It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Afterlife is a Fact.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

We all look for answers, some big some small everyday. There is no proof of life after death no matter your belief structure. Not till you get there will you have your proof. We are wired this way as to not understand the truth yet for a reason. You make a point in your circle as we are living proof now but are we a circle or a line? If a line then a point A to B line or a point A to infinitely line? Or maybe an infant line all together? We have no way to answer it not with the grey mass we have been equipped with. For me the logical point is we are not ment to understand it yet so I have faith in what I believe. We all need faith in ourselves or a god or in another. We need that to replace proof or we have nothing to leave here with. If we knew the proof we would only behave accounting to it as it would define us permanently we would loose choice forever with proof.

link   
I then saw these beings dressed in white robes. They were smiling at me as they approached. One put his hand on my shoulder and turned me to face the light. I again said, " Father, please let me go home...My children need me and I need them. I want to finish raising them and then you can take me. Please let me go home!" After a few seconds, the light said to me," I will let you go home to be with your children, it is not your time." It was not with a voice, he spoke with emotion. That is the only way I can explain it. Then, in an instant, I flew backward through empty space and directly back into my body.

Suddenly, I could here a nurse say, "He's gone, I still don't feel a pulse!" The doctor replied, listen to the monitor, we got him back, he is breathing again." I remember feeling very cold and I heard the doctor telling me to take slow deep breaths. he said, " Michael, breathe for me son, your lips are still purple...come on, take in the oxygen." I slowly lifted my . and saw my shirt was covered completely in blood. I whispered, "Where did this come from?" while touching my chest. The doctor said that I had aspirated and this is what came out of my lungs. My last reply to the doctor was, "I saw the light!" He rubbed my . while they rushed me into surgery and said, "That's not the first time I heard that!" He told me to keep breathing and they were going to help me get well.

Sorry for making this so long folks. I just feel it is important for you to know all the facts. Am I a religious person? No. Do I read the bible or go to church? No. Do I believe in God? Absolutely! I have no doubts that there is a God and He loves all of us, believers and non-believers. Since this has happened to me, every once in a while I get inspiration and write what comes to me. I have also posted some on a blog that i will give you a link to. All I can tell you is, the things I do write, do not come from me. You can call it God, you can call it talent. All I do know is...I did not have this talent until after this incident. Here is the link: believerspath.blogspot.com...

link   

Originally posted by Solomons
'You' are a culmination of experiences/memories stored in the brain, when the brain dies due to lack of oxygen so do you. It is not a difficult concept to understand, and even if there was some sort of afterlife the above is still true so it would not be 'you' experiencing it....

Afterlife in the traditional sense is nonsense though...you die, decompose and nourish other forms of life just as other forms of life have nourished you. No need to make up fancy tales.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

There seem to be a lot of people who have missed my point due to their interpretation of my words. I have clarified my point on previous pages and I keep repeating myself.

Nothing I have said contradicts mainstream scientific knowledge.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jed001

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Its simple.

Before you were born, you were dead, and now you are alive. So when you die again, it makes perfect logic sense that you will have another opprotunity for life.

Now, that doesn't mean that there is a heaven or hell, it simply means there is definitely life after death as before this life, you were dead, or not alive (same thing), and now you're alive. Life after death.
edit on 6-10-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

To put it another way using different words:
There is non-existence before and after life. The fact that non-existence preceded life implies the FACT that life can arise from non-existence. Since this is the case, then the period of non-existence after this life has the opportunity for another life arising. It's simple and it's obvious.

before i was born i did not exist, so i could not have been dead. your logic is flawed. do you need the birds and bees explained to you
all life on earth comes from something, you are trying to create a formula so you can have the answer you want, 2+2 does not equal squirrel no matter how you do the math

You are misinterpreting my meaning. I have clarified this in depth on page 5 and 6.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This is the kind of moronic faulty "logic" that creationists try to push on people. Please just stop. Speculation based on Non sequitur (logic) does not = "fact".
edit on 7-10-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I think that no one have looked at my post in page 7 yet too bad ............

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by djz3ro

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

No one can BE dead, that doesn't make any sense.

I think I speak for almost everyone when I say, huh?

A statement like that, especially posted on a site like ATS needs an explanation, hopefully one that doesn't start with "in the Bible..."

Think it through you can do it.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

While reincarnation could be a possibility...your logic in defending it as a fact is faulty.

Let me explain why.

I took some clay, and made a cup with it. Then I dropped it and it shattered into a million pieces. The cup was "dead" or in a state of non-existance before I made it...and it was in a state of non-existance after I broke it. This does not mean that the pieces will spontaneously gather together to form another cup.....especially if I just throw them in the trash!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4
This is the kind of moronic faulty "logic" that creationists try to push on people. Please just stop. Speculation based on Non sequitur (logic) does not = "fact".

Alright. I'll list some known facts that apply to this situation. All of these facts are in no way contradictory to my initial proposal.

FACT # 1:

You exist.

FACT # 2:

Before you were born, you did not exist.

FACT # 3:

When you die, you will not exist.

FACT # 4:

Death of body is also the death of Identity.

FACT # 5:

Existence arises from non-existence.

FACT # 6:

Since existence arises from non-existence, then the period of non-existence after your death has the potential for a period of subsequent existence. See fact # 5.

These facts are the entirety of what my post is based on. If you can point out how they are not facts, then I will retract my original statement.
edit on 7-10-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

While reincarnation could be a possibility...your logic in defending it as a fact is faulty.

Let me explain why.

I took some clay, and made a cup with it. Then I dropped it and it shattered into a million pieces. The cup was "dead" or in a state of non-existance before I made it...and it was in a state of non-existance after I broke it. This does not mean that the pieces will spontaneously gather together to form another cup.....especially if I just throw them in the trash!

Actually, this as an analogy is the only thing illogical.

First of all, you made the cup. Second of all, the cup can be made again the same way it was made the first time. Third, the cup is an inanimate object and bears no relevance to the cycle of life and death.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
ohh yah prove i was dead before i was born you got a link for that?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I sure hope reincarnation is real. Next time I want an instruction manual.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAMYANKEEDEM
I sure hope reincarnation is real. Next time I want an instruction manual.

Your reading/living it right now?
Now graduate

edit on 10/7/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

Let me explain why.

When you can create a cup that regenerates then you will have created.Something like a gord that grows.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

FACT # 5:

FACT # 6:

Since existence arises from non-existence, then the period of non-existence after your death has the potential for a period of subsequent existence. See fact # 5.

I think you need to use the correct words for what it is your trying to explain.

The above is not proof of an afterlife at all, Its proof that you die, and that someone else is born..

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esotericizm

FACT # 5:

FACT # 6:

I think you need to use the correct words for what it is your trying to explain.

The above is not proof of an afterlife at all, Its proof that you die, and that someone else is born..

Yes, and that someone will be you when it is born, but not necessarily the you from the previous life.
edit on 7-10-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Are you completely sure that those are facts?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
What proof do you have to verify that claim?

Man did not come into existence at a population of 7 billion (or whatever large number it actually is), So where have all these extra conciousness come from over the years? Are other species dying out so that mankind may live on and grow in numbers?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

You're completely missing my point *facepalm*

OK let me try to explain this more simply....the cup was here...then the cup wasn't. It's not a FACT that the cup will come back into existence, simply for the reason that it didn't exist, and then did. What is not being addressed here is the special circumstances under which the cup could come into existence again. The cup COULD come into existence again if I gathered the pieces and heated them up, and remolded them. My point being that the example of life and death does NOTHING to show life after death as a fact. It does not give the special circumstance that would make this possible. The original posted argument is greatly flawed as it has ENORMOUS assumptions. Mainly that there is a soul which survives death....something which argument does nothing at all to prove as fact. Without that assumption my cup analogy is every bit as apt. Sure, life itself moves on....plants have seeds which continue the species....continue the life. But the original example gives NO proof whatsoever that a person's individual life force will remain intact, and then through some special process, be transferred into a new body to live again. It's simply poor logic......far too many grand and unwarranted assumptions. If you had understood my cup analogy you'd have understood that it illustrates that without having to dumb it down and point everything out...... Sorry but it's true.
edit on 7-10-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: If you must know there was a random "My" that had no purpose, so I removed it.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Yeah but your born as a baby with no memories so technically OP you're wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join