking lots..... Wonder where they parade now....

Everyone has rights, but the breeder just seems to over rule the none breeder's rights.

BTW although I did not want children I am very pleased that by working two jobs that my wife was able to stay home and be the mother she wanted to be and the way she was raised by her parents! Our children never knew babysitters always had Birthday parties to die for and much more that I did not have. When they were sick they were not sent to school to make their classmates sick because their mother was at home ready to look after them whilst being a homemaker. Our children's classmates were sent to school as a form of babysitting for the parents who wanted a life as well making others and teachers ill!

We all want a better life for our children or so the saying goes that I have heard most of my life in the media! I was raised by a single parent as my father was the other womans husband who never even gave me his name let alone child support to my mother. I wanted my kids to have a childhood and we have achieve that. I just wished that others would consider their life form before they squeeze one out or the many! When people like the one in this story have so many children again IMHO mean those children do not have a childhood. Many of them take on adult responsibilities like I did as I felt obligated to help my mother out by doing house work, yard work and many times cooking my own meals and too many times being home alone! Before my Mom had her degree I went to work with her cleaning out banks when she work even though that was illegal!

Again I am sorry for this outburst but I had to vent my feelings as they have been held for so long but this story took my patience and I could not keep quiet as usual. Now feel free to attack me lol as I have left myself open for it. Come n get me

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I think Clinton was working on a five year plan where someone that started on Welfare would be off and employed in five years.

Some money need to know that the vagina isn't a freakin' clown car.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Ha ha... lady... somebody needs to pay for ALL this # around us, not just your personal responsibilities.

Should anyone have the "right" to make 15 kids in a world where we can barely account for 2?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
i won't get much love for this commen, but i'm ok with that. it's the states fault. mainly education wise. people like this don't know better. people seem to deny or forget that you are a product of your environment. tell me who your best friends are and i'll tell you who you are.... etc...

she honestly is a victim of her own folly. i promise you if someone raised her to know better this would have never happened

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy

i promise you if someone raised her to know better this would have never happened

Nurture, or education, is no guarantee.

I have family that proves this much. Same home, same school, same economic status, same friends, same jobs, same diet and hobbies, the end results are nothing alike each other.

Barring some massive head trauma or neurological disorder the differences are so drastic you'd believe them not related at all.

To clarify a bit so you dont think I'm referring to something petty and superficial like taste in music or something one went on to become a community pillar with a small business and the other a baby producing slang talkin' burger flipper still at home with the parents.

I'm not going to say one is right and one wrong or one has more value than the other because that's not my place or intent. I'm simply illustrating that nurture is no guarantee of outcome.
edit on 2-12-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This may sound really harsh but I'm sick of irresponsible people like this MILKING the system for THEIR choices and mistakes. They are rewarded with being taken care of by others for their irresponsible decision to have kids they can't afford to take care of.

If you have kids knowing you can't take care of them they should be taken away and you should get ZERO. Next time make better choices! It's not fair to that kid most of all to be born in a situation where they can't defend themselves. That child is born without a chance and nothing stable, not fair to the baby. People who choose to have more kids than they can feed or take care of shouldn't be getting any help. They should be given BC or something to neuter them! Sorry but I see this all too much in FL and it gets sickening. Many people DO have the attitude that oh if I have a kid I'll get free money. NOTHING is free, someone always pays for it.

It would be great if I could get some assistance but no I'm 33, single female with no kids, women like this suck up all the money for assistance because she can't keep her legs closed and use protection...SICK!

If I sound harsh sorry, this kind of stuff pisses me off. She obviously doesn't care about these kids and her carelessly having them without means to support them shows it.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Compounded problem is that the choices of the irresponsible interfere with the choices of the responsible.

The ever increasing expense of providing for these children directly affects the income available to care for other children.

A young couple with a new home has a tax burden that is a direct result of the number of children and their relative needs in a community. In some areas that burden is so high it makes having children impractical for that young couple. That few hundred dollars every month going to feed/clothe/educate mouths that are not their own is putting their own child, should they have one, at a disadvantage.

What's left of the responsible class is not procreating nearly as much as the irresponsible class and government levied tax burdens play a role in that. A very real budget manipulating role. Sure, your burden is altered if you have a child but it isnt relieved unless you're already in a lower economic strata.

That young professional couple is at the pinching point between not poor enough to benefit and not wealthy enough to rise above the fees, taxes and expenses.

So we have one more incentive splitting the nation in two. Lower class cattle for the oligarchs and the oligarchs.

Why should I have a child if I cant give my child the best I can? Sure, I could have one and just add to the ever-growing sea of those "barely getting by" but why do that intentionally? Maybe it's worth having one just to point out who is responsible for keeping him down and put a rifle in his hand.
edit on 2-12-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join