It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just slammed the Sun?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Does anybody here has a diagram showing the position of STEREOs A and B plus LASCO C2 and C3?? Tnks!!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

I dont recall ever saying i was an astronomer, just something i saw watching bits and pieces of "the universe" in discovery or whatever. Sheesh.
edit on 3-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by jhn7537
What I dont understand is how anything could ever hit, or make contact, with the sun. With the sun being as hot as it is, wouldnt ANY object be totally decimated from the extreme heat before ever coming in contact with the sun?

Not if it was a planet the size of jupiter. A planet with sufficient mass could bust through the corona easily.

....Absolutely, but a body made of whatever it is Jupiter consists of would break apart at the speed that whatever was travelling at !

I can understand a huge planet, but a comet/asteroid would not stand a chance, right? Question...Are we suggesting that it was a planet that hit the sun in that clip? If so, that is just bizzare.....Clips like this amaze me and confuse me at the same time...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
No.. the comet would not be destroyed prior to hitting the sun. As you saw from the video. It's moving at an amazing speed, and while perhaps it experienced some degradation prior to impact with the sun, it would still easily make it into the sun proper.

The ejection had nothing to do with the comet at all. Not event the right angle for it.

It's just a comet, hitting the sun, as comets do. I'm just thankful we have the Hoover of the solar system (in Jupiter) and the sun itself, to pull these bodies in, so they can avoid pelting the Earth.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by freespirit1

lmao@ those really really smart people that just knew this was a hoax...hahahaha~

If they didn't post the vid, or start the thread...it can't be true...lol

ahhhh*sigh* that was good

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I apologize for not reading all of the 15 pages, but I went to download the gif and it's a different one there now. Does anyone know where to find a mirror to download the 15mb gif?

Do those gifs get replaced with the next current one? Or is there a specific reason they took that one down?

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by thruthseek3r

It's still available here:
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Nevermind, Thanks

Actually, thats a 224k file, is there a 15mb one available still?
edit on 3-10-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

Why is the guy in your vid pretending to sound like a robot? haha friggn aussies!!?? Weird.....

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
its a comet,i dont see what the big deal is,this happens often...btw SLAP YOURSELF for using the word sheeple.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by eywadevotee
Man if that comet hit Earth it'd be all over not even time left for crying. It was definitely a comet of some sort and the resulting explosion blew a significant CME from the Sun. That means it was both VERY large, Very fragile and moving EXTREMELY fast. I think judging by all this crap on the stereo and soho we are going through a mighty dangerous patch of space soon...

We are in a binary star system
All these incoming comet are the pre-curcer to what to come
Better learn how to duct

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I wanted to take you seriously, but then I realized you were using IE9.

On another note, why is everything a conspiracy with you people? I realize this is a conspiracy site, but that doesn't mean you should invent things just for the sake of conversation.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
NASA did pull the SOHO feed shortly after finding out about the comet.

Not sure why they pulled the feed, but if this was an attempt to cover up information they failed pretty bad.

It makes me wonder how NASA is supposedly hiding a dwarf star if they can't even hide a comet.

edit on 4-10-2011 by centrifugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by PrimePorkchop

Would the computer and network you are using to share your opinion exist if someone had not invented something for the sake of conversation? How would we accomplish anything without a group of people agreeing to take a chance on a new idea or unproven concept for the sake of understanding,advancement etc... There are a number of things that we can observe in space but have yet to explain. Even our explanations are based on our limited perceptions and knowledge. I know the mantra here is deny ignorance but to deny possibilities is ignorant in itself. There has to be a middle ground between the theorists and debunkers somewhere. In any case with this particular event I don't see the harm in us observing our environment and speculating on what has occurred and what it could mean. In fact, I think it should be encouraged.

And I'll throw my invention in too. I think its information from the universe meant for humans to absorb through the sun. Or a comet, or a planet, maybe a spaceship? I did see one person speculate that it was an alien weapon to protect the earth on behalf of TPTB. That's possible too.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
No.. the comet would not be destroyed prior to hitting the sun. As you saw from the video. It's moving at an amazing speed, and while perhaps it experienced some degradation prior to impact with the sun, it would still easily make it into the sun proper.

The ejection had nothing to do with the comet at all. Not event the right angle for it.

It's just a comet, hitting the sun, as comets do. I'm just thankful we have the Hoover of the solar system (in Jupiter) and the sun itself, to pull these bodies in, so they can avoid pelting the Earth.

So glad you mentioned this "amazing speed" this comet was traveling at...but see, NUMBERS don't lie. The top speed of Halley Comet is ONLY 40 miles per second...when it's closest to earth...and, when it's as far away as Pluto....it's ONLY traveling about as fast as an airplane.

Therefore, if we let mathematics do the work....you'll see, that there is NO WAY POSSIBLE for that thing to be a comet; and here's why:

40 (miles per second) x 60 (seconds) = 2.400 miles/min.
2,400 (miles/min) x 60 = 144,0000 miles/hr
144,000 (miles/hr) x 24 = 3,456,000 (miles/day)
3,456,000 (miles/day) x 2 (days of travel) = 6,912,000 (miles in 2 days)
Distance from earth to Sun = 93 MILLION MILES
93,000,000 - 6,912,000 = 86,088,000 (miles away)

Am i missing something here? That's still a loooooooooooong ways away. No? Sure, i'm missing the distance from the camera to the flying object....but unless it's 86 million miles away....i seriously DOUBT, it was a comet.

Also, i still can't see HOW the explosion comes from the OPPOSITE direction? I'll play the fool on this one...but it just doesn't add up...and doesn't make sense. If it were to hit the sun...wouldn't the impact be around 4:00, at the angle it's traveling at....if the sun is facing us?

I know i may be wrong...but hey....i'm just trying to play along.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Looks like we're going to have an electicity blackout in 24 hours, get your survival kit ready

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
That poor comet never had a chance. The sun produces an incredible ammount of energy. That was like throwing a pebble in the ocean.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
On another note, could any upcoming CME activity have an impact on the already weak ozone layer above the arctic?

Story

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Hey man, the sun is a living organism. It just ate, and pooped. That's all.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

....did you see the BIG PLANET in the left upper side of the sun ???!?!?!?!!?...look carefully in the first and third picture ,you can see it is a round shadow, especially in the blue picture you can see the contour of the planet....ooaauu!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbread
Looks like we're going to have an electicity blackout in 24 hours, get your survival kit ready

What makes you say we will have a power outage in the next 24 hours?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
This video is further confirmation of the EU theory of comets.

Because comets are charged bodies, when they get close to the Sun they will disrupt the electrical stability of the Sun's double layers causing a coronal mass ejection.

This imagery is highly embarrassing for the standard theorists.

They have no possible explanations for the imagery. They will ignore it and pretend it does not exist. Just like they have for every other video of a comet impacting the Sun and creating a CME. This is at least the third such event that I can recall seeing. There are probably more that we are unaware of because the scrubbed the imagery as well.

edit on 4-10-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join