It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lisa Irwin - Missing - One Year Later

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

No, I don't have a cell phone or a house phone - I despise them. Only use Skype. But anyway - my theory was based on information supplied by the parents who stated their three cell phones were the 'plain-Jane' type. If Jeremy's work phone was a 'better one' they didn't say but I would doubt electrical repair companies give out IPhones to their employees. Ya never know though!

peace

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Sources tell KCTV5 that Short was forced off the case Thursday. It is unclear Friday whether that came at the direction of Joe Tacopina, a New York attorney.

Tacopina joined the case last week. He could not be reached for comment Friday.

KCTV5's Jeanene Kiesling asked baby Lisa's parents, Debbie Bradley and Jeremy Irwin, about Short no longer representing them when they returned to a relative's home Thursday night.

"This is the first I've heard of it," Bradley replied. "You know as much as I do."

www.kctv5.com...

Hmmm.. This was just posted less than 15 minutes ago. Husband of Short speaking on her behalf, that she didn't work for Tacopina. She worked for D & J.
But notice.......
Deborah was unaware that she was forced off case.
THE CLIENT WAS UNAWARE!!

What in Sam Hill is going on here?? Who is in charge of this cluster!!??

Someone needs to be. And it should NOT be some hotshot lawyer from NYC.

EDIT TO ADD:: Okay, technically Tacopina was hired by a "family connection" who is generous and charitable, but declined to say who. If we are to believe that Deborah is unable to "afford" a divorce, she probably can't "afford" an attorney, either. So, she isn't actually the client.

WHOEVER hired Tacopina and Short is the client. Follow the money, right??
edit on 28-10-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hi, Silo,

I have read a good portion of your thread, but not all of it, so if someone has already offered this possible scenario, just ignore me...lol

I know it's been established that this mother is an attention-seeker. The way things are shaping up, I'm not convinced that this couple would intentionally kill their baby, or that they'd even be able to keep up this facade if there had been an accidental death. The stories are not adding up, though.

Maybe the mom paid someone to keep the child for a while to create this scenario of a kidnapping because she wanted to have her 15-minutes of fame. I mean, frankly, I've been waiting for this baby to "magically" appear alive, which will garner even MORE attention for this woman if it happens.

I've seen people like this in my previous work as a detective as well as when I worked as a defense investigator. It's freaky and unbelievable, but I'm sure we've all just about seen and heard it all these days and nothing should surprise any of us anymore.

Like I said, many intelligent comments in this thread, and perhaps someone has brought this up...If so, just disregard my two cents.....LOL

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Welcome, on behalf of Silo and the rest of us who are still hanging in there...in my opinion a former detective is certainly a benefit to us.

Many scenarios have been presented and discussed. Are you following the case in the news or just here? It's all very mysterious. My hunch/scenario was at one point that Deborah arranged this "transfer" of custody to someone, then intentionally got drunk so she would not be able to "remember" what happened. Grabbing wipes and baby food along with her "memory-eradication substance" ....perhaps to give to the new custodian??

Anyway, if you have the time to read through ... give us your thoughts! IMO, the main participants are schmae, silo13, dav1d, myself (wildtimes), if you care to read through our posts to get up to speed.

EDIT TO ADD OTHER THOUGHTS:
Let's say, for the sake of open-mindedness, that the parents really don't know what happened. WHO, then, is this "generous family connection" that hired Tacopina? Perhaps also someone who has keys to the house? Who was unsatisfied with Deborah's parenting skills and irresponsible drinking, and wanted to throw her under the bus, but at the same time has Lisa AND is paying these attorneys, and perhaps even the P.I.

Anyone?? Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Thank you Gypsy - No one's offered that opinion yet, but honestly, at this point - truly anything is possible. It's absolutely unreal how crazy this case is getting. Just crazy. And the problem is with all the side shows it's tough to remember sometimes why we're all here. I don't mean you I mean in general.

Thanks for chiming in!

peace

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

EDIT TO ADD:: Okay, technically Tacopina was hired by a "family connection" who is generous and charitable, but declined to say who. If we are to believe that Deborah is unable to "afford" a divorce, she probably can't "afford" an attorney, either. So, she isn't actually the client.

WHOEVER hired Tacopina and Short is the client. Follow the money, right??

Silly question but, do the police have a right to know who the 'benefactor' is? Is that client confidentiality or do they know?

Thanks

edit on 28-10-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

Police have been mum about the phones, but a Kansas City woman told "Good Morning America" today that she received a phone call from one of those phones on the night Lisa disappeared.

"I received a phone call, well my phone did, the night that baby Lisa went missing," Megan Wright said. "It was apparently a 50 second phone call. I don't know who answered it or what was said or who was on the other end of the phone."

Wright said investigators tracked her down and have questioned her four times. "I told them that I'd been through the neighborhood with my ex-boyfriend," Wright said. "I didn't know the family, didn't recognize the pictures, had never seen baby Lisa until I saw her picture on the news."
Emphasis mine.

Megan doesn't mention an exact time but she does say the call came from "one of those phones" and was the same night Lisa went missing. If the cell phones weren't working or didn't have service how is this even possible?

I know people dial wrong numbers all the time but it's a bit of a coincidence that Megan had been in the neighborhood with her ex. I wonder if the ex picked up?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Let's say, for the sake of open-mindedness, that the parents really don't know what happened. WHO, then, is this "generous family connection" that hired Tacopina? Perhaps also someone who has keys to the house? Who was unsatisfied with Deborah's parenting skills and irresponsible drinking, and wanted to throw her under the bus, but at the same time has Lisa AND is paying these attorneys, and perhaps even the P.I.

Anyone?? Thoughts?
(yes, this is a duplicate of the edit I made to my previous post)...

I believe it IS client/attorny privileged, yes. And what's more, maybe Deborah and Jeremy don't even know who is buying their "Defense Team." But clearly these are high-profile players in getting those accused of serious crimes acquitted. If they don't know who hired and then fired these attorneys, maybe they don't know who took the baby while Deborah was blacked out...
and that person is just waiting for her to crumble from all the scrutiny to prove that she doesn't deserve to keep her?

Mean and nasty, but I've known families who do horrible things to one another.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
My question regarding the cell phone call, how did she know that the call from the Irwin's phone if she did not know them or anything about them?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by suzan

I had the impression she wasn't the one who answered it, and doesn't know who answered it, and was told by investigators that her number showed up on the "LUDs" (ps, does anyone know what "LUDs" means? My Law & Order lingo is showing...)

seemed she was unaware of any of it, and they told HER what happened.

EDIT -- did my own lookup -- Local Usage Detail.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
reply to post by Dav1d

Hi Dav1d

I'm sorry I was not able to find your post regarding the cell phone and gas can. Thanks to other posters who pointed it out to me.

Hi Crappiekat,

Nothing to be sorry about, I'm just glad you got to see it...

... Also my understanding of the video, it states that LE had already gone over that area in a search. Why they didn't find it or they did find it and felt it was of no value to this investigation. Whatever the case, yes it was still laying there on the ground.

I choose to see it different. I believe it goes to the police professionalism in this case. How the local community sees the police, and how the police see the local community has a great deal to do with this case! At least if we wish to understand actions that seem odd to us.

Look at the new Chief of Police, he has just stated his belief that if they had a homicide in front of 50 witnesses the police couldn't get one to tell them what happen! That is in my opinion a very clear statement that the local community doesn't trust the police, and that does occur without reason. The police have linked a dumpster fire with this case. Now in the woods that the police have linked to this case they find a gas can(s) either way you choose to think, the police found it and left it, or they fail to find it after search this area three or more times it is significant! At the very least the grunt searching should not be deciding what is and is not significant. Show it to someone in charge. I've talked to a couple of officers (I respect), they having come across a gas can in the woods would not have left it there... Based on bother more than a gas can in the woods is a bad idea.

I am not nor have I ever been employed or trained in LE. So as far as suggesting that they are not doing a good job. I really cannot say.
I like others get my information from the media and any information that I can find on the internet

I have (i believe) a lot of direct personal experience with LE on multiple levels, people I can bounce questions off of, I'm not limited to just the media and the Internet

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It would seem strange that you don't know where your cell.....Then be told that the phone received a call from the Irwin's phone. Wonder if ex-boyfriend knew of the Irwin's...who knows..one thing is for sure this case just gets stranger as each day goes by. And still no baby Lisa.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

Dav1d, just wanted to give some more of my unsolicitied KC insight to your post.

There are parts of Kansas City that are very high-crime, deadly areas. The area where this family lives is NOT in one of those dangerous parts. The reason for the police shake-up has more to do with unsolved gang and drug activity and the rampant murder of people on the city's east side.

North Kansas City is pretty quiet. The chief was talking about the past probs with cooperation from the urban core thugs who won't snitch on each other. I have worked alongside the KCPD in years past, and also with young gang-bangers, ex-cons, drug dealers and users, etc.

The problems in Jackson County are very real and very morbid. But this case really is not a typical one, and he was not talking about this case when he made that remark.
To my best knowledge and understanding.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
Hi, Silo,

I have read a good portion of your thread, but not all of it, so if someone has already offered this possible scenario, just ignore me...lol

I know it's been established that this mother is an attention-seeker. The way things are shaping up, I'm not convinced that this couple would intentionally kill their baby, or that they'd even be able to keep up this facade if there had been an accidental death. The stories are not adding up, though.

Maybe the mom paid someone to keep the child for a while to create this scenario of a kidnapping because she wanted to have her 15-minutes of fame. I mean, frankly, I've been waiting for this baby to "magically" appear alive, which will garner even MORE attention for this woman if it happens.

I've seen people like this in my previous work as a detective as well as when I worked as a defense investigator. It's freaky and unbelievable, but I'm sure we've all just about seen and heard it all these days and nothing should surprise any of us anymore.

Like I said, many intelligent comments in this thread, and perhaps someone has brought this up...If so, just disregard my two cents.....LOL

Actually I do not believe that has been established at all! The local police requested that she contact the media, she was reluctant to do it.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

Actually I do not believe that has been established at all!

It was established via her former Ft Bragg friends, that she was prone to doing things that made her not cool to be around. Way back when they interviewed them. It's just hearsay, but it was established...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Whatever may be the truth about this mysterious phone call, if true it answers one question,,,,,,, the phones were NOT on a restricted call because of non payment !

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

Megan doesn't mention an exact time but she does say the call came from "one of those phones" and was the same night Lisa went missing. If the cell phones weren't working or didn't have service how is this even possible?

Psssst... More lies...
Considering the police confirmed this information, yes, it's more lies.

I know people dial wrong numbers all the time but it's a bit of a coincidence that Megan had been in the neighborhood with her ex. I wonder if the ex picked up?

HUGE coincidence. Huge...

HUGE...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

There are parts of Kansas City that are very high-crime, deadly areas. The area where this family lives is NOT in one of those dangerous parts. The reason for the police shake-up has more to do with unsolved gang and drug activity and the rampant murder of people on the city's east side.

If you hear me screaming it's cause I'm kicking myself. I've started bookmarking all the info now but way back? Honestly I didn't think this thread would go on three weeks. Anyway, I had a transcript of a police officer who worked that area confirming your info. He said KC has 'been like that' as long as he knew. There was a part of town that was downright dangerous and the other part? As sleepy as any small town America you could find. I'll find it and post it. I hope!

peace

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Nancy Grace 10/28/11:

Prime News 10/28/11:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Mean and nasty, but I've known families who do horrible things to one another.

I'll not discount it. I think it deserves to be right up there on the chalk board. Someone who wanted that little 'blue eyed girl' and didn't want her to be raised with 'trash' (not my words but supposition). They steal her then pay the bills. Problem is there's only one hole. How does anyone related to Deborah then go about raising Lisa? Or do the sell her? Give her to someone who's dying to have a baby. They better have wads a dough to cover up the tracks and make that false birth certificate, etc...

I'm not saying your idea doesn't have merit, I'm only asking.

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join