It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Afterlife is a Fact.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Seventhdoor

Just food for thought.. Most modern projections for the end of the universe have it dying out into total entropy.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by humphreysjim

You (Your Conciousness at this second) is a result of your experiences to this point and your genetics. You have never been non existent. Only the universe was non existent, because you are a part of the universe you cannot be non existent.

Time Before Time Paradox:

How can Time exist if Time is required for anything to happen? Time cannot create itself, so how did Time come about?

Answer: Time has always been and will always be and since Time is the 3rd "part" (dimension) of the Universe, the Universe has also always been.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Before you were born, you were dead, and now you are alive. So when you die again, it makes perfect logic sense that you will have another opprotunity for life.

That doesn't any sense once so ever. Seriously.

What the hell

What logic are you using for this hypothesis? When you die, you die.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

And to add time is based of here on earth how many SOL go arounds the Earth does. SO what is time to a being that isnt from SOL system? Is it based on the Star of that location and then how do you manage the times if you go from there to here and back

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by Seventhdoor

Just food for thought.. Most modern projections for the end of the universe have it dying out into total entropy.

Considering the Universe is NOT a Closed System, those projections are flawed. Also, the Hubble has proven the Universe to have Order, what you haven't realized is it's Perfect Order.

The Equation of Perfect Order is:

Zero Control = Zero Chaos = Perfect Order

Order, via Control, breeds Chaos but Control, via Order, isn't Control.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

And to add time is based of here on earth how many SOL go arounds the Earth does. SO what is time to a being that isnt from SOL system? Is it based on the Star of that location and then how do you manage the times if you go from there to here and back

What you are referring to is your perception of Time, not Time itself.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Its simple.

Before you were born, you were dead, and now you are alive. So when you die again, it makes perfect logic sense that you will have another opprotunity for life.

Now, that doesn't mean that there is a heaven or hell, it simply means there is definitely life after death as before this life, you were dead, or not alive (same thing), and now you're alive. Life after death.
edit on 6-10-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

To put it another way using different words:
There is non-existence before and after life. The fact that non-existence preceded life implies the FACT that life can arise from non-existence. Since this is the case, then the period of non-existence after this life has the opportunity for another life arising. It's simple and it's obvious.

ummm... I don't see how this explains anything, and your concept is warped. We don't just suddenly appear from death. In fact, it takes 2 lives to make another life. However the way you put it, is we come from the dead. Now this is an interesting theory, but I don't see in any new life bursting from the bodies of the dead.

I do believe there is something after death, and I like the idea of reincarnation, but this is not a good theory, or explanation. It's very vague, it's really twisted and it's actually kind of wrong. We are not dead then alive, my mother had sex with my dad and I was born. 2 lives making another. Life makes life. That's the real fact.

Good try.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

How do you know it is an open system?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Trying to convince some of these people that there is life after death is like trying to convince ancient civilizations that the earth was round. If they're not open minded enough to consider the notion then there's little you can do short of them having a Near Death Experience themselves and coming back to talk about it.

I've seen many NDE videos where the person states that they thought God was as ridiculous as Santa clause, until one day... their spirit left their body and went "somewhere" and they felt a "presence" greater than their own that brought them to shame. They also told of how amazed they were to open their eyes (but not physically having eyes) after they thought they would just be extinguished like a match.

They also said that while they still don't believe in "God" as religion states, there is definitely some sort of higher -energy- is the way they describe it, than them. Some call it "the light"
edit on 7-10-2011 by drivebricker because: typo

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Its simple.

Now, that doesn't mean that there is a heaven or hell, it simply means there is definitely life after death as before this life, you were dead, or not alive (same thing), and now you're alive. Life after death.

To put it another way using different words:
There is non-existence before and after life. The fact that non-existence preceded life implies the FACT that life can arise from non-existence. Since this is the case, then the period of non-existence after this life has the opportunity for another life arising. It's simple and it's obvious.

How do you know we were dead before we were born? That is the part I don't understand.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Explain please what is time based on then? You like amphibeans I see

edit on 10/7/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I wouldn't invest any stock into the proposal of reincarnation
sounds too much like a childish mindtrip to me... but I really don't know... people can only offer subjective or philosophical input
Solidifying conclusions in certain mental terrain can be destructive.... but when it comes to the afterlife any assumption is possible but ultimately inconsequential to what ultimately happens "in reality" after a persons demise

As you may see I'm not very studious and I could be extremely ignorant in the scope of this matter but I still remain neutral and don't see the importance of knowing the truth. Everyone must realize it is very easy to deceive oneself though. I think if one can remain intelligent within a state of simplicity,, the whole question of 'how, where, why' etc in regards to the afterlife is kinda irrelevant.

"There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle."

just woke up and in need of a several cups of coffee... if any of this is just rambling I apologize

edit on 7-10-2011 by WaffleBear because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2011 by WaffleBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WaffleBear

I can't imagine the creation of something like being a human without selling tickets.
I would ride again if i had the choice.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
How can one state that non-existence is death? I am sorry, but the statement lacks something. The two are not mutually exclusive! I have died and been "brought back" a few times (there's complacency for you!).Oh, and by the way, there is no "hell". The term is used to control the masses

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
While I agree that there is an afterlife I have to point out a few things to you.

From a purely scientific perspective there is plenty of existence before birth..I was once a sperm in my father's body and I was impregnated into an egg in my mother's body. And they were once they same thing in their parents and their grand parents and great grand parents etc until it all goes back to a certain starting point. So it wasn't truly "non-existence" and then suddenly here I am. There is a well defined chain of events leading up to my life.

But, I do agree there is life after death. It's another portion of life that we on earth cannot explain. However, this theory of yours sort of reminds me of the "which came first? the chicken or the egg?" debacle.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Were you inspired by my previous signature?

Before you were born you were actually dead, so why are we afraid to die when we have been it before and are alive now?

I've said this to people all the time and it is nice to see someone who agrees!
edit on 2011/10/7 by TrappedSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

But of course! Like it's a fact that A+B=C, even if they are letters!

Welcome back to the world of pure sectarian logic... where anything goes!

But seriously.. what is your proof that your were dead before being born? You weren't dead, you were just nonexistent.
edit on 7/10/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

Originally posted by humphreysjim
The issue people are having here is why it would be "you" that is born.

I get it.

The question is, how was it me that was born this time?

I don't think we can answer that at this time.

What is consciousness? What is identity? Who am "I"? etc, etc

I don't think we can say too much about consciousness after death because we don't understand what consciousness is.

Once we have the answer to that question, then we can know for sure whether or not there are multiple incarnations.

Personally though, the implications stated herein are enough for me to accept the multiple incarnation theory as fact. In my personal opinion, the fact that non-existence precedes and procedes existence is enough to convince me that existence can arise from non-existence on multiple occassions.

Honestly, I think we are all one. My identity is the only thing that makes me believe I am this body, and without my identity, I am you and you are me, therefore, the death of my body is not the end of my existence because my existence is in everything. However, this is a personal opinion that has nothing to do with the scientific discussion and the basis for that discussion that has been established thus far.

I have listed the known facts and that is what this thread is about. I

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

This is how i see it.
Stars related
There are 12 constellation .so 12 months.
A day has 2 cycles so 2*12 hours
12 hours is 6*2 hours (=12) = 12(0) minutes.
same with minutes and seconds
so 12 is or was an important number.

Now is my question why is 1 'hour' not the 2 'hours' ( so after then its 1 hour equall to 120 minutes), so we had 12 hours a day.

Back on topic:
Justin i dont think this is an enddless cycle.
Because when you die,you loose the famous 21 grams.This energy has some purpose,so it will be used.
Or is there some kind of 'reloading station'.

edit on 7-10-2011 by mprins998 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Doesn't work that way.. action -> reaction... and there is no more 'action' .... reaction before action is only possible in quantum mechanics.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join