It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunrise (in New Jersey) with a companion?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Its just amazing how some enter these threads with the extreme die hard mentality that these are sun dogs lens flares ect. They must* have access to the cosmos to see whats really up there
Then they come in threads like these where some are observing a potential conspiracy and doom and gloom them to bits, smh what do they want some here to do just follow their ways of thinking
wonders is it FEAR based projecting on others that its all good -even if it isnt- or just denial. In time if there is a "SOMETHING
" NEW TO THE SOL SYSTEM IT WILL **SHINE** -still is an interesting video

edit on 10/18/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by TheAnnunakiReturn

It looks like the moon to me, tbh. It even seems to be the right size by comparison. If it were any other star, it would have to be behind the sun to appear so small. That appears to be small and easily discernible. Meaning it's probably closer to us than the sun. Therefore it's the moon, or another small celestial body.
edit on 17-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

Do you know where I could cross reference this? Because it would make sense.

Thanks

Sorry but this reference blows this theory right out of the water.
Look up what causes an eclipse of the sun or Basic Eclipse geometry
If the moon which technically can never be beside the sun (loved that btw) was in the same viewing part of the sky the sun was then what the heck is lighting up the moon? Are you both under the assumption the moon generates it's own light? No, it gets it from the sun and you would not even see 1/4 of the moon reflected by the sun because it would not be at the correct angle for the sun to light the moon. It would be the back of the moon that would be lit, not the front which would be the side you see. So it cannot be the moon.
So much for HS science class.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This is ATS.

It should be fairly easy to create a world squad of observers, no?

If it is a lens flare that can be shown by putting a finger in front of it, the situation to recreate the lens flare should be easy, as the solution to demonstrate it.
If it is a new body in our solar system, observations from different points across the globe could allow for calculation of this body's orbit, or trajectory.

I mean, why not have members of both opinions working together, following rules firmly established for everyone to make the observations? It should allow for the debunking of this one way or the other.

In an intelligent, civilized fashion. It's not like it's an impossible task, is it?

Because simply saying something being considered is stupid and not worth demonstrating has as much value as saying this is the planet Gxork, filled with loving but poisonous pies made of dreams...

Anyone?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

It looks like the moon to me, tbh. It even seems to be the right size by comparison. If it were any other star, it would have to be behind the sun to appear so small. That appears to be small and easily discernible. Meaning it's probably closer to us than the sun. Therefore it's the moon, or another small celestial body.

If it is the moon (Earth's Moon)...how do you explain solar eclipses where the Moon (our Moon) blocks the entire disk of the sun???

The moon has the apparent size of the sun in the sky which is why we get solar eclipses!
Until I see her block out the sun (or whoever is videoing) I will believe this is a camera aberration.

People you really need to get out more and understand how the sky works...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by intergalactic fire
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Could be anything, but i'm sure it's not the moon.www.abovetopsecret.com...

There been some videos like this on ats and eventually it's was lens flare.
If she said she seen it with her naked eye, who will believe that?
Maybe she has to take of her glasses.

Don't look directly into the sun, also a fairy tail

edit on 17-10-2011 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

I wear glasses and if they produced flares like that all the time then we would not be able to see.
A camera lens and glasses aren't even prepared the same way. My gosh, do any of you google anything?
A camera lens, depending on size, scoope and depth of field you are trying to get, would have many lenses w/in the lens itself - this is the cause of refraction of light. I'm putting a link to a clip from the History Channel's How it is made here so you can educate yourselves. Video
I previously put this one up on eclipse geometry so you can see that the moon never appears full when in the same quadrant of sky as the sun - that's called a new moon which has no appearance because the sun is not lighting it! Eclipse geometry
So in short, if she was looking for the moon in the same part of the sky as the sun she along with all of us would never see it because we cannot see the reverse surface of the moon that would be reflected back to the sun at that time. If this person (and others who reported seeing the object and then taking pictures) saw the object with their eyes, it was there. You can't see a flare without a lens.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

If it is the moon (Earth's Moon)...how do you explain solar eclipses where the Moon (our Moon) blocks the entire disk of the sun???

The moon has the apparent size of the sun in the sky which is why we get solar eclipses!
Until I see her block out the sun (or whoever is videoing) I will believe this is a camera aberration.

People you really need to get out more and understand how the sky works...

No, they need to go to the library because you get out and still got it wrong.
Solar Eclipse for Beginners
The moon, which is closer to Earth size than Sun sized (oh boy) would have died long ago if this were true. Please see the geometric chart I provided for you for a better understanding of what is going on during an eclipse because you obviously don't know that you can't see the moon in the same quadrant of the sun in our sky or why. So in short, you don't know how the sky works. Sorry but its true.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Use pinhole reflection to see the sun and anything around the sun.

It's clear that too many people on here were not paying attention during science class.
Youtube is not a substitute for a science lesson or an astronomy class.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

no it's not a stupid question because it's the obvious that no one else picked up on,great deduction!I believe it is "lens flare"because it did move when she moved her camera...Is there something out there that NASA is hiding?
yes I think so but I don't think it's a giant planet though.

edit on 18-10-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

I know how camera lenses are made, i made them myself for over 3 years.
Don't have to google it.

There is a companion sun, i've seen it with my own eyes through the viewfinder of my camera.
My camera makes you see things that you don't see without it. It's a very special type of camera. It can see higher dimensions.
I also see two moons and a sun near my light bulb with it.
Sometimes i see more than 2 suns, isn't that amazing!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

reply to post by DaWhiz

I know how camera lenses are made, i made them myself for over 3 years.
Don't have to google it.

There is a companion sun, i've seen it with my own eyes through the viewfinder of my camera.
My camera makes you see things that you don't see without it. It's a very special type of camera. It can see higher dimensions.
I also see two moons and a sun near my light bulb with it.
Sometimes i see more than 2 suns, isn't that amazing!

Are you jokingly referring to lens fractioning?
I really hope so.
If not, what is the licensing and patent number on that camera. LOL

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Please note, that cameras have more than just a lens. Cameras also have a sensor, and other parts that can cause additional light artifacts on top of lens flare.

The only time you'll be able to see this artifact is when the lady zooms in to an already too bright sun for the sensor to compensate properly.
If the woman in this video had gotten up earlier, before the sun rose, and took video of the sun actually rising, this 1 o'clock 'object' would have been one of the first things to be seen as the sun came over the horizon, yet, a video of the sun actually rising isn't what we see.
We see a video of the sun already well on its way above the horizon beyond the ability of the camera sensor to compensate accurately for the direct exposure.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

I'm not suppose to tell, its a secret operation from NASA, they can shoot me for that, I'm being watched.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
This is ATS.

It should be fairly easy to create a world squad of observers, no?

If it is a lens flare that can be shown by putting a finger in front of it, the situation to recreate the lens flare should be easy, as the solution to demonstrate it.
If it is a new body in our solar system, observations from different points across the globe could allow for calculation of this body's orbit, or trajectory.

I mean, why not have members of both opinions working together, following rules firmly established for everyone to make the observations? It should allow for the debunking of this one way or the other.

In an intelligent, civilized fashion. It's not like it's an impossible task, is it?

Because simply saying something being considered is stupid and not worth demonstrating has as much value as saying this is the planet Gxork, filled with loving but poisonous pies made of dreams...

Anyone?

Just my opinion, but I don't think many on this site are here to gather data and test/trial/error it. It is apparent that it is more important for them to just pen stroke everything as stupid and get their geers in to make themselves feel cool - like site bullies. LOL
It would be cool if we could break off into study groups and let the cool kid bullies out for recess. Maybe something could get accomplished.
IDK, wishful thinking I guess.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

Fine, can you give the year and premise?
I can find the rest.
(second line)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199
Sorry, but the sun is not this low in the sky at 1:00 in the afternoon like the person filming states.

She's referring to the position of the object in relation to the sun, not the time of day.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It's not the Moon. The Moon is 400 times smaller than the Sun, but the Moon is 400 times closer. So it appears the same size as the Sun. Also, the Moon doesn't change size, the shadow does.
I'm not sure what to make of it. Lens flare explanations no matter how many lenses there are don't seem to cut it.
I'm certainly not calling it Tyche, but who knows?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
Use pinhole reflection to see the sun and anything around the sun.

It's clear that too many people on here were not paying attention during science class.
Youtube is not a substitute for a science lesson or an astronomy class.

The video I posted was not from youtube. Also it wasn't about the moon or sun.
Did ya watch it?

Heck, did you carefully read the post? It tells you exactly where that one video I posted came from.
I agree that youtube is not and educational tool - mainly because it was ragged to death by people like you! But personally, I don't know what to think about this object so many have photographed. For all I know it could be a hologram being projected from a STEREO satelite near Mercury or the result of the Irridium Satelite Constellations arrayed around the earth. It could be many things, but if you ask me, you should have concrete proof to dismiss stuff - not just "oh poo poo."

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Hey friends!

Nice Op!

Could be useful to take our cells, cameras etc and take our own footage and see?

Frami.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

That was filmed yesterday, the moon is at 65% of full...so yeah unless the moon magically reverted to a full moon of the 17th your logic is illogical. Not to mention have you ever seen the moon SHINE in the daytime?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

reply to post by Human_Alien

Yes true.
People are to busy putting their mind on what clothes they will wear tomorrow, will i get in time at work, what will i eat this evening,...
But everyone is different and some people start to panic if they have nothing to worry about.
Each one their kicks, right.

But there are enough other people who are watching the skies and surroundings.
As i said before, the sun is being watched 24/7 by satellites, from different angles, and if something was orbiting the sun these would be the first to notice.
We can see planets orbiting in the soho images, so this object would also be visible.

I'm not about to argue with you (please know that) but I want to pose these questions for the sake of understanding better:
Who are these people watching the skies?
If you say amateur astronomers then, what is or where is their outlet/venue to get this news out? Do they have an amateur astronomer channel somewhere?
Or let's say hypothetically, some backyard astronomer does see something odd.......and he takes it to his local newspaper, do you think the local news-staff is versed enough in this field, to actually think there's a story? (well, the National Inquirer might but who the hell pays attention to that whacked out paper?)

My point is, we've become so dependent on others to quantify or disqualify all these things/subjects that the average person really and truly, knows little about that we've come to rely on others. I know I have. I know nothing about what our skies are supposed to look like every minute of every day. Hell, Orion's belt could be in the wrong part of the sky and I would be non-the-wiser.

And on the other hand, if the NASA naysayers (or even SETI) are capturing these anomalies on THEIR telescopes.....do ya REALLY think this will make the front page of the NY Times?

I'd imagine NASA has to run all their controversial findings past the Elite and then the Vatican first at which point their think-tanks will conjurer up a way to break the news or......squash the news to the minion.

I really have a feeling this is how this world o'ours operates! Sad, but most probably true!
edit on 18-10-2011 by Human_Alien because: grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join