It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just slammed the Sun?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Holy $^i+
I wonder if that did break on through to the other side (The Doors)
That is friggin enormous!!

WOW those warp cores really do go up with a bang

We can't see the angle it's hitting from properly but I would speculate that flare would be from entry rather than exit. unless it was a glancing blow through the corona I don't think a comet would survive the intense heat to make it through to the other side

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Interesting, Hoax or not that still is pretty spectacular,
Might be Elenin, If so, it's no longer a comet. Or Nibiru If it was ever real. either way what ever it was hoax or not, it's not going to be bothering us now.

we need Phage on this one

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Have to agree with everything except inviting the the kind astronomers. Either they're all 1-Dead already or 2-Don't want to die.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

They will ignore it and pretend it does not exist.

Will you ignore all the other times that a comet has hit the sun and there was no flare?

Will you pretend such a thing does not exist?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

NOTHING SLAMMED THE SUN..PERIOD

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Lurkers

Oh I finally see! thanks for convincing me

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by centrifugal
NASA did pull the SOHO feed shortly after finding out about the comet.

Not sure why they pulled the feed, but if this was an attempt to cover up information they failed pretty bad.

It makes me wonder how NASA is supposedly hiding a dwarf star if they can't even hide a comet.

edit on 4-10-2011 by centrifugal because: (no reason given)

No they didn't 'pull the feed', they just updated the site to show the current state of the sun, as they always do. This was dealt with several pages ago. The time lapse of the comet hitting the sun is still there to be seen.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
its a comet,i dont see what the big deal is,this happens often...btw SLAP YOURSELF for using the word sheeple.

Amen to that brother, I detest that word too. Insulting and self-serving all at once.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

I think we will NEVER determine what that was, 'cause the ONLY data available comes from NASA and US military. I mean, who else has access to data from sun-observing space crafts??? So doesn't matter if that was an alien plasma weapon, a DARPA missile or a rogue planet. The official explanation is "That was a comet". Everything different than that, will be promptly refuted and ridiculed by the online shills.

To use the vernacular, can you prove it wasn't a comet? 'Scepticism' means being able to question, it doesn't mean rigid unquestioning faith in an alternative explanation. And lose one point for the word 'sheeple' in your username.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

I think we will NEVER determine what that was, 'cause the ONLY data available comes from NASA and US military. I mean, who else has access to data from sun-observing space crafts??? So doesn't matter if that was an alien plasma weapon, a DARPA missile or a rogue planet. The official explanation is "That was a comet". Everything different than that, will be promptly refuted and ridiculed by the online shills.

To use the vernacular, can you prove it wasn't a comet? 'Scepticism' means being able to question, it doesn't mean rigid unquestioning faith in an alternative explanation. And lose one point for the word 'sheeple' in your username.

First off I didn't say it was not a comet. I considered the possibility of that not being one and in case it indeed was not a comet, we would NEVER know that through NASA or US military database. Is that hard to understand what I was implying???

Second, there's NO "sheeple" word in my user name.

Much lack of attention??

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Just throwing this out there...
Is it possible we are really just looking at this and interpreting it in a 2D mindset instead of realizing space is bigger than that? Why does it have to have hit on one side of the sun and make a flare on the opposite side? If you follow the trajectory across the sun, and stop at the exact moment of the flare.... the comet...or whatever it is.... would hit exactly where the flare seems to explode from. So.. maybe it's coming at the sun from an angle, not straight at it like the image suggests...
Since we can't see where the object actually hits because of the circle blocking out the sun, it means we can't really make the assumption it hit directly in a flat plane like we are looking at it.
That makes more sense to me than something sooo massive it caused an explosion on the opposite side of the sun.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Wow. Thats a serious impact :O . IMO the "object" looks absolutely massive, but like some others said, it may have just been the brightness making it look bigger, but anyhow, its still huge.

Theres some still pics that someone posted near the beginning of the thread, and pic clearly looks like the winged comet or whatever you want to call it. Read about it before somewhere, probly here lol

Scary and interesting thread :/

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

CME of this nature are only anything to worry about at ground level , if the resultant output is classed in the X category. The flare in your video is an M3.9 or something. Some what of a small fry in terms of these things unless I miss my mark.

The comet or other orbiting space crap that hit the sun, is in no way an unusual incident.The Sun is an extremely heavy object, displacing an awful lot of space time, creating the largest gravity well in our solar system. Lots of junk gets swallowed by its burning presence. Its somewhat cool to see it happen, but really and honestly, its nothing new or bizzare.

Another thing to note, is that the shots you have, that appear to show a large object, may be showing something which is smaller than those shots would suggest. This is because the cameras which are taking the shots , are very good at showing reflected light. Occasionaly for instance you may see Venus in a shot like this, and it always looks bigger than God, even though the large majority of the return you see in the shots is just reflected light,rather than a true account of its size.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I'm going to have to say hoax for this one. It's too muffed up to be true.
I cannot give you any proof other than it just looks too bat s*** crazy to be real.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

Also, what's up with the black space on the lower right extending when the object gets closer?
Portal? Or did the object just go behind the sun and explode?

This is too weird to be true.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

There is more than one perspective available.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by mnemeth1

They will ignore it and pretend it does not exist.

Will you ignore all the other times that a comet has hit the sun and there was no flare?

Will you pretend such a thing does not exist?
What I want to know is why it's so hard for people to believe a large flare like this was caused by a massive object hitting the Sun? It seems fairly obvious to me such a strong impact could provoke a flare, regardless of which physics theory we are using to explain it.

Also, it definitely looks to me like the flare comes from the opposite side of the impact. But even that isn't impossible to explain imo. It's possible some type of shock wave swept through the surface of the Sun and converged on the other side, creating a point of compaction, thus provoking a flare.

But then again, I don't know much about astronomy and this is all just completely theoretical ideas from the top of my head.
edit on 4-10-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

The comet was very small. It looks large because the coronograph imagers are very sensitive, making bright objects look large. Here is an example of a more "normal" sized comet I posted earlier.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hi! In that case, shouldn't the sun be larger too?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I just can't stop thinking theres something not write with that comet, its way to big & long, why does it look so odd?

just imagine what that would have done to the earth had it of hit, WOW really makes you think when you understand just how huge the sun is, really makes you think, after an explosion that size, everything on earth would just be ash, vapourised in seconds

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Things have been hitting the sun since it was born.

So this event affects us how? (other than the ramblings of the paranoid)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join