It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lisa Irwin - Missing - One Year Later

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Ok, well, why was she unable to say who was calling or who answered? 50 seconds on a "wrong number" call??
Very weird.

It seems that every day the situation just gets worse. I wonder what Short did or said for Tacopina to "force" her off the case?

*trying not to gag* I did listen to NG (ew. don't even like to type her name!) until I couldn't stand it anymore.
Yes, that photo is sickening. It's one that has been on several websites and TV, but how did it get so distorted? And what's with that shadow? Talk about subliminal!!

I do think the cell call video was of interest insofar as the reported stated that it just makes the parents look like they're avoiding the tough questions...I think if I were Deborah I would at this point go and ask to be put behind bars. If they don't prosecute her for obstruction and neglect I will be fascinated to know why.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Silo, where's the link to this pic? Are you saying that nancy grace show put this shadowy cast over Lisa's face? so she would appear ghostly ?

Never mind I saw the video. NG does that kind of fade/ shadowy during all her broadcasts, but I agree the visual in this instance is highly disturbing

edit on 28-10-2011 by schmae because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
So we have a "private" meeting on Wednesday between the chief of police and the star editorial board...

But on Wednesday, in a meeting with The Star’s Editorial Board, Forte said the police are “not trying to vilify the family.”

Where the chief of police feels compelled to deny a crime? Vilify, character assassination, is the equivalent of  defamation of character. (Which is false and unprivileged spoken words or written publication, which exposes any living person to hatred, contempt, ridicule, or which causes him/her to be shunned or avoided ) Do you recall that press conference where the police announced that they could NOT comment on the case, but Deborah and Jeremy were not cooperating? If Deborah and Jeremy version of what happen is the truth, then the spin and the timing, and the effect of the police releasing that information at that point in time had what effect on Deborah and Jeremy? I would suggest it exposed them to ridicule, and contempt!

The Chief is quietly, in a non-public way attempting to put out fires, use spin control to protect himself and his organization from future lawsuits. The chief of police has a financial incentive to lie here if we acknowledge the possibility of defamation of character. Look at the wording, he wants to limit the number  of future subpoenas, but he is the chief of police and knows that criminal cases use warrants to compel.  It's far more likely that a subpoena would be used in a civil case like a defamation of character suit against the chief of police and the police department, or a wrongful death in the event that Deborah commits suicide, from the pressure the police and media have put on her.  Should the family ever be in a position to sue, (proven innocent), which one might postulate would be an incentive not to solve this case at this point. 

Read more: voices.kansascity.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by schmae

I took a screen shot off the video of the second (ghastly) photo - with effects.
The first showed Lisa's eyes glowing and rimmed in yellow/red.
The second one is the screen shot I took.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

It seems that every day the situation just gets worse. I wonder what Short did or said for Tacopina to "force" her off the case?

Well, probably because Short's been referring to Lisa in the past tense for the last 4-5 days. That and I think they're both too strong willed to work well together. She will not kowtow to his godliness, etc.

reply to post by schmae

Check the second picture - I just added it into the the thread.

They look like deliberate effects to me, not just video replay.

Just gross.

peace

edit on 28-10-2011 by silo13 because: reply add

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Baby Lisa and the Loss of Urgency!

source

Are you aware that the original Amber Alert was put out as only a two state alert and cancel by 7:00 pm on the forth? That because in the Alert it miss stated that the baby was last seen at 4:00 am on the forth the searchers would have been concentrating their search on the wrong areas? It doesn't matter how urgently you search if you are searching in the wrong places! Nor does it matter if you aren't even searching where the baby is! The police urgently search the woods near Lisa home in those import 48 hours, woods that are so dense that they are required to bring in chainsaws in order to enter the woods. One doesn't need to be a cop to figure out if you need a chiansaw to get into an area in the middle of the day, a person carrying a baby will not be able to do it in the middle of the night.

The cops made assumptions from day one! The cops assumed this baby was dead! That explains the quickness (the rush to cancel the Amber Alert) after just 12 hours! We will never know what the effect of having the alert active for 48 hours would have been! Because the Amber Alerts are sent to the media, one can speculate that for the police to revise the alert to give the correct details more than one news program might have ask embarassing question about how KCPD got the facts WRONG in this case... Was one of the thoughts that the police considered the quicker they cancel this alert the less likely their mistake was to be noticed? Why was the one and only Amber Alert put out on baby Lisa limited to just two states? If baby Lisa was taken shortly after 10:30 pm say around 11:00 pm and the Amber Alert was not issued until 7:00 Am that is 8 hours. How far could a baby fly in 8 hours? Clearly significantly farther than two states, even being driven Lisa could have been far outside the limited two states that the search was active in.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
My take on the decision to fire Short it was a misstake. This means one or both the parents will go to trial. Short was there to protect the parents interest this other lawyer is not there on a day to day level. I believe he wants it to go to trials, I believe Short would have preferred that it not go to trial.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Did a little search for Cyndy Short. Found this:

Once she devoted her practice to death penalty cases, she achieved wonderful results for her clients including dismissals, acquittals, and an exoneration.

and

Areas of Practice:

Criminal Defense
Death Penalty Mitigation
Serious Felonies
Murder Cases
Sexual Abuse Cases
Criminal Trial Consultant

Hmmm. Now my question is, who contacted whom in her being on the case in the first place? Did she call D & J? Did they call her? If so, selecting an attorney who does the above exclusively sure does look sinister all by itself! In fact, I don't know if I would have called an attorney at all. Did they HAVE to 'lawyer-up'?

And how did this Joe guy get involved? I think I'd rather have a local attorney (and my "stand by" is a fanTASTic attorney and a very good friend) who knows the area than some NYC hotshot tv veteran who jets around the globe. KC has it's own culture -- very Midwestern, friendly, not at all like NYC. What does he know about KC?

RESPECTED ANALYST, RECOGNIZED
PROFESSIONAL Tacopina is frequently
called upon to lend his keen legal analysis
to various radio and television outlets,
including Court TV, CNN, NBC, ABC,
Fox News, CNBC, and MSNBC. He can
often be seen during prime time on The
O’Reilly Factor, Hannity and Colmes, and
Larry King Live. He is also a regular on
“Imus in the Morning.”

If he's such a hot-shot Superlawyer, what's he doing representing this rather regular, non-high-profile blended family? Was he just sick of Madison Avenue?
Hmmm, I think not. For a guy who has represented celeb types, why get his fingers dusty here in KC? It seems bizarre to me, unless this case is SO much more complicated than we have been led to believe. How on earth could D & J afford him if they couldn't even afford to get D a divorce?

I know he's not telling the media who retained him....do Deborah and Jeremy know who retained him? And why?

Apparently, some consider that:

“Mr. Tacopina is to the defense bar what Donald Trump is to real estate.”
—New York Times

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Here's a 5+ minute vid (don't know how to embed) from Tacopina's website. Mostly Deborah being interviewed, but towards the end Tacopina HIMSELF is on camera saying "this couple is grieving"...
www.tacopinalaw.com...

So, was it Short who is to blame for the "grieving" faux pas? Or did Deborah use that word because Joe did?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

I believe Short would have preferred that it not go to trial.

Then WHY would she obstruct the media? I understand it was Joe who cancelled the boys' interview and forced her off the case...why would he do that, any idea?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This statement was made by Short:

“I’ve done research and see more potential for harm than good with the interview,” Short said late Thursday. “It won’t happen tomorrow and maybe never.”

Read more: www.kansascity.com...

If we deconstruct this remark it is questionable. She's "done research" ...into WHAT? Into what the kids know? Or into how the interviews are structured?

If the latter, there is NOTHING to fear. Those forensic interviewers are trained to speak to children gently, without leading. KC has a large domestic abuse/violence network of helping professionals (I worked as one, and I know others, and have been to meetings and inservices at several shelters including Sunflower House).

If the former, and she's "done research" into what the police know and we and the family don't (which everyone agrees is the case), then maybe Taco is trying to shed light on what he calls their innocence (the family). I'm not clear on who exactly cancelled/postponed the boys' interviews. Thought it was him, but was it Short?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The phone call to Megan Wright is quite interesting...i've been trying to dig up more info without success. Who is she? Is there any relation, involvement whatsoever with the parents??

Michelle

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Police Chief Darryl Forté on how the police are seen by the local community,

"If you have a homicide and you had 50 witnesses and not one witness wants to cooperate, we have to look at what we're doing," said Forté.

www.kctv5.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michelle129th
The phone call to Megan Wright is quite interesting...i've been trying to dig up more info without success. Who is she? Is there any relation, involvement whatsoever with the parents??

Michelle

I saw a video early today where she claimed not to know Lisa or the family, and not to have talked to anyone. In the video the impression I got was she doesn't even know who answered the call. She also has an ex boyfriend after Lisa went missing... so was she used by the ex boyfriend for access to a phone?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

Yes, she said that she had been on their street, but did not know the family at all. I would think the police would want to question her ex-boyfriend. She was pretty shook up, too. (But that may have been worry about her hairdo being on camera...zowie...
)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dav1d

Originally posted by Michelle129th

Michelle

I saw a video early today where she claimed not to know Lisa or the family, and not to have talked to anyone. In the video the impression I got was she doesn't even know who answered the call. She also has an ex boyfriend after Lisa went missing... so was she used by the ex boyfriend for access to a phone?

Yeah, I noticed on the video she says "I don't know who answered it, or what was said or who was on the other end of the phone"... She doesn't even know who answered the call? So was the phone not in her possession at the time? I'm guessing the police would have asked her the same questions (or hoping). If it did indeed go to her answering machine, why would she not be able to retrieve that message?

Gosh, so many new questions. This just confirms that regardless of how much we think we know about this case, there is so much we don't know. The police have more than likely known about this call from day one and who it was made to...but we're just hearing it now almost a month later.

Michelle

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129th

I'm digging too. There was a quote out there roaming about that nailed the call at 0238 in the morning, but, I can't find anything to back that up.

Nor can I find anything that speaks of 'triangulating' the call to where the original call came from.

On another note there's one thing I do know about cell phones. If you don't have the number already entered into your phone (speed dial or whatever) you can't just accidentally call that number by sitting on your phone, or whatever. You'd have to DIAL the 7 digits (or more) and hit SEND.

Tells me it was an intentional call though maybe a wrong number.

I'd give a case a a cookies to find out what the numbers are to Jeremy's cell phone compared to Megan's number, and on down the line.

peace

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I'm digging too. There was a quote out there roaming about that nailed the call at 0238 in the morning, but, I can't find anything to back that up.

Nor can I find anything that speaks of 'triangulating' the call to where the original call came from.

On another note there's one thing I do know about cell phones. If you don't have the number already entered into your phone (speed dial or whatever) you can't just accidentally call that number by sitting on your phone, or whatever. You'd have to DIAL the 7 digits (or more) and hit SEND.

I'd give a case a a cookies to find out what the numbers are to Jeremy's cell phone compared to Megan's number, and on down the line.

peace

I was thinking along the same lines. If indeed it was a wrong number called...how close is it to any other family members/friends/neighbours etc. And I agree...no butt dialing a wrong number..unless maybe you have a reeeeeally boney bum! Also, if it was a butt/pocket accidental dial why only 50 seconds then? I've had my husband do it to me on a few occasions and it lasts forever because he's not even aware the phone has dialed. If it did go through to an answering machine....who on earth has a machine that only allows 50 second messages?

Michelle

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

peace

I'll assume you don't have an iPhone then? I know I'm good at dialing numbers that I don't intend to that are not in my speed dial or address book

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

Hi Dav1d

I'm sorry I was not able to find your post regarding the cell phone and gas can. Thanks to other posters who pointed it out to me.
After watching the video, it seems to me that in fact it is not a cell phone the reporter is pointing to, it looks to me like a walkie talkie. i believe you also stated that in your post. Also my understanding of the video, it states that LE had already gone over that area in a search. Why they didn't find it or they did find it and felt it was of no value to this investigation. Whatever the case, yes it was still laying there on the ground.

But it's not a cell phone. My understanding is they are looking for "Cell Phones"

Now if your commenting on the fact that LE are not doing the best job they can, well, I think there are some people who would agree with you. I am not nor have I ever been employed or trained in LE. So as far as suggesting that they are not doing a good job. I really cannot say.
I like others get my information from the media and any information that I can find on the internet.

I think we are all frustrated because of all the time that has gone by since Baby Lisa has been missing. I have children and I just can not imagine what a state I would be in if one of my children dissapeared.

You and all the other posters here have done a great job in bringing this story to our ATS family.

Lets all just make sure that the information we report is as accurate as we can be.

Thanks for reading my post.

I hope and pray they find this little child.

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join