It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Afterlife is a Fact.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
yes, the soul never dies

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I completely agree with what you are saying. I can help you with your submission of proof. There is a website called "Near Death Experience Research Foundation" or "NDERF" which contains thousands of cases of peoples' stories which explain their Near Death Experience, or NDE. The proof is in these stories, which are all similar, but individual experiences do vary. Now, a few people could be making these stories up. But thousands of people did not.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esotericizm
reply to post by humphreysjim

I am more than just DNA, But when I die it is my opinion that I will cease to exist for eternity and no part of me will ever come into existence again. And thats just what the op has presented, An Opinion and he has tried to pass it off as fact...Which I very much disagree with.

For sure it isn't a fact, but you can't reject the whole argument just because he asserted it with too much confidence.

What constitutes you? If it is just a certain configuration of matter, then it can arise again, in theory. I wonder what more you think goes into making up "you".

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by veritaslibertas

I have and now your getting into the realm of truth.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Its simple.

Before you were born, you were dead, and now you are alive. So when you die again, it makes perfect logic sense that you will have another opprotunity for life.

Now, that doesn't mean that there is a heaven or hell, it simply means there is definitely life after death as before this life, you were dead, or not alive (same thing), and now you're alive. Life after death.

How can something be "dead" if it was never alive first? You're kind of putting the cart before the horse, no?

The much easier solution is the Law of Conservation of Energy. One's lifeforce energy, if we are to believe science, cannot be destroyed, only change form, etc. So, since that energy has to go somewhere, it stands to reason that this "somewhere" is an afterlife.

Now, what form that takes, is where we really get into the debate...but even science holds that such energy must go somewhere...the big question is where?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

I don't understand how your OP proves afterlife is a fact but I do know what does prove an afterlife of some form. We release energy from our bodies when we die, this cannot be destroyed but instead infuses with the surroundings somehow.

If we are buried we nourish the surrounding environment in some way.

Regardless of all that personally I believe we do have a soul of some kind and I believe we experience a lot more than this one lifetime.

If you are talking about the 21 grams that a body loses at death, I have bad news for you.

When the body dies the transport system for gases and fluids shuts down. It's fairly complex but there is a medical explanation for the very small loss of weight.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I hate to rain on this parade, but there's nothing in the OP that resembles proof. Of any kind. The only thing for certain is that we're born, and everything that is born, dies. Everything else is subjective and calls for speculation.
This begs the question of a "soul". If this ( presumably ) one life is all we have, and when we die it's "lights out", perhaps this means that the life we do have is even more precious.
There's not a lot of room in what we call "proof" for "faith" or personal belief in something.

I'm not bagging on you OP, I believe there is more behind the curtain that what we see physically. ( Infra-red and ultraviolet spectrums ( and many other spectrums ) do indeed exist, and we don't see them, hear them, or ( in most cases ) feel them, yet these other spectrums of energy are nonetheless real.

You used terms in your headline saying that an afterlife is certain, implying a scientific fact, which is not possible at our current level of scientific investigation. Gotta call it like I see it. I'm committed to truthiness.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Has anyone had a chance to read some of Edgar Caycee's writings on the afterlife? It's very interesting. His writing regarding the universe and other things were found to be surprisingly accurate and are still being proved long after his death.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

From what I understand there are various dimensions or densities within the universe. Souls,lifeforce,energy etc... whatever you would like to call it is constantly moving between these various dimensions for different reasons. Its difficult to explain from our perspective in our current dimension because the way we are able to perceive our environment is entirely different in each dimension. This idea can be backed up because there are things in the universe that we know of but are unable to perceive with our senses. Some of these can be recorded with technology. There are energies around us constantly that we are unaware of.

I feel that there is a connection between the pineal gland and the soul. '___' which is produced by the pineal gland has very interesting properties and I believe this natural chemical has great importance in our birth and death. When a person is prepared mentally '___' can unlock more of our true potential. It has been known to open doors between dimensions so to speak. As I stated earlier '___' release 7 weeks after conception facilitates the transfer of a soul into the fetus. I believe this is done by opening a door from another dimensions and a spirit,soul or some form of energy however you wish to see it is then transferred into the fetus giving a human its soul. I have not researched if there is any sort of pineal '___' release at death but I would guess that it is likely. Thus opening another doorway between dimensions and allowing that being of energy, that soul to move on to its next test or adventure, lesson etc... who knows the possibilities?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by darkest4
This is the kind of moronic faulty "logic" that creationists try to push on people. Please just stop. Speculation based on Non sequitur (logic) does not = "fact".
edit on 7-10-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

Alright. I'll list some known facts that apply to this situation. All of these facts are in no way contradictory to my initial proposal.

FACT # 1:

You exist.

FACT # 2:

Before you were born, you did not exist.

FACT # 3:

When you die, you will not exist.

FACT # 4:

Death of body is also the death of Identity.

FACT # 5:

Existence arises from non-existence.

FACT # 6:

Since existence arises from non-existence, then the period of non-existence after your death has the potential for a period of subsequent existence. See fact # 5.

These facts are the entirety of what my post is based on. If you can point out how they are not facts, then I will retract my original statement.
edit on 7-10-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

The state before birth isn't non existence it is pre existence and the state after death isn't Non existence it is
post existence.

Existence doesn't arise from non existence it arises from pre existence. Only the Universe arose from Non existence.. Maybe =)

You are a result of your Genetics and experiences, so no nothing with the same genetics and experiences will EVER exist again. So YOU will never be born.

Consciousness will arise again and if you wanted to argue the primacy of consciousness then use the word consciousness not the word YOU.

Changing your argument five pages into a thread and then claiming it's our fault for not understanding is weak form my friend. Admit when you're wrong, it's liberating.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by veritaslibertas

I have and now your getting into the realm of truth.

Thanks! It is so important in understanding who we are and our connection with the universe. It saddens me to see so much of humanity not understanding their true potential and true power.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

Experiences change constantly, so what you defined as "you" must change billions of times a day.

The "you" you define would only exist for a millisecond. Obviously not what the OP was referring to.

Also, if something doesn't "exist" it is "non-existent" by definition.
edit on 7-10-2011 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Its simple.

Before you were born, you were dead, and now you are alive. So when you die again, it makes perfect logic sense that you will have another opprotunity for life.

Now, that doesn't mean that there is a heaven or hell, it simply means there is definitely life after death as before this life, you were dead, or not alive (same thing), and now you're alive. Life after death.

To put it another way using different words:
There is non-existence before and after life. The fact that non-existence preceded life implies the FACT that life can arise from non-existence. Since this is the case, then the period of non-existence after this life has the opportunity for another life arising. It's simple and it's obvious.

Before We were born, We were true life. This isn't true life! That's the fatal flaw in your argument!

Non-existence doesn't exist, only existence exists!

Law of Existence - that which exists, exists but that which does not exist, does not.

Something cannot come from nothing, it only appears to come from nothing because you don't know where it came from. So if you are going to use logic, please use it correctly!

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Skunkworks thread.

Did you not take biology in school? You didn't exist before you lived because you as a sperm did not exist until your Father's reproductive organs created you. When you die you do not return back to a sperm unless you time travelled to do it all over again which is more likely than your theory. You're saying that you as a sperm will exist somewhere else when you die, how the frigg do you work that out? Your logic is wrong and how you don't see that I do not know. Whoever gave those stars to you needs a knock on the head.

I wish I did believe in the afterlife as it'd be comforting so when I saw the thread title I thought ''this might be interesting'' and was I wrong. Worst afterlife theory ever.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Its simple.

How can something be "dead" if it was never alive first? You're kind of putting the cart before the horse, no?

The much easier solution is the Law of Conservation of Energy. One's lifeforce energy, if we are to believe science, cannot be destroyed, only change form, etc. So, since that energy has to go somewhere, it stands to reason that this "somewhere" is an afterlife.

Now, what form that takes, is where we really get into the debate...but even science holds that such energy must go somewhere...the big question is where?

What if your Soul isn't within you, but rather, is "connected" to you? Ever hear of Bi-dimensional Telekinesis?

Your Soul isn't physically within you, so it goes no where when the body ceases to function, it just wakes up.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

You (Your Conciousness at this second) is a result of your experiences to this point and your genetics. You have never been non existent. Only the universe was non existent, because you are a part of the universe you cannot be non existent.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

Does a car exist before it's been built? The parts of the car do, but the car itself is "non-existent" because it doesn't exist.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Yes All the materials that make up a car exist. They just have to be assembled into a car.

That's kind of my point. You can't make a car without parts. There is a pre-existing condition with is required to make the car. And that condition is not Non-Existence that condition is the availability of parts to make the car.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Buddha1098 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Socrates has already covered this in Dialogues of Plato. He reasons that because of how opposites in the universe work, and because of how cycles in nature works, that we will return. He reasons that if death was oblivion for things, then the universe would head towards complete inertia and absolute death. In this, he includes the soul, saying that the soul experiences rebirth like all other things, in its due time and season.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join