It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paralyzed illegal costs taxpayers millions. REFUSES deportation

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
do none of you have ANY compassion? what is the world coming to? really?

how would ANY of you like to be wrenched away from a new life with your loved one and 6 month old baby? forced to 'go back to your own country' despite making a family with a us resident?

dear christ, not a single one of you mentioned that.

empathy anybody?

Not on this board... Not today. People like myself are tired of being jerked around by a broken system and by people who abuse that system to there own advantage. We all know the government is the biggest problem. But the illegals are also part of the problem too. They do it knowing they are taking advantage of the system. I would feel bad if I took advantage of the population of an entire country... So I ask you where is the compassion? We are showed none so we don't show any.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

Our policy should be to deport all illegals - no exceptions. Let his own country pay for his medical care.

edit on 10/25/2011 by Make Speed Limit 45 because: bad link

How compassionate of you. Send him back to a deteriorating third world country to help him out. He's an illegal and therefore doesn't belong here. After all, we aren't considered illegals. This country wasn't stolen FROM those we consider "illegals". For God's sake, look past the formal legal bull$%# and see how cruel your and society's minds have become. It honestly embarrasses me to see people thinking like you do still.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Reply to post by 547000

I cant link im on here off my cell.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ewok_Boba

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

Our policy should be to deport all illegals - no exceptions. Let his own country pay for his medical care.

edit on 10/25/2011 by Make Speed Limit 45 because: bad link

How compassionate of you. Send him back to a deteriorating third world country to help him out. He's an illegal and therefore doesn't belong here. After all, we aren't considered illegals. This country wasn't stolen FROM those we consider "illegals". For God's sake, look past the formal legal bull$%# and see how cruel your and society's minds have become. It honestly embarrasses me to see people thinking like you do still.

Oh good hell, same Progressive, La Raza talking point garbage.

He is here illegally, he needs to be returned to his country of origin.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
First lets address the real problem, Americans used to live in a place and a time where they could do very well without a college or superior education. The years pased and most americans made babies thinking their kids could do the same, wrong... A whole economic colapse later we find people like the fine specimens in this thread, under educated and unprepared. Guess what mowing lawns isnt gonna make you ritch anywhere anymore,working most jobs that illegals do isn't gonna make you 30$ an hour nowhere pal. I have kids and a family and a house and all that, do you see me crying over backbreaking jobs to keep my family afloat? No cause I got an education, I worked hard and prepared myself even while finding time to serve this country. I did what was expected of most Americans in the past and our/your generation failed to do, which is excel in everything (be the best of the best... that's what used to make the USA a great place). Blame it on the illegals all you want, its only your fault for being narrow minded and thinking that you can still support a family or even yourself comfortably in a country like the USA without superior education. IMO anyone who didn't take that into account isn't any better than someone who is illegal cause you're just gonna end up being a burden to the rest us. I don't kow where you people got the idea that being an unprepared workforce gives you some sort of free ride. You wanna blame someone for taxing the system then blame all your obese and smoking friends who think they are to good to take a hint about their health (even they deserve medical treatment).
I personally dont care anymore about all those bleeding heart remarks, you are getting exactly what you deserve. I´m happy this makes you angry and I hope this guy gets treatment in the US for the rest of his life. Watching all you fine gentlemen crying over who is legal where while the government steals the floorboards from under your feet is amusing to say the least.I guess you have to have a certain amount of class and education to show sympathy and be a human being, relax no such is expected out of any of you.

Edit: I hate posting on my iPhone
edit on 26-10-2011 by TheDarkFlame because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by spacekc929

What is legality? Why is legality as a concept important? It is legal in some countries for women to be stoned for driving cars. Do you think that's okay? Why is it that when we talk about other countries, we uphold morals over law, but when it comes to our own country, suddenly the law is more important than human decency?
If I come to your house, I follow your rules. If I come to your country, I follow your country's laws. If I don't like those rules/laws, I can always carry my hind quarters back home.

I really, really wish that you could see how ridiculous what you are saying would sound to an illegal immigrant. "Okay, at home, I have no running water, I have a tiny little cottage with no heat or air conditioning, I have no job, my government is in turmoil and war, and I have a family to support. Therefore, I am going to go to a place where I can get those things."

That person does not have the choice that you have to just go back to their home country. Their home country is not a choice for them. It is simply not an option. You make it sound like illegal immigrants have choices, but in the end, there is simply no choice other than to "break the law" and come to the United States where there is a chance. Their home country is not a chance for them. You are coming from the perspective of a sheltered American who doesn't understand that for some people, it is life and death - you leave in order to live, and you don't return because you will die if you return. I can't stress it enough, there is not the option for them to go to a country with laws which they prefer, it is simply a matter of choosing life for themselves and their families over death, starvation, war, etc.

So you are saying that We are responsable for everyone? You must live in a state that does not see the mass migration that is taking place. Dont worry they will be invading a hospital near you soon. Your tax dollars can go to house, feed, school and the free medical they expect. Your kids can wait in line like ours do. Enjoy!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerribleTeam2
Oh the compassion of some of the people on here. And some Americans wonder aloud "ZOMG WHY DOES THE WORLD HATE US SO MUCH WHEN ALL WE ARE TRYING TO DO IS SAVE THE WORLD!"

So the guy was in the country "Illegally". Whose fault is that? I would blame US Customs and Border Guards. Whose fault is it that he broke his back? I'd say his boss, for making him work on the roof without proper safety equipment. Whose fault is it that the US is in debt for $14 odd trillion dollars? The US Government.

To those that want the guy deported for "illegally" wasting "YOUR" taxes, well, tough luck. Blame your Government, and their departments, for allowing him to get into the country, and for wasting "YOUR" taxes on wars that didn't need to be fought.

And as a side note, here is a nice little stat for you guys - "According to a Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report published in October 2007, the U.S. wars in Iraq and Afghanistan could cost taxpayers a total of $2.4 trillion dollars by 2017 when counting the huge interest costs because combat is being financed with borrowed money. The CBO estimated that of the $2.4 trillion long-term price tag for the war, about $1.9 trillion of that would be spent on Iraq, or $6,300 per U.S. citizen.[9][10]

Stiglitz, former chief economist of the World Bank and winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics, has stated the total costs of the Iraq War on the US economy will be three trillion dollars in a moderate scenario, and possibly more in the most recent published study, published in March 2008.[11] Stiglitz has stated: "The figure we arrive at is more than $3 trillion. Our calculations are based on conservative assumptions...Needless to say, this number represents the cost only to the United States. It does not reflect the enormous cost to the rest of the world, or to Iraq."

So you are worried about this "dirty little illegal mexican" stealing your precious tax dollars? I'd be more worried about your Government wasting trillions of dollars on War, bailing out big business, and giving themselves pay-rises. But hey, it's all the "illegal fkn mexicans stealing my money!!! DURKA DURRR DEY TUK UR JEEEEEEEEERBS!!!!"

Good to see Rome Mark II has begun its downfall. It won't be long before you "Yankee's" will be relying on other peoples charity once your country is bankrupt, and unable to continue functioning in a normal manner. Who will get the last laugh then????

It wont be you Euro, your pos continent is draging the whole world down.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vardoger
Get the bait shop to pay for it....as they hired an undocumented person probably in cash.

These folks knew what they were doing is illegal (working/most likely tax evasion/being in the US) and decide to start a family. Although his situation sucks, I am all for deportation. There is no reason why the legal citizens of the US should have to prop up the illegal ones.

He's more than likely illegal himself.

But I agree that the employers are the guilty ones.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
You wont receive citizenship when you marry an US citizen? Why is he still illegal if he is married to an US citizen?

Hi there Maslo,

it's very simple, really:
a) if you are legally married to a US citizen, you are eligible to obtain a limited term green card, that is if you qualify. That means that the marriage should be real, not staged for immigration purposes, you are supposed to have a clean criminal record etc. If you entered the country illegally, that last one goes out of the window (you can fight it in court but whatever). After 3 years, if you prove that the marriage is still valid, you get a normal green card and at this point you are eligible to apply for citizenship. You see, there is a way but nothing is guaranteed by default.

b) I'm not sure at all that "common law marriage" i.e. two people shacking up would satisfy the federal requirement for marriage -- it's more or less OK in some states, at the state level when various laws are considered, but not at Federal.

I frankly don't see this whole system as deficient in any way, and it actually works reasonably fast in recent years as far as the process and paperwork goes.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

I have compassion. I really do feel for the guy and his family, however there are some of us out here who work hard at jobs that we might not like so we can have insurance to cover our children and ourselves. There are also people who don't have a job that offers insurance and don't have the money to purchase insurance, therefore needing the assistance of medicaid. That money is coming out of our paychecks. I don't mind that...but what I do mind is I work hard, and a crap load of money is taken out of my paycheck every two weeks while their are people who work for cash under the table and don't pay sh*t for taxes. So he should get the luxury of getting out of taxes and getting the care he needs for free, while some of us work hard to get only a percentage of our paychecks and still pay for Dr. bills that our hard earned insurance does not cover? You are delusional. I have compassion. But people need to take responsibility and this guy needs to face the consequences...OH and so does his boss!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkFlame
First lets address the real problem, Americans used to live in a place and a time where they could do very well without a college or superior education. The years pased and most americans made babies thinking their kids could do the same, wrong... A whole economic colapse later we find people like the fine specimens in this thread, under educated and unprepared. Guess what mowing lawns isnt gonna make you ritch

With your spelling skills, it seems like you are really making a point!

anywhere anymore,working most jobs that illegals do isn't gonna make you 30$ an hour nowhere pal.

There are a lot of people that would be happy with less than that. And, mowing lawns stopped being a career option guess why? Because this became a staple of job market for the illegals, hence compensation dropped to nothing. Why oh why do we need to dilute the job market?

Blame it on the illegals all you want, its only your fault for being narrow minded and thinking that you can still support a family or even yourself comfortably in a country like the USA without superior education.

Yeah sure but haven't you heard that illegals are now getting tuition support from the states in a few places? Plundering continues unabated.

I don't kow where you people got the idea that being an unprepared workforce gives you some sort of free ride.

OK now, let's admit we veered from the topic of this thread. Prepared, unprepared, the dude had an accident and somehow the people of the state in which it happened are on the hook for the cost of his care. And that's that.

I´m happy this makes you angry and I hope this guy gets treatment in the US for the rest of his life.

Of course! You don't really get to pay for this, and you don't give a toss about your fellow citizens.

edit on 26-10-2011 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2011 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

how? By applying , that simple, and one of those I mentioned was a child with disabilities ,

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Punish employers who hire illegal immigrants, and illegal immigration stops. Period.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ewok_Boba
How compassionate of you. Send him back to a deteriorating third world country to help him out. He's an illegal and therefore doesn't belong here. .

Oh stop the BS. Our compassion should be for the american taxpayers who are gonna have to take care of this criminal who's not even allowed to be here!!! Send him back to mexico and let his own people show him compassion.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I agree with you. I'm pretty sure TheDarkFlame does not have a "superior" education, because if he did, he wouldn't have made those statements. I also LOVE it when someone starts babbling on and on about education but doesn't even have the basic skills to SPELL. It's easy for someone to say that they hope this guy gets all the care he needs from other people's hard earned money, when they obviously don't pay taxes.

So @ TheDarkFlame...keep going to school, do your homework and eventually you will get it.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

With your spelling skills, it seems like you are really making a point!

Touché, my fingers are to big for my phones keyboard, I type like crap on that thing (also I'm not to sure about the spell checker). I'm actually fluent in 4 languages but that doesn't really aid your cause does it.

There are a lot of people that would be happy with less than that. And, mowing lawns stopped being a career option guess why? Because this became a staple of job market for the illegals, hence compensation dropped to nothing. Why oh why do we need to dilute the job market?

And still the american citizen stopped trying to over achieve and started competing for the lowest of lows. BTW its that way all over the world now, and It happened to the states cause the "99%" are to lazy to stand up for something they actually care about (the people get the masters they deserve).

Yeah sure but haven't you heard that illegals are now getting tuition support from the states in a few places? Plundering continues unabated.

I agree, but that's not a life and death situation you veered off topic on this one. Do not get me wrong I'm all for deporting illegals but in a case by case basis and with a humanitarian mindset. The guy is crippled and has a son BORN in the USA. I guess his pursuit of happiness doesn't count.

OK now, let's admit we veered from the topic of this thread. Prepared, unprepared, the dude had an accident and somehow the people of the state in which it happened are on the hook for the cost of his care. And that's that.

Nope not veered from the topic just explaining the reason some of your pals are so desperate for that job at the bait shop. I guess if they had a degree and held themselves to higher standards this wouldn't be a problem (but its always the other guy). The people of that state are on the hook because of the representatives they chose, and because like in the rest of the US they are ignorant and to busy fighting each other instead of focusing on a solution.

Of course! You don't really get to pay for this, and you don't give a toss about your fellow citizens.

Thats very true, I stopped giving a damn about my fellow citizens once they stopped giving a damn a bout themselves. Why do you think they are crying about some guy getting treatment instead of trying to improve their situation (oh riiight, its to late for that already). Its really sad my family has a long tradition of serving this country my dad once was a die hard patriot (whos also a veteran, nam) and even he lost faith. Very sad but we brought this upon ourselves.
edit on 26-10-2011 by TheDarkFlame because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Let's put it simple (again). Give me your address. I'll come and move in, eat your food, sleep in your bed. YOU can pay MY expenses. That's fair, right? I didn't think so. Until you PM me your address and start paying my bills, then you're just full of hot air. Period. Practice what you preach.

Not this lame tactic again. The nation doesn't belong to anyone. It isn't personal property so it isn't like moving into someones home.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stephanies-chase
reply to post by buddhasystem

I agree with you. I'm pretty sure TheDarkFlame does not have a "superior" education, because if he did, he wouldn't have made those statements. I also LOVE it when someone starts babbling on and on about education but doesn't even have the basic skills to SPELL. It's easy for someone to say that they hope this guy gets all the care he needs from other people's hard earned money, when they obviously don't pay taxes.

So @ TheDarkFlame...keep going to school, do your homework and eventually you will get it.

I actually have a degree in marketing and another in graphic design I have a Swiss and a Colombian high-school diploma and an American GED. Im currently learning about 3d animation so yeah I did stay in school. I'm fluent in English, Spanish, German and french. I also have all my army diplomas which include my 13B AIT and my jump wings. My kids go to private schools and I pay the best education money can buy. I also pay the best health insurance for my family, I provide for them in the best way possible. I don't wait for the government to give me my money.
Also so you know both my parents are teachers so I didn't grow up with money just willpower.

You're right I spell like crap on the internet, if that's all you can stick on me then I guess I didn't do to bad in life. But as I said I´m glad you guys are mad about my statements, I just wish you people make your kids stay in school and make them work hard and over achieve so we can have our country back. Maybe it'll wake you all up and make you better people.

As for the guy who got crippled fixing the roof, his son is an american citizen by my standards. He deserves to have his dad treated. Its no like its their fault our healthcare system is all jacked up (any visit to the hospital is financially devastating). You're gonna tell me a Country like Colombia can provide care for mostly anybody (its improved allot), given its not 5 star medical care and the USA cant. Guess why...

I think you people are just so desperate your losing focus that's all, guess I'm right.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
i am a latino in America. born a legal citizen, but i work for a tax company that mainly deals with Latinos. so i know a little bit about illegals who DO pay taxes and usually more then you because you get taxes taken out of your check. they pay it in one lump sum during income tax season

.i for one am appalled by the lack of empathy for the immigrant. WHAT PART OF YOU WERE ONCE AN IMMIGRANT YOURSELF DO YOU NOT GET, and moreso than those you call immigrants now a days. YOU CROSSED AN OCEAN and these people cross a river. it is in moments like this i am ashamed of the american populace. you want to make it an even playing field take away welfare and take away any type of government help ACROSS THE BOARD. nobody should get government help not you not me not illegals. NOBODY. if you can't run your life for yourself responsibly then maybe you should figure out why.

healthcare should be free. end of story. all people are bestowed with the inalienable right of LIFE. how would you like to be ripped from your family because you were paralyzed and you didn't have a piece of paper that said you belonged to a country. WTF. get the heck outta here.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy
i am a latino in America. born a legal citizen, but i work for a tax company that mainly deals with Latinos. so i know a little bit about illegals who DO pay taxes

Great to have an expert here! So, how do they get their Social Security Numbers?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join