It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paralyzed illegal costs taxpayers millions. REFUSES deportation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

acaso no llegaste en balsa de cuba, amiguito, o tus padres?
que liiindo mi'jito, siempre habla el que menos puede. :shk:
Yo no habla espanol.

this guy was working for a living, what's his criminal record? none? maybe a small misdemeanor or two?
Oh, good. I didn't realize that we could vote down laws we disagree with
I vote we end social security. How about the laws he broke just coming to our country?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Let's put it simple (again). Give me your address. I'll come and move in, eat your food, sleep in your bed. YOU can pay MY expenses. That's fair, right? I didn't think so. Until you PM me your address and start paying my bills, then you're just full of hot air. Period. Practice what you preach.

Okay, well, I live in a college dorm, but if I lived in my own house, and if you were starving because there was a war in Northern Colorado and there was no where for you to go, and your children were going to die if you didn't move away from the wartorn area, I would gladly welcome you into my home. I guess you wouldn't, but that's fine, a lot of people are afraid of being welcoming to strangers.

Look, both sides in this debate are using demagoguery. One basically equals that poor fellow to a rapist, and you pretty much say that he and his supposed family just have escaped certain death. Neither of that is true.

He's not a rapist, but he's not entitled to receive medical service here anyhow. Why should he? He was not trying to escape death. There are plenty of safe places in Mexico, if you don't believe me go visit. He came here to earn a better buck, done so it illegally, and that's that. You speaking of "death" and such sounds just as silly as calling him a rapist etc.

Sure he should be deported, what's there to discuss.

edit on 25-10-2011 by buddhasystem because: typo

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

And how is it that he is given the choice as to whether or not he goes back to his country?

He is not a citizen of the US.... Send him home. If he wants treatment, let him get it in his own country.

I am not willing to pay for it.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by Ronfairness
How does an illegal benefit me?

If that isn't the summary of the exact type of sentiment that is destroying our nation, I don't know what is.

Oh, what grandstanding.

I'm of the opposite opinion, that looking the other way with respect to immigration, and following disastrous open trade policies, are what's ruining our nation. Why do we need to be on the hook to the failed social and economic policies of our southern neighbor, really? Do we really need to be an open market for China? Cui bono?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
The bait shop owner should be forced to pay for every penny of the medical costs up to this point, and NO bankruptcy protections.

That would stop the hiring of illegals overnight. We need to make e-verify mandatory for all jobs.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by outandopen
If they deport him chances are great that he would end up being one of those poor dudes dragging his body around the streets begging for money. Those people do exist. I lived in Sand Diego and was mortified at what lay across the border. Have some humanity.

Oh boo hoo. Stop slamming americans because we won't help out these illegal parasites. You should slam his own country for not taking care of him.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
As taxpayers, we are paying for all sorts of medical treatment for illegals, in ways we usually don't think of.

For example, I worked for years for Texas MHMR. As an intake worker, it was my job to do the initial intake interviews with the parents and children who needed assistance due to mental retardation, autism, etc. Half the time I had to have a Spanish interpreter with me because the parents just came over the border with their handicapped child illegally and knew no English.

We were not allowed to inquire as to their immigration status or whether they were here legally or not. If they got into the building, we were required to assist them. Although much of the funding in this state for mentally handicapped individuals has been cut, let me assure you that at least 1/3 of them receiving assistance, sometimes over $50,000 per year in treatment, medication, durable medical equipment, etc., are illegals. The program is called HCS. Once the client gets through the waiting list, they are on it for life, no questions asked.

The parents willingly admit they snuck over the border from Mexico (and sometimes further south, from Central American countries) because they could not get assistance for their handicapped child in their native lands, and they knew they could hit the gravy train here in the States. They are even paid for caring for their own handicapped child.

Now there is not enough money and the waiting lists are a mile long, so natural citizens who need this assistance have to wait years for it. Perhaps if we had been allowed to winnow out the illegals, there would be plenty of money for those who desperately need it and are here legally.

I don't hate the illegals, though. People will be people, and people who are desperate will take advantage of whatever they can. I despise our government, which knowingly allows this and prevents government workers from separating legals from illegals.

I think more of you should read this post! Why should any legal citizen be forced to wait years to recieve benefits while an illegal is recieving benefits? This is wrong and unfair to our citizens. How dare any of you place an illegal on a pedestal and not care about your own citizens! This is what always upsets me, that illegals are catered to at every turn while an American citizen has to struggle to survive. Enough is enough! If it was your family member having to wait years for assistance because so many illegals were getting it instead, perhaps some of you would have a different opinion.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny

we all know that there are plenty of laws that really make no sense. people are criminalised for victimless crimes. you are still talking about a human being with feelings, who has a new child and partner.

Victimless crime. ?? Are you saying illegally invading a country is victimless??? These criminal parasites steal jobs, govt benefits, and IDs from americans. Plus they kill us by the thousands by their drunk driving. Deport all illegals with no exceptions. They've already destroyed CA, lets save the rest of america.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929
[
That person does not have the choice that you have to just go back to their home country. Their home country is not a choice for them. It is simply not an option. You make it sound like illegal immigrants have choices, but in the end, there is simply no choice other than to "break the law" and come to the United States where there is a chance. .

Oh stop with that obvious crap. Millions of mexicans do just fine in mexico. They don't HAVE to come here like you say. The ones that come here are the dregs of society - the stupid or illiterate or criminal or lazy. And they come here mainly for the freebies.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

If that isn't the summary of the exact type of sentiment that is destroying our nation, I don't know what is.

Oh, what grandstanding.

I'm of the opposite opinion, that looking the other way with respect to immigration, and following disastrous open trade policies, are what's ruining our nation. Why do we need to be on the hook to the failed social and economic policies of our southern neighbor, really? Do we really need to be an open market for China? Cui bono?

Being abused and being compassionate are two different things. In this thread, I've read this paralyzed man being compared to rapists and murderers in regards to his crime. That is just stupid.

It does come down to right and wrong and you are wrong. It is wrong to deny somebody medical care. In a nation that denies it to its own citizens, I shouldn't be surprised this is such a big issue but I will always remain disgusted.

Again, if this were an American in Mexico, he would not be deported. Americans go to Mexico all the time for medical attention because it is often higher quality and almost always cheaper. They don't care all that much because their "failed" social structure is good enough to not have a bloated medical infrastructure that's based on human life being a commodity.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

]

If you were sick, I wouldn't care who the hell you were; you would be able to sleep in my bed, eat my food, and I'd help you get on your feet.

So why don't you take your money and go down to mexico and take care of the sick.???

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Refuses to leave?Does he have a damn choice?And the suits are talking about cutting SS benefits to the old and disabled.WTF!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I'm of the opposite opinion, that looking the other way with respect to immigration, and following disastrous open trade policies, are what's ruining our nation.

Absolutely - and anyone who doubts that has only to look at CA. 30 years ago it was the richest state in america and then the politicians took their corporate bribes and made it a sanctuary state and now it's a third world cesspool.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

]

If you were sick, I wouldn't care who the hell you were; you would be able to sleep in my bed, eat my food, and I'd help you get on your feet.

So why don't you take your money and go down to mexico and take care of the sick.???

Same reason I don't go to Africa and feed the hungry. I live here and I have a budget. If anybody showed up on my doorstep, it's my DUTY to take care of that person. As a human, I'm obligated to do that much. If I were violently wealthy, I would be doing things like you mentioned. Why have money if you don't help people with it?

Man, I thought this planet was evolving...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

[
Again, if this were an American in Mexico, he would not be deported. Americans go to Mexico all the time for medical attention because it is often higher quality and almost always cheaper.

Those americans PAY for their mexican medical care. This paralyzed bum invaded our country and now demands we take care of him.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Paging Dr. Ron Paul...

Paging Dr. Ron Paul...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

[
Again, if this were an American in Mexico, he would not be deported. Americans go to Mexico all the time for medical attention because it is often higher quality and almost always cheaper.

Those americans PAY for their mexican medical care. This paralyzed bum invaded our country and now demands we take care of him.

Let's see... 250 bucks every year will buy you unlimited medical care in Mexico. If you call that "paying" then... whatever. Believe me, Mexicans don't come here for the healthcare.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

]

Same reason I don't go to Africa and feed the hungry. I live here and I have a budget. If anybody showed up on my doorstep, it's my DUTY to take care of that person. As a human, I'm obligated to do that much. If I were violently wealthy, I would be doing things like you mentioned. Why have money if you don't help people with it?

Man, I thought this planet was evolving...

It's one thing if one person ended up on your doorstep and you provided help, it is quite another when the numbers keep increasing and you are no longer able. AND, if a citizen showed up for help, would you shove him aside to wait because you have too many illegals that you are helping?

Many of us have compassion for all peoples but when you see American citizens getting shoved aside to cater to illegals, this is a huge problem. All pro-illegal people will never mention their compassion for their fellow citizens, for all the citizens who are struggling to survive, who need help and are not getting it. Do you understand? Do you understand why people are resentful? Unless it affects you personally, will you not understand?
edit on 25-10-2011 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Oh, what grandstanding.

Being abused and being compassionate are two different things. In this thread, I've read this paralyzed man being compared to rapists and murderers in regards to his crime. That is just stupid.

I actually commented on this in the same vein. So I can agree with that, but I don't agree that he didn't have a choice when he decided to illegally cross the border.

Again, if this were an American in Mexico, he would not be deported.

What is your source? There is plenty of evidence otherwise:
ourlatinamerica.blogspot.com...
www.migrationinformation.org...
whatamistilldoingincancun.com...

...and I heard horror stories right here on ATS from people who actually tried to do business in Mexico, but that's beside the point. There are also reports on rough treatment of undocumented migrants inside Mexico itself.

Bottom line, Mexico deports and does a good job of that. As it should.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

It's one thing if one person ended up on your doorstep and you provided help, it is quite another when the numbers keep increasing and you are no longer able. AND, if a citizen showed up for help, would you shove him aside to wait because you have too many illegals that you are helping?

Um, I wouldn't really care who was or who wasn't. Being born in a place by luck doesn't make a person magic or more deserving of my assistance. If it helps you to compartmentalize your compassion, knock yourself out.

Originally posted by Night Star
Many of us have compassion for all peoples but when you see American citizens getting shoved aside to cater to illegals, this is a huge problem. All pro-illegal people will never mention their compassion for their fellow citizens, for all the citizens who are struggling to survive, who need help and are not getting it. Do you understand? Do you understand why people are resentful? Unless it affects you personally, will you not understand?
edit on 25-10-2011 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

It has affected me personally. I used to drywall and would often get out-bidded by undocumented workers. This had a huge impact on me but why would I blame them? And why would it ever cross my mind that they wouldn't deserve medical treatment if they got hurt? Makes no sense to pretend I'm a positive part of human society if I thought that way.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join