It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just slammed the Sun?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
Are you trying to feed Phage?

I feel his presence. Hide, you fools!

Phage, Chadwick and Weed seem to have either telepathy or a buzzer system hooked up to certain key words. Because trust me, I don't feed them. They come scavenging!
(Right Phage, buddy o'mine?)

But in fairness, they present the balance (although I tend to think they're a little off-balance at times but....) without them, we'd all be in agreement where maybe, just maybe....we might be wrong. So at times (except for chemtrails) it's good to get an opposing point of view.

So they are a bitter-sweet presence here on ATS.

(how'd I do?)

To tell you the truth I don't know why such people hover on a conspiracy website at all, other than to feed their egos.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
Questions:
1.) How far is the sun away from us?
2.) How fast does a comet travel?
3.) How long did the comet or whatever that was take to impact the sun?

Answers:
1.) Approximately 93 MILLION miles from earth
2.) 40 miles per second (at it's closest point to the sun) A missle travels 14,000 mph.
3.) 13 seconds

Hypothesis:
BS. It was probably a missle that hit an object, in space...giving the illusion, as if it hit the sun. Correct me if i'm wrong....but the angle the U.F.O. (Unidentified Flying Object) was traveling, and the way the explosion occured, just doesn't make sense. The explosion should have come from the same direction the U.F.O. was traveling....not the opposite side.

Whoa.....slow up.
Where ya going with this?

Please break this down so I can understand.

I understand the math part to a certain degree. It doesn't add up. But I don't understand how you leaped to it being shot down (something I think we're TOTALLY capable of doing, by the way).

I love alternative beliefs!

Go on.........................

Well....it just seems to me....that the sun is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far, for ANY object to hit it within 20 seconds, of it being spotted. In order to reach the sun, in that amount of time...it would have had to be traveling at almost 5 million miles PER SECOND. HAHAHAHAHAH That's pretty darn fast.

It also seems to me....like there's an awful lot of talk about 'space' these days. As if it's soooooo busy...that at any moment....something could strike us...without warning. To me, something just doesn't seem right.

And, i also noticed people talking about it making such an impact...that it went right THROUGH the object. That sounds a whole lot like what happened, with the 1st plane...on 911. The way it went THROUGH the building, THEN exploded. Which is NON-SENSE. That plane would have exploded on impact. Not halfway through a concrete/steel framed structure; when a plane is made out of ALUMINUM!

The ONLY way, it could have gone through an object is if the object had a hole or was hallow. There is NO WAY it would have gone through a SOLID object. Even the craters....on the moon, don't go that far down....and i'm sure an asteroid, or comet would be traveling PRETTY fast, to make one of those craters, no?

Then again, maybe it's just my psy-ops thinking. I don't know? After 9-11, I trust NOTHING, the people in this world...pass off as "facts". "FACTS" can be paid for!

And, for the guy that made the comment, below this one...no....i'm not an astrophysicist. I'm just an above normal guy, giving his two cents worth. Is there something wrong with CREATIVE THINKING?

Question for you is this: do you believe everyone who claims their an "expert", just because they have a "degree" from the institutions of America?

Here's an idea....maybe there was something, on the same side of the explosion....that made the incoming object...explode. If you notice...just before the explosion....the Sun acts up! What was that all about?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

A comet is a dirty snowball, not an ice cube. Melt the ice, and you have a dirt ball.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EleNoN

Well, new kid, maybe that's your problem. You seem to think that ATS is a "conspiracy site". Some sort of exclusive playground for nutty ideas.

The simple yet effective motto of our membership is "deny ignorance", which signifies an effort to apply the principals of critical thought and peer review to the provocative topics covered within. More than a slogan, our members have embraced the motto as our collective cultural standard, demanding all to aspire to a higher standard. These simple two words have galvanized a broad membership that spans the spectrum from highly speculative conspiracy writers to staunch doubters. The result is a unique collaboration of diverse individuals rallying under this simple statement to learn from each other, discover new truths, and imagine new ideas that expand our minds.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10/3/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well... its certainly quacking.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Thank-you SO MUCH for taking the time to reply, 1AB. I saw the counter on the video and thought it was depicting "seconds" of time. Had no idea it was depicting number of DAYS. Makes more sense to me now! Thanks again!
-CWM (Chicago)

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

Originally posted by carewemust
This post will show how little I know about Astronomy. Here's my question:

In the video, we're viewing the entire Sun, which is HUGE, and probably many thousands of miles of empty space around the Sun. How can an object travel from the edge of the video into the Sun in less than 3 seconds? Can a large object travel at thousands of miles Per Second?!?!
-cwm

That object didn't take "less than 3 seconds" to travel from the edge of the video into the sun. It took 2 days.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
reply to post by xxnibiruxx

The earth's magnetic field, however is becoming more and more depleted by all the chemicals and fossil fuels being burned, leaving the earth and its inhabitants more exposed to these solar flares and CMEs

An interesting theory, do you have a link for it? I have heard numerous theories on the magnetic field and would be interested to read that scientific link.Including a pole shift as the source of the depletion of the magnetic field.

If you do a search, as i did earlier today, for the South Atlantic Anomaly, that does go into explaining the depltetion of our magnetic field and explains how the inner atmospheric Van Alan (sp?) Belt is getting closer to the earth's surface.

Right, we're on page 12 (as i type this, maybe 13 by the time i hit reply, there's a prediction for you!*) and so far there has been no explanation as to why both the original NASA and Military gifs of this have had a few hours of footage edited out of it, no proof one way or another as to which direction the CME is headed** and no real proof of whatr size this UFO was (it's still unidentified peeps, we have no proof it was a comet other than the fact that it kinda resembles one) or even how anything could cause such a massive blow out on the opposite side of Sol.In fact, i think the only thing we have managed to do is debunk the theory that this was a missile from earth (too big and wouldn't even make it to the surface of our sun before it went *poof*

** Phage (go easy on me dude, this is the first time i've picked up on anything you said, i've lurked here long enough before joining to know you are a very knowledgable person on these matters) said something about how the CME was directed away from Earth, first of all, can someone explain how we know this to be a fact (i know nothing about how to tell which way is which when it comes to Stereos A&B) and also, if the CME is indeed going the opposite way, does this mean that the object was from this passed us to get to the Sun?
edit on 10/3/11 by djz3ro because: of spelling and to add >>> (* my first ATS prediction and i got it right, 1 for 1 from zero haha)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

The fast speed is due the frame rate of the video. I guess most of these SOHO videos have 29, 30 frames p/s.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
Well....it just seems to me....that the sun is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far, for ANY object to hit it within 20 seconds, of it being spotted. In order to reach the sun, in that amount of time...it would have had to be traveling at almost 5 million miles PER SECOND. HAHAHAHAHAH That's pretty darn fast.

Well, as has been pointed out several times in this very thread, the clock in the bottom left of the gif is counting hours and minutes, not seconds and milliseconds, hope this helps

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikemck1976

Originally posted by mikemck1976
I found this after I saw this thread...
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

A bright comet headed right towards the Sun and disintegrated (Oct. 2, 2011). It was a sungrazing comet of the type known as a Kreutz sungrazer and a particularly bright one at that. There is not a definitive orbit calculated for it yet, but most sungrazing comets have orbits that take them very close to the Sun without actually quite hitting it. However, getting so close almost always destroys these comets, so we see them going in, but not going back out.The question of whether a sungrazing comet can somehow trigger a coronal mass ejection is an intriguing one. So far, the feeling is that apparent relationship between some comets and some mass ejections is simply one of co-incidence. At this stage of the solar cycle, the Sun is producing many mass ejections--in fact there were several earlier in the day--and it probably just happened by chance that one of them was around the same time as the approach of the comet. Some researchers have been looking for a more direct relationship, but nothing as yet has come out of these efforts.

There you have it folks, straight from NASA and SOHO website.
No conspiracy here.

You always believe in everything NASA says???
Not always. But I can’t discredit everything they say ether.

But if I know, and YOU know that they lie their a**** off because they are an agency submitted to corporate-military interest and by this reason they NEVER would tell anything, to let people thinking about the possibility of that thing have been a secret weapon, an alien device or a rogue planet, IMO is quite awkward keep saying that it was a comet and that CME had nothing to do with it. That's something that only the shills of NASA and US government, would say.

Trust me….I know what NASA is all about. I’m with you all the way on that… I just go with what my own eyes saw. What I saw was a rouge object (of some type); get pulled in by the immense gravitational pull of the sun. That’s all I saw.
I can’t speculate on what that object was, because I don’t know. It could have really been anything.
Even the biggest lie contains a small element of the truth.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

Start here. It shows the current relative locations of the STEREO spacecraft and Earth.
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

STEREO A(head) is looking the "right" hemisphere of the Sun which is not visible from Earth. From the images I posted earlier it is clear to see that the large CME was not Earth directed.

The comet passed between the Earth and the Sun (much closer to the Sun) and was moving "up" through the plane of the solar system. So it didn't really go "past" Earth, it went by "under" Earth.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by EleNoN

Well, new kid, maybe that's your problem. You seem to think that ATS is a "conspiracy site". Some sort of exclusive playground for nutty ideas.

The simple yet effective motto of our membership is "deny ignorance", which signifies an effort to apply the principals of critical thought and peer review to the provocative topics covered within. More than a slogan, our members have embraced the motto as our collective cultural standard, demanding all to aspire to a higher standard. These simple two words have galvanized a broad membership that spans the spectrum from highly speculative conspiracy writers to staunch doubters. The result is a unique collaboration of diverse individuals rallying under this simple statement to learn from each other, discover new truths, and imagine new ideas that expand our minds.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Firstly i'm not new or a kid, this is a new account as I recently changed my ISP and forgot to save my login details.
You do like to copy and paste don't you phage. I wonder if you have any of your own opinions.
What I said still stands, now carry correcting people and feeding that ego.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

This is logical, but do you know how hot the sun is? It makes the burn up on entry to our planet look like child's play. The comet entering the sun could possibly have added to building energy by a son spot which caused it to erupt a bit sooner than it would have otherwise. I don't know. Either way, it hit the sun and not us. That's a plus! I think.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Until your thread came along, it was a comet.

But now it seems you've managed to muddy the waters with BS and rhetoric.

Nice work.

Is ok. It's still just a comet.
www.spaceweather.com...

SUNDIVING COMET: A comet is diving into the sun today. Discovered on Sept. 29th by a group of four independent comet hunters (M. Kusiak, S. Liwo, B. Zhou and Z. Xu), the icy visitor from the outer solar system is evaporating furiously as it approaches the hot star. SOHO (the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory) is monitoring the death plunge:

The doomed comet appears to be a member of the Kreutz family. Kreutz sungrazers are fragments from the breakup of a single giant comet many centuries ago. They get their name from 19th century German astronomer Heinrich Kreutz, who studied them in detail. Several Kreutz fragments pass by the sun and disintegrate every day. Most, measuring less than a few meters across, are too small to see, but occasionally a big fragment like this one attracts attention.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Originally posted by KaginD

I thought cmes don't create earthquakes though. That was what has been said on so many of the solar flare threads anyway.

Spot on. Plate tectonics do that all by themselves.

You know...I was really giving you props until this post.
Plate tectonic move all by themselves.

Really? Nothing influences them at all?

They just spontaneously start moving whenever they feel like it...is that what you're saying?

So therefore, cause and effect simply does not apply to this function?

I may not be the brightest when it comes to science but I am certain no one knows what causes earthquakes.
Be it the Moon, the Sun, other planets. Heat expansion. Cold constriction. HAARP. Off shore drilling etc etc etc.

So please. You were doing SO well. Don't blow it now

edit on 3-10-2011 by Human_Alien because: typos

No he said that plate tectonics cause earthquakes all by then selves, which is true they don't need extraterrestrial influences to do so.
edit on 3-10-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

reply to post by mugger

The chances are high that a comet will strike the Sun. A lot of gravity there.
It happens fairly often.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

The chances are low that a comet will strike the Earth. Hasn't happened for quite a while, since the Tunguska event...possibly.

Huh???????????????

And THIS is why we're so very different. I am starting to see the bigger picture.

You believe what you read whereas I believe what I hear!
For me, I say screw most of the books. Half the things we read are proven lies anyway (including but not limited to heroes and holidays!)!

The Tunguska explosion has all the earmarks of Tesla experimenting with his death-ray or wireless torpedo weaponry off of Long Island that day! It was a perfect arc from point A (NY) to point B (Siberia).

So although this really doesn't come as a huge revelation I think it fair that just because you're more 'by the book' and I'm more 'out of the box' doesn't make everything you say, right!

Thank you and goodnight

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I believe what I can see, hear, and smell. Going by what you can hear is risky. Did you know, that some people will tell the most outlandish lies for the entertainment value of watching a gossip spread them around?

btw, I'm the queen of England. :p
edit on 3-10-2011 by Thestargateisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
if the cme was related to the impact of the object wouldn't the energy released by the cme be equal to the mass of the object?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

reply to post by djz3ro

Start here. It shows the current relative locations of the STEREO spacecraft and Earth.
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

STEREO A(head) is looking the "right" hemisphere of the Sun which is not visible from Earth. From the images I posted earlier it is clear to see that the large CME was not Earth directed.

The comet passed between the Earth and the Sun (much closer to the Sun) and was moving "up" through the plane of the solar system. So it didn't really go "past" Earth, it went by "under" Earth.

Thank you Phage, this will be handy in the future.

In your estimations, how big would this thing really have been? I assume it was spotted as it passed under us?
edit on 10/3/11 by djz3ro because: to fix another spelling mistake (it is nearly 0220 here in Scotland *yawn* and i still have to walk the dog/stargaze)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by crohny

This is logical, but do you know how hot the sun is? It makes the burn up on entry to our planet look like child's play. The comet entering the sun could possibly have added to building energy by a son spot which caused it to erupt a bit sooner than it would have otherwise. I don't know. Either way, it hit the sun and not us. That's a plus! I think.

Why yes I do. It's something like 25 million degrees Celsius. (I was saving that for when it pops up in a Jeopardy and I can woo my friends!)

And your optimum words (which I really do appreciate) are: could and possibly.

Who would've thought kerosene could melt steel but that's another rant for another thread all together!

But with the Sun's heat, I wouldn't expect anything to remotely get near it.
Not even Mercury!

Stargates! It's really not that far fetched if you consider String Theory! Which would help to offer up an explanation as to why UFOs are seen "in" volcanoes!

It's stuff like this that makes me forever humble.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join