It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Aren't The Jewish Religious texts edited to remove Racist and hate passages?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by digginapony

Sometimes I love ATS because it's a portal into a bizarre alien universe with its own comprehensive internal logic. Posts like these are cryptic but legible enough to give the impression that there really is a massive Khazarite Jewish conspiracy against everyone else. It has the aesthetic bonus of reminding me of the strange symbiosis between Judea and Rome!

A star for your strange rant, sirrah.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

Thats just rediculous and you just proved you know little if anything of the Jews.

A majority of people have this delusion that all Jews in Israel are Ashkenazi or European Jews. They are not. Israel is the most multi-cultural nation in the world. The Israelis are made up of Jews mainly from Europe, USA, Russia, Asia, Africa/North Africa, South America, India, Persia, Turkey, Italy, Greece, Middle East, Australia, South Africa, Britain, Afghanistan, Kurdish, Yemen, and Spain.

There are 4 types of Jews: Ashkenazi, Sephardic, Mizrachi, Karachi.

Ashkenazi are East, West and Central European (Poland, Russia, Germany etc); Sephardic are mainly Spanish/North African/Middle Eastern; Mizrachi are mainly Eastern/Central Asia/Caucasus; Karachi are mainly from India/Pakistan. Sephardic Jews (mainly Spanish) intermingled with Mizrachi Jews around the 15th century.

Most Ashkenazi Jews have roots to Persian and Babylonian Jews.

Khazars are a Turkish non-semitic race, some later spread out among East Europeans (Poland and Russia) although most stayed in Turkey and have absorbed among Islamic and Christian communities. Muslims would like to tell otherwise but fact is there are alot more Khazars among the ancestors of Turkish Muslims than there are among Ashkenazi Jews.

I believe the Khazar Jews did in fact have a semitic link because why else would they had converted to Judiasm? I know the tribe of Simeon had a close relationship with them and found the Khazars practiced a very similar but diluted belief system.

Hope you all learned something!

edit on 1-10-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I made it through three pages of this thread, somehow . . .

OP, first you don't think you have to provide evidence for YOUR claims, then you constantly misquote all the texts . . . who is supposed to take you seriously?

End this retarded thread, just put it out of its misery please.
edit on 1-10-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

PS

digginapony I am 3/4 ashkenazi, am I in on the conspiracy?

Ashkenazi Jewish intelligence
en.wikipedia.org...

Many psychometric studies of have measured an above average IQ American and European Jewish populations. The degree of difference varies depending on the methodology and population being tested. Above average scores for both verbal and mathematical IQ have been found, along with below average visuospatial abilities.[2][3][4] Some studies have found IQ scores amongst Ashkenazi Jews to be a fifth to one full standard deviation above average. A 2004 review of data found many such studies to have used sample sizes which were too small to give reliable results, and notes that there also exist studies which have found Ashkenazi groups to be below average intelligence. However, using vocabulary size as a measure, the review cites two findings which confirm the view that there may be a reliable advantage to Ashkenazi Jews of around 7.5 IQ points (half a standard deviation), specifically related to verbal intelligence.[5] Most studies do not differentiate Ashkenazi from other Jewish populations. However, most such studies were conducted in the US, whose Jewish population is 90% Ashkenazi.[6]

Natural history of Ashkenazi intelligence.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Abstract
This paper elaborates the hypothesis that the unique demography and sociology of Ashkenazim in medieval Europe selected for intelligence. Ashkenazi literacy, economic specialization, and closure to inward gene flow led to a social environment in which there was high fitness payoff to intelligence, specifically verbal and mathematical intelligence but not spatial ability. As with any regime of strong directional selection on a quantitative trait, genetic variants that were otherwise fitness reducing rose in frequency. In particular we propose that the well-known clusters of Ashkenazi genetic diseases, the sphingolipid cluster and the DNA repair cluster in particular, increase intelligence in heterozygotes. Other Ashkenazi disorders are known to increase intelligence. Although these disorders have been attributed to a bottleneck in Ashkenazi history and consequent genetic drift, there is no evidence of any bottleneck. Gene frequencies at a large number of autosomal loci show that if there was a bottleneck then subsequent gene flow from Europeans must have been very large, obliterating the effects of any bottleneck. The clustering of the disorders in only a few pathways and the presence at elevated frequency of more than one deleterious allele at many of them could not have been produced by drift. Instead these are signatures of strong and recent natural selection.

On The Evolution Of Ashkenazi Jewish Intelligence
www.futurepundit.com...

Ashkenazi Jews pose two mysteries for biological science. First, why do they have so many genetic diseases that fall into just a few categories of metabolic function such as the sphingolipid storage diseases Tay-Sachs, Gaucher, Niemann-Pick, and mucolipidosis type IV? The rates of such diseases are so high that their incidence must be the result of either a recent genetic bottleneck where the Ashkenazi population was very small or natural selective pressures aimed at some other phenotype(s) selected for these genotypes due to advantages that those genotypes offer for other functionality. The second mystery is why are Jews so smart? Granted, a lot of Jews want to argue that they are just studious due to their culture. Also, lots of ideologues - particularly on the political Left - stand ready to attack anyone who argues that ethnic and racial groups differ in average intelligence.

But the higher average level of Ashkenazi Jewish intelligence is so glaringly obvious that I figure anyone who tries to argue otherwise is either engaged in intellectual con artistry or is ignorant or foolish. So again, why are Jews so smart?

LoL yes and we are conspiring to rig every test to say we are the most intelligent also

edit on 1-10-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I was just seeking clarification. Thanks for your reply.

I always felt this "Khazar" link does not make sense. But it is all over the internet.

You are right that Turkik people are represented most in East European/Russian/Turkey populations.

There are a lot of Turkik people in Iran, Pakistan as well.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This recent article seems relevant to the discussion, so I thought I would share it:

Modern-day Jews are not God's chosen people, said Pope Shenouda III, the head of Egypt's Coptic Orthodox Church, in a statement Wednesday evening.

"Do not believe their claims that they are God's chosen people, because it is not true," Shenouda said during his weekly sermon on Wednesday evening at the papal residence in Abbasseya.

When there were no believers on earth the Jews were really God's chosen people, but God's chosen people are now all those who believe in the existence of God and carry out all God's teachings, he added. Shenouda said he had spoken earlier with former US President Jimmy Carter, and explained to him that Jews were called God’s chosen people because they were the only worshipers on earth, while the rest of its inhabitants were pagans.

Once billions believed in the existence of God, the Jews no longer were God’s chosen people, he said, and now all those who believe in God and have true faith are God's chosen people.

news.egypt.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

You're most welcome. I too have seen this "Khazar" theory all over the internet, it's origins started by Muslims to try and illigitimize Israelis as having no link to the ancient Hebrews.

Now whats interesting is no Arab dare tell you when their nations became independant:

1. Lebanon: 1920

2. Trans Jordan: 1928

3. Syria: 1946

4. Iraq: 1958

5. Bahrain: 1971

6. UAE: 1971

7. Saudi Arabia: 1932

8. Qatar: 1971

9. Oman: 1958?

10. Yemen: North: 1918, South: 1967 Unification: 1990

11. Kuwait: 1961

12. Israel: 1948

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

The Egyptian Coptics have a grudge with Israel because Israel won't come to their defence! I have afew Coptic friends who have told me that quite balantly.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

Why are Jews so smart? For the same reason why Germans are particularly smart too.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The whole thread has kind of gone massively off topic here. OP's question has been answered in a myriad of different ways at this point.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Ha ha ha! I just love it when thread about racism in Jewish religious books slides into racist remarks against Jews just after few first posts. World is so full of irony.
To the OP - as in any religion holy text are, well - holy. Which means that they are write-protected. You will not see Christians rewriting their texts that say that Christians are good ones and allow for heretics to be,ehhm. questioned (as in - inquisition),not Muslims rewriting theirs that also allow slaughter of those who do not fall in definition of people of book. And yet nor Christians ,nor Muslims do not slaughter hundreds of millions of heretics or infidels. Nor Jews do all the racist stuff that is written,belive it or not.
This is basically the answer. Text are from God, or from sages that were closer in time to other sages that were closer in time to other sages who were there when other sages heard what should be written. So it is not to be messed with.
Is is good? I do not know,probably not. But one can argue that if you change something that is clearly wrong,then things that are borderline wrong or even spot on could be changed by interested parties. Imagine porky-selling lobby in Israel pushing for edit of some texts.

Not to mention that it will not help to Jews - so many posters here will go with "oh those Khazarians ,they now hide their evil racism. This is even more evil then writing it in open.Those evil racists. Burn them!!!"
Nor it will help to non-Jews since those fundamentalists who do things to the letter will not go with this liberal zeitgeist and the majority of Jews who treat it now like some archaic thing written by bitter people in times when even most civilized nations could enter the city and kill and sell innocent people as slaves will not be influenced.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by chrissiel123

They already have been editing the books and Scriptures for thousands of years in their own language. Why do you think there is so many denominations, religions and translations in just English from the same Original Scriptures written about 2000 years and older?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I would like to know how much you understand about the pagan names, symbols and religious doctrines that are floating around out there. The real truth of the matter is, all religions are man made, the names that come out of those relgions are man made, and from the devil. Its all Babylon, the land of confusion. Once those who are part of the chosen Elect in these last days wake up, the confusion will be over, and everyone will know what happened. Its going to be a sad awakening for alot of folks.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

I've not really seen any racist passages. There's a lot of hate and disgust in cultures, but not races.

I've no problem with that hate of culture. Not all cultures are the same, and some, in fact, deserve extermination.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Truly odd how some people will insult and ridicule an OP for asking whether Racist and hate passages should be removed from so called Holly books.

Perhaps hate is just too comforting to hang onto for some.

Then again Iam sure there are those just too dim to understand ...despite their snide attacks on anyone who dare challenge accepted wrongs.

Perhaps the scriptures should have "FICTION" on the cover.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

That passage was talking about how the Messiah Yahuwshuwah (not Jesus/Iesus/Ἰησοῦς/Yeshua) was sent to those who are of the chosen people of Yisra'al. The woman was a Canaanite who was not of the people of Yisra'al and wasnt the people that the Messiah was to preach the Good News to. But because the woman believed and heard from Him and had faith that Yahuwshuwah was the true Messiah, she saved her daughter was healed.

The Apostles were told by the Messiah to preach the Good News to the Gentiles, that was their job, the Messiah Yahuwshuwah was to preach to His Lost Sheep, the people of Yisra'al. Just to clear some misunderstanding.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Reply to post by buster2010

If you can't use simple logic to deduce the origins of the word "Jew," how can you use advanced logic to give an exegesis on a set of verses.

Learn the word Jew, then we can talk.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Is that seriously from the Talmud? Its no wonder that wicked book should burn for eternity with those who follow it. Its completey contradictory to the Scriptures, and completely racist the whole thing!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Just a side note ...what happenned to the so called Pagan Books of spiritual matters?
They were burned the knowledge forbidden.
We now worship a God who is brought to us by Semitic tribes.
Where are the Anglo/celtic/norman/saxon/jute scriptures.
Or did God say " No only the semites will know me " the rest will live in darkness?
We should be ashamed of blindly accepting a foreign god before knowing about our own teachings.
Perhaps that is the hidden history that is a big conspiracy..no one remembers?
Perhaps we have forgotten the true God?
And embraced a fabricated one...that spread its message for racial gain?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I've been trying to find this types of passages in the Talmud but am having a hard time, other than random websites which show the passage out of context. If you have a source I'd be interested in seeing this actually in one of these books.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Why do you think.

Victors decide history, policy, behavior.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join