It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O Reilly Pays For His Actions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Oh man.. His book rating is toast.

More than a 3-1 margin on 1's and 5's .. ouch...

His sponsors have been getting the brunt of it too.

Looks like this wasn't the only 'oops' moment of the week.

Had a look at the numbers and more than 55 pages of the 85 pages of reviews were left in the past 48 hours.

Talk about blowblack.
edit on 11/10/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I have to agree with BohoBrim here, you guys are wasting your time. All O'reilly is going to do is point out your actions as further justification for what he does.
Yeah and then his newest book which he holds in such high esteem won't sell half as many copies as he expected.

No one watches people like Beck or O'reilly to learn anything. People watch these shows to have their own points of view mirrored back to them. There is nothing fair or balanced about it and if you ever thought there was you really need to sell your tv because you just aren't smart enough to handle it right now.
So it's OK for the news network to pretend like their fair and balanced and constantly hammer the idea that they're unbiased into their viewers....whatever.

And why do you need to vote in a Bill O'reilly poll to validate your support of Ron Paul? Personally, I think you guys invest way too much time in him. Anyone with political sense knows he'll never win, yet here you are expecting him to save you.
Not just me, but the country. He's the only politician that seriously talks about ending the wars, auditing the Fed, ending the drug wars, and our screwed up monetary system. The rest are just a bunch of establishment clowns who are just going to screw this country up further while Americans tell themselves voting for another puppet will help the country out.

Laying down and accepting that the America that once was is lost is probably the stupidest thing we could do.
edit on 10-11-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I'd like to see him go on the Daily Show and discuss it with Jon Stewart. Comedy gold.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
I'd like to see him go on the Daily Show and discuss it with Jon Stewart. Comedy gold.

He was on The Daily Show recently. is.gd...

Didn't see the whole thing. I do recall Bill being on the offense, as usual.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by antonia

Yeah and then his newest book which he holds in such high esteem won't sell half as many copies as he expected.

It was only held in high esteem by people who actually watch his show. They are unlikely to be affected by anything Paul fan's say about it.

So it's OK for the news network to pretend like their fair and balanced and constantly hammer the idea that they're unbiased into their viewers....whatever.

I said nothing about the morality of it. I addressed the reality of it. If the reality of it bothers you don't watch Fox news. In fact, you just might not want to watch the news. Murdoch and Ailes were well known as pariatisn hacks before Fox news ever was created. Why in the hell would watch something two partisan hacks create and expect it to be fair? That's some stupid behavior. All Bill is going to do is pretend to be the victim of attacks as he always does and I will bet you anything amazon will delete your reviews.

Not just me, but the country. He's the only politician that seriously talks about ending the wars, auditing the Fed, ending the drug wars, and our screwed up monetary system. The rest are just a bunch of establishment clowns who are just going to screw this country up further while Americans tell themselves voting for another puppet will help the country out.

That's all dandy, here's the problem: He won't win. And then in 2016 if they guy is dead you will be looking for someone else to save you.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

I lol'ed

I have to agree with BohoBrim here, you guys are wasting your time. All O'reilly is going to do is point out your actions as further justification for what he does.

No one watches people like Beck or O'reilly to learn anything. People watch these shows to have their own points of view mirrored back to them. There is nothing fair or balanced about it and if you ever thought there was you really need to sell your tv because you just aren't smart enough to handle it right now.

And why do you need to vote in a Bill O'reilly poll to validate your support of Ron Paul? Personally, I think you guys invest way too much time in him. Anyone with political sense knows he'll never win, yet here you are expecting him to save you.
edit on 10-11-2011 by antonia because: opps

This is why it is so easy to influence masses. They think they see it all, and they miss everything.

You do understand the bulk of Bill's income and paycheck stems from advertisers and sponsors.
These sponsors are more fickle than aprom queen, and they DO notice online backlash.
Waste of time caling out a shill?
Again, This is why this country is so screwed up. Lazy apathetic masses who are unwilling to think for themselves.

If you don't think Bill feels this you are blind and sheltered. bHis sponsors are like oxygen to his platform.
No sponsors.. no show.. no soapbox to stand on.
Pay attention to how things work, not how Bill tells you it works.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

O'reilly is dangerous, and I think he should be reined in, and just as you say go after the advertisers. Fox lets this windbag do whatever he can get away with to hurt Ron Pauls campaign, so if we complain to his advertisers, we could slow him down. His arrogance is sinful. and he needs to be knocked down a few pegs.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
This was pretty good, Bill O'Reilly's book torn a new one by Steven Colbert...

www.colbertnation.com...

Bill O'Reilly supports America's troops by sending them what they need most on the battlefield: his book.

Toilet paper is a valuable commodity out there in the desert....

Not to afghanis, they would rather use smooth stones to wipe off and stop up septic tanks. Toilet paper to them is a decoration.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I don't know how I feel about this

I don't completely agree with this tactic
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadNinja68

reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

This is why it is so easy to influence masses. They think they see it all, and they miss everything.

You do understand the bulk of Bill's income and paycheck stems from advertisers and sponsors.
These sponsors are more fickle than aprom queen, and they DO notice online backlash.
Waste of time caling out a shill?
Again, This is why this country is so screwed up. Lazy apathetic masses who are unwilling to think for themselves.

If you don't think Bill feels this you are blind and sheltered. bHis sponsors are like oxygen to his platform.
No sponsors.. no show.. no soapbox to stand on.
Pay attention to how things work, not how Bill tells you it works.

This assumes sponsors are keen on Paul winning the nomination. If they were we wouldn't even be having this discussion. He would have won a long time ago. I don't give two craps how Bill says things work. I know how they work because I've worked it it. The Republican party will never nominate Paul. I know this because I worked for them and I heard the way they spoke about him. The party elite will never allow it. You guys are living in a dream world.

People who watch Bill O'reilly are unlikely to support Ron Paul. I don't get why you can't understand this. You are not the demographic driving his show, so he's not going to worry about you.
edit on 10-11-2011 by antonia because: forgot something

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
You miss the point, O'Reilly is liar who passes himself off as one who's 'lookin' out for you', and people actually trust this guy. That's just plain bad.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

This assumes sponsors are keen on Paul winning the nomination. If they were we wouldn't even be having this discussion. He would have won a long time ago. I don't give two craps how Bill says things work. I know how they work because I've worked it it. The Republican party will never nominate Paul. I know this because I worked for them and I heard the way they spoke about him. The party elite will never allow it. You guys are living in a dream world.

His sponsors care ONLY about his ratings and their product image.
If he garners negative attention to the products he endorses, the money stops flowing his way.

Simple economics.. the politics of MONEY matters, not party affiliations or elections.

To the sponsors.. it's only about money. Not Ron Paul.

Political affiliations do not bring instant gratification needed buy advertisers who spend gajillions on ads, hoping to influence quarterly stock reports.

They don't play the game far enough ahead to care who Bill O'Reily supports. only that he promotes their product in a positive manner.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

They don't play the game far enough ahead to care who Bill O'Reily supports. only that he promotes their product in a positive manner.

This is simply not true. Most advertising firms spend massive amounts of time determinng the best demographic to show their ad's to. They do play the game pretty far ahead. A lot further than you and I.

Bill did this crap in 2008 when Paul ran. It didn't hurt him then and it is unlikely to do so now.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Reply to post by BohemianBrim

I got no problem with a regular reminder of how useless these talkers are, because a lot of people still believe the crap rolling out of these mouths. So posts like yours full of ego hinders the progress of inquisitive minds like Tupac shedding light on topics you seem to know everything about. Keep it up Tupac

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Nice I just put my Review up!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

It was only held in high esteem by people who actually watch his show. They are unlikely to be affected by anything Paul fan's say about it.
It's pretty obvious that seeing a book with a 2 star rating, no matter who the author, will make a person have second thoughts about buying it.

I said nothing about the morality of it. I addressed the reality of it. If the reality of it bothers you don't watch Fox news.
I don't, but just like I said, there are millions that do and truly believe that it's an honest and unbiased news agency. That's dishonest, because they push propaganda. Sure, that's the reality, but it's a reality that unfortunately many are blind to.

In fact, you just might not want to watch the news. Murdoch and Ailes were well known as pariatisn hacks before Fox news ever was created. Why in the hell would watch something two partisan hacks create and expect it to be fair? That's some stupid behavior. All Bill is going to do is pretend to be the victim of attacks as he always does and I will bet you anything amazon will delete your reviews.
I really doubt amazon's going to delete all of the one star reviews. Some of the more obvious ones like "Bill sucks! Ron Paul 2012!" will likely get deleted, but lots of them pretend to be honest book reviews.

That's all dandy, here's the problem: He won't win. And then in 2016 if they guy is dead you will be looking for someone else to save you.
Or I can try to save myself, as I've been doing, with the occupy protest movement that I've been a part of.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

"Watching Fox News makes the whole world blind" --ATS members TupacShakur

Screw Bill O Reilly, I wish people would do things like this not just because of his attitude towards Ron Paul, but just because of his general way of portraying the news. I would honestly prefer that a big angry mob gets some pitchforks and torches, then burns his house down, but I'll settle for sabotaging his book sales.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

This is simply not true. Most advertising firms spend massive amounts of time determinng the best demographic to show their ad's to. They do play the game pretty far ahead. A lot further than you and I.

Bill did this crap in 2008 when Paul ran. It didn't hurt him then and it is unlikely to do so now.

They spend massive ammounts of money to get immediate results.

They think quarter to quarter when addressing TV endorsements and ad spots...not an entire year and presidential election intot he future. They know they can't control the election, but they can affect product image today.

They need to be able to show results NOW.. not take a lump now and make it up later.
You give them way too much credit.
Advertisers are very very fickle. So is the public.

Things happen fast in advertising and product image.

It's checkers not chess.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated

I still laugh whenever I watch the Bill O'Reilly interview with Marilyn Manson. Bill O'Reilly is a tool. Literally.

LMAO....I wish I could have seen that. Marilyn Manson probably wiped the floor up with O'Reilly.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I love watching Bill Orielly and Fox News stays on my HDTV for most of my day even when its on mute. There is no news network more entertaining. Watching them say things with straight faces and actually feeling like they speak for the people knowing that they're losing is great. Hatred and disgust at logic and reason can be entertaining. I used to love the religious handkerchief infomercials as well. First time I saw it I thought I was watching an In Living Color skit.

What better way to know their agenda than to watch their news? Stop hating him so much and realize he's simply embarrassing himself and doing what we can't by hanging his own rope daily.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join