It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paralyzed illegal costs taxpayers millions. REFUSES deportation

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by Common Good

I would gladly help him out, anyway I could!
I mean the man has a wife and children from what I read.

Glad the doctors performed surgery on him, NO ONE should be denied ER services.

NO ONE should be denied, but NO ONE should be above anyone else when it comes to the laws of this country; especially those not citizens of this country.

I just had a GREAT IDEA....

I know who we can bill..... THE HOME COUNTRY OF SAID ILLEGAL.

So sure, care for the guy- but dont bill the American taxpayer- Bill the country in which the person is from.

Can you agree with that? Or is that just asking too much ?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
You have to love americans hyprocrisy... Really, you do, because otherwise, threads like this would be just plain annoying.

The US used to be a place of all opportunities, especially for those who chased after them. People talk like they have a magical right over where they live, while forgetting that the US is a child compared to most countries. You seem to forget that you (your ancestors) conquered that land from people who actually lived where you live for centuries, and I'm sure I don't need to remind the horrors of the process.

You also seem to forget your own country's international policy. How many lifes have you ruined? How many wars for the wrong reasons have you started? How many small conflicts were imposed by your interests, and how many others who WERE important passed unoticed because those DIDN'T fit with your interests?

Let's also not forget that the interests I'm refering to aren't heroic. They aren't related to put food on your children mouth, or save the dying needy. Your country conquers, destroys and leaves for scavenging because of oil. For sake of you driving your gas-drunken SUV's... In Europe we have cars that have engines(versions) that aren't sold in the US because THEY ARE TOO EFFICIENT AND SMALL, and on the same note, you have versions in the US that aren't sold in Europe because they WASTE too much and have too much power...

So, you keep trashing illegal immigrants while your country is based on illegal immigration, you keep saying you have your rights to basic things, while you destroy stable nations to take what they have, and you imply humanity for your own, while you live in a country that only concerns itself with humanity to it's own greed.

Am I the only one to see the pathetic pattern here? The disgusting hypocrisy in all this? How can you all trash-mouths be so selfish? And then it comes to a surprise to you when people blow up your soldiers, insult you with every breath and burn your flags? REALLY? I'm half across the globe, in a country that has little to do with the US, and I'm reading this crap. Can you imagine someone who was affect by your country's bombs, reading this crap? Or someone who manufactures your shoes, south of the border, who gets paid 5dollars a month?

Obviously they aren't reading this, because your greed and american dream drain so much out of so many people, that they can't even afford internet, or the othet luxuaries your daily life has.

BUT, mostly.... Let's not forget the hundreds... The THOUSANDS of americans who DAILY cross the northern border, into Canada, so they can receive medical treatment, because they can't afford it in the US. In Canada, the health-care is paid by tax money. Everyone gives a little, so anyone can use it for free. You know, the same logic that countries like the UK and most Europe use, because it's simply MORE HUMANE. Countries like Canada accept foreign patients because it's the right thing to do, they won't go bankrupt over giving a surgery, or helping someone sick. Americans, who act exactly like anybody else, are the ones who claim that you have to pay for basic humane things, even when your own people USE the goodness of other countries, when your so-good-that-I-can't-even-describe can't do sh*t or could care less about it's OWN patients...

And then, what? A Mexican can't use your medical freecare(as rare as that is) but you can use Canada's national health-care system? And you don't want to be labelled as hypocrits? Give me a break.

We live in a world where everyone is starting to live in effort. Its funny to see how unsympathetic people are with this case, when the guy was working in a bait shop, that your fellow citizens used for fishing, while for the worker, it was his dream. He was doing something that most americans would refuse as a job, and he even risked his safety doing it, because the americans that worked with him were too good to climb a ladder.

I'm disgusted by what some peole have said in this thread, and as a military, I'm f****** ashamed of what some military people said in this thread.

Grow a pair of nuts, and have the decency to make a little effort for those who have none, when you don't question the times your country takes everything from other people.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Ever seen that show punkin chunkin? I say get one of those machines and catapult his arse back over the border. This would make them think twice about making a run for the border.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I'm hearing echoes of the tea party, "let him die." existential conundrum

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Geez lets just invade i mean liberate mexico already. The cartels and gangs are so bad down there the government is afraid to do anything. When teachers are getting death threats and being extorted i cant help but think enough is enough. Im an American and i live amongest these "Illegals" and they work alot harder than alot of white,black,asian, etc ppl that ive worked with.

The "Illegals" that so many are against are not bad ppl. Its the ones that belong to the gangs and cartels that are bad. Its the coyote smugglers that extort and abandon women and children in the desert that are bad.

Why do we have counter-insurgency spec ops teams if we are only going to use them as a police force in the middle east instead of letting them do what they were trained for in mexico, in our back yard?
I cant help but wonder WTF are we doing in Iraq when a couple of ppl shoot AKs at US soldiers in THEIR yards. I probably wouldnt care for somebodies army in my yard either. But just right across the Texas border in Juarez(spelled right?) ppl are being found decapitated, burned alive, buried in mass graves you name it. If i was a Mexican you better believe i`d be here in the US too.
Its time the US started doing what right instead of doing what profits TPTB the most. Maybe if the US does fail and the South rises again we can get our chance.
Ah, the Conferderate states of America, Heritage not Hate!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
What about the healthy illegals? The ones that didn't break their necks in tragic accidents.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
All businesses that hire illegals should be held accountable because it is they who helped mold this current status regarding illegal immigration, more so than the politicians. If there were no jobs being handed out, out of greed to make a few extra dollars, people like me would have jobs that paid a decent wage instead of being forced to try and run a business we can't operate because we aren't business majors.

Not everyone wants to take on the responsability of a business or are even capable. That's why there are CPA's. My skill is with my hands and creativity.

Business owners who hire illegals should instantly have their licenses' revoked and be put into a database (like a pedophile) because of their treasonous act towards this country and the inhabitants of it......right next to the politicians names who done nothing about this situation.

If you feel otherwise, you're either an illegal immigrant, or have NEVER been affected by this PLAGUE personally. If you weren't affected and sympathise with illegal immigrants, I hope you feel the pain I have had to deal with 10 fold and suffer and watch your family suffer as i have had to. It affects everyone.

If you condone CRIMINAL acts, then don't complain when your door is kicked in because it just may be ME trying to feed my children becuase all the illegals have my job.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Most Americans refuse the jobs you talk about becuase the salaries aren't up to standard with the economy to make a living in wich to possibly pay our bills. All because the pay scale is all screwed up because of illegal immigration. Yet I guarantee there are 100's 0f thousands who would actually take the job IF EVER GIVEN THE CHANCE. If you weren't personally EVER affected by it you wouldn't understand and should refer to my previous post referring to sympathisers.

Also I have never had ANYTHING to do with any ancestors or administrations acts. If anyone in your ancestry line has ever commited a crime I guess you should be held accountable?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by ladyteeny

How about some empathy for those of us who cannot afford health insurance being forced to subsidize illegals like this? Send his a** home.

i have empathy for you too, if i lived in the usa i wouldn't be able to afford it either. that doesn't make it right.... you SHOULD have free healthcare, everybody should as far as i'm concerned.

but why should he be taken from his family and relocated? if you moved to australia, fell in love and then had a child but also a devastating accident while supporting your family, would you want to be deported unceremoniously like that? i think not.

In australia you are not allowed to immigrate at all if you have any disability whatsoever, even if you had intentions of paying for your own care. The compassion of a welfare state is a false compassion.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
reply to post by Tifozi

. All because the pay scale is all screwed up because of illegal immigration. Yet I guarantee there are 100's 0f thousands who would actually take the job IF EVER GIVEN THE CHANCE.

Yes illegals screwed up wages. I own a landscaping company. I haven't been able to raise my prices in over a decade because an illegal will come in and take my work if I charge too much. I've lost most of my purchasing power because I am forced to charge 1995 rates for my work. And 1995 money doesn't equal 2011 money. So I am cutting lawns for $25 when I should be charging $40. I am about to find another line of work because of it. The illegals are stealing my profits. I want them gone more than most could imagine.

The feller in the article needs to deported. I have zero compassion for them. I lost another business I ran because of them. I had a nightclub. I would hire bands from Mexico and the illegals would flood in. Unfortunately my landlord was an old time segregationist and he stopped taking my rent checks because I hosted parties for Mexicans. The kick in the head is that the place is now a Mexican restaurant.

I don't care if he's lame and has a kid. Let his wife and kid follow him to Mexico if they love hum so much. Right?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This is not an issue of morality; it is an issue of the law, who shows mercy on no one. He broke the law by sneaking over here. No question. Therefore, he should be tried like the criminal he is. That is why Lady Justice wears a blindfold.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Reply to post by Chalupas

Your right its not really a moral question I think its more of an ethical one. Is it ethical to not allow someone medical treatment simply because they are not a citizen. I think that would be a clear NO.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

Get the bait shop to pay for it....as they hired an undocumented person probably in cash.

These folks knew what they were doing is illegal (working/most likely tax evasion/being in the US) and decide to start a family. Although his situation sucks, I am all for deportation. There is no reason why the legal citizens of the US should have to prop up the illegal ones.

I agree, for the most part, but some of fault can likely be blamed on the worker also, just like a tort case where different parties are a percentage responsible (and so, should bear a percentage of the cost).

Thing is, without an actual suit, the hospital is on the hook for it. So, the title may be a bit misleading, but yes, ultimately, it's the taxpayers footing the bill for now.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Oh the compassion of some of the people on here. And some Americans wonder aloud "ZOMG WHY DOES THE WORLD HATE US SO MUCH WHEN ALL WE ARE TRYING TO DO IS SAVE THE WORLD!"

So the guy was in the country "Illegally". Whose fault is that? I would blame US Customs and Border Guards. Whose fault is it that he broke his back? I'd say his boss, for making him work on the roof without proper safety equipment. Whose fault is it that the US is in debt for $14 odd trillion dollars? The US Government.

To those that want the guy deported for "illegally" wasting "YOUR" taxes, well, tough luck. Blame your Government, and their departments, for allowing him to get into the country, and for wasting "YOUR" taxes on wars that didn't need to be fought.

And as a side note, here is a nice little stat for you guys - "According to a Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report published in October 2007, the U.S. wars in Iraq and Afghanistan could cost taxpayers a total of $2.4 trillion dollars by 2017 when counting the huge interest costs because combat is being financed with borrowed money. The CBO estimated that of the $2.4 trillion long-term price tag for the war, about $1.9 trillion of that would be spent on Iraq, or $6,300 per U.S. citizen.[9][10]

Stiglitz, former chief economist of the World Bank and winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics, has stated the total costs of the Iraq War on the US economy will be three trillion dollars in a moderate scenario, and possibly more in the most recent published study, published in March 2008.[11] Stiglitz has stated: "The figure we arrive at is more than $3 trillion. Our calculations are based on conservative assumptions...Needless to say, this number represents the cost only to the United States. It does not reflect the enormous cost to the rest of the world, or to Iraq."

So you are worried about this "dirty little illegal mexican" stealing your precious tax dollars? I'd be more worried about your Government wasting trillions of dollars on War, bailing out big business, and giving themselves pay-rises. But hey, it's all the "illegal fkn mexicans stealing my money!!! DURKA DURRR DEY TUK UR JEEEEEEEEERBS!!!!"

Good to see Rome Mark II has begun its downfall. It won't be long before you "Yankee's" will be relying on other peoples charity once your country is bankrupt, and unable to continue functioning in a normal manner. Who will get the last laugh then????

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

Refused to sign???
Are you kidding me?

Illegally here?? The door is just to the south. You go or ICE will chauffeur you there.

This is a non issue. Illegally here, now you are deported.

Good bye.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

err that simply isnt true, i personally know of 2 ( i know its not a lot, but I do know them)people with disabiltities that have emigrated there ,

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Really, how? All the research I've done online shows that the disabled cannot immigrate to such countries because they are burdens to society. Some families even abandon their disabled children so they can immigrate.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Reply to post by 547000

Nope. You are wrong. I did a quick google search and it was the first result. Lol. Your disability is taken into account but they no longer bar people just because they have an impairment.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

Most Americans refuse the jobs you talk about becuase the salaries aren't up to standard with the economy to make a living in wich to possibly pay our bills. All because the pay scale is all screwed up because of illegal immigration.

Aahh..... No.

The problem of illegal immigration is a consequence, not a cause for anything, much less unemployment, even less responsible for low wages.

The only people you can blame for that, is every single american that buys cheap crap from large surfaces like Wal-Mart, or everyone that chooses cheap/import over national.

The products (as in, what they are made of) can only low their cost so much, because steel has a price, oil has a price, wood has a price, and you can't be in debt so that you can sell cheap, you have to cut where you can. And where did all the companies start to cut? Yes, labor salaries.

So, in the end, it was the american demand for MORE and BIGGER and CHEAPER that doomed your labor economy, not the fact that people with sombreros crossed a line on the ground. They were just the only ones to accept such low wages, but you were the ones to demand, although indirectly, that the wages were lowered.

If nobody would buy the products from the companies who use such low wages, they would be forced to employ people on their demand, with rightful salaries and all the other labor rights........ but you do buy them.

Yet I guarantee there are 100's 0f thousands who would actually take the job IF EVER GIVEN THE CHANCE.

Again, a consequence of your own actions.

If you weren't personally EVER affected by it you wouldn't understand and should refer to my previous post referring to sympathisers.

I'm in a country that can get it's debt straight because a a-hole in the US (YOUR COUNTRY), that owns a "rating agency" lowered my country's rating to "garbage" in a piece of paper, scaring away all foreign investment, sending us into a down-spiral of debt and loans, that are twice as expensive to us because of that same rating. WHO THE F ARE YOU to tell me what hardship is?

And by the way, I served in both Iraq and Afghanistan wars, so that you can haul your butt in your SUV with low-priced gas, while in my country I pay the same you do, but for 1/3 of the amount of fuel. Seriously, grow a pair.

Oh, and by the way, most of my country's true industry (mostly hand-made and high-quality production products) has gone to sh*t because countries like yours keep dumping cheap, asian-outsourced-manufactured crap in all the markets we used to sell to.

How is that for sympathizing?

Also I have never had ANYTHING to do with any ancestors or administrations acts. If anyone in your ancestry line has ever commited a crime I guess you should be held accountable?

So you are not responsible for any of their actions, but you have the born-right to have the rights and luxuaries that they implemented in your country? So, basically you are saying that you want the perks, but not the responsibility.

Not very humble.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Link?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join