It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Aren't The Jewish Religious texts edited to remove Racist and hate passages?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This isn't an anti Jewish thread ....I have a Jewish background but not an active one....but it has intrigued me for a few seasons now , why the rabidly racist and bigoted passages against non Jews in the bible have not been removed from not only the Torah ,Talmud, but also the Old Testament.

Is this not curious?
I think it is disturbing and evil in fact.

God is not a racist nor a bigot, yet if we read some of these texts that obedient Jews believe in , we would think they are talking about lower forms of life.

I ask these questions in earnestness not hate of any description.

I believe in equality between man ...and I believe God is more moral than I.

In fact why can't non Jews sue for racial hate compenstation ...seeing as many western people had Bibles placed in classrooms and in motel rooms.

Even the new testament has plenty of referncing non Jews as sub standard before God.

Come on lets be frank here, racism is racism, hate is hate.

In God s purpoted books , it is rabidly prevalent.

It actually sickens my soul the hypocrisy and double standards.

Thisa is 2011 not thousands of years ago...or is God eternally racist?
edit on 30-9-2011 by Dr Expired because: plural correction in title

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
do the words

chosen race

ring a bell, any?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
you want people to start editing their bibles and holy books?
not going to happen. People of faith will die to defend their words.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Common misconception that ISRAEL=JEWS. Jews were but just 1 of the 12 tribes of Israel, the tribe of Judah. Anytime the Bible references ISRAEL, it is talking of all the people that worship the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
^ the christian bible's been edited 21 times (that is, 21 versions)

and then theres the mormon addendum

edit on 30-9-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Who are you? Tipper Gore?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

...and the people who occupy the modern day satanic state of Israel are Khazars who converted in 740 AD to hide behind Judaism. They have you all saying things like "Jesus was a Jew." This will work out perfectly when they unleash their Jewish messiah who they say will be a descendant of David and is Jesus. The ancestors of the people who commit genocide and ethnic cleansing against the Palestinians never stepped foot in the holy land. Ignorant Christians fall for their lies and facilitate the anti-Christ.

Rev 2:9

We were warned.

They are of their father who was a liar and a murderer in the beginning and will be in the end.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by digginapony

Read the Talmud to understand what is occurring in the world. Among other things, it teaches Jesus is burning in hell in his own excrement. Yet, our brave heroes are being sent to die fighting Muslims who revere Christ. They laugh at you. All of your food products have symbols on them like a capital K. Do you know what these symbols are? You are enslaved to the Federal Reserve banking system. You will constantly be indebted to them. What is someone who constantly owes someone else. The head of EVERY major media corporation is a Khazar. The head of every major fianncial institution including the IMF, the World Bank, and the Federal Reserve is a Khazar. Do you think this is merely a coincidence?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr ExpiredThis isn't an anti Jewish thread ....I have a Jewish background but not an active one....but it has intrigued me for a few seasons now , why the rabidly racist and bigoted passages against non Jews in the bible have not been removed from not only the Torah ,Talmud, but also the Old Testament...

Even the new testament has plenty of referncing non Jews as sub standard before God...

In God s purpoted books , it is rabidly prevalent.

Could you reference some of the sections of the bible you're talking about? I won't speak for the talmud because I don't believe it purports to be scripture, so much as assorted jewish commentary, but I'm not aware of any rabid racism in the bible, other than proclamations against some of the non-jews in the old testaments, and those were for stated reasons such as pollution of the jewish faith (belief in 'the one true god' as per the beliefs of those who subscribe to the bible) resulting from the syncretism of the pagan nations introducing their beliefs to the hebrews.

And I'm also aware of plenty of proclamations against the jews themselves in the bible, as well as god saying he couldn't go with them since they were stubborn and he might be forced to destroy them along the way...so despite their status as his representative people, they also weren't honestly set on any pedestals as their own deity couldn't spare a great deal of tolerance or excuse their faults any more than he could anyone else...and had to actively check them on a regular basis as well.

Additionally, there were plenty of cases of non-jews being recognized as righteous and accepted in the eyes of god throughout as well...so I'm going to need a bit of clarity on this, please.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Funnily enough, if you take those 21 versions and lay out each verse side by side, they all mean the same thing.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
If people edited out every part of holy texts that they didn't like, there would be nothing left.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto
reply to post by ignant

Funnily enough, if you take those 21 versions and lay out each verse side by side, they all mean the same thing.

Well said. Updating for modern language and readability or continuing to revise with more accurate/original texts doesn't really mean a whole lot when there's not any doctrinal changes involved.

BTW, what's all the hebrew in your avatar signify, if anything?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The Aleph and the Tav, Alpha and Omega, Beginning and End.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I do not think it is necessary in all honesty...there are so many .
The point Iam making is the Old testement is so full of racism.bigotry/sexism / cruelty how can we claim it is Gods word?

the torah and Talmus is so off ...you are right ....but alas ultra orthodox Jews believe and follow it.

Iam not saying it is wrong I jjust have trouble it reconciling hate with Gods word.

In the old testament the line that always sticks with me is Jesus asking the gentile woman why she dare speak to him or touch him.
She replied " even little dogs may eat the crumbs from their masters table"

That sums up the mentality of those who wrote the passage perfectly.

edit on 30-9-2011 by Dr Expired because: spelling

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
reply to post by Praetorius

In the old testament the line that always sticks with me is Jesus asking the gentile woman why she dare speak to him or touch him.
She replied " even little dogs may eat the crumbs from their masters table"

Huh? Jesus didn't react that way toward her. You're blatantly misrepresenting the scriptures. That being said, I think it might be necessary for you to quote the scriptures you are talking about in the OP. Furthermore, Jesus didn't say anything in the Old Testament.
edit on 30-9-2011 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
30 And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes? 31 And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? 32 And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing. 33 But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth. 34 And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Dear Dr Expired,

Nice to see you again, hope you're well.

I fear you are treading a dangerous path. Huckleberry Finn, The Song of the South, Little Black Sambo, all gone. They offend. Words removed from polite speech. Ideas that must be held, ideas that must not be held, in order to avoid offense.

Football coaches disciplined; they didn't say a word, just bowed their heads while others were praying.

Dr Expired, I truly admire your desire to avoid causing offense and fomenting hatred. I'm probably a fanatic, don't pay much attention to me, but perhaps you should pay a little?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

Please apologise to me and all deniers of ignorance for your slur against me.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

What do you mean?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join