It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lisa Irwin - Missing - One Year Later

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
reply to post by Dav1d

Hi Dav1d;

I have gone back to page 49 on this thread and I can not find your post that has film about the gas can and a cell phone. I would be very appreciated if you could lead me to this. Thank you in advance.you

As far as my information to debunk this: I have seached "Youtobe" and could not find anything. I also got a reply from "Valhall" from " The Hinky meter" and she has not heard of this either.

I am not trying to be a poo head or to make you look bad. We just can't find this info. If you could please repost your finding it would be much appreciated.
edit on 27-10-2011 by crappiekat because: Just to add

Not a problem. I post mostly from an iPad and it doesn't seem to work with the videos here so I post with a hyperlink [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTSOOZDCAR4&feature=youtube_gdata_player]> Click here for link to video of Walkie-Talkie and gas can

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'd like to thank those who tried to help with providing a link while I was gone.

I make the part I was talking about at about 1:25 into the video. I'm pretty sure that is a Motorola Talkabout FRS/GRMS radio with a max range of 16 miles (line of sight) there are a lot of different versions of this radio starting around $16.00 a unit and up.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dav1d

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Kansas City police have wrapped up a brief search at a small lake near the home where a 10-month-old baby was reported missing more than three weeks ago.
Police said the search Thursday at Chaumiere (SHO'-meer) Lake was not prompted by a tip but was another area near the child's home that needed to be searched.
Police spokesman Darin Snapp says the search lasted only about an hour and nothing of significance was found.
Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin reported their daughter, Lisa Irwin, missing Oct. 4. Police have conducted several searches and fielded many tips but say they no suspects in the case.

Interesting AP reports this;

Police spokesman Darin Snapp says the search lasted only about an hour and nothing of significance was found.

and NBCActionNews reports this;

After searching the area for several hours, investigators left without finding any evidence in connection with the Lisa Irwin investigation.

So once again we have the police saying about an hour, and NBCActionNews reporting several hours, to me that is much longer than about an hour. But I believe I predicted this one...
that the police would find nothing.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Another report of police incompetence;

Five gunshots struck a Kansas City school bus full of football players before it raced away from the district field at the former Southeast High School Friday night.

Original police reports that night did not confirm a shooting, he said, and emails sent between administrators were unclear or discovered late, he said.

“There is not any excuse for not having closed those loops,” Rounds said at tonight’s school board meeting.

The police report noted that officers did go to the football field Friday night on a reported shooting, but they did not find any victims.

Read more: www.kansascity.com...

So what do you think now? 5 to 8 shots are fired at a school bus, and 5 hit the bus. The bus races away from the area. (the coach in the school bus doesn't feel a NEED to call the cops about the 20 to 30 kids left behind where the shooting is going on) The cops respond, and can't find any "victims" eg someone who has been shot. So they label it as unconfirmed, it doesn't matter that 20 to 30 people witness the even, and watched the bus race away. No one actually got shot so it was a nonevent. The school bus has multiple holes in it, but no one from the bus company notifies the police or makes a report.... Does this knowledge, tend to make the report of the blood curling screams in the wood, and the police didn't bother to check it out more believable? Does any one else start to see a pattern here, now?

edit on 27-10-2011 by Dav1d because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

WHAT THE HECK?
Does the bus have gunshots in it?
So you're saying a bunch of Gomer Pyles are working the kc pd ?
I don't know........ what if this is a case of double jeopardy...... incompetent police
coupled with incompetent family...... baby Lisa's salvation looks doomed.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Yes it was confirmed it had been shot five times.

Another tibbit is KCPD didn't have a police chief, at the time Lisa went missing... What is that old saying when the cat is away the mice will play?

I can't help contrasting this info I have presented with what I remember reading from that TV Judge for (fox?) and how professional the KCPD is....

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Who is in charge?

The department's Crimes Against Children unit is overseeing the crime. The unit is within the Special Victims area. Capt. Mark Folsom is the unit's commander.

Folsom was the lead detective in the investigation of the Waldo area rapes that terrorized that neighborhood in 2009 and 2010. Folsom is known as a methodical and tireless detective who is camera shy. The department came under scathing criticism from Waldo area residents and even some council members for not making a quick arrest in the attacks and for seemingly having few leads.

While Folsom and his detectives focused on making an arrest, few details leaked about potential suspects before Bernard Jackson was arrested in May 2010 in connection with a series of Waldo area rapes in the 1980s. Jackson was convicted this summer and sentenced earlier this month to life in prison for those rapes. He is still awaiting trial in connection with charges involving the more recent Waldo rapes.

This requires more investigation but if I am understanding correctly, it took the KCPD just 21 to 30 years to solve a series of rapes in the 1980s!?!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
UPDATE: Lisa Irwin case press conference postponed

Cyndy Short, attorney for Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin, said in an emailed statement that she is postponing all appointments in Kansas City for Thursday and Friday until next week.

A week from now? That’s insane!

Police have said there are no suspects in the disappearance.

Who’s that coming from, the police, or the families lawyer - because just two days ago the ‘police’ said in fact the parents were suspects.

The family had resisted, despite investigators saying they really needed to speak with the boys to find out anything from that night and also get DNA samples to try and eliminate some DNA they found in baby Lisa's home.

Just what I suspected. They can’t rule out what they found until they have something to compare it to.

This signals a small thawing of relationships between the famly and investigators. Investigators say they need the family open for interviews without conditions. While the family is saying we need certain conditions.

It's been over two weeks since police have been able to interview the mother, Deborah Bradley, or the father, Jeremy Irwin. Until they can do that, they will have a dificult time making signifigant progress in this case.

What the hell. A journalist can’t spell ‘family‘ ‘difficult’ and ‘significant’? So they just shoot these articles out without even vetting them?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Yael T. Abouhalkah | Chief Forte: Police 'not trying to vilify' Lisa Irwin's parents

KC Police Chief Darryl Forte knows all about the criticisms aimed at his department by attorneys for the parents of baby Lisa Irwin.

But on Wednesday, in a meeting with The Star’s Editorial Board, Forte said the police are “not trying to vilify the family.”

The police have good reasons for doing what they are doing, the chief added. That’s essentially a response to the attorneys, who have indicated the police have been overbearing in their treatment of the parents, implying they were involved in the disappearance of baby Lisa.

So he’s got a reason. I guess we’ll have to trust him on that one until it’s proven wrong.

Forte said he wouldn’t comment further on the case, adding that the department has one spokesman - Steve Young - handling the crushing number of local and national media requests about this matter.

Why so reticent? Joking or not, Forte said this strategy was designed to hold down the number of subpoenas that might be issued in the future regarding the case.

To me, this was a broad hint that, as many people expect, this case is not going to end well, either for baby Lisa Irwin or for her parents.

So there’s the word from the men and women in blue.

peace

Added Note:

David, I think I can say for everyone we appreciate your contribution to the thread. Please be careful about staying on topic though. I know the bus shooting incident helps to cement your position the KC police are not up to snuff, but it really is off topic and I don't want this thread to get closed or your posts to get closed because they are off topic. Try to tie the topic in a little tighter in reference to Lisa so that doesn't happen ok?

Thanks

edit on 28-10-2011 by silo13 because: see added note

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Baby Lisa and the Loss of Urgency!

source

The abysmal choices and questionable behavior of baby Lisa’s mom and dad have left them exposed. One result of their failure to eliminate themselves as suspects in baby Lisa’s disappearance is that her parents are being tried and convicted in the court of public opinion. They and their representatives claim that they are being scapegoated; that the authorities have to pin the crime on someone and that the parents are the obvious choices.

However, there are too many law enforcement professionals with too much experience from too many agencies for that to be true.

The FBI, who has been involved since the beginning of the investigation has prioritized missing children since 1993.

They have a written protocol and agents that are specifically trained in missing child investigations.

Given their standing in the law enforcement community and the resource that they bring to bear on missing person cases, it would be counterproductive and reflect badly on the agency to force blame on innocent and suffering parents.

This coming from the KlaasKids Foundation that was created in 1994 in memory of kidnap/murder victim Polly Hannah Klaas. The KlaasKids Foundation was created to stop crimes against children. The article in part goes on to read:

82% of all abductions involve a family member. Therefore, once a child has been reported missing law enforcement is going to focus resource and attention on family members. To do otherwise would be irresponsible. It is in the best interest of the child, the family and the investigation for family members to fully cooperate with the authorities so that they can eliminate themselves from suspicion and allow law enforcement to focus on other possible scenarios.

More public opinion - and one that counts. They’re ‘been there done that’ and their ‘in the know’.

Does that mean they can’t be wrong? Of course not. Chances are though, their opinions are correct.

peace

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Ir win/Bradley Family Attorney cancels interview with Lisa Irwin's half brothers

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Kansas City police say Joe Tacopina, attorney for Lisa Irwin’s family, has canceled an interview with Lisa’s half-brothers.

It was scheduled for Friday. It will supposedly be rescheduled for sometime next week.

Lisa’s half-brothers were to be interviewed for the first time since the day the 11-month-old girl disappeared.

What the hell...

I'm begging to think everyone involved with the family knows an arrest is imminent.

There's no excuse for cancellations and 'rest time'. Unless of course Deborah and Jeremy need some 'adult time' to buck up and tell the truth. These parents have no intention of finding Lisa. And yes, that's me showing anger. If you don't like it? Don't bother responding because I couldn't care less.

peace

edit on 28-10-2011 by silo13 because: spacing in headline will not fix

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
www.kansascity.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Interviews of Baby Lisa’s young brothers on hold

Today’s planned interviews of Lisa Irwin’s two brothers has been postponed.

It may never happen now, because the case took a bizarre turn late Thursday as two attorneys for the family appeared to be in open conflict.

Kansas City attorney Cyndy Short said she had heard reports that New York lawyer Joe Tacopina had fired her from the case.

Not a bad move actually. Short’s referring to Lisa in the past tense is a pretty good indication her heart isn’t in this case. I wonder why? Conscience speaking perhaps? Perhaps she can’t take representing a family she doesn't believe in? Hard to say. Maybe we’ll hear someday.

But, Short fires back with:

“He’s not in a position to fire anyone,” Short told The Star. “I work for the client, not him.”

She goes on to add:

But Short said that if she has her way, the interviews with the brothers, ages 8 and 5, would likely never happen — for the sake of the boys and the case. The brothers were interviewed earlier, and she’s worried about additional trauma to them.

“I’ve done research and see more potential for harm than good with the interview,” Short said late Thursday. “It won’t happen tomorrow and maybe never.”

‘Excuse me Ms. Short? What about LISA?’

The rest of the article goes into more depth covering the ins and outs of interviewing minors. It’s a good read.

peace

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Here's a new 40 minute conglomerate of info.
LOTS of bias and misinformation and even more glitz and sensationalism.
Ugh.

IMPORTANT NOTE!

Remember Schmae (I think it was) asked about a picture of a baby from a video still that DID NOT look like Lisa?

It isn't.

That's the little son of Gil Abeyta who went missing from his crib over 25 years ago. The man who's trying to help Lisa's parents.

Here's some QUICK notes I took from the video for those who can't watch it. Rough notes.

Highlights I took from video.

- ‘The attorney's seem to be overwhelmed by the simplest tasks.’ Journalist waiting to go into Irwin/Bradley house - until the last minute refusal to let them in. The news conference and photo shoot was cancelled (as we know).

CON MOM = ‘There’s only one story that never changes, and that’s the truth. The mother can’t stick to any story at all.’

- ’Those two little boys were not blacked out. They can tell who else was there in the house during ‘adult time’.’

PRO MOM = The assumption of ‘grieving’ means dead - not true. The mother isn’t a rocket scientists. She used the wrong word.’

CON MOM = The lay interpretation for ‘grieving’ means ‘death’. Add that to the fact she’s changed that story over and over. No matter what happens to YOU you want to get the best possible info to the police as soon as possible. That alone puts a light on her she’s someone to watch.’

- ‘Do you think while mommy was passed out in the bed her boys could have been horse playing and possibly harmed her.’ It sees there’re many people who think these boys might have something to do with this as an accident. Nancy Grace says it’s extremely rare and the statistics don’t support it.

- ‘If that little baby was taken from her crib - it was pitch black out there. (Interesting point that).

- Wow, Nancy and the others freaked over the ‘hair doo’. ‘What kind of Mommy gets her HAIR DONE when her BABY is MISSING!’

- That and Deborah never makes a reference to Lisa as if she’s attached to her at all. Never, ‘I miss my baby. Please let us know how my baby is, etc.’

PRO MOM = ‘The ‘disattachment’ theory is out of the ballpark. That mom loved that child. Clean, well cared for, happy.’

CON MOM = ‘Mommies behavior is very very unusual.’

PRO MOM = ‘She did it at home on her bathroom with a brush. There is no MO’s for Moms.’

CON MOM = ‘You don’t get your hair done you get out and scream at the top of your voice for your baby. You don’t get tired. You don’t give up.’

CON MOM = ‘Nancy, you did what ever good mother does. (in reference to Nancy loosing her child in a department store), You panic. The mothers and fathers go crazy. These parents don’t ‘smell right’ to me at all.’

CON MOM = When you hear Deborah say ‘Cause we’re grieving...’ It’s true, you can almost hear her finish saying ‘..you dumb ***’.

PRO MOM = ‘I hesitate to rest a judgment cause grieving can mean sorrowful and I don’t know if that means she knows Lisa is dead. None of know how we’d react. We’ve seen cases before where we all point the finger at the parent and later find out it’s a neighbor. We all have to hope for a happy ending.

CON MOM = ‘Nancy, it’s not probably, but it’s possible.’ (Meaning the parents killed Lisa).

- ‘Dogs search a lake for a homicide, for cadaver.’

- ‘Cadaver dogs can smell the body decomposing from under the water. The dogs didn’t take a hit. I don’t know why Nancy keeps focusing on ‘the dogs went to the water BY BOAT’ - when repeatedly the police say there were no hits on the lake.

- Nancy reports misleading information by reporting Jeremy had a air tight alibi.

- It’s my impression Nancy just soooo wants this mom to be the killer - even to the point of giving misleading info.

CON DAD = ‘The reason they’re not looking at me is...’ But Jeremy doesn’t speak out, he just says, nothing.

- ‘The good thing about a baby being taken is people want them.’ That gives hope!

- Gil Abyeta (a man who’s little boy was stolen 25 years ago from his bed) went at his own expense to ‘help’. He’s upset his ‘help’ is not being accepted as he’d wanted. He only spoke with the parents for about 30 minutes. He stated the parents are ‘scared rabbits in a cage’ to the point he thinks if it continues one of them (the parents) is going to ‘commit suicide.

But then he also goes on to say they didn’t know him, he didn’t have the right opportunity, he didn’t have the interview he expected, not as much of an opportunity as he wanted. It wasn’t the right time or conditions. But, in all that he could assume they’re about to kill themselves?

- ‘You can’t take anyone off the table as a possible suspect.’

- ‘It still goes back to the police have completely ruled out a intruder came through the window. So the HUGE white elephant in the front room is - who the hell posed that window screen!’ (That’s my point listening to them speaking).

- You know Nancy is just gross. She knows as well as the rest of us when she puts emphasis on ‘they took rolled up tape from that house’ we’re all thinking the duct tape in the C. Anthony case. I HATE THAT!

- Why haven’t we heard more from the brother? I’d like to know that myself.

- They’re reporting Jeremy was home while Deborah went out to buy wine. But we’ve been told Samantha (the drinking buddy neighbor) was there. Maybe there was an overlap? WE need to know that.

- ‘I don’t think they owe the media or the press ANYTHING.’ (This guy is a colleague of Tacopina.)
‘But they offered it up!’
‘That was a mistake’.

CON MOM = ‘If the mother has no empathy towards her child, no basic empathy to the child. If the mother does not have empathy that is a bad sign. With that tape you’re rolling she sounds hostile towards her child not empathetic towards her child.’

PRO (?) MOM = ‘Who is Deborah Bradley’? ‘She’s just like all of us.’ (*BS*)

End of video.

peace
edit on 28-10-2011 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Report: KC Attorney Forced Off Baby Lisa Case

- ABC News is reporting that Kansas City attorney Cyndy Short is no longer representing the parents of missing 11-month-old Lisa Irwin.

ABC News reported on Friday morning that Short was forced off the case overnight. No other details were released.

News of Short's firing came hours after Joe Tacopina, the New York attorney representing Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin, abruptly canceled an interview that was supposed to take place with baby Lisa's siblings. The two boys were scheduled to be interviewed by a child expert on Friday. Deborah Bradley has said the boys were inside the home the night baby Lisa disappeared.

Youch! She shouldn't have poked that bear!

peace

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hey there...
just crawled out from the covers, and saw this headline. CRAP. I will go back and read the last couple of pages before commenting again, but this seems so awkward and unprofessional on the parts of the lawyers, the media, and the family that I can hardly believe it.

Like you said, silo, what about LISA??

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Wouldn't it be BEST for the BOYS to have their sister home and safe? If they knew something, however tiny, that might make that happen, why wouldn't that be the best outcome?
I feel very much that the lawyers either know the baby will never be found alive or else they are
the most gullible lawyers there are.
I just cannot believe 3 full weeks of NOT cooperating when you have a baby missing. Every second and every day counts. Certainly every week !

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by schmae

Of COURSE it would be best for her to come home.
One of the unknowns here is: How much media are the boys allowed to watch? How well are they isolated or protected from the frenzy??

The ONLY reason I could see for that uninformed lawyer to refuse the interviews is if the boys KNOW what happened, or else they have been already impacted by the story while at school, home, or in between. Do we know for sure where they are stayng?

uggghh. What about Lisa???

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I don't know what to say. I'm speechless. I know I pointed out my opinion - Nancy Grace is gross. That whole 40 minutes was gross.

So I went back to watch the video this time, this morning I only listened while typing.

Go to tic 21:22 and up.

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY UNCALLED FOR!!!

I did not touch this pic in Photoshop other than to crop out my computer from the screen shot and there isn't just one horrific picture of Lisa, but TWO on the video.

(add in second pic)

Is Nancy Grace responsible for these shots? She should really be called to the mat for this!

What I wouldn't say if T&C didn't stop me! But honestly Nancy Grace isn't worth swearing over.

peace

PS...on the other hand if this isn't photoshop and it's somehow prophetic it's one of the scariest things I've ever seen in my whole entire life.

edit on 28-10-2011 by silo13 because: edit to add second pic

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Cell call?

Megan wright got a 50 second or so call from one of the cell phones.
She has no idea who was on the phone.
She talked to detectives and told them she's been through the neighborhood but has never seen baby Lisa or knows anything about her.

peace

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Ok I'm going to play devil's advocate for the PARENTS . Haha, I do not believe they are innocent, but MOST of the strangeness of the last several days has come from t he mouth of SHORT who's now been fired. So what if she has made them appear even MORE guilty by her shenanigans than what they looked before. Ok hot shot lawyer is in Italy and she's the small time, probably far less experienced, local girl. What if she bumbled all these interviews and says things like " dont talk to the police because I migth screw something up and don't want to 'pull that trigger' with hot shot lawyer all the way in Italy.'' See? She may have put all this stuff off thinking she's not experienced enough and instead it looks like family is avoiding police when maybe she's the one avoiding. Is this possible?
Does it make parents more or less guilty or innocent, probably not? But it's made things much more confusing and APPEAR much more damning that it might have been otherwise. thoughts?

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join