It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paralyzed illegal costs taxpayers millions. REFUSES deportation

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by arollingstone
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

The horror! Oh Noooooo!!!!!!! Yeah, like a rapist getting torn from his family, or a murderer being tossed into prison for life. Bleh! Get a life. This isn't about compassion, it's about the LAW! This guy made a conscious CHOICE to BREAK THE LAW and come here.

What's about the law? If certain laws clashed with your own values, or if they put you in a position of disadvantage, you would not be so adamantly supportive of them.

'This isn't about compassion, it's about the law' sounds like something you'd hear a cheap cop spout out in a B Movie. Anyone could just as easily say 'it's not about the law, it's about chocolate cake.'

Perhaps, he chose to enter the US knowing it was illegal - but that is definitely different from choosing to break the law. He probably couldn't afford a life for himself or a family back home and chose the only option going.

If someone rapes and murders a child, should they be given compassion just because they have a family? If someone comes into your home and steals your possessions, is this forgiven because he went and got married the next day? In my view, NO!

Neither of those examples are relevant. You're seriously comparing rape and child murder to being an illegal immigrant? It isn't about the fact that he's married, someone pointed out that he's married to a legal resident of the US (correct me if I'm wrong on that, not sure).

Anyway, we all know he isn't going to be taken care of in Mexico if he's sent back. Those calling for compassion are in the right. Make the bait shop pay his bills and let him stay. Or hell, let him swap nationalities with some psycho if necessary and send that dude to Mexico.

I bet you'd be in favour of the US 'helping out' people from other countries if there's money or political influence to be gained.

Mexico's economic status is not the woes nor the problem of the American Citizen.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

Correct!
There is no interest on income tax, if it is not in your account.
If it is in the Gumments hands for the better part of the year, you could not have invested or used it.
They however will.
If you want a big check the next year, take all that you would have deducted from your check, and place it into an interest bearing account at a credit union.
When tax time comes and your bill is due, I guarantee you will end up better with interest added.
Make sense?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

once again take away the benefits across the board and you will solve the problem. i'm all for making the illegal alien and the poor earn these benefits. i'm definitely against free handouts because it allows the lazy to continue in their laziness. don't blame the innocent for the problem they did not create. blame your politicians. which is why i'm for Ron Paul even though he isn't for Immigration reform. he's for making everyone EARN everything they get.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

not really. at least not in the case of the illegal alien. because as a citizens you get tax cuts/deductions that they don't qualify for. an alien paying taxes is always on the losing end of that stick i'm sorry.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
How much does all those wars cost the tax payers?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Why doesn't he just take his wife and kid with him? Because here he gets great, free health care. Back in Mexico next to none. If he's so worried about keeping his family together, let them go back with him and she can work to pay for his care.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy
reply to post by Chalupas

how are they destroying "the countries infrastructure from within"

please do ellaborate, because i think it is you that do not understand them and not the other way around. if your ancestors hadn't immigrated here (while facing the exact same problems they are today) you wouldn't be here end of story.

You can't be serious. "Same problems"? Sorry the ancestors of today's American's didn't crowd the hospitals in Los Angeles.

Just do your research. What goes to hospitals goes for schools etc.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is ridiculous, how do you "refuse" deportation. An illegal immigrant is sucking up millions of taxpayers dollars. Grab the bitch by his wheelchair and wheel his ass on a plane back to Mexico. Done. End of story. What's next?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDarkFlame

I am happy for you. I am all for citizens that are a contributing force in society. I think that it is great that you have an education and you want the best for your children. I also have a degree and I do instill in my children how valuable it is to take education seriously so they can be contributing citizens. (well I don't think my two year old will get it yet) but that isn't the problem here. No matter what you think or what I think, this guy is an illegal immigrant. I understand that he has a family and I feel for him but what if we let everyone get away with this? If we do for one, we should do for all. right? It should not be the taxpayers responsibility to foot the bill because this guy decided to cut corners and not do things the legal way. My husband is a teacher and this year the teachers had to take a HUGE cut. Do you know where that cut was made? INSURANCE So instead of laying off a ton of teachers, they took the one thing that was great...the outstanding insurance benefits, and now we have the crappiest insurance. It's almost as bad as having no insurance. If my kids break a bone we are gonna pay 60%. Why should we have to pay? You are saying that this guy...who isn't even an American citizen, should be able to stay and get taken care of by the taxpayers money? I just don't understand your logic. But if you can explain it to me better I am all ears.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

no maybe you should do your research. your people were hated and put down and held down by the same system that is putting and holding down my people. only difference is it was a far less corrupt system, and a better managed one at that. don't blame the immigrants because your system is hell bent on helping the people that won't help themselves, and makes the middle class pick up the tab. don't blame them blame the system.
open your eyes and start pointing your fingers at the ones really responsible.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Bummer, well that's where ya got me.
I have no knowledge of illegal tax law. ... did that come out right?
Illegal law?
Well, if they get no cuts maybe they should look into how to get some legal tax cuts, ie going to their home country or becoming legal.
Until then they are a useless drain on resources of all types.
Illegal is illegal.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

true story it is far better to be legal. only problem is it takes at a bare minimum 7 years to get citizenship. that system is broken as well. i say make em all citizens, if not for the simple fact that you can keep track of them better, but nah everyone seems to be against that. idk why it'd solve the stupid problem. the problem is the system not the innocent people that are just trying to live a good life.

and they are no more of a drain on resources then the legal citizens that refuse to work and live off the government. but hey they're citizens so we won't point any fingers at them

oh and it's not illegal law it's how illegals follow the legal tax laws.

edit on 26-10-2011 by stuncrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Would it really "solve" the problem?
The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 suggests otherwise.
It would just be another bandaid on a gushing wound.
We need to stop the problem and stop it butt cold, make the penalty so harsh that nobody would dare illegally breach our borders again.
I'd say 10 years in an intense chain gang labor style camp then deportation would do the job.
That is first offense, second would be capital punishement.
That would make it worth waiting 7 years to be legal.
Do you know why mexico is such a swill pit?
Because the mexicans know they can just get up and leave if they do not like it there, they have no ties.
You see all sorts in US streets holding signs and waving mexican flags spouting "mexican pride".
If so proud, then why did you leave?
This is my country, I share her with anyone else who is married to the idea that she is our gal, we stand with and for her, we would defend her with every fiber of our being until the last breath.
The mexican won't they'll just pick up and find the next bed to lay in.
That just makes for a weak gene pool.
We just don't want the players here.

(edit)
Yes it is indeed "illegal law".
Just because one atones for a crime does not make them any less of a criminal, illegal is illegal.
edit on 26-10-2011 by g146541 because: add

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

This isn't about the wars...that is a whole other problem. This is about illegal immigrants draining taxpayers dollars. I can go on and on about the problems in America. So because the wars are costing us so much money we shouldn't worry about the illegal immigrants? Start a thread if you are so worried about wars...this is about illegal immigrants.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

ok... looks like i'm gonna have to take time out of my day to school you. that's fine i enjoy "dropping some knowledge" time to time.

the reason Mexico is the # pit it is, is solely because America's "War on drugs". this has opened the country to drug lords to take control of Mexico. there have been many instances of presidents of Mexico telling America to decriminalize drugs and it would take the power and money away from the drug lords.

pres urges US to legalize drugs

Even more so drug lords have thanked the US for all the money their war on drugs brings to them.
Drug lord thanks US

and before you say oh that won't solve any problems....

portugal decriminilizing drugs makes things better
dutch proof that liberal laws against drugs a good thing
decriminalizing marijuana and it's affects on use

i can go on all day with this. so you can say that the US is directly responsible for the # hole Mexico has become. DENY IGNORANCE.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by stuncrazy
i am a latino in America. born a legal citizen, but i work for a tax company that mainly deals with Latinos. so i know a little bit about illegals who DO pay taxes

Great to have an expert here! So, how do they get their Social Security Numbers?

They don't need a SS # to pay taxes. Apart from everyday taxes on purchases...

Many illegal immigrants pay up at tax time

the latest figures available indicate it will amount to billions of dollars in federal income, Social Security and Medicare taxes this year. One rough estimate puts the amount of Social Security taxes alone at around $9 billion per year.

Paycheck withholding collects much of the federal tax from illegal workers, just as it does for legal workers.

The Internal Revenue Service doesn't track a worker's immigration status, yet many illegal immigrants fearful of deportation won't risk the government attention that will come from filing a return even if they might qualify for a refund. Economist William Ford of Middle Tennessee State University says there are no firm figures on how many such taxpayers there are.

"The real question is how many of them pay more than they owe. There are undoubtedly hundreds of thousands of people in that situation," Ford said.

But some illegal immigrants choose to file taxes and write a check come April 15, using an alternative to the Social Security number offered by the IRS so it can collect income tax from foreign workers.

www.usatoday.com...

All the while not collecting from SS, Medicare or even collecting a refund.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

You can't be serious. "Same problems"? Sorry the ancestors of today's American's didn't crowd the hospitals in Los Angeles.

No siree! When our ancestors came we didn't settle for crowding a hospital or school, we simply took the whole efen country ...coast to coast...and shoved the natives into "reservations"...we were much more respectful of the locals!

BTW - False analogy alert...America is not being colonized despite what the KKK flyer says.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Sure he should be deported, what's there to discuss.

edit on 25-10-2011 by buddhasystem because: typo

I have a better proposal.

Let's "deport" anyone that employs illegals and let the illegal they employed stay.

We can call it "citizen swap" and Fox can make a reality TV series out of it.

When Americans get tired of being deported to Mexico for employing illegals, then demand for low wage slaves from Mexico will evaporate and the flow will stop.

Until then I know about a dozen well-to-do, staunch conservative families in my neighborhood alone who would be the first to be arrested employing illegal Nannies, Landscapers and Housekeepers.

As long as people do drugs...there will be drugs flowing into this country and as long as Americans that wave the flag and shout on independance day go and buy 90% of thier goods from China at Walmart there will be a trade deficit and as long as thier is demand for the cheapest labor to do the crappiest jobs..there will be illegal immigration from Mexico.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

No siree! When our ancestors came we didn't settle for crowding a hospital or school, we simply took the whole efen country ...coast to coast...and shoved the natives into "reservations"...we were much more respectful of the locals!

Yeah well it was a different problem as I say. Today is here and now and I don't see a point in saying "OK just hop over the border and use medical services in LA which are funded by US citizens". Do you?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Sure he should be deported, what's there to discuss.

edit on 25-10-2011 by buddhasystem because: typo

I have a better proposal.

Let's "deport" anyone that employs illegals and let the illegal they employed stay.

Give it a rest already.

Deport the illegal.
Fine the business.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join