Why Aren't The Jewish Religious texts edited to remove Racist and hate passages?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto
30 And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes? 31 And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? 32 And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing. 33 But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth. 34 And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.

What a whole load of ignorance.
Here is the truth.
bible.cc...

Make sure ye scroll down the page as well
edit on 30-9-2011 by Dr Expired because: added comment

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Oh my bad man, you were referencing a different scripture!

21Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession.”

23Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to their dogs.”

27“Yes, Lord,” she said, “but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters’ table.”

28Then Jesus answered, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

Either way, you have forgotten about the most important part of the message. Faith!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
That's a great question. They edit other books for explicit sex scenes, but find racial issues in one of the more popular and PRACTICED books. But, since you have more of a jewish background then I do, I'm willing to bet you know the answer better than me.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Hi
Mr Charles 1952
Your obtuseness has gone a ways above my head as I have had a couple of beers(nose growing)...offense , defense, football coaches,the fact is the world is controlled by those who do things in th ename of their GOD.

The God who could have inspired the chosen to write such hate text is not a God I would recognise as Love.

But alas perhaps the God of the scriptures is but a creatd tool fo rdespots and tyrants?

We have to write the truth as we see it and modify our beliefs if proven wrong.

How can I be proved wrong if the words are still in the scriptures?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It isn't really a race thing, because Israel does not = Jew. It's more of a...God's people vs not God's people.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by digginapony
reply to post by graphuto

...and the people who occupy the modern day satanic state of Israel are Khazars who converted in 740 AD to hide behind Judaism. They have you all saying things like "Jesus was a Jew." This will work out perfectly when they unleash their Jewish messiah who they say will be a descendant of David and is Jesus. The ancestors of the people who commit genocide and ethnic cleansing against the Palestinians never stepped foot in the holy land. Ignorant Christians fall for their lies and facilitate the anti-Christ.

Rev 2:9

We were warned.

They are of their father who was a liar and a murderer in the beginning and will be in the end.

Wow, uumm .... yeah, this is all completely false and I fear you may need some anger management...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It isn't hate text. God is love, but he is also JUST. The wages of sin is DEATH

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
do the words

chosen race

ring a bell, any?

Can you tell me what exactly the texts mean by chosen?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It isn't really a race. More of a chosen PEOPLE. Those who follow the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Easy question.

There are are two types of people in the world. Those who obey him, and those who don't.

A person can shift to either side of the equation.

It comes down to black and white.

I hate to use it, but in His eyes, you are either with Him, or against Him. No ifs ands or buts.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto
Common misconception that ISRAEL=JEWS. Jews were but just 1 of the 12 tribes of Israel, the tribe of Judah. Anytime the Bible references ISRAEL, it is talking of all the people that worship the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Well said.

Star for you.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Easy question.

There are are two types of people in the world. Those who obey him, and those who don't.

A person can shift to either side of the equation.

It comes down to black and white.

I hate to use it, but in His eyes, you are either with Him, or against Him. No ifs ands or buts.

Likewise on the well saying!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Ok you got it wrong I forgive you

But alass... you are by bringing up "Faith" oh what a beautiful word and reality...in fact supporting the concept of a peoples ruled and spat upon by the so called Godly.
The poor woman in the verse I linked to ...sees herself as a little dog, she is cunning , she butters up the angry Jewish teacher, by answering in such a manner , so she is excused and not beaten .

Jesus never denies he is here for Jews ....does he in this verse?
Why?
He merely says your faith is your saviour, not your soul, not your blood, not your rights as a human being.

Meditate on this , you are not grasping the evil contained in this passage.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
He never said anything about Jews. He said the lost sheep of Israel. Israel does not equal Jew. She wasn't trying to be cunning, she was desperate because her child was possessed. Furthermore, it never said he was angry, he just ignored her the first few times she called out, until she WENT TO HIM, and got up in his face! The only evil in this passage is in your own imagination, talking about things like being beaten, spat upon, whereas the scriptures say no such thing.
edit on 30-9-2011 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
reply to post by Praetorius

I do not think it is necessary in all honesty...there are so many .

Then you should easily be able to provide some, because it's entirely possible you're misinterpreting them just as you are the other example you provided. Just as Christ wasn't actually calling the jews children, he wasn't actually calling the gentiles dogs. It's an analogy to show relative standing in light of Christ's mission (as he repeatedly clarified that he came first for the jew, then for the gentile). If you'll read through the next couple of verses, he certainly doesn't sound very racist:

Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

The point Iam making is the Old testement is so full of racism.bigotry/sexism / cruelty how can we claim it is Gods word?

Again, examples please so we can all review to confirm and interpret as necessary. Sometimes we take things the wrong way, exaggerate them in our minds, or otherwise stray from the actuality or its intent. On a side note as far as judging it in light of being god's word - another analogy. Scientists doing very important and beneficial work run experiments on animals who have no comprehension of what's taking place, and may misunderstand the facts and context. It is not for us to necessarily understand something that is completely beyond and effectively alien to us by so many degrees.

the torah and Talmus is so off ...you are right ....but alas ultra orthodox Jews believe and follow it.

Iam not saying it is wrong I jjust have trouble it reconciling hate with Gods word.

Understandable, but again, I won't even draw the talmud in here. I tend not to like a good deal of it and it's not on par with the rest in the first place. As far as Torah, that's where I'd like to see specifically what you're referring to, although a good bit of it likely falls back to retaining the purity of the jewish people/religious traditions and the line of descent to messiah for fulfilment of the plan as I somewhat referred to earlier, as well as going back to trying to understand the motivations and scope involved. Effectively like ants trying to understand us, to a degree, grasping at motives so far beyond our capacity to understand and misinterpreting steps required to achieve them. And, to put it roughly, as Paul taught "Hath not the potter power over the clay?"

In the old testament the line that always sticks with me is Jesus asking the gentile woman why she dare speak to him or touch him.
She replied " even little dogs may eat the crumbs from their masters table"

Well, you're actually conflating this - likely with the other verse about the woman who had the ongoing menstrual flow for years...and even then, Jesus just asked who had touched him - he didn't get standoffish. If you'll read through this actual section in Matthew, he just replied by way of analogy as I clarified above, and didn't ask why she was speaking with or touching him.

That sums up the mentality of those who wrote the passage perfectly.

It's apparently easy enough for some to misinterpret it so, yes. Then if you read the following verse, as I mentioned, as well as teaching on the good samaritan, commands for the apostles to finally go out to all nations and make disciples, and so forth, you'll see that it's just a matter of Christ's work initially being restricted to the lost sheep of Israel - but even then, he made allowance for the righteous gentiles who came to him (such as the centurion and others).

You're merely approaching this with a short view. Easy enough to do sometimes.
edit on 9/30/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by digginapony

...and the people who occupy the modern day satanic state of Israel are Khazars who converted in 740 AD to hide behind Judaism.

This is highly inaccurate, historically speaking, and even if it was historically correct, it does not matter because according to Torah, anyone who practices the faith is considered a part of the people. Bloodlines do not matter.

They have you all saying things like "Jesus was a Jew."

Umm . . . He was . . . lol

. . .

The ancestors of the people who commit genocide and ethnic cleansing against the Palestinians

Hey another one. Care to explain to me why the Palestinian population has doubled in the last 20 years?

Those dang Jews . . . err . . . Zionists . . . . do a horrible job of genocide and ethnic cleansing. Even more so if they have the brains and brawn to run all media and financial institutions, as you claim.

never stepped foot in the holy land.

No proof of if they did or did not. But their religious ancestors did in fact walk in the Holy Land.

Ignorant Christians fall for their lies and facilitate the anti-Christ.

Rev 2:9

We were warned.

They are of their father who was a liar and a murderer in the beginning and will be in the end.

Ahh. The good old fall back of the synagogue of Satan.

Too bad that the writer of the passage is talking about spirituality and not blood lines through out the chapter.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kokoro

I am not angry. What have I stated that is erroneous? Let us go through each claim one by one.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

No proof of if they did or did not. But their religious ancestors did in fact walk in the Holy Land.

Got any proof of that??

Or is it just opinion?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

It is completely accurate. I do encourage everyone to not take my word for it, however. It is more powerful when one learns the truth independently. Look into Arthur Koestler, who came from a Khazarian Jewish family himself. Read the Talmud. Know them by their fruits.

Wake up America !!!

JEWISH AND ISRAELI SPIES

Katya and Sayanin

Jewish Spies: Bigger than AIPAC

(see neo-con jews for more suspected espionage)

If at any time while reading this you wonder how a country as small as Israel can afford all this espionage and you would like to see where the money comes from grab your spouse and look in the bathroom mirror. To see where the money will come from in the future hold your children up to the mirror.

The total number of Jewish/Israeli spies convicted or expelled from the United States of America exceeds the number of spies convicted for all other ethnic groups.

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and he carries his banners openly. But the traitor moves among those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not traitor; he speaks in the accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their garments, and he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation; he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of a city; he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to be feared." (Cicero)

Katya and Sayanin: A Katya is a Jewish spy. The Sayanin are those Jews resident in the host nation who provide support and assistance to the spies in their missions. In 1979 an ex-CIA official said "Mossad can go to any distinguished American Jew and ask for help." (9/3/1979, Newsweek) Some years ago an analysis of the Forbes list of billionaires found that almost 40% were Jews. Did they have some assistance from Jerusalem in acquiring their money? Were the 200 Israeli spies expelled after 9/11 the only spies they have in this country? If it were any other country and we caught 200 spies what would we have done? Why did the spy story only run on one network? Why did the spy story disappear from the Fox News website?
As JewAs Jews make up about 2% of our population and blacks make up about 14% there should be 6 times as many black spies as there are Jewish spies wouldn't you think? I can't think of any black spies.

Israeli Spying:
The Mother of all Scandals

The Israeli Spy Ring

Connect the Dots

Israel US spying

HUNDREDS OF MOSSAD AGENTS
CAUGHT RUNNING WILD IN AMERICA!

In addition to the espionage listed below please don't forget the 140-200 spies picked up and expelled after 9/11. The Bush Administration dropped charges against them and they returned to Israel.

Also please don't forget the Jewish spies:

Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, (who sold our Nuclear Weapons secrets to the Soviet Union) Morton Sobel, Elizibeth Terrel Bently, Klaus Fuchs, Theodore Hall, Harry Gold, William Pearl, and Jonathan Pollard, (who turned over some 800,000 pages of information including US code breaking techniques and information on US agents in Israel and the Middle East to Israel) and Aldrich Ames; And ???

"Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that . . . I want to tell you something very clear: Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it." - Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon, October 3, 2001, to Shimon Peres, as reported on Kol Yisrael radio.

1947. Information collected by the ADL in its spy operations on US citizens is used by the House Select Committee on Unamerican Activities. Subcommittee Chair Clare Hoffman dismisses the ADL's reports on suspected communists as hearsay."

1950 John Davitt, former chief of the Justice Department's internal security section notes that the Israeli intelligence service is the second most active in the United States after the Soviets.

1954 A hidden microphone planted by the Israelis is discovered in the Office of the US Ambassador in Tel Aviv.

1956 Telephone taps are found connected to two telephones in the residence of the US military attach in Tel Aviv.

1954 "The Lavon Affair". Israeli agents recruit Egyptian citizens of Jewish descent to bomb Western targets in Egypt, and plant evidence to frame Arabs, in an apparent attempt to upset US-Egyptian relations. Israeli defense minister Pinchas Lavon is eventually removed from office, though many think real responsibility lay with David Ben-Gurion.

1965 Israel apparently illegally obtains enriched uranium from NUMEC Corp

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by digginapony

1967 Israel attacks the USS Liberty, an intelligence gathering vessel flying a US flag, killing 34 crew members. See "Assault on the Liberty," by James M. Ennes, Jr. (Random House). In 2004, Captain Ward Boston, Senior Legal Counsel for the Navy's Court of Inquiry into the attack swears under oath that President Lyndon Johnson ordered the investigation to conclude accident, even though the evidence indicates the attack was deliberate. Given the use by Israel of unmarked boats and planes, and the machine-gunning of USS Liberty's lifeboats, the most likely explanation is that USS Liberty was to be sunk with all hands, with evidence left to frame Egypt for the sinking. This would have dragged the US into the war on Israel's side.

1970 While working for Senator Henry "Scoop" Jackson, Richard Perle is caught by the FBI giving classified information to Israel. Nothing is done.

1978, Stephen Bryen, then a Senate Foreign Relations Committee staffer, is overheard in a DC hotel offering confidential documents to top Israeli military officials. Bryen obtains a lawyer, Nathan Lewin, and the case heads for the grand jury, but is mysteriously dropped. Bryen later goes to work for Richard Perle.

1979 Shin Beth [the Israeli internal security agency] tries to penetrate the US Consulate General in Jerusalem through a "Honey Trap", using a clerical employee who was having an affair with a Jerusalem girl.

1985 The New York Times reports the FBI is aware of at least a dozen incidents in which American officials transferred classified information to the Israelis, quoting [former Assistant Director of the F.B.I.] Mr. [Raymond] Wannal. The Justice Department does not prosecute.

1985 Richard Smyth, the owner of MILCO, is indicted on charges of smuggling nuclear timing devices to Israel ( Washington Post, 10/31/86).

1987 April 24 Wall Street Journal headline: "Role of Israel in Iran-Contra Scandal Won't be Explored in Detail by Panels"

1992 The Wall Street Journal reports that Israeli agents apparently tried to steal Recon Optical Inc's top-secret airborne spy-camera system.

1992 Stephen Bryen, caught offering confidential documents to Israel in 1978, is serving on board of the pro-Israeli Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs while continuing as a paid consultant -- with security clearance -- on exports of sensitive US technology.

1992 "The Samson Option," by Seymour M. Hersh reports, illicitly obtained intelligence was flying so voluminously from LAKAM into Israeli intelligence that a special code name, JUMBO, was added to the security markings already on the documents. There were strict orders, Ari Ben-Menashe recalled: "Anything marked JUMBO was not supposed to be discussed with your American counterparts."

1993. The ADL is caught operating a massive spying operation on critics of Israel, Arab-Americans, the San Francisco Labor Council, ILWU Local 10, Oakland Educational Association, NAACP, Irish Northern Aid, International Indian Treaty Council, the Asian Law Caucus and the San Francisco police. Data collected was sent to Israel and in some cases to South Africa. Pressure from Jewish organizations forces the city to drop the criminal case, but the ADL settles a civil lawsuit for an undisclosed sum of cash.

1995 The Defense Investigative Service circulates a memo warning US military contractors that " Israel aggressively collects [ US] military and industrial technology." The report stated that Israel obtains information using "ethnic targeting, financial aggrandizement, and identification and exploitation of individual frailties" of US citizens.

1996 A General Accounting Office report "Defense Industrial Security: Weaknesses in US Security Arrangements With Foreign-Owned Defense Contractors" found that according to intelligence sources "Country A" (identified by intelligence sources as Israel, Washington Times, 2/22/96) "conducts the most aggressive espionage operation against the United States of any US ally." The Jerusalem Post (8/30/96) quoted the report, "Classified military information and sensitive military technologies are high-priority targets for the intelligence agencies of this country." The report described "An espionage operation run by the intelligence organization responsible for collecting scientific and technologic information for [ Israel] paid a US government employee to obtain US classified military intelligence documents." The Washington Report on Middle East Affairs (Shawn L. Twing, April 1996) noted that this was "a reference to the 1985 arrest of Jonathan Pollard, a civilian US naval intelligence analyst who provided Israel's LAKAM [Office of Special Tasks] espionage agency an estimated 800,000 pages of classified US intelligence information."

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join