It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Afterlife is a Fact.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by Esotericizm

Originally posted by darkest4
This is the kind of moronic faulty "logic" that creationists try to push on people. Please just stop. Speculation based on Non sequitur (logic) does not = "fact".
edit on 7-10-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

FACT # 5:

Existence arises from non-existence.

FACT # 6:

Since existence arises from non-existence, then the period of non-existence after your death has the potential for a period of subsequent existence. See fact # 5.

I think you need to use the correct words for what it is your trying to explain.

The above is not proof of an afterlife at all, Its proof that you die, and that someone else is born..

Yes, and that someone will be you when it is born, but not necessarily the you from the previous life.
edit on 7-10-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

The issue people are having here is why it would be "you" that is born.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

What proof do you have to verify that claim?

Man did not come into existence at a population of 7 billion (or whatever large number it actually is), So where have all these extra conciousness come from over the years? Are other species dying out so that mankind may live on and grow in numbers?

I came from non-existence once, so I can do it again.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

I get it.

The question is, how was it me that was born this time?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Man did not come into existence at a population of 7 billion (or whatever large number it actually is), So where have all these extra conciousness come from over the years? Are other species dying out so that mankind may live on and grow in numbers?

lol don't answer my questions with flawed logic, You claimed fact in your title and now i want to hear this so called "fact".

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

By way of a direct biological, physical link; lack of complexion and sentience converging towards sentient life through conception, fetal development, birth etc.

How is your consciousness going to "jump" to another body?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

lol don't answer my questions with flawed logic, You claimed fact in your title and now i want to hear this so called "fact".

Yes. Maybe you can help me.

My new question, and the issue at hand is:

How is it "me" that exists now?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234

How is your consciousness going to "jump" to another body?

I guess the correct answer to this question would be that it was never "my" consciousness to begin with. It was the consciousness of the body that my identity inhabited.

So, consciousness will come from conception and will belong to no one as a possession. Identity will develop from that.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Well, you couldn't replace the bill with an exact replicate because an exact replica would not exist on this earth.

Why not? Exact replicas can only exist in other universes?

Let's say that's true. Same argument, modified: I'll still switch the $20 except this time I'll take the $20 from your universe and replace it with an exact replica from my universe.

An exact replica is going to exist somewhere in the vast multiverse if there are an infinite number of parallel Universes. The chances of there being an exact replica of a bill in this Universe are astronomical.

We are not the same as the note, because we identify ourselves with our "consciousness" which is not a physical thing like a bill. Going by your logic, we would die constantly as cells in our body constantly being replaced.

An exact duplicate of ourselves, if materialism is true, should be every bit as much "you" as you are.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Again you're deflecting from my questions, And asking me to provide proof of your own claim? I'm sorry but you implied you knew the secrets of afterlife and all I got was rhetoric logic that proves absolutely nothing at all.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I get it.

The question is, how was it me that was born this time?

I don't think we can answer that at this time.

What is consciousness? What is identity? Who am "I"? etc, etc

I don't think we can say too much about consciousness after death because we don't understand what consciousness is.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Your physical body came from your mom and dad and they existed.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think people who are rejecting the OP out of hand and treating it as dumb aren't really understanding it properly, as I wasn't originally.

It's a pretty simple concept but I think does run into problems due to the issue of what identity is.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I agree completely. It makes perfect sense. We will always exist in the universe in one form or another. Its not like our soul can just be removed entirely.

link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

I just fail to see which part of my existence carries on into non existence and then into existence again, I also cannot wrap my head around how he came to this conclusion as its quite obviously flawed...And my biggest problem is with the word fact in the title.

link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Your physical body came from your mom and dad and they existed.

How much would your DNA have to be altered for you to not be you?

The only connection to your parents is in DNA. So, if I modify your DNA, are you not you? What if it mutates, are you then not "you"?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The death of an organism proves nothing more than the organism was once alive.

No more, no less.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I personally consider the OPs argument to be very logical.
And, if anyone wants to counter him, please aim in on his actual argument, please drop all the ad hominen attacks about your own personal belief systems.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Ok when we fully unlock the dna then you may be right but i don't think so.It's easy to forget about your subconscious mind when pondering these things.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I am more than just DNA, But when I die it is my opinion that I will cease to exist for eternity and no part of me will ever come into existence again. And thats just what the op has presented, An Opinion and he has tried to pass it off as fact...Which I very much disagree with.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
A release of '___' from the Pineal Gland is what facilitates the soul entering the fetus. Look into '___' and its connection to the soul,conciousness,the universe and humans. Just because we can't perceive other dimensions and life around us does not mean it is not there. Think about everything in the universe, nothing is ever removed. Even when something is destroyed or dies it only transforms into a new form. This is no different than our energy or our soul. Even our physical bodies will be recycled in some way.
edit on 7-10-2011 by veritaslibertas because: sp

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join