It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just slammed the Sun?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
reply to post by Human_Alien

I believe what I can see, hear, and smell. Going by what you can hear is risky. Did you know, that some people will tell the most outlandish lies for the entertainment value of watching a gossip spread them around?

btw, I'm the queen of England. :p
edit on 3-10-2011 by Thestargateisreal because: (no reason given)

Well I said that to make a more poetic statement.

Of course I don't believe everything I hear. I meant, I am more APT to believe more things that aren't in books!

(bowing down at your feet)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

(bowing down at your feet)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisrealbtw, I'm the queen of England. :p

you can't be the queen of england, if you were i would definitely be a fan of the royals haha

Ok i know it's off topic, sue me

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by djz3ro

** Phage (go easy on me dude, this is the first time i've picked up on anything you said, i've lurked here long enough before joining to know you are a very knowledgable person on these matters) said something about how the CME was directed away from Earth, first of all, can someone explain how we know this to be a fact (i know nothing about how to tell which way is which when it comes to Stereos A&B) and also, if the CME is indeed going the opposite way, does this mean that the object was from this passed us to get to the Sun?
edit on 10/3/11 by djz3ro because: of spelling and to add >>> (* my first ATS prediction and i got it right, 1 for 1 from zero haha)

He is the only one saying that to my knowledge.

Most everyone else is claiming it's earthbound.

I guess there's less doom Phages way!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The effect of the impact is also very visible on the nasa.gov site.

Link

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

What are you talking about?

Stereo A is what captured that impact, correct?

So if the satellite is facing the Sun, and the impact zone was to the left of the Sun, and Earth is to the left of the Sun (according to Stereo A) why am I seeing this to be 'earth-bound' then?

Actually, I take that back. The 'comet' came in more to the right and the explosion happened more on the left. It's so hard to assign lefts and rights to a round object so try to work with me here Phage.
edit on 3-10-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SerialVelocity
I just downloaded the GIF and it seems they may have edited that one too...can anyone confirm? I just watched it several times and saw nothing

I confirm.
(second line)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretwisdom

Link

Thanks! I never understood how to read those charts.
To me they're very synonymous with Timothy Leary!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretwisdom

Link

We're gonna get some of that emp blast off of the side of the explosion.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

There's no indication that it was spotted until it showed up in the coronograph images.

I have no way of estimating its size but if it had been large an amateur astronomer probably would have found it.

BTW, here's what a "normal" sized comet looks like in the C2 imager.

Comet Machholz. It'll be around again next year. Maybe it will be visible to the naked eye this time.

edit on 10/3/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy
if the cme was related to the impact of the object wouldn't the energy released by the cme be equal to the mass of the object?

Wait.
Hold that thought.
Let me locate my calculator. I'll be right back!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Does NASA really edit out their videos like this YT-er is suggesting? Wouldn't they realize people grab them 24 hours a day then upload them? So what's the point of editing them out (if they do)? They'd just calling more attention to themselves.

Can you or they prove that the videos they have grabbed before NASA allegedly edits them, are original and haven't been tampered with?
No?
Well NASA has nothing to worry about if they are editing videos.

If they were editing videos to hide things, then don't you think that they wouldn't be made available to the public pre-edit?
If there was something to hide, you and I wouldn't be able to get a hold of the original footage so easily.
The only footage that would be publicly available would be the footage that is edited to hide things.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
yeah i saw this last night b4 bed on spaceweather.com same video and everything. strange that would cause an explosion on the otherside of the sun or is it? alot of solar activity going on right now ya know. actually tptb are testing out there new time travel devices. i dont think that 1 worked

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

There was a much more mild CME which occurred before the large one. It occurred long before the comet got close to the Sun. It was associated with an M3.9 flare from region 1305. It was a low speed CME which was Earth directed. We will probably see some effects on the 5th.

The more powerful CME which occurred slightly before the "impact" occurred on the far side of the Sun from Earth and will have no effect.

edit on 10/3/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Okay,
I have to confess to not having time to look up a trajectory for this 'comet' so maybe 'Sun grazing' is most likely the best and simplest reason, and without that exact knowledge, it could be assumed as I have done that this thing, and looking at the mono image, does look like the comet goes straight into the Sun and perturbed the 'other side', rather than just grazing the Sun in our view and causing fireworks across the panorama.

To disregard that idea though, means that this thing in all its components, was really very big and did disrupt the Sun in a big way, albeit temporarily, and that does not make much sense either??

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It's available to view on all the Secchi Ahead and Behind images on the COR2 camera, and Stereo site.

It's impressive, but I don't find anything strange about it.
edit on 3-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
Who says nothing ever happens, this was great and no one got hurt, so far.
This was really astronomical, what ever that means.
Looks like that was at least the size of Pluto, had to glance off Sun, I don't see how it would of went thru it.

For all we know it might have BEEN Pluto!!!

We have no idea what's going on out there. We rely on NASA and we know, without any doubt, that NASA keeps information from us. Period. I will not debate this issue with anyone right now.

But although I doubt very much that was Pluto, I am equally certain, we don't know what the hell that was and probably will never know (unless we find we're missing a planet or a moon somewhere)
i know right.i am so tired of knowing abolutely nothing while hearing so much.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Think the 'impact' you see is just a solar flare that happened to erupt as the comet neared the sun.

For one, the impact you see happens on the opposite end of the sun.
Two, the sun doesn't have a definite surface, it's plasma, the comet would have been vaporized as it neared the 'surface' of the sun, having no way of creating a definite impact.

I don't know, i'm just speculating, but that's all we can do.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

He is the only one saying that to my knowledge.

Most everyone else is claiming it's earthbound.

I guess there's less doom Phages way!

i followed his link and, if you look at where the Stereo B is,, it would appear the CME is going the opposite way from us, i assume Stereo was in the same place this time last night?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EleNoN
(how'd I do?)

>>
To tell you the truth I don't know why such people hover on a conspiracy website at all, other than to feed their egos.

>>

Wait..you are saying people "like Phage" are feeding their egos...but nut-cases who spread lies about the world coming to an end and spread and write lies IN ALL CAPS almost on a daily basis here are NOT feeding their egos?

85% of the postings here (IMO) are made for exactly that reason: To troll around by spreading lies and fear and feeding the egos of some basement-dwelling conspiracy nut who gets his only kick from writing on a forum like this to gullible people. THIS is feeding egos as good as it gets.
edit on 3-10-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join