It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paralyzed illegal costs taxpayers millions. REFUSES deportation

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
How many of our citizens have to decide between life saving medicines or food? How many are falling through the cracks so that an illegal can have all his needs met? How anyone can see this as ok is beyond me. It is not ok.

No one thinks it's ok. Everyone believes it's unethical to spend taxpayer money on people that aren't even allowed to be here. The many posters on this thread who say otherwise are corporate shills paid to go on the internet and support illegals on every issue.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
It seems to me that this would not even be an issue if the federal government would do their job and enforce the immigration laws. He is here illegally. Arrest him and ship him back to Mexico. Problem solved.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vardoger
Get the bait shop to pay for it....as they hired an undocumented person probably in cash.

These folks knew what they were doing is illegal (working/most likely tax evasion/being in the US) and decide to start a family. Although his situation sucks, I am all for deportation. There is no reason why the legal citizens of the US should have to prop up the illegal ones.

ya, it isn't fair for the native americans to have to put up with all the illegal descendants of the uninvited and undocumented europeans who came to their country, claimed their land as their own and shuffled them off to reservations when genocide proved to costly.

i'm pretty sure mexicans are more legal in america than your great great grand pappy.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I've read all the comments and,
I'm not getting in this one

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
So if we deport this guy, do we deport his child also?
The child is a US citizen.
Are we really a society that tears parents away from their children?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

According to the Census records, the Asian immigrants came at the same rate as Hispanic immigrants. And while Hispanics, particularly native Mexicans illegally immigrate here, the next highest is Chinese, Vietnamese and Russian.
www.census.gov...
Of course we have no real way of tracking how many illegals are really here and from where.. Either way, while we only naturalize 1.6 million a year, there is no cap on how many can move here, claim asylum or live on visas.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

Meanwhile perfectly-able people in AIG cost taxpayers $85 billion and refuse regulation or taxation.

LOOK OVER THERE, SCARY BROWN PERSON WHO TALKS FUNNY BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
And this is why I'm a veteran that decided to leave the states. All of you are so busy fighting eachother, it makes me sick. Divide and conquer is the name of the game. This site used to be about denying ignorance, I see now for some members its just about ignorance.
As for the guy, he can have my place in the soup line, wouldnt want to share it with some of the poor examples for human beings in this thread anyways. Humanity has left the building apparently. Lets see how kindly I welcome some of you to my doorstep when the house of cards come falling down.

Also you all made me reactivate my account.
Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The comments here are disgusting, I can't believe people are so selfish and in-humane

You got General Electric not paying billions in taxes, and banks getting trillions in bailouts, but yet ATS goes crazy as soon as an evil illegal alien gets medical treatment.

And just so you all know, everyone in the US would receive that kind of surgery illegal or not

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929
I could be wrong, but I had thought that if you were married to a U.S. Citizen then you would be allowed to be in the U.S. too. So, that's why a lot of people marry just for the sake of being able to be citizens, but there has to be proof of the marriage being legitimate (ie, knowing all of your partner's secrets) in order to have it upheld. Or am I just pulling this all from "The Proposal" and that is not real?

Either way, seriously, have some compassion for humanity. Central American countries are like alien planets to us sheltered American citizens. The atrocities that occur are things that we didn't even know existed or that were allowed to exist. Governments are bought and paid for by rich people in a major way, and our US government does not even come close to the corruption present in Central and in some places in South America. It is inhumane to tell someone that because of the imaginary border they were born inside of, they are not allowed to receive basic human dignities such as healing from an accident. No one chose to be born in a place where life is harder than we can imagine, and we are extremely fortunate that it is easy for us to get basic things like food and healthcare. Instead of being stingy with our great fortuitude, we should be giving to those who do not have what we have. You can stand paying a couple extra dollars in taxes so that humanity as a whole can grow and have happiness and stability.

please look up the term "common law wife" it means he was living with his girlfriend that he had a child with, they are not married.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The New Colossus

By Emma Lazarus, 1883

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

that is on the statue of liberty... i welcome all my brothers and sisters, no matter where on the globe they started life. this nation was founded on immigration. without it we would dwindle to nothing but a bunch of starving Xenophobes...kind of like...north Korea.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Paralyzed illegal costs taxpayers millions.

...Martinez is undocumented and has no hope of qualifying for workman's compensation or Medicaid.

Wait...are we paying for it or not? This is a publicly subsidized hospital but it doesn't get all of its money from the state. Make up your mind OP.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
You wont receive citizenship when you marry an US citizen? Why is he still illegal if he is married to an US citizen?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
"Oh The Humanity" "You have no heart"
-Typical response from people who are wrong.

Get real people. We have laws, if I have to follow them, then so shall everyone else that steps foot onto this land.

We have these laws for a reason. To keep our nation secure.

You cant turn your country into crap, then expect to move into your neighbors country and turn theirs into crap with no blowback.

Many problems are destroying this nation, and illegal immigration is one of them.

Sorry, but I dont feel like paying for Pablos free healthcare when I cant even get it in my own country.

I dont get why illegals think they have ANY RIGHTS WHATSOEVER here. It boggles my mind.
I really think that THEY THINK they have a RIGHT to be here, and that THEY believe we should cater to them.
They think they can become part of this nation by abusing and ignoring our laws, and at the same time, trying to make ME feel guilty for not wanting to put up with their crap. And I am the A-Hole for trying to voice my concerns because Im worried about what its doing to this nation? Please.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I like the part where the money in your pocket is worth more than a humans well being. They should deport all of YOU.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
"Oh The Humanity" "You have no heart"
-Typical response from people who are wrong.

Get real people. We have laws, if I have to follow them, then so shall everyone else that steps foot onto this land.

We have these laws for a reason. To keep our nation secure.

You cant turn your country into crap, then expect to move into your neighbors country and turn theirs into crap with no blowback.

Many problems are destroying this nation, and illegal immigration is one of them.

Sorry, but I dont feel like paying for Pablos free healthcare when I cant even get it in my own country.

I dont get why illegals think they have ANY RIGHTS WHATSOEVER here. It boggles my mind.
I really think that THEY THINK they have a RIGHT to be here, and that THEY believe we should cater to them.
They think they can become part of this nation by abusing and ignoring our laws, and at the same time, trying to make ME feel guilty for not wanting to put up with their crap. And I am the A-Hole for trying to voice my concerns because Im worried about what its doing to this nation? Please.

Hey buddy look at all those laws we have, now look how secure our nation is? There should be one nation on Earth, for the ONE people who live there, and they should speak one language. Until that happens there will be bloodshed, riots, protests, wars, famine and disagreement between people of separate nations. So get used to it or work towards a viable solution that allows for a stable future for humanity. Can you even think ahead into the future? What good are the governments of today's countries doing for the future of humans? Seems like most governments only care about the amount of force they can exert to control "their people." I might have been born in the US and you might say that makes me a US citizen but I don't give two f***s and a s**t because I don't want to be labeled in the same bin as someone like you who thinks they're so all mighty. What are rights, define how anybody has any rights? Paper documents and laws don't give you rights. Nothing does. "Rights" are ideas. People have abilities, not rights.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dystopiaphiliac

"So get used to it or work towards a viable solution that allows for a stable future for humanity."

Get used to it?

I live in Vegas. There are more illegals here than most places in the states. And its getting worse each and every day.
I been "Getting used to it" for enough time.

Yea. Lets all just hold hands and sing together. That will make everything just perfect.

Viable solution? I have one.

Deny them the means to live here by denying them rights to our resources(All of them). They will end up leaving on their own.

Cut their access off by giving ONLY the CITIZENS of this country access to work.

We dont need to deport them. They will deport themselves if we stop giving them everything, they will have no choice.

Humanity will never be stable. Some nations will have it better than others because some nations worked hard to get where they are at.

Why should people who look after their own suffer for people who dont look after their own?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

So you would deny this man health care just because he's not here "legally"?

Really....

Humanity will NEVER be stable as long as we have people with your kind of mentality. Which is 95% of ATS it seems
edit on 10/26/2011 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Then how about we send you his medical bill?

Im sure you will be happy to pay for it since you care so much.

=)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I would gladly help him out, anyway I could!
I mean the man has a wife and children from what I read.

Glad the doctors performed surgery on him, NO ONE should be denied ER services.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join