It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Toronto to Ban Pits... Could the ban be Spreading?!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Your a moron!

Now your saying that everyone Afro-American in NY/NJ has a Pit?

Since you come across as about 2 I'll spell it out for you.

I-G-N-O-R-A-N-T

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Pit bulls are a strange breed. They were bred first and foremost to fight! They love a good fight, it's in there nature. They were first used to fight lions of all animals. Here's the thing:

We had a pit bull. His name was Spark, he was UKC registered. You can't find those anymore after the French ban on the breed especially because all the bad hype that took place after that happened.

Spark hated other dogs. He would not bark if he saw another male dog he would just kill it. If a female dog came toward him he would want to play Huhh and other things, he was never aggressive to females.

If a person were to approach him he would walk up to that person, wag his tail, and if we were with the person Spark would be friendly. If that same person came up to the dog unsuppervised at night, well Spark wouldn't like that much. Ask my brother in law, 8 stiches to his face. Seems my brother in law walked into my yard drunk one night and stomped his foot next to Sparks' face. Spark returned the greeting by bitting him once and then backeing off. My brother in law after his hang over told me "Well bub, that dog did just what he was supposed to do!"

Pit bulls are aggressive and can be hard headed. I know, I used to head butt Spark all the time when we were playing and his head didn't give once LOL. He stayed in the house and never used the restroom once. He loved the whole family and our friends.

The breed has gone to hell lately because of people. The people that have pit bulls either want to fight them with other dogs in pits or they beat them to make them mean. Unfortunitly most pit bulls now are around for this purpose. The breed although a fighting breed, isn't a fighting breed as far as the genetics of the dog when it comes to people but they are predisposed for a good dog fight. The thing with all these pits bulls fighting people is mostly learned behaviour do to the fact the owners of these dogs can be nutters as the Brits would say. Also the breed is not well suited in some minor cases to be owned soley by say, an older person that is unable to control the dogs' hard headed streak. Sometimes this can cause a pit to attack a person. The dog may not realise it is harming that person though.

No I don't think they should ban the breed. They should make you mussel the dog around other dogs. Unfortunitly do to the fact that most pit bull owners are up to no good at least here, I don't know about there, I think the owners should be required to post the proper bond in case something happens. Not saying the current owner of the dog is a nut case but sometimes the owner may not know the dogs history so to speak. It may have been abused in the past. Happens a lot.

IMO the aggressive behaviour of pit bulls toward people is because of learned
behaviour and is not do to the genetic makeup of the breed.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
they are always picking up idiots for fighting pits and drug selliong..who do they pick up mac you ass???? college graduates or good people or trash you tell me smart guy lmfao nt!

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
mzthang1 your an idiot.

I'm not having this conversation with you.

I look forward to seeing you warn tag, hopefully more.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
lol ohh my warn tag i better behave now lmfao...just face it man the majority of people with pits are ok but the majority of people with pits fighting and drug dealing are not well educated or nice people

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
get his attention by challeging him and he runs thats ok mac you wont be the last lmfao thanks for your wit dude nt!

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   

the majority of people with pits are ok but the majority of people with pits fighting and drug dealing are not well educated or nice people

Huh - two majorities?

Sorry, I didn't run. I have a life outside ATS, and dinner.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
plus if your in canada does the news count anyways

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Ok i want to see no more of this!!!

You already have 2 warns i suggest if you do not have something decent to say then you refrain from doing so,

Asala

[edit on 13-9-2004 by asala]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
and make mac feel better im sorry moderator im makeing your job hard ill behave we can both watch make you like he is already lmfao nt!

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Update:

Yesterday in Toronto two Pit-Bulls got their paws on a J.R. and basically tore him to bits.

A near by construction worker saw what was happening and jumped in, beating the two pits with a 2x4.

The pits didn't respond to the beating at all.

Minus one J.R.

Link when I find one.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The pit bulls then ran home, followed by neighbours who confronted the owner as he was leaving to look for his dogs. The owner burst into tears when he saw the dead terrier, a witness said.

Heres a link: Pit bulls kill dog

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
People keep making the mistake of equating animal aggression with human aggression.

If the Pit killed the Jack Russel, or any other animal, it was because he was not properly socialized: hence owners fault, not dog's.

Any breed of dog has a certain amount of animal aggression. Some more than others.

As for human aggression, I would rather be around a dozen Pits, than a poodle, chihuaha, chow, or lab. On the ATTS( American Temperment Testing Society), Pits ranked in the 95%, while the others ranked 85% or lower. The chances of a human being bit by a Lab, are more than being bit by a Pit.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I blame this recent attack on the owners.

Why would they just let their dogs be loose?

It is people like these that give a bad impression on the others.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Another update: Yesterday a 19 year old boy was attacked by two pits while mowing his neighbours lawn. One dog grabbed his left foot, while the other grabbed his right. Then they proceded to pull his two legs apart, making him fall to the ground. One dog stayed at his feet, while the other bit at his head.

The boy is fine, after 100+ stitches.

The Ontario government is considering jail time for owners of all dog breeds that attack, if it is found the pet's owner acted irresponsibly, Attorney General Michael Bryant said today.

"If you're not caring for your dog, and something very serious happens, you're going to pay the price," Bryant warned dog owners as he entered the weekly government cabinet meeting.

Source

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Pity they couldn't legalize pitbull dog castration to stop them breeding, and if the dog still bites someone, castrate the owner as well.
Remove the owners remove the problem....

www.ctv.ca...

Ontario's Attorney General Michael Bryant is expected to announce Friday a plan to ban pit bulls in the province, CFTO News has learned.

The ban is expected to prevent anyone who doesn't already own a pit bull from bringing one into Ontario, according to the CFTO report.

Current pit bull owners won't have to hand over their dogs, but they will face restrictions, possibly including:

Using leashes and muzzles on pit bulls in public places
A complete ban of pit bulls from public parks
Stiff fines and even jail time if the pit bull attacks or harms someone

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Pity they couldn't legalize pitbull dog castration to stop them breeding, and if the dog still bites someone, castrate the owner as well.
Remove the owners remove the problem....

You'd think it'd be mandatory to have them spayed or neutered as well in banning them because otherwise their population is still going to remain and people will still get them.

[edit on 14-10-2004 by parrhesia]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I totally agree Parr!

Also if cats can be declawed, then Pitbulls should be de-teethed.
No one ever suffered from being savagely gummed by a dog.

All we need ot do is be a little more creative....

LL1

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It's the owners and not the breed from what I have seen.

"In a rare move, a panel of judges has overturned the dismissal of a lawsuit challenging Yonkers' dangerous-animal ordinance and issued an order that prohibits the city from enforcing its breed-specific law, which requires owners of pit bulls and other dogs to muzzle their pets in public and carry insurance. "

www.nyjournalnews.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
I totally agree Parr!

Also if cats can be declawed, then Pitbulls should be de-teethed.
No one ever suffered from being savagely gummed by a dog.

All we need ot do is be a little more creative....

haha, savagely gummed... nope, can't say they have. Though, babies have quite the grip with their jaws as wee ones, I imagine dogs could at least give you a nice bruise, but that's about as savage as it could get with no teeth!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join