It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunrise (in New Jersey) with a companion?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

And I am sorta agreeing that it can't be the Moon either. So we're on the same page here however....................

I am not saying it isn't FACTUAL that our Moon is the perfect size for a solar cover up. Where do you think I reside, in the core of the Earth? I know that! Sheesh!

What I was implying was the mere odds of having this satellite/Moon: first off, being in here then.....in the perfect position/distance .......and the perfect size........ goes AGAINST any odds that I can ever fathom.

There is something very mysterious, strange and odd about our lil Moon! And mainstream science even agrees with this so, what's the problem?

Yep Moon and distance from the Earth and the odds of this = Weird...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
While it may be amusing to figure out what really causes these anomolies in these photos, that anyone could seriously consider a second sun / rogue planet / whatever is floating around out there and only caught on film by a handful of people just blows my mind.

OP: you -seriously- considered that this might be a rogue sun?

It would be visible by the entire populace, not by a handful of people. It would take weeks or months to slowly move into position, and weeks and months again as it moved away. It would be obvious to everyone, EVERY day during that time. It would be huge news within a single day around the planet.

These are filming or atmospheric anomolies, nothing more. Mere common sense would tell you this.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Funny how she didn't put her finger in front of the lens flares that were moving as she was shaking the camera to see if the object above the sun would disappear also. Has anyone poster to her youtube account asking her to try????????

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
While it may be amusing to figure out what really causes these anomolies in these photos, that anyone could seriously consider a second sun / rogue planet / whatever is floating around out there and only caught on film by a handful of people just blows my mind.

OP: you -seriously- considered that this might be a rogue sun?

It would be visible by the entire populace, not by a handful of people. It would take weeks or months to slowly move into position, and weeks and months again as it moved away. It would be obvious to everyone, EVERY day during that time. It would be huge news within a single day around the planet.

These are filming or atmospheric anomolies, nothing more. Mere common sense would tell you this.

I don't know what I consider only, I am open because science has been proven wrong too many times to be taken as gospel.

Here's my thing.....we don't have much history to draw from. We're sorta making crap up as we go along. Sure, it makes sense to us now but will it in another 500 years? I highly doubt it. We're going to look like a bunch of buffoons.

So, when 'they' say our solar system comprises of one sun, 8 or 9 planets, scores of moons, 1 Earth Moon, an orbit (belt) that contains broken up pieces of something, I am certain that'll change in due time.

Maybe because we're moving into a part of the Milky Way where we've never been before maybe new things are showing up? We already saw that with Elenin! So who knows? Our Sun is so enormous (not compared to other stars but from our prospective) that, why not? Why can't something be snuggled up next to it? And maybe NASA knows and strategically set up the two Stereo satellites in a way that impedes this body?

I don't know my friend. I really don't know.

What I do feel is NASA knows a LOT more than they're letting on and what I find beyond fascinating is when they announced we would (could) be seeing two suns fairly soon (or in a million years) due to Betelgeuse imploding. So.....could it be they are covering something up? One never knows! And how will we be able to discern if we're seeing this super nova or Nibiru? Gotta admit the timing of that announcement was bizarre to say the least! But there again, I think part of the agenda is to keep us guessing thus, divided.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

What is really sad, is to read how so many people eat up this nonsense, (comments on the YT video, they are so disappointing) swallowing it without question, when just the tiniest dash of common sense should be employed, first.

Yet, ignorance out in the general public at large abounds, apparently. Science education is woefully inadequate, and not just in the USA's schools. Or, it was inadequate for a large crop of current adults, anyhow.

Let's hope that the current generation who are in school now aren't going to turn out as completely bonkers as this woman in New Jersey.

Wonder if she ever lived in Colorado, and knows the "Crazy Rainbow Lady"??

(Available on YouTube, with a simple search...it's hilarious. This "Irish" lass has a ways to go, yet, on the hilarity factor scale, but she's catching up quite nicely....).

edit on Tue 18 October 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

I am always amazed at people when I have my Telescope out during the day looking at the moon. People ask "What are you looking at"? And I say "The moon" and they look up and go "wow I didn't know the moon was out during the day!" LOL

The average person can't even point out where certain countries are on a map so..........do people really think 'everyone would be seeing this"?????
It's called one of two things (or a combination thereof) 1, people often take their surroundings for granted and don't pay attention and/or 2, they're simply not interested.

I guarantee that if the Moon rose in the west tonight, very few would notice! Because after all, televisions, iPhones, computers, text messaging, x-Boxes etc are keeping most eyes focused downward!
This is probably why, in part, the ancients Inuits were much more in tune with nature (plus alien intervention too of course)
edit on 18-10-2011 by Human_Alien because: spelling

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Again, there's a difference between the average person noticing the moon's position on any given night or the Orion belt being in the wrong place, versus seeing a second freaking sun. I agree that the vaaaaaast majority wouldn't notice the former, but the latter would be ALL OVER the place. Not just on ATS and Youtube and some blogs.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by Greensage

Well thanks for the explanation however, I am reading it the way I am reading it. I cannot read your inflections however but I still don't understand what our atmosphere has to do with not being able to see stars if we were out into space but..............I don't want to discuss it anymore. It's irrelevant to this thread. And the way you're explaining things and the way I am picking it up, just isn't jiving. It happens. Let's move on. Thanks

It is not irrelevant unless it is irrelevant to you as an individual. I am sorry you cannot comprehend a lens.

Take a piece of normal glass, cut it in such a way as so it has a curvature or convex/concave nature. Look through it and depending on the nature of which you view you will see a distorted image!

The small orb above the sun is nothing more than the actual sun, viewed through our very convex bubble we call the atmosphere; somehow split so the eye can see two suns. One is the actual size of how it would be viewed without our normal lens capacity (small one), and the other (the larger one) a distorted enlargement, but none-the-less, our normal view. One Sun two views!

You cannot simply dismiss this as irrelevant when it is likely the answer!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

No, if you - and 7 billion other people - can see it every day, it is real.

If you cannot see it, and it only appears in photos or videos posted on youtube, it is a lens flare.

So go and look.

And decide for yourself.

Think.

You are not as stupid as they tell you.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
For what my two cents is worth...
I went out in the afternoon a couple of weeks ago and looked at the sun through an arc welding mask of my husbands, there was nothing there but the sun. Beautiful but still only the one body.
So unless whatever it is isn't visible to the southern hemisphere there isn't anything there.
I was a little disappointed myself...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Thank you, this is exactly the point.

And, the Sun looks just the same from any hemisphere, to answer that query. We are so far away that we all get essentially the same vantage point view.

In other words, parallax angles are insignificant from this tiny globe, at these distances, and the Sun's apparent size as seen from afar.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus

Again, there's a difference between the average person noticing the moon's position on any given night or the Orion belt being in the wrong place, versus seeing a second freaking sun. I agree that the vaaaaaast majority wouldn't notice the former, but the latter would be ALL OVER the place. Not just on ATS and Youtube and some blogs.

Maybe it doesn't just hang there but rather orbits the Sun. And if it were that close I'd say the orbit is pretty fast. Maybe it appears and act as quickly as an eclipse does where, only a certain portion of the Earth can view it?

I'm just throwing out thoughts. Not facts.

Now I am not saying I believe that this is what this is but there always seems to be some way to make this phenomenon real and yet, enigmatic at the same time (although if I were to cast a vote, I'd say they're seeing and recording a sundog) But because I am not voting, merely discussing, I'm keeping a partially opened mind!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Look at the intellectual capacity of the woman who filmed this, from her reply on her YouTube page for the video:

YO! Captain... No I'm not kidding, wrong! Did it ever occur to you that I have photos from not only my brand NEW beautiful camera, daughter's photos and various other people who get the SAME shots.... BANG/BANG BABY It's people like YOU that are EVIL and need to learn the word EVOLVE. Didn't YO Momma EVER teach you that if you don't have anything nice to say to say than don't say anything at all, HA ha Captain, I see the bubbles as you sink!

This is not an IQ that will be competing in any Mensa challenges any time soon.....

Since she cannot fathom the fact that those other cameras all result in similar artifacts.

You hear her own words, in the video, talking about its position. With her "new" camera phone, it's at the one o'clock position. But, she says, she's seen it at the seven o'clock position.

Doesn't she realize that is 180° opposite from the first?? No, she doesn't, because she has no clue of science, astronomy, technology, optics, nothing but how to point and shoot, and then use a computer to make herself look foolish.

We just had a perfect example, "Amanda" from Down Under, but just above
who actually made the effort to look with her own eyes, and with proper protection of course, to see there is just the Sun, only the Sun, and nothing else.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
I'm not about to argue with you (please know that) but I want to pose these questions for the sake of understanding better:
Who are these people watching the skies?
If you say amateur astronomers then, what is or where is their outlet/venue to get this news out? Do they have an amateur astronomer channel somewhere?

Yes, lots of them. And I don't think you will find a single one that knows his stuff pushing the idea of a second sun or a companion to the sun.

Let me google that for you

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

We could certainly examine this idea. A mind exercise can be fun, and help get the creative juices flowing. It can also be educational.

You were just thinking out loud, and wondering if something previously unknown -

....orbits the Sun. And if it were that close I'd say the orbit is pretty fast.

Yes, I'd say you would be correct if something as seen in that video from the woman's Android phone camera were actually that close and in orbit around the Sun. It would by necessity have to be very, very fast......

Going on just that short video, though, I didn't see the alleged "object" move. Surely, if it were another star, albeit much tinier than the Sun (by the apparent size difference) then it would shine on its own (well, not really, because a star that size would not be that color. See? Learning experience #1; that is a fact that can be checked by research).

Also, if it were in that close, would be well within the orbit of planet Mercury --- which takes about 88 days to complete each orbit. Mercury's velocity on orbit is 47.9 km/sec. In order to be in a "stable" orbit, something closer will have to be moving even faster, or it will fall in from the gravitational attraction. I looked it up...for an object at Mercury's position (distance) from the Sun, escape velocity to leave Solar orbit is 67.7 km/sec some escape velocities in our Solar System.

Not that we could see it move in that short couple minute video of course. But, if it was not a star, then it would be a solid orb reflecting sunlight...(and present on the other side of th Sun, in order to be reflecting) which means when it transited the Sun in between us and our star, it would silhouette, and be very obvious.

Problem with extremely close large masses in space, is the Roche Limit. (This explains Saturn's rings, by the way). Whether it is one smaller mass being torn apart by the larger, or two large (one very larger) battling it out. Either way, there's gonna be trouble. And, at that apparent proximity, even a tiny star would be tearing up the Sun's surface (and the Sun tearing at it), causing quite a show, from the mutual gravitational forces at work.

So, tossing that idea aside....

One could then claim that it wasn't "close", but it was a trick of the angle we view it, from our current position. That this other "star" is on the opposite side of the Sun, and just in partial view at the moment. OK, but what happened to this "thing" 6 months ago? The Earth's orbit has a diameter of more than 93,000,000 miles. That is a pretty good "view" of things that might try to "hide behind" the Sun.

At this point often, the notion of this "thing" being in the same orbit as Earth is suggested. Not withstanding the hilarity of this idea as being farcical, based on the entire history of mankind and celestial observations, nowadays we have many other "eyes" out in space, from vantage points other than standing here on Earth. Observatories in the Lagrange points along Earth's orbit give us a wide view around the Sun: ( ♫...Home, Home on Lagrange...♫.

So, what's left? How about nothing more than camera anomalies, and a less-than-science-savvy few in the general population who don't mind displaying their ignorance for all the World to see...on a daily basis.

edit on Tue 18 October 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I don't know what I consider only, I am open because science has been proven wrong too many times to be taken as gospel.

Ok.. that's fine. But all of your reply has really nothing to do with your original post. I am quite willing to believe that we are still infants in the grand scheme of things. Which is why I sort of chuckle when people insist that they KNOW it would be impossible for alien life to be visiting us, due to the distances involved.

But it doesn't matter what you believe - a rogue sun / planet that is as clear as it is in your first post, would be seen by the majority of the planets population. Huge bodies in space take awhile to get from point A to point B. It doesn't just poof into existence for a few minutes for someone to snap a photo, and then disappear again. It would have been filmed for weeks, and it would be THE main storyline on the planet.

It's obvious these are NOT rogue anythings (maybe a rogue camera..) - that was your original post, and I'm saying simple common sense would belay any of these sorts of posts.. of which we have far too many.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join