It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O Reilly Pays For His Actions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

He will only accept the first contribution, then you're out. He obviously finds that you get fewer and fewer dissenters that way. The guy's a fraud.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by L00kingGlass

By "unpredictable" I meant he doesn't follow clear party lines. He has some progressive views, some conservative views, and a ton of just plain weird views

I suppose Libertarian views would be frightening and strange compared to the views held by Democrats and Republicans.

Not frightening, they simply don't make sense in a lot of cases

Please explain which of the views/stances you find strange or that don't make sense.
edit on 10-11-2011 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, because whenever I march on someones house to burn it to the ground, I always like to try and buy American.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

"So, why don't any other republican supporters "spam" the online polls?"

Oh they do, but Ron Paul is the only one they claim does it.
Here is one for Mitts folks to mass vote:
ultimitt.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

How about him asking to abolish all regulations that protect the environment we live in, and the air we breathe? According to him, companies should be allowed to pollute at will...which is INSANE if you consider BP for example.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

How about him asking to abolish all regulations that protect the environment we live in, and the air we breathe? According to him, companies should be allowed to pollute at will...which is INSANE if you consider BP for example.

At the Federal level?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dillweed

no problem!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

No, at all levels! Instead of laws, he wants that people just try to sue those polluting...which has major flaws:

1) Tons of people could never afford to sue in the first place.
2) The mega corporations polluting (like BP, etc.) have better lawyers.
3) Corporations will just pollute and try to keep the fines low, looking at it as a cost (like the Koch brothers are already doing to some extent).
4) China does it like this...last I checked, IT ISN'T WORKING!!!

And of course once there's no laws in place to prevent pollution, on what legal grounds would you sue?? We know pollution increases the risk of cancer, but if you sue some factory because it pollutes and you now have cancer, they can just claim you got it "from something else".

In short, he's just as bought by big business like 99.9% of politicians

But like I said, sometimes he's right, like when it comes to the ridiculous foreign policy the US currently has...and the amount of military bases that cost a fortune.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

No, at all levels! Instead of laws, he wants that people just try to sue those polluting...which has major flaws:

1) Tons of people could never afford to sue in the first place.
2) The mega corporations polluting (like BP, etc.) have better lawyers.
3) Corporations will just pollute and try to keep the fines low, looking at it as a cost (like the Koch brothers are already doing to some extent).
4) China does it like this...last I checked, IT ISN'T WORKING!!!

And of course once there's no laws in place to prevent pollution, on what legal grounds would you sue?? We know pollution increases the risk of cancer, but if you sue some factory because it pollutes and you now have cancer, they can just claim you got it "from something else".

In short, he's just as bought by big business like 99.9% of politicians

But like I said, sometimes he's right, like when it comes to the ridiculous foreign policy the US currently has...and the amount of military bases that cost a fortune.

I admit I may be wrong in saying this, but I'm pretty sure he would leave it up to the State to do as they wish. I'll have to look into that though.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

So, basically, you're saying, "give up"?

Let Bill O'Reilly, and everybody else in the media get away with trying to rig the election, by picking the candidates for us? (even more than they are already rigged) Or, are you saying, go for the "lesser of two EVILS"?

Isn't that kinda what helped us to get to this place in the long run?

The fact that such a great effort is being made by the EVILS to downplay Ron Paul and his message means that we have to do everything possible to get the word out to everyone we know about him.

He has been amazingly consistent about the policies he would like to see put into place for all these years. That alone would be a talking point to anyone. His policies make sense! After all, why vote for your favorite flavor (D or R) only to see the same ol', same ol' happening yet again, AS ALWAYS!

"We, the People", still have some time before the 2012 election, but it is running out, so we need to act now.

We can find out what we need to do to make sure that we can vote for Ron Paul in the primaries, which is what needs to happen to make it possible for him to become the Republican nominee. But even if that would not work, he could still be a write in candidate.

There is a web site called BlueRepublican.com (I think ?) that gives information by state regarding what needs to be done to be able to vote in your state's primary.

In the meantime, we can discuss Ron Paul with everyone we know. All we have to do is let people know why we like him, and appreciate the fact that he has been consistent in his policies for a long time.

The average person probably doesn't know a lot about Ron Paul, EXACTLY because the MSM is not just dismissive of him, they don't even acknowledge that he EXISTS, for the most part. When they are forced to acknowledge him, like Bill O'Reilly, their attitude subtly suggests that he is a crackpot of some sort, or somehow dishonest, or wrong, or the poll is skewed because his fans are rigging it somehow (like, by responding, lol).

Most of all, the MSM tries to make it seem as if he's not really a viable candidate. We can let people know that he is. We can take every opportunity to spread the word, give out his website, or share a video of him talking about his ideas.

Right now I am noticing that the EVILS might be a little more concerned about Ron Paul than they want us to think, because I have been seeing and hearing suggestions that Ron Paul can't win, but may split the Republican vote which will allow Barak Obama to win again.

In 2008 I checked out a lot of the candidates that were running for the party nominations, and also some of the third party candidates. After doing my research, there was NO WAY that I would have been able to vote for any of the major candidates on either side, and that includes Mitt Romney. (I was going to say "especially Mitt Romney, but they all had some history I didn't care for, so...)

I ended up voting for a third party candidate.........I voted my conscience, instead of the lesser of two EVILS, because I wanted to be able to feel good about my choice. I didn't want to have to feel responsible for putting the other side of the coin, but still, the same coin, into office, AGAIN.

You do what you want to do, but a while ago, I decided not to either give up, OR go for the "lesser of two EVILS" anymore. How can we expect anything to change if we give up before we get started?

WE CAN work together for the good of ALL of us, regardless of our differences.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

There's a clip somewhere on Youtube of him going into detail, don't have time to look it up again right now (off to the pub), articles too

Either way, it won't matter. Because even if it's on only on the Federal level, that just means it's even easier for companies to pollute. Think about it: All they have to do is pick one of the 50 states where the government is corrupt and bought. Out of the 50 states, how many of the governors and senators are bought do you think? My guess is, it's probably more than one

So essentially, a few states would turn into the sewage system of the country. Ask yourself, do you really want that???

I'm all for government efficiency, and making it "lean"...but the reality is, there are some places where the government IS necessary and helpful. Like cops, or firefighters, or national security (not at the crazy levels the US is at now ofc), or making sure people can't be exploited, or that the environment people live in doesn't get destroyed, or that everyone has the same fair chance to "make it", or that there's no discrimination at the workplace, and that those unfortunate suffering from horrible circumstances that rob them of their health and ability to pay for food don't just die in the streets (like they did a few decades ago), and so on...

Of course all this has to be efficient, more efficient than now...but having an "unbiased" control and help like that overall improves the country. As it stands now, it's inefficient and corrupt beyond anything you can dream of. Like, oil companies building pipelines through the entire country can pick their own private "regulator" that "checks" that they don't harm anyone...and guess what, all those guys are BOUGHT! This has to change, but it doesn't mean that regulation is always bad.

Left, right, center...it DOESN'T MATTER. What really needs to happen is that the system gets fixed, because it's CORRUPT. And when RP comes out and proposes stuff that clearly benefits corruption (like abolishing environmental laws), it tells me that he's just as bought as the rest of them...sadly.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Nice OP. This still makes me chuckle.
2nd

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by BadNinja68

And the moral of the story? Stop trying to work in a corrupt system. You will never win a rigged game.
edit on 10-11-2011 by antonia because: rawr

Antonia,
It's the American way, GW Bush won that way....twice

edit on 10-11-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

So, what has the EPA done to prevent disasters from companies like Exxon & BP?
Even better, what have they done since?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddog99
reply to post by MrXYZ

So, what has the EPA done to prevent disasters from companies like Exxon & BP?
Even better, what have they done since?
Exactly, where's the EPA when you need them? Out finding spotted owls? They have grown far beyond their original mission, and they need to be abolished and then re-built.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
How did this thread get from Bill O'Reilly to spotted ooools?

O'Reilly is an obnoxious tyrant, and does not even know how to conduct an interview with grace, throwing out his guests comes to mind. Loud mouth yobs get no creedence in this neck of the woods.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

So are you guys actually "slamming" polls? Is it true or false?

New term for me but I understand what it means. If you folks are doing that it means it ruins the polls right? It means you are attempting to dishonestly skew the polls to get false results, right?

Odd considering Paul is on FoxNews pretty much every day. I think he has been on more that fifty times now. Why are you not going after the other media that give him zero coverage? Odd?

Now Paul is a hard core Conservative with a Libertarian slant. I get the impression some of his supporters are Progressives or from the Far Left. How does that happen? Paul supporters are very confusing to me. Paul is confusing to me. I've read all the stuff on his site but still am not sure what he would do in many circumstances. I guess I need to review his voting record more to dig out the facts. I wish he were better at expressing himself when interviewed, so I could read him better.

If I get him right, if he had his way there would be no social programs at all. You guys realize that? That's so far right it's in another country. Might be a good thing, I'm not sure.

Why do you think he will get the nomination? If he runs third party Obama wins, which worries me a bit. I hope he was honest about that the other day. It is of course his right to do so, so don't get me wrong here. Still trying to understand the guy and I wonder if his supporters actually understand him?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I think Ron Paul and Bill O'reilly are good friends, just playing their part for the show

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
If he wasnt on tv,

everybody,
please repeat that quip above at least 1,000,000,000,000 times over the course of your lifetime, saturating it into yours and those around you skulls,

the best example of a brain washing flock maker ever, is that powerful screen and the messages put across it,
over and over and over and over.........................

by all of them.

Common sense R.I.P.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join